Galen Marek vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
No description available.

ILS
Maul IMO, at least six times out of ten. He takes a very solid win in a dueling scenario, which is what Galen tends to start with.

NewGuy01
I don't see why. When he and Vader fought they were fairly evenly matched, though admittedly Maul had the advantage. In any case, I see no reason Marek would do any worse; on the contrary, really, considering how he is faster.

And he's definitely more powerful than Maul is. I think this should be a fairly even fight, really.

DarthAnt66
Very close either way.

|King Joker|
Galen in a good fight.

Revanchiste
Maul get clozer, and then reap ztarkiller azz by over powering him...

I baze myzelf on marek VK.Z proxy..... If it waz really maul... Marek wouldn't be able to puzh maul away due to the intenzity of the combo and then overporing him from diztance...

Marco1907
I am sure Sam Witwer would choose Darth Maul.

NewGuy01
Hm.

ILS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I don't see why. When he and Vader fought they were fairly evenly matched, though admittedly Maul had the advantage. In any case, I see no reason Marek would do any worse; on the contrary, really, considering how he is faster.

And he's definitely more powerful than Maul is. I think this should be a fairly even fight, really. I wouldn't call them even. Vader contended with Maul at that time but Maul wasn't trying as hard as he could have been, evidenced by him never pushing an advantage when he had it several times. As soon as he appeared to be taking the fight seriously for the first time he floored Vader in a page, and even before then he had opened up what would have been Vader's stomach with a lightsaber slash. Marek's dueling success against Vader is circumstantial, and nowhere near a product of his own skill alone.

I don't see how Marek is faster. They're both faster than Vader at this point in time, and both have landed shots on his armor because of it. Difference is Maul didn't need to know every facet of Vader's fighting style to do it.

Obviously he's more powerful, that's not the point. Galen likes to start off dueling and IMO Maul would end him quickly without any PIS or CIS getting in the way. Just my view, if you think Galen would just wreck Maul with his Force powers off the bat you're free to believe so.

NewGuy01
I don't think that's solid reasoning. There's no real evidence pointing towards Maul not trying as hard as Vader was.

In terms of skill, they were fairly evenly matched. Though Galen only managed to actually win the duel via dun moch, yes.

If you're referring to his familiarity with Vader's style, that's fallacious reasoning. Vader withheld a lot from Galen, and conversely up there was nothing about Galen's technique that Vader didn't know.

I meant faster than Vader. In the end, a major inhibitor for Vader was that he wasn't able to keep up with Maul once he busted out Jar'Kai; I don't believe Galen will have this problem.

You're the only one suggesting this broski.

Nephthys
Question: Does anyone who take's Marek's feats at face value not think he'd stomp here? Because even in the first book he created a hurricane that stretched over the horizon out of hundreds, possibly thousands, of droids, destroyed a Skyhook with the Force and took out an AT-AT with lightning.

Surely anyone who thought those were accurate representations of Marek's power would think he'd whoop Maul.

NewGuy01
That first feat is news to me. Quote?

ILS
Of course there is. Whenever he had Vader in a bad position, after landing a martial strike or cutting his armor, he just backed away and taunted Vader. He did this for over a dozen pages, it's easy to see who was in control In contrast, when Vader found his first piece of real success in cutting Maul's saberstaff, Maul's facial expression became far less calm, more like he was now taking the fight seriously, and then the fight ended in a page.
Not really. Galen had two factors aiding him in his duel against Vader which he won't have against Maul - superior speed, and intrinsic knowledge of his personal fighting style. Both of which served to prolong his fight with Vader. Galen has no other feats outside of his circumstantial bout with Vader to suggest he can really contend with Maul. Maul was eclipsing the collective skill of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan at the same time and was comfortable in doing so - he would have a field day with Marek.

Nephthys
That first feat is news to me. Quote?

"Soon the foyer was full of the twitching, smoking bodies of the temple's hapless guardians. He began to tire, not from exertion but from the tedium of knocking down droid after droid, to no apparent end. There might have been thousands of them.

Deactivating his lightsaber, he took a deep breath. With one mighty exhalation of power, he blasted all of them-those in pieces and those approaching with needle-tipped fingers and vibrosaws upraised-out of the foyer doors. Then he blasted the rubbish piles after them. He kept pushing until a dark cloud toured out over Raxus Prime's hideous landscape-an artificial hurricane full of droid golems."

NewGuy01
Sorry ILS, I edited my post before you responded, and said edits basically act as a response to your last post.

ILS
I'll get a reply up soon.

Marco1907
TFU = Overrates everyone's force powers. Even a stupid character like Rahm Kota was flying on air with the force which is stupid. Some would say Rahm Kota is even stronger in the force than Obi-Wan Kenobi, which is even more stupid. I am ignoring the force feats from TFU. Actually everyone should, nice to see TFU is completely non-canon.

McP
^
Smth like that. Maul has a nice guard in the Force, and Marek is at least one league below Sidious - the fact, that was clear in TFU DS ending.
IN LS ending Starkiller gave about 150 of himself against Sidious - just like Kenobi gave more then 100% of himself against brothers on Florrum.
In a normal circumstances they probably woudln't be able to repeat their performances.

Revanchiste
TFU iz canon on iz own way.... Difficult to zay.... But you can keep the ztory while nerf the character juzt a bit...

In the old republic Revan iz quazi an otehr ztarkiller but, it'z ledgit.

Yhea and 150 ztarkiller were'nt enough to hold palpa XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDX
DXDXDXD.
When palpa realize than he couldn't convert him az hiz perzonal apprentice... He juzt O.Z him !!

Revan waz alzo at 300% of himzelf when he fought vitiate but there iz an explanation...

To me Revan V.Z ztarkiller... Revan win becauze he ztill the ztronger between them and the finezt one.ANd hiz power are actually explained...
And there iz a verzion of him wich iz not omnipotent....

carthage
XD

Trocity
Originally posted by Revanchiste
TFU iz canon on iz own way.... Difficult to zay.... But you can keep the ztory while nerf the character juzt a bit...

In the old republic Revan iz quazi an otehr ztarkiller but, it'z ledgit.

Yhea and 150 ztarkiller were'nt enough to hold palpa XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDX
DXDXDXD.
When palpa realize than he couldn't convert him az hiz perzonal apprentice... He juzt O.Z him !!

Revan waz alzo at 300% of himzelf when he fought vitiate but there iz an explanation...

To me Revan V.Z ztarkiller... Revan win becauze he ztill the ztronger between them and the finezt one.ANd hiz power are actually explained...
And there iz a verzion of him wich iz not omnipotent....

This is Galen Marek vs Darth Maul

Lord Stark
To hell with the rest of his feats, he was able to successfully Tutaminis TFU Sidious' lightning. He trashes Maul.

NewGuy01
thumb up An extremely impressive feat, though it can't exactly be called successful considering it ended up killing him.

ILS
Just a heads up NewGuy, I can't get on this Maul/Galen/Vader debate, at least not for a while. I've spread myself way too thin between debates on here and CV so I'm putting some stuff on the shelf for now.

DARTH POWER
thumb up An extremely impressive feat, though it can't exactly be called successful considering it ended up killing him.

It did but, according to the novel at least, Starkiller put his defenses down to save the Rebels.

Lord Lucien
How is this a match? Marek wins. Alot.

Revanchiste
Yheayhea try to beat "maulproxy" without force power at the begining and when you are in crap try to use them ---> You can't you are overpowered by the combo, when when you are put on the floor and try to use some fram of invulnerability, you can speel cast.... Imagien against the true mall without the game mechanic XDXDXDXD. With his enourmous vital energy and his tuta... He resist it just retard teh defeat...

He use tutaminis in force furry, or when he is at 200% of himself.... And he don't hold him very long.....

Lord Lucien
Can't tell if French or broken.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
How is this a match? Marek wins. Alot.

thumb up

AncientPower
Marek 9/10.

Revanchiste

The Merchant
Marek wins almost all the fights. In pure dueling I'd give it to Maul tho.

Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8tiU4sfjio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.