Dying Light

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_Light

Looks pretty cool!

Release date 2015 january 27

eLIOoIrUqe0

l1YSxalaoSU

CKDRnwj7sBY

Smasandian
It looks cool. I'm hoping it doesn't take it's gameplay elements from Dead Island.

I enjoyed Dead Island but there was few things that ruined the experience for me.

Estacado
Havent played DI.
I really dig the parkour stuff.
In this game the zombies transform at night and become more deadlier.

"When the sun goes down in Dying Light, the infected transform into something much more dangerous. Without daylight, the senses of the infected become more acute and accurate. They gain the ability to sprint after the player and have increased damage, as well as the ability to jump and climb buildings like the player. In order for the player to avoid contact, they need to use their Night Sense to locate zombies in the dark to stay out of their way. If spotted and trying to escape their pursuers, the player can use distractions and traps to lower their numbers. Players can use sound to lure the zombies"

Sounds fun.

Estacado
Skill tree:
jRtIK2FtftE

Estacado
Parkour looks awesome!
wzlID45Vrgo

Smasandian
Kind of reminds me of a FPS Sunset Overdrive.....for some reason.

Looks good!

Estacado
Some guns gameplay.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=506769882799396&set=vb.229155970560790&type=2&theater

Night and Day gameplay.
Looks like at night things are gonna get really rough..

B-wLxe1piJI

Estacado
Interactive video where you get 2 choices like every minute...see how long you can survive....25 minutes long looks fun gonna try it...smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb5AkhG_JG8&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Drb5AkhG_JG8&has_verified=1

Estacado
6PDZjsfH6gg

Estacado
Maxed out gameplay...looks so much fun...really diggin the grappling hook...
1GtcMGZJhes

Be the zombie.
Looks awesome!!!
lApPjOao_8c

BloodRain
It seems like there are very limited ways to deal with zombs.

Standard strike, one heavy weapon circle spin, drop kick, land on, stealth neck snap and planting explosives.

Hoping there are more methods and items that were left out of this video.

Estacado
Fire traps ,electric traps,grabbing and tossing,using molotovs,guns,fire and electrity enhanced meele weapons,ramming attack ,knee to da face...

M8CHIsPfL5I

BloodRain
Challenged and defended, well played.

Kazenji
Reminds me of their other game Dead Island but with alot more improvements.

Estacado
Playing as the Zombie details...cant wait!
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/12/26/dying-light-playing-as-the-zombie-ign-first?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Estacado
Night gameplay!
Looks scary!

3XaPbr4Ou_0

One_Angry_Scot
Been waiting ages for this, I was happy when they said it was out in 2014. Then ir changed, can't wait.

Smasandian
It does look very promising. I'm hoping there are memorable sections of gameplay instead of what we got with Dead Island.

I need something more than just running around picking up shit.....

Estacado
Looks so damn sweet!
2BvF4TrAveM

Estacado
Cool trailer!
9IM3YE0BZuo

Estacado
Pre order your copy and get a free weapon docket each remaining week(5 weeks left till release=5 dockets)
Too bad I cant get it since I already pre order at a hungarian store.sad
17bUvCjPbsc

Tunnel gameplay with guns....(we have a pistol,a double barrel and an assault rifle..hope to see a few more guns.smile)
Wo5WoMJzG6U

Estacado
More gameplay...
psP9YLtH69E

Estacado
Achievements.
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/dying-light-xbox-one/achievements/

Estacado
"Preview"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evQgMVdHpAU&list=PLWIol4T7LuSgx0sT7tkbfp-dvzsCicIWV&index=1

One_Angry_Scot
I'm getting desperate now. Was happy when they said it would be out 2014.

Can't wait until 30th Jan.

Estacado
Same here.Day 1 purchase for me.
Im getting really pumped too bad I only have 1 ps4 friend would really like to check on 4p coop.

Estacado
The city of haraan.
http://www.harran-city.com/

Smasandian
I watched a 90 minute game play stream and while it does look nice (the city, graphics and etc.) I was giving flashbacks of Dead Island.

I know there will be similarities but I hope not too much. I hope this game breaks off from that mold and does something new.

Estacado
Originally posted by Smasandian
I watched a 90 minute game play stream and while it does look nice (the city, graphics and etc.) I was giving flashbacks of Dead Island.

I know there will be similarities but I hope not too much. I hope this game breaks off from that mold and does something new.
srug
Im still pumped.
Havent played DI though.

We shall see how the reviews turn out.....mmm

Estacado
RL trailer.
Damn the dude in this video is good!
4NUOjzbFj1g

Estacado
Less then 2 weeks!
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=522024361273948&set=vb.229155970560790&type=2&theater

Estacado
So it takes roughly 7-8 minutes to get across the map...that's pretty good.
Remember that not the whole thing just width off the city..
HZW1pZgzlYs

Estacado
Co-op gameplay.
v0Cvl5pKLVk

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Estacado
So it takes roughly 7-8 minutes to get across the map...that's pretty good.
Remember that not the whole thing just width off the city..
HZW1pZgzlYs 8 minutes on foot? Seems kind of... small.

They cant really pack that much variety into such a small map, That means its probably around a mile and a half long from end to end. Just cause 2 was 8 minutes to get across map in a jet, and was over 25 miles from end to end.

Estacado
srug
Shadow Of Mordor map could be crossed in less then 5 minutes.
Yet no one complained about the map size.

Dont forget that every building can be climbed there are sewer and tunnel areas as well.
Lot of buildings can be entered .

Smasandian
Yep. Sometimes size in maps don't mean shit if they don't utilize it.

Mordor areas were very distinct so I started to know how to navigate it. It was kind of cool. A game like Just Cause 2 is so big, any sort of memorable areas are lost.

One of my favourite things about the older GTA games is that I started remember different routes to places so I didn't need to rely on a mini-map. For me, it brings a sense of belonging to the world and character to the city/area you are inhabiting.

Estacado
^
Yup.
Havent played just cause in long time but in GTA 70-80% of the buildings were there for fancines.

In Dying Light you can use all these for climbing/escaping/entering/searching for loot traps are set through out all the world which can be used while in GTA you cant really interract with them.

What I mean is its better to have a smaller are that is more detailed then a big one which is only useful for visuals.

Imo city in this game is great. The areas varry and its simply good to look at.

Estacado
Be the zombie gameplay..
XMuYHdpPh8M

Nemesis X
Be the zombie gameplay..
XMuYHdpPh8M

As if playable fighters getting ripped from Mortal Kombat X wasn't enough, now Warner Bros. Interactive is ripping modes out to make us buy their games early. I hate publishers. Most of them today do nothing but punish anyone who want to get something later. What if I can't get Dying Light on Day 1? Now it's a crime? Bullshit.

Estacado
5 days left...phisical copies of the game are delayed almost everywhere except USA...phuck it Im goin digital.biscuits

If anyone wants to play co-op on ps4

Estacado1987

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=525068864302831&set=vb.229155970560790&type=2&theater

Estacado
Co-op fun.
The whole elemental thing reminds me of Bioshock fire boosted throwing stars set flamable stuff like petrol on fire ,when its raining the electric weapon attacks are conducted by water.

SzZTUOb93TM

Quincy
That looks pretty fun

Estacado
Yup.
Pre-order my digital copy on PSN.
I got 6 dockets of weapons after registering my pre-order code a free skin and play as the Zombie mode.

There is also a pretty cool phone game that lets you gather supplies(weapons,med kits etc)
Which you can send to your in game character in a form a drop boxes each can contain 20 items.
Havent played it too much but already got like 15 medkits.
Unlocks also have rifles,guns,molotovs,special meele weapons so it seems like a really useful little add on.

happy

Estacado
This phone app is pretty sweet.
You have scouts that you send on time based missions some of them are pretty long like 8 hours.

For each mission you get money ,loot ,agility or power xp.
Money is required for healing them.
Each mission requires an amount of "power" which is based on how lvld up your characters are you can send 3 scouts on each mission they lose health on each mission.

You can speed up time on missions but money is needed for it.

Its pretty simple but fun to play.

Under 2 days I got the following stuff.

4 pistol rounds,63 alcohol,1 chemical,2 batteries,3 aerosol,13 metal parts,19 duct tape,14 plastic,18 nails,5 strings,11 household supplies,4 herb,11 underwater algae,some weapon modifiers(2 assassin,1 enforcer,1 juggernaut)28 medkits,3 cigarettes.

All these can be send to my in game character in a form of drop box.
Which could be pretty useful Imo.

One_Angry_Scot
1 day left. Can't wait.

Estacado
Yup.
Im super pumped.
Trying to loot as much as I can in the phone app the last 5 mission have been ass.
Only useful stuff I got is 1 meele weapon,1 molotov and 2 fire crackers.

One_Angry_Scot
This must be a good game. Estacado has been gone for a while now.

Estacado
Played it for 8 hours its a really fun game.

Parkour is done well and if you get the hang of it its really fluid.
The weapons feel like they have force behind them unlike in Skyrim.
If you do a power attack limbs will get torn off skulls get cracked and heads fly off
doesnt metter if its zombie or human it gets demolished.

Looting is easy and fun tons of stuff to loot shelves ,cashier,vans ,medic vans usually have 1-2 medkits ,police vans have weapons.The following 2 have to be locked picked but even the very hard ones can be done failrly easily.

There are 3 types of xp agility you get that for parkour,climbing ,power for fighting and survivor for doing side missions ,automatic events and missions collecting air drops.

Agility skills help you climb faster ,run for time,get some extra moves like slide drop kick and ram.

Power skills help you use your weapons more effectively ,give you more stamina you can acquire power moves ,finishing moves,weapons become more durable.

Survivor skills allow you to craft things granades(elemental and normal),bombs(elemental and nromal),booster(like in far cry 3,4),barter skills,grappling hook,use different kind of traps,use camoflauge(like in Walking dead),create shields,repair more times.

Didnt play much of the story took my time boosting my character.
Getting air drops are auto events as well if you get to it first you get to collect 2 boxes but that has to be done fast cause raiders always hunt these.
You can kill them fairly easily but you'll lose a box.

Only con so far is that weapons broke pretty easily and each has a repair limit there for its not really worth it to buy the expensive ones.
They are limited for 3-4-5 repairs and break after about 10-15 kills.

The repair skills might change that cause it says that often it wont take a repair
slot but for now I dont know by how much.

Estacado
The skills are extremly useful in this game there some reduce fall damage by doing a forward roll allowing you to jump from 8-10 m heights without losing health another one adds a bit of wall surface running meaning you can go up on surfaces which dont have grappling points this way you can easily climb any surface under really short time.Ramming allows you to run through crowds of zombies knocking them away.Stompig allows you to one shot zombies/humans on ground.

Boosting my stats up to lvl 13 on each tree for 3rd tier abilities like stealth finisher which allow you to finish night hunters ,grappling hook and finishing moves.

Guns can be found in police vans or later on can be bought from merchants for around 10000+ dollars.

Night gameplay:
This time xp is doubled ,flares can be used to drive away zombies ,uv lights can be used to weaken night hunters.
The later are going out in huge numbers but they are easy to avoid just use the minimap to check on their area of sight,hold x to use survivor sense which allows you to locate them when they are near.When they get close just switch off flash light and try to stay out of their sight.
Dont try to take on them even if you succeed to kill one the sounds ttarcts the nearby ones and they gang up on you.Unless you stealth kill them.

Night time airdops give you double survivor xp since raiders wont come for them because they are afraid going out.
Surving outside gives you load of survivor xp as well.

Still havent progressed in the story just taking my time with the game.

There are possibly 2 maps.

Estacado
Its getting mixed reviews here are some better ones.

Ign.8,5
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/01/27/dying-light-review

Gameinformer 8,5

Cheatcode central 9,4
http://www.cheatcc.com/ps4/rev/dyinglightreview.html

Xboxachievments 8,5
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/dying-light-xbox-one/review/

Estacado
I played 30 hours with it.
Been playing co op ,lvling up Im near maxed out by now.
Only at 10% in story and havent reached the 2nd map yet.

As you progress in the story you encounter tougher zombies and even normal zombies become more aggresive.
At the start they are pretty slow by now they come at you pretty fast in 10+ groups.
It's pretty hard to take on them without getting injured.

TheHulk
Playing this game...it reminds me of FC4 for some reason.

Nemesis X
hUnb8VQYtWI

Estacado
I agree with him.
Story is meh but gameplay is just too damn fun for me.
Put 50 hours into it story is at 38% now.

8.5/10

Also dlc is coming this week new areas ,missions and many more.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Nemesis X
hUnb8VQYtWI My man AJ!!!

One_Angry_Scot
Just got the game, will be giving a review on it within a few hours.

Estacado
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Just got the game, will be giving a review on it within a few hours.
Have fun!

One_Angry_Scot
So far it's been brilliant. Only got so far as to doing the mission for Gazi and I just done that. The parkour is really something else. I never expected it to be as fun as it is. I'm also loving the slow motion you get when you cave a zombie's head in. Graphics are good as well (not that that is a big thing that wins me over). It's nice to see detail on faces and to see the clear mouldy teeth of a zombie while he is trying to get at you.

So far I have only been troubled by these virals that can do decent climbing. I shat myself when I was climbing up a ladder and one of them just jumped at me. I jumped backwards and nearly killed myself. I then had to make a getaway and nearly died in the process. So all in all I am really enjoying it.

Right now I am doing a mission where I have to find a pistol for someone called Dawud because apparently he's gonna give me access to a strash but I can't seem to find a pistol anywhere as of now.

Smasandian
After reading reviews and watching Angry Joe, I don't know if I will play this game until a few years from now when it's super cheap on Steam. Some of the annoyances people have with the game would drive me crazy.

Estacado
So far it's been brilliant. Only got so far as to doing the mission for Gazi and I just done that. The parkour is really something else. I never expected it to be as fun as it is. I'm also loving the slow motion you get when you cave a zombie's head in. Graphics are good as well (not that that is a big thing that wins me over). It's nice to see detail on faces and to see the clear mouldy teeth of a zombie while he is trying to get at you.

So far I have only been troubled by these virals that can do decent climbing. I shat myself when I was climbing up a ladder and one of them just jumped at me. I jumped backwards and nearly killed myself. I then had to make a getaway and nearly died in the process. So all in all I am really enjoying it.

Right now I am doing a mission where I have to find a pistol for someone called Dawud because apparently he's gonna give me access to a strash but I can't seem to find a pistol anywhere as of now.
Try lockpicking police vans.Those have all the good stuff.

One_Angry_Scot
After reading reviews and watching Angry Joe, I don't know if I will play this game until a few years from now when it's super cheap on Steam. Some of the annoyances people have with the game would drive me crazy.

What sort of annoyances?

Estacado
Game is underrated as hell.

@Scot
Try lockpicking police vans.Those have all the good stuff.

One_Angry_Scot
Game is underrated as hell.

@Scot

Yeah tried one and got a crafting part. Will try more. I'm about get a baseball bat so I can get through troublesome situations a bit better.

Estacado
Yeah tried one and got a crafting part. Will try more. I'm about get a baseball bat so I can get through troublesome situations a bit better.
haermm
You'll find guns in police vans sooner or later.
Meele weapon damage depends on how lvld up your survivor skills are the higher you are the more powerful weapons you can buy or find.At damage 200 you'll one shot normal zombies.

Kill rais's men they carry some good weapons.

Smasandian
What sort of annoyances?

Umm, well, just things like breakable weapons, missions kind of suck, dying from falling, the last mission being bullshit and probably other stuff.

This is just what I heard/read and this doesn't reflect on the game, just things that bother me in all games.

One_Angry_Scot
Umm, well, just things like breakable weapons, missions kind of suck, dying from falling, the last mission being bullshit and probably other stuff.

This is just what I heard/read and this doesn't reflect on the game, just things that bother me in all games.

Repairing weapons has been very easy. Just finding pieces of metal and that's done. And really it isn't a zombie game in which you smash up every single one you find. I haven't noticed anything troublesome there. And them breaking happens but it isn't a problem, as like I mentioned. It's a zombie survival in that sense, it isn't Left 4 Dead 1 or 2 where you can smack a Tank on the head forever with a frying pan and it wont break. You have to conserve each hit you do and decided whether it's better to vault over the zombie or not.

Dying from falling again I haven't experienced unless I jumped from a stupid height. And if you time it right you can jump from quite high areas. But again this hasn't bothered me. I haven't died once in 8 hours or so of gameplay. So they're either being silly and jumping from heights where they will die then start complaining about it.

Still got no clue about the last mission but so far I have just been exploring Harran, Story has been fine for the 2% I have done of it. The world is really fun to explore.

None of it is as bad as you'd think. Or be lead to think.

One_Angry_Scot
Also apologies if my last reply seemed rude.

One_Angry_Scot
These zombies are always grinning at me.

http://i.imgur.com/3oHehKyl.jpg

Estacado

That's bullshit you only die if you jump from 20m+ height which seems pretty real.
Later on you unlock a skill which allows you to reduce falling damage after that you can unlock a forward roll with it you can fall from 10-12 m height without taking damge.

Weapon breaks can be decreased by getting certain skill which allows you to fix a weapon more times.
170-180 damage weapons 1 shot zombies you can easily kill 50-60 without breaking a weapons.Im at the point where basic weapons do 800-1000 damage upgraded ones do 2200-2500

Its only annoying in the begining.

Once you upgrade to max you are pretty OP you can still be killed quite easily but you can handle the toughest zombies with 2-3 hits.

Hard mode coming soon.

One_Angry_Scot
That's bullshit you only die if you jump from 20m+ height which seems pretty real.
Later on you unlock a skill which allows you to reduce falling damage after that you can unlock a forward roll with it you can fall from 10-12 m height without taking damge.

Weapon breaks can be decreased by getting certain skill which allows you to fix a weapon more times.
170-180 damage weapons 1 shot zombies you can easily kill 50-60 without breaking a weapons.Im at the point where basic weapons do 800-1000 damage upgraded ones do 2200-2500

Its only annoying in the beggining.

Once you upgrade to max you are pretty OP you can still be killed quite easily but you can handle the toughest zombies with 2-3 hits.

Hard mode coming soon.

Just as I type this I am on the part where you pick up the 2nd airdrop in the night time.

Here comes the super zombies.

Estacado
Just as I type this I am on the part where you pick up the 2nd airdrop in the night time.

Here comes the super zombies.
Easiest mode to avoid them is switch of the flash light when they are around.
Sound doesnt bother them light does.
Also use survivor sense to locate them through walls.

After getting 500+ damge weapons you can easily kill them.

Youtube korek machete blueprint.
It does 500+ damage best early game weapon you can unlock.

One_Angry_Scot
Easiest mode to avoid them is switch of the flash light when they are around.
Sound doesnt bother them light does.
Also use survivor sense to locate them through walls.

After getting 500+ damge weapons you can easily kill them.

Youtube korek machete blueprint.
It does 500+ damage best early game weapon you can unlock.

Also just to ask is there a a tab or something that gives you information on the zombies? Similar to a wiki or something like that.

Estacado
Also just to ask is there a a tab or something that gives you information on the zombies? Similar to a wiki or something like that.
Ingame unfortunetly nope.

http://dyinglight.wikia.com/wiki/Infected

Zombies:spoilers ahead!

Normal ones (as you progress they move a bit faster)
virals (runing ones can climb)
toads(they spit toxin)
bombers(they explode on touch can instantly kill you)
goons(big guys with rebars)
volatile(the ones that come out night)
screamer (babies the make super loud noise attracting other zombies)
bolters(they are like zombie runner they mean you no harm but carry bolter tissue which is the best toxical crafting item location will bea available on map after reaching certain part of story only come out at night)
demolisher(big tank dude that throws arounds cars or concrete chunk)
gas tank(hit the gas tank on his back and watch it explode)

Estacado
Try be the zombie that sh1t is super fun!

Estacado
Been playing be the Zombie it's awesome!
Its nice that the night hunter also has skills to unlock!

Hunting players is really fun unless they resort to that cheap ass flare trick...

One_Angry_Scot
So I finished the game (my Uncle was round and I pretty much blitzed through it as I was talking to him).

So I have to say I actually enjoyed it. It was quite short but it packed a punch. It ended pretty much like Shadow of Mordor. With Crane telling the GRE he'll give them the Zere's when he wants. And near the end Camden says that a cure could be available if you bring back said data.

I liked the end fight with Rais (Suleiman). Pretty funny that he owned me a few times with 1 arm. I felt bad about Rahim and Jade. I wanted them both to survive bit they have to go for the story. Which reminds me of the trippy experience you have near the end of the game. Made me jump when Jade suddenly charged at me. I also think Rais was done really well. He's definitely built up over the story as always being one step ahead of you. He reminds ds me a lot of Heath Ledgers Joker. He was very clever.

I wished we could have seen more of Brecken. Being British myself it's cool to see a Brit in a game.

So yeah overall I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't have finished the game of my Uncle haent been here but I can happily say I enjoyed doing it. Here's hoping we get some DLC to expand on the end of the game.

Estacado
Game sold 500 000 copies in 4 days in the US.
I bet those are only the phisical copies.

Its gonna get released in EU as well.

With the digital sales I bet its easily over 1 million now.

Estacado
Free dlc next week.
New skins
New weapons
Hard mode

I still need all collectibles and have to redo the sidemissions for platinum...mmm

AmXtZ8Q1mnE

One_Angry_Scot
Free dlc next week.
New skins
New weapons
Hard mode

I still need all collectibles and have to redo the sidemissions for platinum...mmm

AmXtZ8Q1mnE

Instantly going for the ninja costume.

Estacado
Instantly going for the ninja costume.
Same here.
All look badass though.

I might be wrong though they announced the pack in the video for 5 dollars but there is also a free pack on the same day.

Free one has
+HARD MODE
+NEW SKINS
+NEW WEAPONS
+NEW WEAPON RARITY LEVEL

https://www.facebook.com/DyingLightGame/photos/a.257413201068400.1073741830.229155970560790/544670949009289/?type=1&theater

Estacado
Free DLC....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=548292658647118&set=vb.229155970560790&type=2&theater

One_Angry_Scot
Free DLC....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=548292658647118&set=vb.229155970560790&type=2&theater

Looks good. Gold weapons will be fun to hunt for. Just need to get my Ninja costume first.

Estacado
Ultimate Survivor pack is ass....haermm
The costumes are cool but the new weapons do like 80-100 damage.....ermm
My worst weapon does 1400...

Estacado
Bow and racing cars?
Yes please...
-JlPiFq3Hvo

Estacado
Nice!
1aGaF5GcyhU

Darkstorm Zero
I must admit it, I am enjoying this game immensely. Next pay, I will be getting Bozak Horde. In the meantime, I am doing a New Game + on Hard Mode.

Estacado
Yup!
Great game!
Its really under rated IMO.

One_Angry_Scot
Yup!
Great game!
Its really under rated IMO.

Have you played Bozak Horde yet mate? If so it it good?

Estacado
Nope not yet.
From the looks of it its a bunch of time based challenges.
Completing them rewards you with the Bozak Bow and different arrow types.

Estacado
wrong thread....haermm

Estacado
New dlc with vehicles a map bigger then the other 2 combined and "much more"...posted on fb site cant post link on phone atm.

Sounds promising though.

Smasandian
I didn't know Dying Light needed a bigger map. I liked the size but I guess because of vehicles then they would have tooo....

But I don't know. The most amount of enjoyment was from the free running aspect of the game. Hell, they made it the main focus of it. I wonder if vehicles will turn this game into a Dead Island ish type of game.....

I played about 20 hours of the game and I enjoyed how I started to remember sections of the map to a point where I didn't need the compass. It started to make the area you explore memorable. Increasing the size and adding vehicles will remove that part of it and I don't think the benefits will be there.

Estacado
Yeah the whole free running was insanely fun that's why DL is one of my fave games.
Played 93 hours in story and about 6 in be the zombie.

Btw how did you like the game?

Smasandian
I enjoyed it. I never got to finish it but I will probably pick it up on sale or something.

The free running is the star of the show. Weapon combat was OK. I liked how the night brought a different aspect to it and made it worthwhile to venture out because of the added boost in XP.

Overall, it's a solid game. Not the best but not bad either.

But the more I think about it the more I don't agree on the size of the map and vehicles for the exp pack. The best parts of Dying Light was free running areas and learning all the little tricks to get you around faster. Especially helpful during the night.

I rather have a memorable map instead of a generic huge map. Shadows of Mordor was perfect in that way. I could never get into Just Cause 2 because of that reason as well.

Estacado
Damn these parkour fever challenges are pain in the ass...

Estacado
I enjoyed it. I never got to finish it but I will probably pick it up on sale or something.

The free running is the star of the show. Weapon combat was OK. I liked how the night brought a different aspect to it and made it worthwhile to venture out because of the added boost in XP.

Overall, it's a solid game. Not the best but not bad either.

But the more I think about it the more I don't agree on the size of the map and vehicles for the exp pack. The best parts of Dying Light was free running areas and learning all the little tricks to get you around faster. Especially helpful during the night.

I rather have a memorable map instead of a generic huge map. Shadows of Mordor was perfect in that way. I could never get into Just Cause 2 because of that reason as well.
No worries man...
This looks phuckin intense!!!!

UvOghAAZrKc
0VRrtpKISIY

Arachnid1
Jesus this game is fun. Nowhere near as mediocre as I thought it would be. I started it a few days ago and am about to leave the first area after the pit. I cant believe it took me this long to get into this.

I started my first run on hard mode. It's been hard, but rewarding. I like the fact that I actually fear the night time and cant easily destroy a horde of zombies. Other survivors especially are pretty difficult to kill. When I do get kills, it's because I worked my ass off for it. I do feel the game getting easier as I progress and get new moves though. The feeling of progression is phenomenal, and now after spending the entire game with shitty iron pipes and hammers, I've finally got a pistol, two types of assault rifles, and a bow. I feel like a badass.

Also, it's a plus that the main character is voiced by the guy who voiced Chris Redfield. I feel like I'm running through this zombie infested playground as Chris. My only complaint is the lack of interesting characters. They could have done better there.

Kazenji
I also got the game recently too, Just started doing jobs for Rais

took me a while to get use to the weapons how you can only repair them so many times, So used to Techland's previous game Dead Island where you can repair them as many times you like.

Smasandian
It's annoying at the start but you don't run into that issue later on.

You start modding weapons and upgrading them it will make your entire inventory obsolete. I don't think there was one time where I didn't have a kick ass weapon with multiple repairs on it. By the time it's damaged completely, you would of came across another orange weapon that can be modded and make the weapons you have crap.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Jesus this game is fun. Nowhere near as mediocre as I thought it would be. I started it a few days ago and am about to leave the first area after the pit. I cant believe it took me this long to get into this.

I started my first run on hard mode. It's been hard, but rewarding. I like the fact that I actually fear the night time and cant easily destroy a horde of zombies. Other survivors especially are pretty difficult to kill. When I do get kills, it's because I worked my ass off for it. I do feel the game getting easier as I progress and get new moves though. The feeling of progression is phenomenal, and now after spending the entire game with shitty iron pipes and hammers, I've finally got a pistol, two types of assault rifles, and a bow. I feel like a badass.

Also, it's a plus that the main character is voiced by the guy who voiced Chris Redfield. I feel like I'm running through this zombie infested playground as Chris. My only complaint is the lack of interesting characters. They could have done better there.

Yeah, the night makes this game. The smart design decision is that night time doubles XP but doesn't kill your XP gain if you die. you get a point where you can actually kill the volitiles.

And if you play the Following, there a side activity that makes you go into the volitiles nest to extinguish it. But you only got 10 minutes to do so and the caves are designed to be utterly confusing. It's pretty hectic because it's impossible to get out if they come back.

Kazenji
Some of that free DLC

pCh40Evp_og

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Kazenji
Some of that free DLC

pCh40Evp_og

Just what we need; more asshats with guns.

Smasandian
Hahaha...yeah....those NPC's are not nearly as fun as the zombies.

Kazenji
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/16/dying-light-free-dlc/

Stealth Moose
^ Now that is good news.

Kazenji
fBMvdx3ws_4

also shows a new zombie mutation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.