Quicksilver vs Edward

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Edward from Twilight vs Quicksilver.

Robtard
QS has shown faster speed, at least more consistently and clearly

So Edward won't touch him, but QS probably won't be able to harm Edward enough with his own punches before his healing-factor heals him

Time Immemorial
Quick silver breaks him limb from limb by flicking him with his fingers.

Robtard
Despite QS' speed, I don't think he's shown that ability, otherwise he would have turned the guards into red paste when touching them

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Despite QS' speed, I don't think he's shown that ability, otherwise he would have turned the guards into red paste when touching them

He was going easy on them with touching them with his fingers avoiding killing them but it was instant TKO. If he was going all out to kill with hard hits, I dont see why not.

KingD19
A multitude of full force punches at that speed could shatter joints.

Also he can vibrate solid matter. That could work wonders.

Robtard
Meh, possibly

The grabbing, speeding up and letting go is another possibility, but there would have to be something more durable than Edward to smash Edward into

Time Immemorial
Meh, possibly

The grabbing, speeding up and letting go is another possibility, but there would have to be something more durable than Edward to smash Edward into

What is stopping him from punching edwards head off?

BruceSkywalker
Edward dies

come at me big grin

StealthRanger
When has Edward shown anything at bullet timing, much less hundreds of times the speed of sound?

I thought so

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
What is stopping him from punching edwards head off?
Maybe Edward's face being a lot more durable than QS' hand?

Time Immemorial
Maybe Edward's face being a lot more durable than QS' hand?

I figured you would go that way of debate. Cept QS did much more damage faster then any other vamp in twilight, the old "his hand will hurt if he touches edward" wont work. It was apparent while in Superspeed that outside elements did not hurt him.

eaebiakuya
Movie QS stomps, very easy.

marwash22
It was apparent while in Superspeed that outside elements did not hurt him. wut?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by marwash22
wut?

He was re arranging bullets with ease. Those bullets after fired would be extremely hot yet it didn't bother him. Obviously his body is stronger then normal people for it to sustain that type of speed, case in point him having to brace Eriks head. Also him running through debree at that speed, he was un affected by, moving at that sort of speed a normal humans skin would peel off. His body is way above normal human durability.

Flyattractor
QS gets the points for using creativity in the fight. Eddy "Sparkly yet very Dull" Kullen comes up short in that area.

Quincy
I wasn't paying attention at all but I STRONGLY DISAGREE with TI

KingD19
The fact that a tap was sending fully grown men flying and he could rearrange bullets in flight without even any discomfort means QS body is pretty damn durable. At his speeds he should be fine punching Edward and the damage will build up before Ed knows whats happening.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Quincy
I wasn't paying attention at all but I STRONGLY DISAGREE with TI

You sound like an idiot.

Quincy
Not a Parks and Rec fan, got it boo. Also subtle lack of humor. It's okay though, we'll bounce back.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Quincy
Not a Parks and Rec fan, got it boo. Also subtle lack of humor. It's okay though, we'll bounce back.

Ur hard to follow cause you use nothing but movie and TV quoteslaughing out loud

Quincy
That is not true.

That's true.

DarkSaint85
Edward wins.

FrothByte
QS doesn't have the strength feats to hurt Edward. Edward doesn't have the speed to catch QS. Stalemate.

KingD19
At the speed Quicksilver moves, full force punches would hurt Ed imo. But Ed can't catch him.

FrothByte
The twivamps easily break marble and stone without getting hurt. Stops a crashing van with an outstretched palm without suffering wrist sprain.

We'd need more quantifiable feats to conclude that QS can hurt Edward instead of just saying "he can move fast enough to hurt him".

meep-meep
QS should be able to wreck a room full of twi vamps.

Stigma
Originally posted by KingD19
At the speed Quicksilver moves, full force punches would hurt Ed imo. But Ed can't catch him.
thumb up

If QS punches Edward instead of going easy on him like flicking him with his fingers, he should do fine.

FrothByte
Yeah, I'm still looking for proof that QS's punches will hurt Edward. All I see here are a lot of guesses and wishful thinking.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
QS doesn't have the strength feats to hurt Edward. Edward doesn't have the speed to catch QS. Stalemate.

For once we agree.

Utrigita
Quicksilver can run around Edward for days, but I have a really hard time seeing how Quicksilver can damage Edward...

meep-meep
Based on the limited screen feats he has QS would obliterate a whole shit load of movie super powered beings. Edward is on that long list.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Utrigita
Quicksilver can run around Edward for days, but I have a really hard time seeing how Quicksilver can damage Edward...

According to some here, he could snap Man of Steel's neck laughing

StealthRanger
Because we all know that the speed of sound>Superman, dur

meep-meep
Superman wouldn't be a victim to QS, obviously. But as someone said earlier he was plotted out of the main story line for a reason.

KingD19
All I'm saying is if he was jogging around and imparting that much force by tapping people. The amount of force he could generate if he hit full speed and punched or kicked as hard as he could should be able to hurt a Twi-vamp.

meep-meep
All I'm saying is if he was jogging around and imparting that much force by tapping people. The amount of force he could generate if he hit full speed and punched or kicked as hard as he could should be able to hurt a Twi-vamp.

Exactamundo.

meep-meep
Also his fingertips weren't shattered by the force necessary to throw those guards everywhere. He wasn't even hurt in the slightest.

Time Immemorial

Ever thought the reason he didn't punch anyone was perhaps he would hurt himself? Touching a wall hurts a lot less then punching it..

Mindset
Ever thought the reason he didn't punch anyone was perhaps he would hurt himself? Touching a wall hurts a lot less then punching it.. It's more likely that he didn't want to punch their heads off.

If he had regular human durability, his finger would have been shattered upon impact.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset
It's more likely that he didn't want to punch their heads off.

If he had regular human durability, his finger would have been shattered upon impact.

His greatest feat was against humans. Going beyond that against speeders with strength and massive durability is another story.

It's like saying "he touched those people with his finger and look what happened so if he punched someone can could hurt Thor or Hulk."

KingD19
You can't go the speeds he was hitting without enhanced durability and strength(muscle, bones, skin). Otherwise he'd basically break apart the faster he went. A single step at that speed would obliterate him.

FrothByte

2 problems with this theory:

1. Those guards didn't suffer broken or cracked heads or bodies that we know of. Being pushed is different from getting hit. QS can push Edward around all day, still don't see how he can actually HURT Edward.

2. You are basically theorizing that he should be able to generate greater force with greater speed... but there's no proof to that. What if hits someone at full speed with a full punch and the increase in strength is minimal? What if there truly is an increase in strength but it's still not enough to punch through concrete? You can't base all of these on an assumption.

Time Immemorial
You can't go the speeds he was hitting without enhanced durability and strength(muscle, bones, skin). Otherwise he'd basically break apart the faster he went. A single step at that speed would obliterate him.

Incorrect, his body has what it needs to sustain his powerset. Can you show me any speedster that cannot get hurt like anyone else.

No proof other to suggest he can take on people like Edward who has proven durability. Flash in Smallville was astronomically faster then QS and he still could get hurt like anyone else.

StealthRanger
Getting durability/DC from speed doesn't really work when it comes to fictional characters, you judge that from amount of energy they've dished out/attacks they've been shown to tank

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Getting durability/DC from speed doesn't really work when it comes to fictional characters, you judge that from amount of energy they've dished out/attacks they've been shown to tank

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Very well put.

Mindset
His greatest feat was against humans. Going beyond that against speeders with strength and massive durability is another story.

It's like saying "he touched those people with his finger and look what happened so if he punched someone can could hurt Thor or Hulk." It's actually not at all like saying that...

meep-meep
Why couldn't QS just run Edward into something that would kill him over and over again? He's got that level of speed.

FrothByte
People forget that Edward also has a decent amount of super speed. Sure he may not be as fast as QS, but I doubt he'll be standing still like those guards were.

Stigma
Precisely, my good sir.

Mindset
People forget that Edward also has a decent amount of super speed. Sure he may not be as fast as QS, but I doubt he'll be standing still like those guards were. Is he significantly faster than bullets?

If not, he may as well be standing still for all the good it will do him.

StealthRanger
Edward's Mach 200+?

I didn't think so either

Time Immemorial
It's actually not at all like saying that...

You can't even debate. You just sit and throw sticks. Try learning the point you are trying to get across instead of "no!"

FrothByte
Still don't see anyone providing proof that QS can hurt Edward...

Mindset
You can't even debate. You just sit and throw sticks. Try learning the point you are trying to get across instead of "no!" You responded to my last post with a nonsensical strawman.

The appropriate response would be to tell you that you were an idiot, but I was being nice.

Time Immemorial
You responded to my last post with a nonsensical strawman.

The appropriate response would be to tell you that you were an idiot, but I was being nice.

Ur not even on topic. If you have something to add to the debate, go ahead, if not, find someone else to troll.

SSJGGogeta
Um... Quicksilver dominates Edward. He was able to touch moving bullets with his index finger, and generate the force to move them without them simply going through his finger. He processes time differently than Edward does, meaning he could have put his fist through his head before Edward saw anything more than a gray streak.

And yes, QS would be able to put his hand through Edwards face, since QS taking steps at his casual speed obliterated the concrete walls of the pentagon, all while he was smiling and sampling some soup.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Um... Quicksilver dominates Edward. He was able to touch moving bullets with his index finger, and generate the force to move them without them simply going through his finger. He processes time differently than Edward does, meaning he could have put his fist through his head before Edward saw anything more than a gray streak.

And yes, QS would be able to put his hand through Edwards face, since QS taking steps at his casual speed obliterated the concrete walls of the pentagon, all while he was smiling and sampling some soup.

Nope based on feats he took out some humans with human durability with no speed feats.

wallman77
No proof other to suggest he can take on people like Edward who has proven durability. Flash in Smallville was astronomically faster then QS and he still could get hurt like anyone else.

Best quote in this thread that everyone is ignoring. While QS MAY have some increased durability, there is no reason to believe he could easily put his fist through a concrete wall, let alone a greatly tougher twi vamp without it shattering. There is literally no proof that could be provided to show otherwise. Especially since no other speedsters..even those faster than DOFP QS showed such durability and fortitude. All of a sudden QS is a speeding tank? ..to the point of even being matched with guys like Supes. lol naw, he can run circles around edward but he aint denting him. As someone else stated the twi vamps were busting marble like it was cardboard. When I see QS going through walls then I'll believe it.

FrothByte
Is he significantly faster than bullets?

If not, he may as well be standing still for all the good it will do him.

I've forgotten that the bullets were also barely moving when QS does his superspeed thing. I withdraw my argument about Edward's super speed.

FrothByte
Originally posted by wallman77
Best quote in this thread that everyone is ignoring. While QS MAY have some increased durability, there is no reason to believe he could easily put his fist through a concrete wall, let alone a greatly tougher twi vamp without it shattering. There is literally no proof that could be provided to show otherwise. Especially since no other speedsters..even those faster than DOFP QS showed such durability and fortitude. All of a sudden QS is a speeding tank? ..to the point of even being matched with guys like Supes. lol naw, he can run circles around edward but he aint denting him. As someone else stated the twi vamps were busting marble like it was cardboard. When I see QS going through walls then I'll believe it.

Yup. Speeding tank argument is spot on. Unless you're Superman, I know of no other movie speedster with super durability.

meep-meep
Yup. Speeding tank argument is spot on. Unless you're Superman, I know of no other movie speedster with super durability.

What other people are forgeting is that he is fast enough to repeatedly push other lesser speedesters to their respective vulnerabilities. Ultimately leading to their demise.

StealthRanger
If Quicksilver can overpower a bullets flight path with his fingers, perhaps that could be something for damage output?

Not saying he can harm Ed but..... yeah

TheVaultDweller
No saying QS has enough damage output to hurt Edward, but he can definitely dish out A LOT more damage than a normal person. I can't believe I missed it, but his casual steps -did- indeed crater the walls of the room he was running against (he was kinda jogging at that point). Based on that he could quite probably put his foot through a normal person's chest if he actually tried. Still doesn't prove that he can hurt Ed though.

I'm calling stalemate until I see the next X-Men film (so for like a year and a bit). Heard rumors that he is going to have a much bigger role in that film, and that the director was going to try and show off new ways of how he can use his powers. So wouldn't be surprised if we see him running on water, amping his hits etc. in the next one.

Placidity
Quicksilver can drop him in a volcano.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Placidity
Quicksilver can drop him in a volcano.

Actually, given the lack of OP stipulations, this is a valid point. laughing
QS might not be able to hurt Ed himself but dropping him into molten lava would.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StealthRanger
If Quicksilver can overpower a bullets flight path with his fingers, perhaps that could be something for damage output?

Not saying he can harm Ed but..... yeah

If you are moving something faster then something to the point of them standing still adjusting there direction seems legit however i don't know how thats considered damage output. What he did was redirection, not actually stopping them. The bullets still had velocity and once he slowed down they continued on their coarse. They still had to be stopped by something hard in the end.

Time Immemorial

Only ones I can think of would be the gods from Immortals.

dadudemon
QS has shown faster speed, at least more consistently and clearly

So Edward won't touch him, but QS probably won't be able to harm Edward enough with his own punches before his healing-factor heals him

Yup.

Edward can run pretty fast, apparently, in a straight line. QS seems to be able to run that fast or faster (probably far faster) in zig-zaggy lines, circles, walls, etc.

Edit - Why did this thread progress further than Robtard's post?

The durability required in QS's body to run that fast and perform those actions (while in "super-speed mode"wink would give him astronomical durability AND strength. I probably won't do because it would take too much boring time but if someone could find QS's best "striking" feat, I could do the math on it and show how much force he can put out. It should be enough or far greater than anything we see Twivamps do. That's enough to harm a Twivamp as regular vamps can bust up Twivamp bodies in that universe.

Mindset
Originally posted by dadudemon
Yup.

Edward can run pretty fast, apparently, in a straight line. QS seems to be able to run that fast or faster (probably far faster) in zig-zaggy lines, circles, walls, etc.

The durability required in QS's body to run that fast and perform those actions (while in "super-speed mode"wink would give him astronomical durability AND strength. I probably won't do because it would take too much boring time but if someone could find QS's best "striking" feat, I could do the math on it and show how much force he can put out. It should be enough or far greater than anything we see Twivamps do. That's enough to harm a Twivamp as regular vamps can bust up Twivamp bodies in that universe. thumb up

FrothByte
Yup.

The durability required in QS's body to run that fast and perform those actions (while in "super-speed mode"wink would give him astronomical durability AND strength. I probably won't do because it would take too much boring time but if someone could find QS's best "striking" feat, I could do the math on it and show how much force he can put out. It should be enough or far greater than anything we see Twivamps do. That's enough to harm a Twivamp as regular vamps can bust up Twivamp bodies in that universe.

If we were to take the "he's so fast that he needs super durability to withstand speed" argument then this should apply to all other speedsters out there. And yet, we know of no speedsters with super durability save Superman. Heck, Flash gets hurt by normal attacks... he just heals fast.

So while theoretically correct, I don't think we can just take it as fact when discussing superheroes simply because they have been proven to not have super durability.

Mindset
If we were to take the "he's so fast that he needs super durability to withstand speed" argument then this should apply to all other speedsters out there. And yet, we know of no speedsters with super durability save Superman. Heck, Flash gets hurt by normal attacks... he just heals fast.

So while theoretically correct, I don't think we can just take it as fact when discussing superheroes simply because they have been proven to not have super durability. But Flash is more durable and can punch with super human strength while he's moving at super speed, which would be the relevant correlation.

I can't think of a speedster that has shown similar attributes while using their super speed.

QS may not have superhuman strength and durability while he is moving normally, but he was shown to have both while he was using his powers.

Time Immemorial
Yet Flash has been hurt by normal human punches while in Super speed as well as gotten hurt..the idea now that they all speeding bricks is pretty funny. If so, why are they not just running through walls of concrete, disregarding bullets, and saying to hell with all incoming damage. Clearly anyone who thinks they are all speeding bricks is ignoring showings. Smallville's Flash who is the fastest speedster on screen could still be hurt. Flash in some of the animated movies gets hurt just like everyone else when he gets hit. Hence why he try's not to get hit...the whole point of his powers. Be so fast he avoids the hits.

If anyone here can show QS feats of Clark's durability from Smallville, or Edwards durability besides the "he can run real fast, so he must have uber durability" please show it. Cause right now it's all talk.

carver9
Don't think you all get what Mindset is saying. Going right over your head. Please read his post again. Imagine this. Superman and Flash fighting. From what we've seen, while Flash is moving at super speed, he can toss Superman across blocks with just a push. Can he do the same while not moving super humanly fast? Moving at normal speeds? Think about it. Common sense.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Don't think you all get what Mindset is saying. Going right over your head. Please read his post again. Imagine this. Superman and Flash fighting. From what we've seen, while Flash is moving at super speed, he can toss Superman across blocks with just a push. Can he do the same while not moving super humanly fast? Moving at normal speeds? Think about it. Common sense.

And I agree now, show me Durability feats by QS.

Robtard
And I agree now, show me Durability feats by QS.

Now I'm confused, early in the thread you were saying that QS is indeed highly durable:

I figured you would go that way of debate. Cept QS did much more damage faster then any other vamp in twilight, the old "his hand will hurt if he touches edward" wont work. It was apparent while in Superspeed that outside elements did not hurt him.

He was re arranging bullets with ease. Those bullets after fired would be extremely hot yet it didn't bother him. Obviously his body is stronger then normal people for it to sustain that type of speed, case in point him having to brace Eriks head. Also him running through debree at that speed, he was un affected by, moving at that sort of speed a normal humans skin would peel off. His body is way above normal human durability.

Spawningpool
Both realize they are hated in both their universes so they run away together and have strange but lovable sparkly fairy babies

Mindset
Originally posted by Spawningpool
Both realize they are hated in both their universes so they run away together and have strange but lovable sparkly fairy babies QS isn't hated though.

Spawningpool
QS is hated though.
That's why Edward is meant for him

Mindset
Originally posted by Spawningpool
That's why Edward is meant for him Meant to type isn't.

dadudemon
If we were to take the "he's so fast that he needs super durability to withstand speed" argument then this should apply to all other speedsters out there.

It pretty much does. no expression

Additionally, some speedster's ability to withstand these absurd forces comes from a magical force called the "Speed Force."

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Speed_Force

Until you provide evidence* that something very similar to the Speed Force exists in the film, you can't just make up magic and abilities that were not seen on screen (because that's against the MVF Golden Rule).

*It's unnecessary to do so as the Speed Force does not exist in the Marvel films or the Marvel Universe (616). Quicksilver's power is natural/comes from his mutant ability.

So while theoretically correct, I don't think we can just take it as fact when discussing superheroes simply because they have been proven to not have super durability.

Fortunately or unfortunately (depends on your perspective), you cannot dismiss character feats that were seen onscreen. Based on what was seen onscreen (and Quicksilver lacks the Speed Force), Quicksilver can withstand absurd forces on his body: we can't dismiss it just because we don't like it.

Here's what everyone needs to understand: any speedsters, besides those using things like the Speed Force (even then, there are exceptions to that), as a physics necessity, will ALWAYS have to have absurd amounts of durability and strength to be speedsters. Nobody can dismiss that just because they don't like the implications.

Robtard
Also seems like QS's cognitive abilities would increase along with his durability when at speeds in order to be able to process his surroundings and react quickly enough

Lestov16
A few jabs from Quicksilver, even if he pulled his punches, would send Edward flying several blocks

dadudemon
Also seems like QS's cognitive abilities would increase along with his durability when at speeds in order to be able to process his surroundings and react quickly enough

Yes, this, too.

Did anyone do a legit screen-shot analysis of QS's speed? I'd like to know what a ballpark is of his speed. Nemebro did a very very loose estimate and it made it seem like it was absurdly fast.

KingD19
And at the speed he'd be going, Edward shouldn't even be able to brace himself.

KingD19
Yes, this, too.

Did anyone do a legit screen-shot analysis of QS's speed? I'd like to know what a ballpark is of his speed. Nemebro did a very very loose estimate and it made it seem like it was absurdly fast.

Some guy did a real in depth analysis a while back. I think it was posted here in the mvf right after the movie came out. He's fast.

Also he can accelerate molecules with vibration, so he could just get a good grip on Edward and shake him apart.

FrothByte
It pretty much does. no expression

Additionally, some speedster's ability to withstand these absurd forces comes from a magical force called the "Speed Force."

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Speed_Force

Until you provide evidence* that something very similar to the Speed Force exists in the film, you can't just make up magic and abilities that were not seen on screen (because that's against the MVF Golden Rule).

*It's unnecessary to do so as the Speed Force does not exist in the Marvel films or the Marvel Universe (616). Quicksilver's power is natural/comes from his mutant ability.

Fortunately or unfortunately (depends on your perspective), you cannot dismiss character feats that were seen onscreen. Based on what was seen onscreen (and Quicksilver lacks the Speed Force), Quicksilver can withstand absurd forces on his body: we can't dismiss it just because we don't like it.

Here's what everyone needs to understand: any speedsters, besides those using things like the Speed Force (even then, there are exceptions to that), as a physics necessity, will ALWAYS have to have absurd amounts of durability and strength to be speedsters. Nobody can dismiss that just because they don't like the implications.

What kind of punishment has QS shown to withstand? Has he even tanked any attacks directed at him to show he has this super durability that you keep claiming?

Yes feats count for more in MVF... and I have yet to see feats showcasing speedsters having this super durability that you keep implying. Name me some. Like you said, powers won't count unless you have feats to back them up. Show me QS tanking something that shows how he legitimately has super durability.

Robtard
Yes, this, too.

Extremely fast, there's a 12-13 second scene (in the speed-scene) where he' standing still and messing with one of the guards.

Guess the simplest way to measure would be that he moved around and did lots of stuff for 2mins from his pov, while to everyone else only a second passed. But that's probably lowballing his speed.

Not Metro Man fast, but still ridiculously fast.

Time Immemorial
Now I'm confused, early in the thread you were saying that QS is indeed highly durable:

I agree that he has durability, never denying this. I disagree that he has higher durability then people shown who have speed and actual durability against other super beings.

I disagree he has higher durability then Flash, based on Flash being astronomically faster then him, however Flash said himself to Clark he envys Clark because unlike Clark, Barry has to be worried all the time because if he closes his eyes, he can get hurt.

dadudemon
I disagree he has higher durability then Flash, based on Flash being astronomically faster then him, however Flash said himself to Clark he envys Clark because unlike Clark, Barry has to be worried all the time because if he closes his eyes, he can get hurt.

thumb up

And, also, Flash has the Speed Force which is just a magical plot device that protects him.

Time Immemorial
thumb up

And, also, Flash has the Speed Force which is just a magical plot device that protects him.

I just caught the fact i used the phrase "bases on" in a paragraph. Who ever said Quan was food for nothing has another thing comminsmile

carver9
Where is Quan?

Time Immemorial
Gone girl, gone.

Time Immemorial
Im curious do the people who think QS has durability worth mentioning, where are you placing it.

Above or below Captain America?

DarkSaint85
Not to mention, doesn't Edward have precog?

Placidity
Edward has mind/thought-reading.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Placidity
Edward has mind/thought-reading.
thumb up and used to know what the other vamps were planning on doing.

Spawningpool
Edward is an expert stalker too

KingD19
He probably wouldn't even be able to figure out what's going on in Pietro's head with how fast his thoughts move.

DarkSaint85
He'd just need to tank it until he could get a lock.

Not to mention, with his speed, the gap isn't as wide as that between QS and normal humans.

theTANTALIZER
Edward does not display the reflexes as Xmen QS displayed. Even the Twilight Foxes were able to catch The Twi vampires at some point. Peter slows down time at his speed making the bullets that were fired like it was a standstill.

wallman77
What kind of punishment has QS shown to withstand? Has he even tanked any attacks directed at him to show he has this super durability that you keep claiming?

Yes feats count for more in MVF... and I have yet to see feats showcasing speedsters having this super durability that you keep implying. Name me some. Like you said, powers won't count unless you have feats to back them up. Show me QS tanking something that shows how he legitimately has super durability.

Bud there is no evidence of what they are implying. It's the essential circlejerk. They claim certain things HINT at the durability required...but there is literally no evidence to show that quicksilver's fist can withstand hitting edward's "diamond-esqe" body.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He'd just need to tank it until he could get a lock.

Not to mention, with his speed, the gap isn't as wide as that between QS and normal humans. The gap in speed is so wide that Edward could know an hour ahead of time what QS is going to do and it still wouldn't matter.

meep-meep
Although Edward is fast in his own right the speed between the two is still extremely drastic. I see no reason why QS couldn't hilariously force Eddie to beat his own ass. If QS can casually move fired bullets aside with his finger he can move the twi vamps around.

KingD19
He did make the cops hit themselves so hard they sent their own selves flying.

Mindset
Originally posted by meep-meep
Although Edward is fast in his own right the speed between the two is still extremely drastic. I see no reason why QS couldn't hilariously force Eddie to beat his own ass. If QS can casually move fired bullets aside with his finger he can move the twi vamps around. Good point, he could move Edward's fist so fast he could make him punch his own head off.

Time Immemorial
Good point, he could move Edward's fist so fast he could make him punch his own head off.

Did the guards punch their own head off? Can you punch your own head off, what makes you think he could punch his head off?

meep-meep
Twilight vamps can hurt other twilight vamps. Edward would grievously dismember himself. QS incinerates Eddie with a few pocket lighters then. Kidding. But seriously how difficult would it be for him to get a hold of something to burn Edward? Not difficult at all.

Time Immemorial
Twilight vamps can hurt other twilight vamps. Edward would grievously dismember himself. QS incinerates Eddie with a few pocket lighters then. Kidding. But seriously how difficult would it be for him to get a hold of something to burn Edward? Not difficult at all.

Lighters were never used to kill vampires, they were using torches.

Does a lighter just kill a human? No it takes more then that, obviously it would take more then a lighter to kill Edward.

FrothByte
IIRC to burn a twivamp you need to break it apart first so the fire can burn the venom in it's body. I don't recall any twivamp getting burnt from topical application of fire. If there was such a scene please remind me.

Time Immemorial
IIRC to burn a twivamp you need to break it apart first so the fire can burn the venom in it's body. I don't recall any twivamp getting burnt from topical application of fire. If there was such a scene please remind me.

You are correct there was nothing of the sort. It was dismemberment then they were torched.

meep-meep
Lighters were never used to kill vampires, they were using torches.

Does a lighter just kill a human? No it takes more then that, obviously it would take more then a lighter to kill Edward.

I was kidding about the "few lighters" comment. I said "kidding" immediately afterward. Again, how hard would it be to obtain something like a flamethrower for QS? Not very hard.

Also, QS could burn each and any piece at his leisure.

meep-meep
He did make the cops hit themselves so hard they sent their own selves flying.

Indeed.

meep-meep
Good point, he could move Edward's fist so fast he could make him punch his own head off.

Oh yeah.

FrothByte
I was kidding about the "few lighters" comment. I said "kidding" immediately afterward. Again, how hard would it be to obtain something like a flamethrower for QS? Not very hard.

Also, QS could burn each and any piece at his leisure.

Flamethrower won't work. He needs to break Edward apart before he'd be susceptible to fire. And there isn't any proof to show that QS can break Edward apart.

meep-meep
He makes Edward break himself apart.

FrothByte
He makes Edward break himself apart.

And how exactly is he gonna do that? I don't recall any feats of him making other people break themselves apart.

meep-meep
And how exactly is he gonna do that? I don't recall any feats of him making other people break themselves apart.

He can place one vamp hand around the same vamps ankle. Put the other hand around the other ankle. Fist bump each with his own fist in opposite directions. Real time sets in and we got ourselves Eddie with no legs. Though technically he'd have them. Just holding them. A grotesque form of jumping jacks kinda.

FrothByte
He can place one vamp hand around the same vamps ankle. Put the other hand around the other ankle. Fist bump each with his own fist in opposite directions. Real time sets in and we got ourselves Eddie with no legs. Though technically he'd have them. Just holding them. A grotesque form of jumping jacks kinda.

Lol. No. If he fist bumps Edward's hands then that movement will only have the strength of Quicksilver's fist bumps behind it, none of Edward's strength. All that will do is tickle Edward.

meep-meep
Lol. No. If he fist bumps Edward's hands then that movement will only have the strength of Quicksilver's fist bumps behind it, none of Edward's strength. All that will do is tickle Edward.

Well, I'm guessing you think QS has superhuman strength then. A simple hand placement and slight nudge to an elbow and moving speeding bullets with fingertips is pretty beastly. Imagine an actual shove.

FrothByte
Well, I'm guessing you think QS has superhuman strength then. A simple hand placement and slight nudge to an elbow and moving speeding bullets with fingertips is pretty beastly. Imagine an actual shove.

it's not that hard to move bullets as long as they're moving slower than you. Heck, throw me a bullet and I'm pretty sure I can swap it away.

QS still hasn't displayed the strength necessary to injure Edward, let alone tear him apart.

meep-meep
it's not that hard to move bullets as long as they're moving slower than you. Heck, throw me a bullet and I'm pretty sure I can swap it away.

QS still hasn't displayed the strength necessary to injure Edward, let alone tear him apart.

Its not that hard to do to anything to anyone if everything else is moving way slower than you. I do agree that QS hasn't hurt a physically enhanced being though, even though his feats imply that he could. I guess we are at a stalemate. Kudos bud.

theTANTALIZER
since there was no display of strength from QS, his uncanny speed, he can manipulate Edwards surroundings or even affect his movments to cause damage to Edward. QS, despite, Edward speed, can run around him.

FrothByte
How exactly can he manipulate surroundings or Edward's movements to damage him? You have to remember that Edward is a lot more durable than humans. I could see QS hurting Edward, I just don't see how he can injure him permanently.

theTANTALIZER
The key is QS ' speed. Even Edward's speed, QS can dance around a speeding bullet. With imagination, say I have QS uncanny speed, I can pick up objects ram it down Edward's throat so fast or take a saw or a sword and decapitate his head without him knowing it. Their hide can be pierced. If it takes a Wolf to rip the vamps neck, then have no doubt with QS' ability he can make it happen.

How exactly can he manipulate surroundings or Edward's movements to damage him? You have to remember that Edward is a lot more durable than humans. I could see QS hurting Edward, I just don't see how he can injure him permanently.

FrothByte
No, it takes a werewolf to bite through them. Those wolves specifically developed to fight vampires. It's not like a normal wolf or sword blow can get through their skin.

theTANTALIZER
I don't know about that. Nothing has explained the nature of the wolves bite capability is magical or not. But also you have to contend QS' other ability where he has the ability to speed or accelerate molecules. Since the vamps are stone like material, I suspect QS can do some real damage here.

No, it takes a werewolf to bite through them. Those wolves specifically developed to fight vampires. It's not like a normal wolf or sword blow can get through their skin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.