How come no one cares about Final Fantasy 1?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
It's my favorite game in the series, but its never on the best-of list.

I think the Warrior of Light may be one of the most bad-ass characters in the series, seeing as how he took on Bahamut by himself in the FF1 intro.

Jmanghan
Cloue took a version of Bahamut on too. But those two are the only ones to defeat Bahamut single-handedly. Also, the Warrior of Light is definitely the main character of Dissidia, as Chaos is fought in FF1 as the final boss.

Stoic
I liked FF4 more tbh. Those Atma weapons, and the Sasquatch with the rage ring, and all of those relics pulled me in. I've always loved the musical score in the older FF series, which was another reason why I could spend untold hours playing them.

Bentley
I like Final Fantasy I, it's actually one of my favorites just after VI and V. If anything, it gets a lot more praise than II or III that are just forgotten.

Also if you haven't played Dragon Quest III, you should try it, it pretty much sh_ts on FFI and their release was not so far appart.

Lek Kuen
People like FF1, like Bentley said it's 2 and 3 that no one cares about.

It's just most people really got attached to the brand with later games so those are their favorites.

Kazenji
I've always like the 6th one the most for the older ones.

Bentley
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
People like FF1, like Bentley said it's 2 and 3 that no one cares about.

It's just most people really got attached to the brand with later games so those are their favorites.

The fact that those games weren't originally released outside of Japan also hurted their visibility.

Originally posted by Kazenji
I've always like the 6th one the most for the older ones.

It's one of the better games of it's era, the dungeon design is still solid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.