two ROTS Kenobi 's vs. dooku (sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Seems some believe that dooku easily beats kenobi in a pure saber battle (I disagree) so how about two

Marco1907
No.

Dooku never beat RotS Kenobi in sabers anyway.

McP
If TCWS6 Kenobi is about equal to ROTS Kenobi, then Dooku takes even 2 Kenobis. If ROTS Kenobi is clearly above his TCWS6 self, it's hard to tell.

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP
If TCWS6 Kenobi is about equal to ROTS Kenobi, then Dooku takes even 2 Kenobis. If ROTS Kenobi is clearly above his TCWS6 self, it's hard to tell.

Ah I forgot that duel, though Dooku didn't seem to me that he was going to win there imo.

He seems like tired here ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9pI8IkWa3LQ#t=87

McP
Yeah, Dooku was a bit tired, but this duel was pretty intense. And Kenobi was very close to death. Two times in a duel shorter then 2 mins. And was very lucky, like always.

DARTH POWER
^ That fight was at least a draw for Dooku, but if I were to lean towards anybody winning I'd say that was Dooku. In Boxing terminology Dooku was trashing on points. And it did seem clear Kenobi would be the first combatant to drop.

That being said, Kenobi was on the Offense attempting to overpower Dooku with Skywalker, but fights much much better Defensively.

If Kenobi fights Defensively and at his best, then I'd say even 1 Kenobi is pretty close to Dooku. But I'd still give Dooku the winning edge due to his Force Enhanced Kicks.
Whilst if you allow Tk but Equalize Dooku's and Kenobi's TK Power level, then I'd give Dooku the Solid Win since he's Masterful at combining Tk into Saber fights.

Against 2 Kenobi's though both fighting defensively Dooku doesn't really have a chance in Pure Sabers Imho as long as both Kenobis support each other appropriately which might mean a few offensive maneuvers.

McP
Kenobi is unable to deal wth Dooku's superior speed. Dooku is also more skilled and experienced. Their solo duel, wouldn't be close. Kenobi is overrated because of Stover. He has far too much duels, when he struggles against weaker combatants.

Marco1907
Yeah but it is true, Dooku has better chance against Kenobi, than Anakin-Maul or Savage, his style and his power set is very suitable for defeating Kenobi's style.

Dooku basicaly can beat everyone in the order if you don't have offensive massive physical strength.

Trocity
What about Darth Maul vs 2 Kenobi's?

Maul with moderate difficulty, eh Marco?

Marco1907
Originally posted by Trocity
What about Darth Maul vs 2 Kenobi's?

Maul with moderate difficulty, eh Marco?

Stop asking stupid questions.

Kenobi has the best counter style for the likes of Maul, Anakin, Savage etc. Maul can't beat two Kenobi at the same time in pure sabers, loses everytime.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Marco1907
No.

Dooku never beat RotS Kenobi in sabers anyway.

Um yes he did actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvnwLLXHabg#t=73

Marco1907
*sigh

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Marco1907
*sigh

http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2811/36/97/52/smiles/2182237274.gif

My bad, I swear i did not see that part about ROTS Kenobi. sorry embarrasment

|King Joker|
Dooku dies.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Dooku dies.

DARTH POWER
But Dooku can stalemate Kenobi and Skywalker together in Sabers as he proved in S6 despite his supposed Vulnerability to Skywalker.

Therefore Dooku > Maul in Sabers no matter the clash of styles or Vulnerabilities.

Marco1907
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Therefore Dooku > Maul in Sabers no matter the clash of styles or Vulnerabilities.

You can't be %100 sure on this because they are using different styles. I mean if we compare Yoda and Qui-Gon, Dooku and Ventress or Sidious and Maul, yeah Dooku > Ventress = Dooku is better makashi user, Sidious > Maul = Sidious is better juyo/niman user. Yoda > Qui-Gon = Yoda is better ataru user.

It is like Dooku - Obi-Wan comparison, they have different styles that is why they have different advantages and disadvantages.

Emperordmb
Anakin and Obi-wan rather consistently underperform as a team in TCW.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Anakin and Obi-wan rather consistently underperform as a team in TCW.

Agreed, I never like their teamwork tbh not even in RotS, maybe their personal rivalries were a hindrance to their teamwork.

Revanchiste
Zorezu practitioner.. You know that he don't wanna to die or looze but you don'tzee how he can win anyway.

DARTH POWER
No it's because Kenobi is a defensive combatant, so not as effective at aiding Skywalker in overpowering someone. And Skywalker likely keeps a cap on his rage in front of Kenobi.

Still Dooku fending off and basically stalemating TCW S6 Kenobi and Skywalker together in Sabers is seriously impressive stuff.

Lord Stark
Dooku wins, if Anakin could not prevent him from being trashed on Oba Diah, neither could another Kenobi. And once one Kenobi goes down, the other will soon follow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.