Why is it called 'gay'?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
Are homosexuals happier than heterosexuals or something?

Or is that just how it's to be depicted by media and slang induction?

Subliminal misrepresentation of the philia?

Has this been a plot to control blood lines from the beginning?

Alpha Debater
It is a self descriptive positive description used to counter past negatives like *** and queer. I am in favour of the word gay and in favour of equality in all things for gays.

Oneness
Originally posted by Alpha Debater
It is a self descriptive positive That's a bit arrogant.

Proclaiming that homosexuals are better because they're happier.

I'm ****ing with you.

Alpha Debater
Originally posted by Oneness
That's a bit arrogant. No, it's a way to counter non self descriptive negatives.

Oneness
I need to get drunk again.

Alpha Debater
That's a bit arrogant.

Proclaiming that homosexuals are better because they're happier.

I'm ****ing with you.

Ha, O.K. fair enough.

Oneness
N-g-dIU6v_0

Oneness
Aids trailer.

Oneness
Now heterosexuals can't even call themselves gay anymore when they're happy.

Robtard
I need to get drunk again.

You of all people should avoid drinking alcohol, especially in excess

Oneness
Originally posted by Robtard
You of all people should avoid drinking alcohol, especially in excess yHUc9r48jCM

Ironically enough, that particular actor, Jim Parsons, happens to be interested only in other members of his gender.

Mindship
Are homosexuals happier than heterosexuals or something?

Or is that just how it's to be depicted by media and slang induction?

Subliminal misrepresentation of the philia?

Has this been a plot to control blood lines from the beginning? Interesting question. I googled it to find an interesting answer (courtesy of wikipedia). Basically, the evolution of the word/association went something like this...

Gay: carefree --> hedonist --> loose sexual morals --> homosexual.

Time frame: last few hundred years, with rapid development in the last few decades.

Oneness
Originally posted by Mindship
Interesting question. I googled it to find an interesting answer (courtesy of wikipedia). Basically, the evolution of the word/association went something like this...

Gay: carefree --> hedonist --> loose sexual morals --> homosexual.

Time frame: last few hundred years, with rapid development in the last few decades. Informative.

I believe in hedonism, I am hyper-sexually immoral but I'm not homosexual or bisexual.

Would I fall in the gay category? For the word's original meaning, yes I would. However, now, I'll just catch a ton of bullshit for it.

I blame the rednecks for being stigmatic, not the homosexuals for trimming my competition.

Oneness
Neanderthals walk among us.

Digi
Why is it called gay? Because words can mean more than one thing, and/or evolve over time?

Has this been a plot to control blood lines from the beginning?

Ya know, or that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.