Sony Hack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
As has been reported in the news, Sony has recently been hacked and several major films have been leaked across the internet, and private emails of employees, president and salary information for celebrities have all been released.

This is widely considered to be a direct response to Sony's upcoming film "The Interview" - a comedy in which James Franco and Seth Rogen are assigned the task of assassinating Kim Jong Un.

Although North Korea states they have no involvement with the hack, the hacker team has demanded that Sony remove The Interview from their upcoming slate of films.

-----

This is wild, and all kinds of inside information into the company is being released. For example, several employees expressing that Sony is nothing but "Adam Sandler trash flicks" and even back and forth conversations in regards to have included Spider-Man in the MCU.

This could be bad news for the company moving forward, that's already struggled film wise this year.

dadudemon
I think this is awesome but I do not support illegal activities like these. So while I am amused by the situation, I am not pleased that Sony is getting raped (the original definition of rape, not the sexual use of it) because they dared indirectly fund a movie that is critical of a stupid dictatorship.

Quincy
Like, if this is proven to be North Korea behind it officially, what would that mean and lead to?

Robtard
Probably nothing. They're already listed as "evil", guess the US could list them as "really evil".

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
I think this is awesome but I do not support illegal activities like these. So while I am amused by the situation, I am not pleased that Sony is getting raped (the original definition of rape, not the sexual use of it) because they dared indirectly fund a movie that is critical of a stupid dictatorship.

YES! Finally someone standing up for what is right and true in this world. The oppression of the original definition of rape shall end here. Celebrate the hero!!!

Quincy
Originally posted by Robtard
Probably nothing. They're already listed as "evil", guess the US could list them as "really evil".

They'd get some points for me if it leads to Spider-man's film rights being sold back to Marvel...

Bardock42
thumb up

Shabazz916
thats what they get for doing that bullshii...

if another country made a wide and popular movie about killing a america president the same type of thing would happen to them

Shey Tapani
Cuban needs to develop that Cloud Dust quick.

Quincy
http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/16/technology/security/sony-hackers/index.html?iid=HP_LN&hpt=hp_t2

We've got claims stating that a 9/11 styled terrorist attack on the premiere of The Interview...

Robtard
Apparently theaters are canceling carrying the film, seems the nerd-terrorist are winning

Quincy
Wow that's ****ed

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard
Apparently theaters are canceling carrying the film, seems the nerd-terrorist are winning

Shame. Ironically, now I want to see the film even though I had no interest before.

Robtard
Can't imagine every theater will cancel. This does set a precedent though

Lestov16
As far as films about a head of state being assassinated and or being villainous, there have been many. Hell in Team America, Kim Jong Il was a cockroach. These North Koreans are overreacting as they always do.

Mindship
Originally posted by ares834
now I want to see the film even though I had no interest before. Ditto. Maybe they should release it directly to cable, let millions of homes buy-n-watch.

Also, perhaps it's time the US goes on the cyberoffensive. Attack North Korea anyway. "We know it's you."

Quincy
I kind of want to go watch it now, to spite them. Despite the movie not looking very good.

Although that'd be sweet if this was all a viral marketing campaign

Tattoos N Scars
We can't let other countries punk us like that. Obama already let Putin punk him over Syria.

Shey Tapani
They forgot to include Rodman. He would had been down with the movie in that case.

Tattoos N Scars
North Korea is now without internet? Is this a U.S. response or did Korea take themselves offline?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Shabazz916
thats what they get for doing that bullshii...

if another country made a wide and popular movie about killing a america president the same type of thing would happen to them
The movie wasn't popular though until this whole mess started. The North Koreans took what would have been an unexceptional comedy and made certain that now everyone on Earth would want to watch it, if for nothing more than curiosity.

Also, I don't believe anything would happen but complaints from Republican senators if someone made a movie about a serving president's assassination.

Quincy
It's true, I saw the trailers for this movie and thought "oh god this looks awful." Although I do love some Lizzy Caplan.

Now however, I'm pretty hard up for seeing this movie. Afterall, I do love some Lizzy Caplan.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The movie wasn't popular though until this whole mess started. The North Koreans took what would have been an unexceptional comedy and made certain that now everyone on Earth would want to watch it, if for nothing more than curiosity.

Also, I don't believe anything would happen but complaints from Republican senators if someone made a movie about a serving president's assassination.

Someone else reminded me of this but what seems to be happening, with this film, is the Streisand Effect.

I haven't watched South Park in quite awhile, but I hope they do something with this. I would love to watch them make fun of this entire media-political drama.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.