Captain Marvel Vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Pre DCnu. Gravage. No prep. No BFR. New Mexico desert.

DarkSaint85
Which Marvel?

krisblaze
It says predcnu so I assume Billy.

Marvel stomps.

riv6672
Yeah, Billy. And: Really?

DarkSaint85
When I read it, it didn't say mad Hmm, good fight.

Star428
Depends on how effective magic lightning would be against Hulk. Hulk doesn't have any magic resistance as far as I know so I'm going with CM.

riv6672
Magic lightning wise, fairly sure there's precedent with all his Thor fights...

carver9
Don't think people have been keeping up with Hulk. Captain Marvel does good but Hulk kills him. Hulk is literally one of the most powerful being on the planet right now.

Insane Titan
Cap wins

carver9
Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, Billy. And: Really?

Kris and Hulk doesn't get along. Please don't listen to him.

Werewolf582
Cap

riv6672
Pretty even. Huh!

eaebiakuya
Magic lightning wise, fairly sure there's precedent with all his Thor fights...

Well, if you look that way, Hulk as Koed by a single lightining attack.

Estacado
Originally posted by carver9
Don't think people have been keeping up with Hulk. Captain Marvel does good but Hulk kills him. Hulk is literally one of the most powerful being on the planet right now.
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Cap wins

abhilegend
Cap wins.

riv6672
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Well, if you look that way, Hulk as Koed by a single lightining attack.
Mustve been a heck of a strike. Obvious questions are, which Hulk, what strike?

carver9

It was a surprise attack and this happened like 15 plus yrs ago.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk wins.
You know, I was gonna come in here and say Cap wins but I think you're right.

I used to think that Captain Marvel was Superman's peer. He isn't. He's more like Wonder Woman's peer except he doesn't have the haxx gear and his most powerful attack puts him in serious trouble if an opponent is fast enough to exploit the opening.

Hulk wins. In fact, ANY version of Hulk should win. It will just take longer depending on which version of Hulk shows up.

Star428
Before DCnU CM was clearly above WW in every category (except skill) but I'm not so sure about the current characters though since I haven't been keeping up with them. Before the reboot though CM performed a heck of a lot better against Big Blue than WW ever did.

eaebiakuya

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111132618/3597987-hulk_annual_2001_p24.jpg

Well not really. He used some strikes far stronger than this. From the picture i even say he dont used Mjolnir to attack. Was by himself.

The sad thing is we cant say " hey, but in others fights Hulk tanked thunder attacks ".

But no, Thor almost never used it against Hulk. The only time i remember was against young maestro.

Flyattractor
The biggest loser in this will be the New Mexico Desert.

Stoic
The Hulk has been hurt by magic in the past, but there were times that he's shrugged it off. It depends on how strong he is when being struck. Since there were new rules put in place for the Hulk, and at what level he begins at, he would be able to shrug off Billy's lightning strikes. Billy fights up close, because he doesn't have eye beams, and other long range attacks like Superman, Gladiator, or other Krytonian clones. In the long run Marvel gets busted up, and if he is unable to take out an average Hulk that begins at herald level strength, he gets busted.

People have to pay attention to the new forum rules surrounding the Hulk. He does not begin at Official Handbook levels, or World Breaker levels, but somewhere in between, which would be at herald (top tier) strength levels, and everything that comes along with those levels. Durability, increased speed, faster healing, greater energy absorption/impact resistances.

leonidas
marvel should win but only if he fights smart. speed and energy via magic lightning should be enough to take hulk out. there is precedence for lightning working more than once in the past and marvel's lightning has been shown to be very powerful in some instances. he's strong enough to do definite damage and is durable enough to take a heavy beating if he needs it but lightning and speed should be enough to get him the wins. i'd call it a split.

marvel's level also tends to vary more than superman's but he is still pretty damn close. i'd give supes a majority, marvel a split and hulk a majority over ww--all in the classic versions of the dc characters.

the dcnu marvel may not get a majority, but i've STILL not seen enough to definitively state his level. it's a good fight for sure.

Stoic
Leo, Not too sure that the lightning is going to do any lasting damage on the Hulk. Thor is a magical being, which has been stated on more than one occasion. Kismet for example thought that Thor would be a perfect mate if not for him having enchantments placed on him. How long would it take for Doc Green to discover that Marvel turns into Billy after shouting Shazam?

Originally posted by ODG
XI. PROFESSOR HULK DURABILITY (cont'd)

A lightning bolt only makes Professor Hulk's hair stand on end in Incredible Hulk Annual #18:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/ProfessorHulkEnergy06Annual18.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/ProfessorHulkEnergy.jpg

And a barrage of lightning from Thor only stuns Professor Hulk in Incredible Hulk #440:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/ProfessorHulkEnergy08440.jpg

Later, after an hour of fighting Thor gripped in Warrior Madness, he survives a ground-zero atomic blast:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Durability/ProfessorHulkEnergy09440.jpg

JBL
Hulk wins. Lol at CM winning, then winning, then splitting, then may not win. ALL in the same fight that has now turned into a good fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by JBL
Hulk wins. Lol at CM winning, then winning, then splitting, then may not win. ALL in the same fight that has now turned into a good fight.

I think what Leo was trying to say was that the Hulk is a being that does not have a static level. So, it's impossible to truly say who would win. It would really depend on how angry the Hulk is, and if Marvel fought smart; As in taking the fight to the Hulk fast and furious before he really became too much for him to handle. I could be wrong, but that's essentially what I got from his post.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by zopzop
You know, I was gonna come in here and say Cap wins but I think you're right.

I used to think that Captain Marvel was Superman's peer. He isn't. He's more like Wonder Woman's peer except he doesn't have the haxx gear and his most powerful attack puts him in serious trouble if an opponent is fast enough to exploit the opening.

Hulk wins. In fact, ANY version of Hulk should win. It will just take longer depending on which version of Hulk shows up.

ANY HULK?

I grow weary of your damn LIES!

Star428
Originally posted by Stoic
Leo, Not too sure that the lightning is going to do any lasting damage on the Hulk. Thor is a magical being, which has been stated on more than one occasion. Kismet for example thought that Thor would be a perfect mate if not for him having enchantments placed on him. How long would it take for Doc Green to discover that Marvel turns into Billy after shouting Shazam?

Yeah, but that's not magical lightning in that scan. CM's lightning is magical and has brought Superman himself to his knees.

leonidas
I think what Leo was trying to say was that the Hulk is a being that does not have a static level. So, it's impossible to truly say who would win. It would really depend on how angry the Hulk is, and if Marvel fought smart; As in taking the fight to the Hulk fast and furious before he really became too much for him to handle. I could be wrong, but that's essentially what I got from his post.

lol thanks for translating. jbl's reading comp issues are extremely well documented. thumb up

but, not sure what you mean by THOR is a magical being--you sound like you're implying marvel isn't....? confused his lightning is also magical, so....not sure what you were getting at there.

anyway, we've seen a couple times lightning can impact hulk, though i agree not ALWAYS. still, i think it would be effective enough when combined with marvel's other powers to give him a split. using a magic-charged fist in combo with his speed could also be very effective.

and marvel only turns back IF the lightning strikes HIM, not if he directs it at an opponent. it's a fight i'd love to see though.

JBL
I think what Leo was trying to say was that the Hulk is a being that does not have a static level. So, it's impossible to truly say who would win. It would really depend on how angry the Hulk is, and if Marvel fought smart; As in taking the fight to the Hulk fast and furious before he really became too much for him to handle. I could be wrong, but that's essentially what I got from his post. No he was not. He comes and try to hide his motive by trying to please both sides, but sways toward superman, captain marvel and other DC characters that have matched supes. Notice how he gives marvel the fighting smart thing, the win if? the 50/50 thing, then the i dont know good fight thing. Hulk has fought faster people than marvel and withstood all kinds of magical energy, He left that info out for some reason, guess why? He dont even mention what hulk could do to win. That itself shows his motives.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JBL
No he was not. He comes and try to hide his motive by trying to please both sides, but sways toward superman, captain marvel and other DC characters that have matched supes. Notice how he gives marvel the fighting smart thing, the win if? the 50/50 thing, then the i dont know good fight thing. Hulk has fought faster people than marvel and withstood all kinds of magical energy, He left that info out for some reason, guess why? smokin'

thumb up

Star428
Hulk has fought people faster than Marvel? Ok. Name them. CM has combat speed that is on par with Superman himself. I know of no one in Marvel that has combat speed on Clark's level. Before you say "Surfer does," no he doesn't. Travel speed yes but reflexes? Hell no. If he has Superman-level reflexes then I want to see scans of him demonstrating that before I believe it.

Stoic
Originally posted by Star428
Yeah, but that's not magical lightning in that scan. CM's lightning is magical and has brought Superman himself to his knees.

Thor's lightning is magical though, because he is able to hit magical beings with it and affect them profoundly. Superman and the Hulk have a lot in common, because they both are powered by solar energy. Gamma waves/rays are transmitted by stars unless I'm mistaken? But, then there is a point when their similarities split off. The Hulk is a mutated human Superman isn't, and he (The Hulk) mutates over a period of time to overcome many obstacles. We see this when he is in a highly toxic environment that he can not breathe in, and suddenly mutates or evolves to be able to live in that environment. Or, to being able to actually breathe under water, and in outer space. He rode on top of the stone ship from Sakaar back to Earth. Is there a reason why you would believe that the lightning in the scan above is not magical? Thor sent that burst of lightning his way.

Originally posted by leonidas
lol thanks for translating. jbl's reading comp issues are extremely well documented. thumb up

but, not sure what you mean by THOR is a magical being--you sound like you're implying marvel isn't....? confused his lightning is also magical, so....not sure what you were getting at there.

anyway, we've seen a couple times lightning can impact hulk, though i agree not ALWAYS. still, i think it would be effective enough when combined with marvel's other powers to give him a split. using a magic-charged fist in combo with his speed could also be very effective.

and marvel only turns back IF the lightning strikes HIM, not if he directs it at an opponent. it's a fight i'd love to see though.

Yes I know that Cap Marvel is a magical being. I was just saying that his magical lightning may not be able to do more than Thor's magical lightning in the past, but it would really depend on the Hulk's strength level. his tolerance goes up as his strength does up. Thor is a good indicator, that he may be able to shrug off Marvel's blasts, because there isn't really any hard proof to prove that Captain Marvel's magic lightning is more powerful than Thor's. Other than that, I fully agree with you, because Captain Marvel is pretty powerful. IMO he would have to get in and finish it as quickly as possible, or the Hulk's strength will eclipse his own, and make winning far more difficult.

Originally posted by JBL
No he was not. He comes and try to hide his motive by trying to please both sides, but sways toward superman, captain marvel and other DC characters that have matched supes. Notice how he gives marvel the fighting smart thing, the win if? the 50/50 thing, then the i dont know good fight thing. Hulk has fought faster people than marvel and withstood all kinds of magical energy, He left that info out for some reason, guess why? He dont even mention what hulk could do to win. That itself shows his motives.

I don't know man. I'd prefer to take his word for it though, because I don't know his true intentions brother.

Stoic
Hulk has fought people faster than Marvel? Ok. Name them. CM has combat speed that is on par with Superman himself. I know of no one in Marvel that has combat speed on Clark's level. Before you say "Surfer does," no he doesn't. Travel speed yes but reflexes? Hell no. If he has Superman-level reflexes then I want to see scans of him demonstrating that before I believe it.

The Sentry, Hyperion and Gladiator do.

Star428
I didn't know that was Thor's lightning. My mistake.

Stoic
I didn't know that was Thor's lightning. My mistake.

Yeah I know, my bad. I didn't have the rest of the scan, but yep he's fighting Thor in that battle. This really all depends on the Hulk's excitement level, and captain Marvel using Solomon's wisdom to go in strong and relentless before the Hulk's strength gets to a point that he would be too weak to win. Lobo for example can take Captain Marvel's hits, and return his own. I wouldn't say that Lobo was a mega brick. Extremely powerful, but he's not on the Hulk, General Eiling, or Doomsday's level of power.

Damborgson
It was a surprise attack and this happened like 15 plus yrs ago.

It wasn't a surprise, he was just one shot. Hulks the one who rushed Thors back and ate a lightning bolt to the face for his efforts.

Thor can produce so much energy that the fading residual lightning on his unconciouss body knocked hulk out anyway, so its not like he cant no him at will.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
It wasn't a surprise, he was just one shot. Hulks the one who rushed Thors back and ate a lightning bolt to the face for his efforts.

Thor can produce so much energy that the fading residual lightning on his unconciouss body knocked hulk out anyway, so its not like he cant no him at will.

He didn't hit Hulk in the face though. The lightning Bolt hit him in the back. Doesn't matter anyways, don't think anything like that will happen again.

9jaboy
He didn't hit Hulk in the face though. The lightning Bolt hit him in the back. Doesn't matter anyways, don't think anything like that will happen again.

I think it does matter Bro...
CM's got bolts...you know what that means rii?

9jaboy
The Sentry, Hyperion and Gladiator do.

They are not faster than CM.

leonidas
Thor's lightning is magical though, because he is able to hit magical beings with it and affect them profoundly. Superman and the Hulk have a lot in common, because they both are powered by solar energy. Gamma waves/rays are transmitted by stars unless I'm mistaken? But, then there is a point when their similarities split off. The Hulk is a mutated human Superman isn't, and he (The Hulk) mutates over a period of time to overcome many obstacles. We see this when he is in a highly toxic environment that he can not breathe in, and suddenly mutates or evolves to be able to live in that environment. Or, to being able to actually breathe under water, and in outer space. He rode on top of the stone ship from Sakaar back to Earth. Is there a reason why you would believe that the lightning in the scan above is not magical? Thor sent that burst of lightning his way.

Yes I know that Cap Marvel is a magical being. I was just saying that his magical lightning may not be able to do more than Thor's magical lightning in the past, but it would really depend on the Hulk's strength level. his tolerance goes up as his strength does up. Thor is a good indicator, that he may be able to shrug off Marvel's blasts, because there isn't really any hard proof to prove that Captain Marvel's magic lightning is more powerful than Thor's. Other than that, I fully agree with you, because Captain Marvel is pretty powerful. IMO he would have to get in and finish it as quickly as possible, or the Hulk's strength will eclipse his own, and make winning far more difficult.

I don't know man. I'd prefer to take his word for it though, because I don't know his true intentions brother.

laughing out loud

he's on ignore so he knows he needs to use you as a proxy. sorry bout that. can't stand anti-fanboys as they cause more trouble than actual fanboys...

anyway, hopefully you've seen me post enough to know that i'm pretty damn agenda-less in the forum and i actually got a chuckle out of the idea that i have 'motives'. that ANYONE could care enough about these comic battles to have 'motives' speaks more eloquently to the delusional nature of his posts than anything i can say.... laughing out loud

anywho, sorry to subject you to that nonsense. ignore him, and don't feel any need to defend me on any count. smile

and you're probably right about his needing to take hulk out pretty quickly but he certainly is capable of doing so. it's hulk durability that would be the issue ultimately. i don't really agree necessarily that hulk would quickly surpass him in strength. he would, probably, eventually, but we've seen hulk in LONG battles where he doesn't just utterly eclipse opponents (sun god is a recent, and obvious example, but by no means the only example)--his durability though makes it really tough. repeated bolts (zeus's lightning, don't forget) would/could weaken him. cm could literally stay in the air and simply blast bolt after bolt down, easily using speed to dodge thrown objects or a jumping hulk until he has weakened him then hit with charged punches with near-superman strength.

hulk is the one that has the tougher battle here, no doubt about it imo. finding logical ways for him is tough and rely almost entirely on cm fighting h2h which, if he is smart, he needn't do. this would be similar to the gladiator battle imo, but i think the magic lightning would be much more effective than the eyebeams glads used. cm also has the wisdom of solomon (which he'd use in a forum battle) and realize h2h would likely be death.

all that said, i still say a split because cm DOES fight h2h most often and i'd think MOST of the time that would get his arse knocked out. but it's cm's fight to lose (at least the classic cm) imo. one-dimensional bricks, even the most powerful ones, are at a disadvantage in forum battles. it's something anyone on the forums for any length of time should realize by now.....

JBL
Now you try and explain yourself because you were exposed.Nice rant about marvel doing things to perfection all of a sudden.

carver9
thumb up

Flyattractor
Billy uses the Wisdom of Solomon and uses reason and calm to not attack the Hulk but calm him down by pointing out the possible destruction and harm he could do to the delicate environment that they are in....and then Shazam Lightening Blasts Bruce Banner.

eaebiakuya
Didnt Storm KOed Hulk with a lightining attack ?

leonidas
yeah, but that was guided by cable into his brain directly iirc.

Time Immemorial
Hulk wins more then he loses.

riv6672
What a great 3 pages!

krisblaze
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Hulk wins more then he loses.
No smile

Cap is faster, stronger, more durable, more versatile and infinitely smarter.

Reflassshh
Cap calms hulk by punching his brain. imo

quanchi112
Originally posted by krisblaze
No smile

Cap is faster, stronger, more durable, more versatile and infinitely smarter. Nuts. Gravage beats the hell out of him. I disagree with the smarter angle but by your logic Stephen Hawking >> Mike Tyson in a fight.

Savage Hulk has resisted speed Bfr attempts by Gladiator who is faster than Cap.

This ain't even close.

krisblaze
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nuts. Gravage beats the hell out of him. I disagree with the smarter angle but by your logic Stephen Hawking >> Mike Tyson in a fight.

Savage Hulk has resisted speed Bfr attempts by Gladiator who is faster than Cap.

This ain't even close.
Stephen Hawking's not stronger than Mike Tyson, so the analogy fails.

Cap wouldn't BFR and he wouldn't need to slowly fly into the atmosphere in order to do it.

Gladiator's not faster than Cap.

You're surely right that it's not even close.

riv6672
Cap is faster, smarter and more versatile, but not stronger and more durable, no offense to kris.

quanchi112
Stephen Hawking's not stronger than Mike Tyson, so the analogy fails.

Cap wouldn't BFR and he wouldn't need to slowly fly into the atmosphere in order to do it.

Gladiator's not faster than Cap.

You're surely right that it's not even close. Cap is not stronger than Gravage Hulk nor does he have dynamic strength so you failed.

Based on feats he is.

You have sure lost your way. I guess the guy who can hang with Thor at his most stupid for hours but Cap crushes him according to you.

You shame Thor.

sick

krisblaze
When Gravage reaches a point beyond Cap, let me know.

Until then his strength can be as dynamic as it wants to, to no avail.
Cap is faster, smarter and more versatile, but not stronger and more durable, no offense to kris.

Sure he is.

Better feats = stronger and more durable.

You'll have to apologize for me not taking your word for it, but you've probably read phuck all when it comes to comics Cap's appeared in.

riv6672
Ha, okay, since you're being so polite, show us where CM has better strength feats than the Hulk. I like when people post scans.

krisblaze
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/respect-captain-marvel-60246/

riv6672
And?

krisblaze
And look at his fights.

Stoic
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Billy uses the Wisdom of Solomon and uses reason and calm to not attack the Hulk but calm him down by pointing out the possible destruction and harm he could do to the delicate environment that they are in....and then Shazam Lightening Blasts Bruce Banner.

The Hulk is very smart these days. He goes by Doc Green now, and he may be smarter than Solomon due to that extremis tech in his brain. @Leo, I'm not sure that I would compare Cap Marvel's lightning, or his control over it to Marvel's Zeus? I really need to see a bit more of Doc Green, but from what I can tell, his base strength is already on Captain Marvel's level. Look at how easily he restrained A-Bomb recently. A-Bomb took hits from Loeb era Rulk that registered a full 10 of a seismic scale I'm assuming that it was the Rictor Scale, but due to propriety reasons they did not come straight out and call it that.

I don't agree that Captain Marvel/Black Adam are Gladiator level characters in terms of versatility. Gladiator can spam laser blasts all day long, while Captain Marvel usually fights in pseudo brick mode. He doesn't have the freeze breath, he doesn't have the laser vision, super hearing, super telescopic vision, that Superman, and his clones (Gladiator, Hyperion.. etc) have. he has speed, but the Hulk has fought fast guys before, so I'm not convinced that this is a 100% way of beating him. I guess he could attempt to fly in, and drill him in his head a few hundred times for the KO? In all honesty though, I have always seen Thor as Marvel's superior due in part to the hammer, weather control and he is definitely squishier than Superman.

krisblaze
"He may be smarter than Solomon" : DDDDD

Stoic
Wisdom of Solomon, not the smarts of Uatu. Different kind of mental aptitudes methinks.

Stoic
Also i missed the part where this happens to be the Savage Gray Hulk. I change my opinion to Cap Marvel taking the majority.

riv6672
And look at his fights.

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk/4005-2267/forums/hulk-respect-thread-607602/

And look at his fights.

riv6672
Also i missed the part where this happens to be the Savage Gray Hulk. I change my opinion to Cap Marvel taking the majority.
He's not gray, he's green.

Stoic
He's not gray, he's green.

What does gravage mean exactly? Is this the current Hulk?

krisblaze
Wisdom of Solomon, not the smarts of Uatu. Different kind of mental aptitudes methinks.
Yeah and the wisdom of solomon is far more useful in battle as it warns him of danger, gives him info about opponents, etc.

Instantly.

carver9
No smile

Cap is faster, stronger, more durable, more versatile and infinitely smarter.

laughing out loud

Stoic
I'm still trying to figure out what gravage Hulk means exactly? What Hulk is being used here?

riv6672
What does gravage mean exactly? Is this the current Hulk?
Gravage Hulk has the cunning intellect of Bruce Banner, the personality of the grey Hulk, and the raw power of the savage Hulk.

krisblaze
^Grey Hulk is the cunning one, not Banner.

I'm still trying to figure out what gravage Hulk means exactly? What Hulk is being used here?
Similar to Savage Hulk.

A bit smarter.

Stoic
Don't tell me that this is the Hulk from Sakaar? The Green Scar? That's all that I'm getting with that description. If so He would beat the life out of Captain Marvel.

krisblaze
Haha what, he'd get stomped equally bad. Especially considering that he was weakened half the time no expression

And no, not green scar.

riv6672
^Grey Hulk is the cunning one, not Banner.

Similar to Savage Hulk.

A bit smarter.
Either way he aint no Solomon.

Stoic
Wow this feels like a guessing game. Do you have a story line that he appears in? Was it the Hulk that fought during the Secret Wars, Teamed up with Sasquatch to take on Wendigo? Anyways I'm about to crash.

riv6672
Wow this feels like a guessing game. Do you have a story line that he appears in? Was it the Hulk that fought during the Secret Wars, Teamed up with Sasquatch to take on Wendigo? Anyways I'm about to crash. the Avengers Assemble series Hulk that fought Zodiac and Thanos in their first arc. Have a good night!

Golgo13
marvel should win but only if he fights smart. speed and energy via magic lightning should be enough to take hulk out. there is precedence for lightning working more than once in the past and marvel's lightning has been shown to be very powerful in some instances. he's strong enough to do definite damage and is durable enough to take a heavy beating if he needs it but lightning and speed should be enough to get him the wins. i'd call it a split.

marvel's level also tends to vary more than superman's but he is still pretty damn close. i'd give supes a majority, marvel a split and hulk a majority over ww--all in the classic versions of the dc characters.

the dcnu marvel may not get a majority, but i've STILL not seen enough to definitively state his level. it's a good fight for sure.

This.

krisblaze
Wow this feels like a guessing game. Do you have a story line that he appears in? Was it the Hulk that fought during the Secret Wars, Teamed up with Sasquatch to take on Wendigo? Anyways I'm about to crash.
I feel the same way actually.

It's not the Hulk from the shit Bendis story that Riv is referring to, and he would most certainly get stomped. Same with the "old" Gravage Hulk.

I kind of assumed he was referring to the non-WBH from current ish times.

I also wonder what kind of Marvel this is, as there's been a few different ones in preboot times....

riv6672
If there's two problems with making a thread here, is how often we get hung up on what version of each character is which, and how many versions the Companies keep pumping out.

Lets just say its the Hulk from the fun Bendis story, m'kay kris?
And yes, we get it, you think he gets stomped.laughing out loud

krisblaze
We need feats to go by.

In order to determine what feats we need to known which incarnation of what character.

We also need to know which Captain Marvel.

riv6672
I hear what you're saying, but that doesnt mean what i said isnt true.
A great many threads will have the first response ask which version of a character it is, when the OP states it already.
That boils down to poster inattention and the fact that even one version of a character can have sub sets, with different power levels...

As for Cap, its classic preDCnu. I think this particular train of thought has reached the station.

krisblaze
Billy or Freddie?

If it's Billy then he also went by the name Captain Marvel a great while after getting Shazam's powers.

Gravage Hulk isn't specific enough, and the version a lot of people think it is doesn't include the one you just now claimed that it was.

riv6672
Like i said...smile

krisblaze
Okay, I assume Billy then stick out tongue

He wins smile

Star428
Pretty sure that CM starts off a great deal stronger and more durable than Hulk just like Superman does. Hulk only surpasses CM when he has time to get really mad.

krisblaze
Pretty sure that CM starts off a great deal stronger and more durable than Hulk just like Superman does. Hulk only surpasses CM when he has time to get really mad.

And it's not so much that the Hulk is weak, but that I've NEVER EVER seen him reach CM heights in comics without there being some kind of external plot-point that makes him angry.

WWH's strength reached heights because he had medatitve techniques to hold onto his anger and channel it.

Insane Titan
I always got the impression WWH amped by the warp core exploding too

carver9
How about someone provide some examples of how weak/strong green Hulk is when he first go green. This has been asked too many times with no one providing any evidence to support their claims. Back your statements up with scans.

riv6672
How about someone provide some examples of how weak/strong green Hulk is when he first go green. This has been asked too many times with no one providing any evidence to support their claims. Back your statements up with scans.
As to what i was saying earlier, you have some posters that will harp for a page and a half about versions

Okay, I assume Billy then stick out tongue

He wins smile

When they just want to say one thing....laughing out loud

carver9
A calm Hulk tanks a blitz from Captain Marvel and laughs off amped punches from her.

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21429682_Avengers_2012-_039-013.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21429683_Avengers_2012-_039-014.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21429684_Avengers_2012-_039-015.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21429685_Avengers_2012-_039-017.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21429686_Avengers_2012-_039-018.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21429687_Avengers_2012-_039-019.jpg

Then punches her out of orbit in a laying down position. Don't know what it takes for people to understand Hulk base strength. Do I need to provide scans of Captain Marvel punching power? This is getting ridiculous with these assumptions.

krisblaze
Who said anything about base hulk strength? no expression

carver9
What is Captain Marvel heights? What strength fts are you using for these heights? I feel safe at saying that I can exceed whatever scan or showing you provide from a Hulk that just transformed into the Hulk.

krisblaze
What is Captain Marvel heights? What strength fts are you using for these heights?

What are you talking about? smile

Do you think Marvel Captain Marvel and DC Captain Marvel are the same character?

riv6672
Who said anything about base hulk strength? no expression

You baited the hook right here...

...again, if you think CM thats fine. No need to harp on the base level argument for a page and a half. stick out tongue

carver9
What are you talking about? smile

Do you think Marvel Captain Marvel and DC Captain Marvel are the same character?

Just read my post and see why I provided those scans. What I am asking you is, what fts does DC Captain Marvel have that puts him above a base Hulk strength wise. I'm pretty sure you can back these claims because I feel 100% confident I can back mine.

carver9
You baited the hook right here...

...again, if you think CM thats fine. No need to harp on the base level argument for a page and a half. stick out tongue

I honestly don't have a problem with Kris judging for Captain Marvel since this is the weakest Hulk in existence. Gravage Hulk. I just want him to realize this isn't a weak Hulk. Gravage Hulk last showing had him punching someone in the face causing planetary destruction on opposite sides of earth...and he was calm while doing this. With that said, even though this is a powerful Hulk, he is one of the weakest, so i'm giving this to CM.

DarkSaint85
What is Captain Marvel heights? What strength fts are you using for these heights? I feel safe at saying that I can exceed whatever scan or showing you provide from a Hulk that just transformed into the Hulk.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/5948/288189-smcm_super.jpg

evil face

carver9
Lol...you and me both know that is an alternate Captain Marvel. Good try though.

DarkSaint85
Lol...you and me both know that is an alternate Captain Marvel. Good try though.

Having fun.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/s5.jpg

evil face evil face

riv6672
Haha^

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3422/3308662983_25aa1e24a8_b.jpg

DarkSaint85
Lol.

This however, made me sad sad

https://crustula.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/hostess-spidey-rip.jpg

riv6672
The Parker luck...!

naurtoisbeast
Before DCnU CM was clearly above WW in every category (except skill) but I'm not so sure about the current characters though since I haven't been keeping up with them. Before the reboot though CM performed a heck of a lot better against Big Blue than WW ever did. Originally posted by Star428
Before DCnU CM was clearly above WW in every category (except skill) but I'm not so sure about the current characters though since I haven't been keeping up with them. Before the reboot though CM performed a heck of a lot better against Big Blue than WW ever did. i think hulk will win

Stoic

The rules have changed. Check out the forum rules concerning the Hulk, and where he begins at base. Per forum rules they both begin at around the same level of strength.

YFZ 350
Billy brings the thunder.

pym-ftw
Hulk hangs with a better Thunderer

krisblaze
Hulk wishes :-)

riv6672
Recess is over kids! laughing out loud

krisblaze
I actually wrote that post during recess laughing

leonidas
during recess? you write and communicate well for a kid in elementary school.... shifty

krisblaze
during recess? you write and communicate well for a kid in elementary school.... shifty
I work with special needs children atm.

And I'm decidedly more pedagogical in real life than I am on KMC 131

leonidas
ha! i could use the HELL out of you in my class this year. sad and that background also makes you uniquely suited to deal handle life in the ole kmc.... laughing out loud

riv6672
" mama says the reason alligators are so ornery is they got all them teeth and no tooth brush."

krisblaze
I was about to tell you to keep it white, but I guess nothing's more white than Adam Sandler....

ha! i could use the HELL out of you in my class this year. sad and that background also makes you uniquely suited to deal handle life in the ole kmc.... laughing out loud

I don't want to risk crazy american kids pulling a gun on me. You take your own hits uhuh

leonidas
lol jokes' on you--i'm canadian! canadian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.