Momentum in Climate Change Battle Shifting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/world/strange-climate-event-warmth-toward-the-us.html?ref=world&_r=0

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/12/poll-half-of-republicans-support-climate-regulations/

Interestingly, despite Mitch McConnel's stated opposition to the currently proposed regulations, it seems that his base may not be as gungho as he thinks about stymieing climate change regulation. A recent poll conducted by Yale suggests that more than half of all Republicans and Right Leaning independents believe that regulation is needed to address global warming. (The same article however casts doubt on how many republicans actually believe in Anthropogenic Global Warming)

Of course the poll, like all polls, is far from definitive, but it does give one food for thought. That Republicans still aren't too concerned about Global Warming, yet are coming around to supporting (or at least not opposing) carbon dioxide regulations suggests that this might be a battle that the Republican Party Base might be giving up on.

My belief is that with the economy improving, the idea of regulating industry is becoming less terrifying to a lot of more moderate Republicans.

Time Immemorial
Climate change has existed for 1000's of years, not a damn thing we could do about it.

The only problem I have is cutting the rain forests down, now that is just dumb.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Climate change has existed for 1000's of years, not a damn thing we could do about it.

The only problem I have is cutting the rain forests down, now that is just dumb.

Way to curb the point, Rush Limbaugh

thumb up, but you don't think dumping billion of tons of pollutants into the air, water and ground has or could have any negative effects on the planet?

Shabazz916

wrong the climate has always refreshed itself to perserve itself

humans are ****ing up that natural cycle

red g jacks

The only problem I have is cutting the rain forests down, now that is just dumb. true. we should just set it on fire instead.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Way to curb the point, Rush Limbaugh

thumb up, but you don't think dumping billion of tons of pollutants into the air, water and ground has or could have any negative effects on the planet?

Do your part then Rob, buy anything with packaging or anything manufactured goods. Walk to work, grow your own food and collect rain water.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Shabazz916

Wrong

Time Immemorial
Do your part then Rob, don't buy anything with packaging or anything manufactured goods. Walk to work, grow your own food and collect rain water.

Fixed

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Shabazz916

This simply isn't true.

The history of the Earth has seen massive shifts over time in climate and the composition of the atmosphere long before humans ever appeared. It's true that human activities are to blame for the current warming trend, but to say that the climate was always stable until the industrial revolution is oversimplifying the complexity of global climate change.

Robtard
Do your part then Rob, buy anything with packaging or anything manufactured goods. Walk to work, grow your own food and collect rain water.

I actively do what I can. My work commute is 16 miles round trip; I drive less than 10k miles a year on average. I do buy products with less packaging when available (as a side benefit, they're cheaper). I recycle. I have grown vegetable when I had the space for a garden. I tend to not be an impulse buyer. I'll buy environmental friendly alternative products when available, even though they tend to cost more. Granted, I'm sure I could do more.

But this is besides the original point, ad hominem deflector-man.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
I actively do what I can. My work commute is 16 miles round trip; I drive less than 10k miles a year on average. I do buy products with less packaging when available (as a side benefit, they're cheaper). I recycle. I have grown vegetable when I had the space for a garden. I tend to not be an impulse buyer. I'll buy environmental friendly alternative products when available, even though they tend to cost more. Granted, I'm sure I could do more.

But this is besides the original point, ad hominem deflector-man.

Well at least you do what you preach.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.