Gladiator vs Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Gladiator

vs

Classic Juggs

Glads cannot lose confidence

Both Blood Lusted

No BFR.

pym-ftw
Gladperion wins.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Gladperion wins.

My bad, just Gladiator.

pym-ftw
Glads probably takes it.

juggernaut74
Juggernaut wins.

zopzop
How does Gladiator win?

At best it's a stalemate as long as Gladiator stays out of Juggernaut's reach.

h1a8
Juggs wins if he can grab Glads. Otherwise stalemate since Glads can't hurt him.

juggernaut74
Yea Juggernaut tanked the god blast from Thor back in the day. Kallark is gonna have a hard time hurting him.

h1a8
Juggs tanks full on Thor slams with Mjolnir while barely feeling it. I can't see Glads even harming him at all.
Also, some writers even have Juggs with a hf that is even superior to Hulk's. In other words, some writers would have Juggs heals instantly if the impossible ever happens.

juggernaut74
Depowered Juggy fought Hyperion and did Ok if I remember correctly.

juggernaut74
Just looked at Thunderbolts #150 and a depowered Juggy gave the team of Luke Cage and Thor a hell of a time.

KingD19
That was actually one of, if not the weakest incarnation of 616 Juggernaut.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by KingD19
That was actually one of, if not the weakest incarnation of 616 Juggernaut. I recall a scene in a X-Men comic where Juggernaut was struggling to lift a weight that wasn't even at Colossus' level yet.

KingD19
That was "Huggernaut". The level he was at when he went back to the X-Men for a while.

The one who fought Hyperion and such was Thunderbolts Juggernaut, which happened after he became Captain Universe and Cytorrak got mad that he did so much good.

juggernaut74
That was "Huggernaut". The level he was at when he went back to the X-Men for a while.

The one who fought Hyperion and such was Thunderbolts Juggernaut, which happened after he became Captain Universe and Cytorrak got mad that he did so much good. Were they generally the same power level?

krisblaze
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I recall a scene in a X-Men comic where Juggernaut was struggling to lift a weight that wasn't even at Colossus' level yet.
That was after cyttorak abandoned him.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by krisblaze
That was after cyttorak abandoned him. Yea, I know. I think T-Bolts Juggy has the same power-level.

KingD19
Were they generally the same power level?

Huggernaut seemed to be weaker but Bricks on the X-Men tend to not get much love.

I couldn't see Huggernaut fighting off Thor or Hyperion like Thunderbolt Cain did. He did have a good scrap with an amped Rhino iirc.

juggernaut74
Huggernaut seemed to be weaker but Bricks on the X-Men tend to not get much love.

I couldn't see Huggernaut fighting off Thor or Hyperion like Thunderbolt Cain did. He did have a good scrap with an amped Rhino iirc. He did "OK" against WWHulk from what I remember. Either way he wasn't at full power.

krisblaze
Yea, I know. I think T-Bolts Juggy has the same power-level.
Yeah, though I never fully understood that.

In WWH he got his full powers back and then they started waning again.

juggernaut74

In WWH he got his full powers back and then they started waning again. Cain fought WWHulk before he got the gem back and got stomped but managed to land a couple of good shots. Then when he got the gem back he battled him again and did better than about anybody.

krisblaze
^Yeah I meant after the arc, he had the powers for a while and then seemingly lost them again. He was nowhere near his classical levels in thunderbolts.

KingD19

In WWH he got his full powers back and then they started waning again.

Basically what happened was, he was fighting WWH and Cytorrak told him he'd been holding back. He just had to let him in again and be Juggernaut. Soon as he did that, bam, full powers back.

He had his full powers for a while, but they didn't do anything with him. Then the next time he showed up he got attacked by Captain Universe, the guy the Uni-Power was inhabiting was someone who got messed up by Cain at one point because of one of his fights.

He used the power to take revenge instead of being Captain Universe though, so the power left him and went to Cain. He used it to repair all the damage he did when he fought Spider-Man that first time and tunneled under the city to get out of the concrete.

When he did that, Cytorrak got pissed and took most of his power, but he's been Juggernaut he couldn't take it all at the time.

That's when he became Thunderbolts Cain. Then Cain lost his powers completely, got a loaner from an alt-u Cytorrak, then lost them permanently.

That's when Colossus got them and Cain became Kuurth. But in January there's going to be a contest of sorts to see who becomes the Juggernaut again.

juggernaut74
I can't wait for that arc to start. I hope Cain gets the powers back and he goes back to normal.

zom1967

I actually have an issue where Glads gets over.But lets face it ,Juggs 9 out of 10 fights!

krisblaze
"That's when he became Thunderbolts Cain. Then Cain lost his powers completely, got a loaner from an alt-u Cytorrak, then lost them permanently."

Thanks, KingD, I missed this one.

KingD19
"That's when he became Thunderbolts Cain. Then Cain lost his powers completely, got a loaner from an alt-u Cytorrak, then lost them permanently."

Thanks, KingD, I missed this one.

It was easy to miss as that happened near the very end of the T-Bolts run, and then after Cain lost his powers and got a teleport from Man Thing and dropped off the face of Marvel Earth. The very next issue they brought out the all red Thunderbolts and Cage's team was just...gone for some reason.

Ptr_Grifin
That's when he became Thunderbolts Cain. Then Cain lost his powers completely, got a loaner from an alt-u Cytorrak, then lost them permanently.

That's when Colossus got them and Cain became Kuurth. But in January there's going to be a contest of sorts to see who becomes the Juggernaut again.

One slight correction: While on the Thunderbolts team, he became Kuurth, then lost most of the power after that event was over. After that, he was brought back in on the Thunderbolts, possibly at his weakest ever, and was given the Juggernaut power from an alternate Cy. After the fight, the alternate reality power up vanished. Last we saw of him, he said he just wanted to run around in a field till the power dried up.

KingD19
There ya go. Something felt off when I was typing it. But it was Midnight and sometimes I get absolutely no sleep for long periods of time.

Can't wait for the "Who is the new Juggernaut" arc though.

Estacado
They need to bring back Cain and make him a total badass his been a chump for like 2 decades now.sad

juggernaut74
How many Juggernauts have there been shown on panel?

KingD19
How many Juggernauts have there been shown on panel?

In 616?

Four different people have had the power in mainstream 616 as far as I know.

Cain Marko

Black Tom Cassidy(when Cain power shared with him)

That little kid who found the gem of Cytorrak and was making constructs and using energy attacks.

And Colossus.

Cain has also been several versions of Juggernaut. Huggernaut, Thunderbolts, 8th Day, Trion. Juggernaut Classic, Modern Juggernaut. You get the idea.

And Colossus could turn into that rage demon thing.

juggernaut74
In 616?

Four different people have had the power in mainstream 616 as far as I know.

Cain Marko

Black Tom Cassidy(when Cain power shared with him)

That little kid who found the gem of Cytorrak and was making constructs and using energy attacks.

And Colossus.

Cain has also been several versions of Juggernaut. Huggernaut, Thunderbolts, 8th Day, Trion. Juggernaut Classic, Modern Juggernaut. You get the idea.

And Colossus could turn into that rage demon thing. I counted 4 also. Would you consider when Juggernaut was on Exalibur he was at his weakest? I'd say Juggernaut never dropped below 85 tons. He was still fighting the likes of a amped Rhino, Sasquatch, Thor, Hyperion.

Ptr_Grifin
-There was also the kid who tortured animals who got the power. That was when Cain and She-Hulk had a fling.
-You have the 2 asian guys who fought Cain for the full power, one when Cain 1st got the power (who he killed) and one who wanted to succeed Cain (who he let live) back in the New Excalibur comic.
-Also, a one panel showing of the 1st Juggernaut who had stone armor, also in New Excalibur.

pain100
This is probably stomp
look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRi7jygVnQ

KingD19
Yeah no. Doesn't work like that in 616 canon.

psycho gundam
Cain Marko Juggernaut hasn't been written well since like the 80's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.