Meliodas (Nanatsu no Taizai) vs. Soul Eater team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
Meliodas is in his base form and demon mode isn't allowed at all. He does get his broken sword though and speed is equalized for everyone.

Soul Eater team: Asura the Kishin
Lord Death
Franken Stein
Death the Kid with all Sanzu Lines open (ignore the fact that his full 'awakening' kills off his dad for this thread)
Justin Law

How does this fight go?

Esomark
I couldn't get into Soul Eater but I might give it another try. How strong is Soul Eater?

danteiscool
Well, people like Justin and Stein should at least be large building+ in terms of destructive capacity and durability, with matching strength. However, they're not exactly the destructive types of characters and have attacks like utilizing their soul wavelength to deal internal damage to foes by harming their soul directly or enhancing their attacks.

Guys like Lord Death and Asura though are the top tiers of Soul Eater and should be multi-city block busters as they're heads and shoulders above everyone else, with Asura alone being able to take on the main characters at once and still be winning and Lord Death is his equal if not slight superior in power. And Kid with all three Sanzu Lines replaces his dad as shinigami, so...

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by Esomark
I couldn't get into Soul Eater but I might give it another try. How strong is Soul Eater? Originally posted by Esomark
I couldn't get into Soul Eater but I might give it another try. How strong is Soul Eater? i think meliodas will win here

Esomark
narutoisbeast, why do you just double quote and not give any reasons why who you think wins will win? You can try harder than that.

Meliodas can take the physical blows but we don't know how well his soul can stand up to soul/spirit attacks. Is there any way Full Counter can deal with them?

danteiscool
No, it's not necessarily a direct attack (soul wavelength attacks) and as such, his Full Counter won't work against indirect ones. He can still be cut just fine and virtually every member of team Soul Eater have such weapons (in Kid's case, he has guns)

Esomark
It looks like they will give Meliodas trouble if he doesn't get serious but now that I think about it, he could stack all their attack energy to utilize Revenge Counter on them since that technique is separate from Full Counter. He needed to deactivate Full Counter to use it after all.

danteiscool
True, but he also has to willingly tank the attacks and simply be on the 'defensive' for lack of a better word. As all of team SE utilize blades or guns or piercing energy-like attacks, he'd be taking a huge risk to try and pull that off.

Random side note too: just posted a new thread, Esomark, in the main anime/manga section. Check it out so that hopefully others can see it and potentially help expand this vs. forum too...

Esomark
Although he can't activate his demon form in this match, can he still use his black mark? I know it's technically tapping into his demon power but he still has his human reason with it and it's more of a boost in power rather than a full blown transformation.

Saw your thread. I've only played fan made visual novels. Are there any official ones playable in English?

danteiscool
No tapping into his demon power is allowed. So he's gotta stick solely to his base form.

Well, there's the Fate/Stay Night one along with Grisaia no Kajitsu. They do have English patches at any rate. And if you check on a website called the visual novel database (abbreviated as vndb), you can also find a plethora of other VNs that may or may not have English patches available for download.

Esomark
I see. I guess it can go either way if either side doesn't mess around. I can't wait to read the next chapter, by the way. Suzuki is really good at making you want more of his mangas and, even before I became a full fan of his, I felt the same about Kongou Banchou when it was being scanned.

danteiscool
Possibly. If Meliodas can land an attack on them, it's definitely his win since he has the strength advantage, but getting shot or sliced on his part will pretty much be his undoing.

Yeah, definitely. He sure knows how to make good cliffhangers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.