Ven Zallow vs. Qui Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

NewGuy01
Zallow, most likely.

Revanchiste
Me too Jenzarai01 iz with hiz friend making a deep analyziz of their zkillz.....

Marco1907
Qui-Gon in a good fight.

Nephthys
Zallow

ILS
I feel Zallow would give a very solid fight, but Jinn is overall the more proven fighter. Although if Zallow had been expounded on more as a fighter I wouldn't find it far-fetched for him to be in Jinn's tier.

@neph, just curious, which source was it that stated the Sith Zallow was blitzing were the best in the empire?

Nephthys
I think it's the Swtor website. Legend knows.

Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5W4GYh6QRE&index=7&list=PLIA1zt8Lh3E2JEOtqP6txQGOA6N3qk19a

appletonia
Originally posted by Nephthys
Zallow

carthage
Jinn with high difficulty.

Maul is more skilled than Deceived Malgus, and seeing as Zallow seldom uses the force Jinn will press him until he gets desperate like he did with Malgus and kill him.

Jinn's stamina might cause some issues, but he should still take a majority

McP
^
+1

|King Joker|
Zallow.

Fated Xtasy
Jinn, a peer to Mace, revered for his physical strength. Perfect Mastery of the force(there's a real quote about this btw) and much more. Jinn takes it with some difficulty.

ILS
When has Jinn ever been irrefutably stated as a peer for Windu? In the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook I found a quote which pretty much contradicts this. The only other quote I know of is when Anoon Bondara was said to be humbled by superior duelists "like Jinn and Windu", but that only tells us Anoon is inferior to them, not that they are comparable.

NewGuy01
That's what he's referring to, yeah.

Revanchiste
I up becauz now the video have been realeazed !!!

Emperordmb
I'm siding Jinn.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5W4GYh6QRE&index=7&list=PLIA1zt8Lh3E2JEOtqP6txQGOA6N3qk19a

One of the best Vs. videos I've ever seen. I honestly don't see how anyone who isn't a complete fanboy/girl could disagree with such a sensible and well-thought outcome.

appletonia
How are versus videos a thing? What the f**k?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by appletonia
How are versus videos a thing? What the f**k?

Because they're awesome! They're really fun to watch and are a great source of inspiration.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Because they're awesome! They're really fun to watch and are a great source of inspiration.

Except for the butchered pronunciation of freaking Juyo and Vaapad.

Joo-Yah, Vay-pad? Seriously? That irks me lol.

That and the occasional cringe worthy verdict.

NewGuy01
They mispronounce a lot of stuff, tbh. Sometimes normal english words.

ILS
According to Jensaarai Ulic Qel-Droma is at a constant disadvantage in combat because the dark side shrapnel he got hit with as a Jedi didn't heal properly. Even after two years of fully embracing the dark side. He is at risk of bleeding in combat and has reduced stamina.

Jensaarai ftw thumb up

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Except for the butchered pronunciation of freaking Juyo and Vaapad.

Joo-Yah, Vay-pad? Seriously? That irks me lol.

Beg your pardon but so what? Nobody's perfect.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
That and the occasional cringe worthy verdict.

Key word being occasional. Besides the verdict doesn't really matter, the analysis of skills, abilities tactics etc. is the best part. It's a great way to get inspiration for fanfics.

Originally posted by ILS
According to Jensaarai Ulic Qel-Droma is at a constant disadvantage in combat because the dark side shrapnel he got hit with as a Jedi didn't heal properly. Even after two years of fully embracing the dark side. He is at risk of bleeding in combat and has reduced stamina.

Which shows how well he does his research. In their final confrontation, Cay even points out that Ulic is bleeding (at the same spot that shrapnel hit him) and he replies, "it is an old wound. A Sith wound."

So yes, he was completely right.

Originally posted by ILS
Jensaarai ftw thumb up

Agreed. He's amazing.

carthage
His issue with shrapnel was never an issue lol, he could've fought Kun for hours in their initial duel, fought a Jedi stripped of the force with it. Jen has no idea what he's talking about.

ILS
I admit I did forget that Ulic bled occasionally but the point remains that it was never an issue in terms of stamina or anything (which is why it was such a forgettable factor), just another small facet of a character that a youtuber chooses to exaggerate beyond all belief. Like carth said, after the injury, Ulic was still capable of fighting Exar Kun evenly for hours. It's obviously not a big deal.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Beg your pardon but so what? Nobody's perfect.

Eh, it's not that it's a big deal, it just bothers me, especially when there's several sources(Audio Novels, Games etc) calling it "Joo-Yo and "Vah-Pad"" not Joo-Yah(where the hell is the "ah" part?) or Vay-Pad

which is why I specified. But then again it all depends on where you rank certain characters etc etc

Yeah, occasionally, but there are some moments where you just cringe when the VS vid makers just says something completely inaccurate. but it comes down to preference

Kosmos Supreme
Ven Zallow is Maul level in my opinion.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme

Don't ya think that's kinda pushing it?...

I mean from his short appearance, Zallow was impressive sure, but in Maul's tier?....I don't see that personally.

carthage
I'd say more along the lines of Luminara/Shaak Ti/Quinlan Vos, personally.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme

Not even close. Malgus by this point is like TPM Maul level, and Malugus dominates Ven.

Trocity
He didn't really dominate Ven but it was a solid win yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.