Would Sidious blitz Revan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I doubt it, but its a question worth asking.

Angelalex242
Wrong forum. This is a versus thread.

Revanchiste
No Angelalex...

Darth Revan maximum potential Revan reborn like juzt before the fight with Vitiate.

Revan have 2 ztate of mindz.

Form II mind zt (with a part of form I)
And a form I/VII ztate of mind (with a part of form II)
Let me explain firzt ztate of mind hiz a cool mind wich rely heavly on preco, but Revan never cezz to uze hiz reflexez given by the force the th zenz wich allow thiz :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dOXkI0PKweM#t=60
(Exept than Revan iz more form V he not only juzt zwing hiz zword, he uze phyzical and mental zpeed enhancement, to calculate trajectory and then place hiz light zaber)
If he fight zomonez driven by impulzive action like malak example, he will relie on other zate of mind.
He will cazte ztrong emotionz, to hide hiz mind, driven teh action of hiz body will keeping the control. Heavly reliying on the 6th zenz offer by the force.
But zidiouz alzo uze teh zame technique exept than Revan iz more a mazter than zidiouz at thiz game..

Zidiouz cannot pazz Revan guard eazly Revan have force enhancement. And hiz gauntlet uze ztrong emotion or force power to act the golden gauntlet of link in ocarina of time.... Revan clothez ofer him an increaze tutaminiz, and act like the golden armor of link in twilight princezz....

In term of force reziztance, Revan force defencez, are juzt a forterezz, abzorbtion, a zuper maztery of tutaminiz, and alzo a maztery of the buble force zhield.
http://www.starwars-holonet.com/encyclopedie/technologie-bouclier-force.html
Very difficult to over power in fact I never zeen darth Revan or Revan reborn full potential be over powered by force attack when hiz defenzez were up...

And even after that Revan have hiz force heal.....

AncientPower
Revan needs speed feats on the level of Maul, Yoda, Luke or Windu to suggest otherwise.

Revanchiste

Zenwolf
Yes.

DarthAnt66
This thread gave Sony Ebola.

Marco1907
Saberblitz, yes.

Nephthys
http://cdn.hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/28/50900-Ellen-Page-shrug-gif-Tb30.gif

Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GrZzNbtjt7A#t=201
Revan like kreia needn't hiz eyz. He iz in perpetual communion with the force.
He can barely zee with hiz mazk...
Hiz perception are quazi inzane... Ad thiz to hiz zpeed.. XD !!!

Revanchiste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GrZzNbtjt7A#t=1278

But Revan iz a mâle that'z becauze he/zhe choze a femal character if you chooze a mâle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99aF0W-B2-c

Revan iz juzt a thirzty beazt of knowledge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GrZzNbtjt7A#t=1610

Wao peharpz Revan can do Giga drain wao Ant' theory waz true....

Feeding upon the death it cuazez ---> Dark The energy related to the force call dark !! HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

O.K He reuze the energy ztolen to zource hiz giga drain O.K !!!

ILS
Revan would blitz Sidious

Marco1907
Originally posted by ILS

Game mechanic blitz ?

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yes.

Going by strict feats. As with Dooku, though, I'd like to think he's capable of holding out before eventually being overwhelmed by Palpatine's speed.

Both Lucas and Mcdiarmid made it clear that Sidious is far faster than anyone of of his era, with Yoda and Mace being the only jedi capable of going toe to toe with him (Mace, because of the benefits of vapaad, going by the EU). Lucas concludes that the B-team were butchered so easily and quickly because they weren't Yoda or Mace. Mcdiarmid outright states that his character is over 100 times faster than any jedi when discussing his fight with Mace and the B-team, indicating that even a group of some of the jedis' best, in the prime of the jedi order, doesn't have a chance against Sidious even in pure sabers, hence the B-teams quick and easy slaughter. Revan would have to be head and shoulders above everyone in Sidious era, who isn't Yoda and Mace, in pure sabers, just as Dooku is.

DarthAnt66
KotOR Era is superior to the PT Era in terms of general power, strength, and combat ability.

DarthAnt66
1.) KotOR Era is even more so then the Clone Wars as the prime of the Jedi in terms of strength, confidence, and abilities.
"During this time, the Jedi Order is at the summit of its power and self-confidence... Knights of the Old Republic campaigns take place against a backdrop that captures everything that makes Star Wars unique. Even more so than in the Clone Wars, these are the days of the Jedi in their prime. They do battle with the evil Sith, and defend the galaxy against the Mandalorian hordes." --Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

2. KotOR Era is far more experienced, having been fighting in combat far longer then Clone Wars Jedi thanks to the Exar Kun wars and the Great Hunt afterwards...
There entire lifetime is purely war according to the source, compared to the Prequel Trilogy where a war on such a scale was non-existent since the time of Darth Bane.
"From one end of the Knights of the Old Republic era to the other, the galaxy is constantly torn by wars, and times of peace seem more rare then times of conflict. Most of the heroes in a Knights of the Old Republic campaign will have experienced nearly a lifetime of war, and have likely felt the rippling effect of massive battles and horrific devastation. As such, the face of the galaxy is much different than in the classic era; the advent of the Clone Wars was a major event in the galaxy, while the Republic has already been weathered two major major wars by the time the Jedi Civil War begins. More then just affecting the heroes, the constant warfare plaguing the galaxy has changed the face of the planets and their populations irrecoverably. Most planets have militias and defense forces that are significantly more powerful than they would have in peacetime." --Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

3.) KotOR Era Jedi have more experience fighting duelists and higher-class opponents then the PT Jedi. Normally, the only threat PT Jedi see on the battlefield are Battledroids, which are not comparable to Mandalorians or Sith Lords. Hell, we see numerous times in comics of Jedi being gunned down by a couple battledroids. Tyvokka and a large amount of Jedi killed during Order 66 is a disgraceful yet accurate example of this.
"The many wars of this era compel large numbers of Jedi to become experts in lightsaber and Force-related combat. Some become masters on the battlefield; others become highly skilled duelists, able to battle dark Jedi and Sith in single combat." --Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

4.) Dueling is a prime component of the galaxy's culture, unlike the widespread pacifists during the PT.
"Throughout the history of the galaxy, dueling has seen many degrees of acceptability, militarily, legally, and socially. Some cultures or subcultures regard dueling as an honorable and civilized method of settling disputes, but others see dueling as barbaric. During the Knights of the Old Republic era, melee combat has resurged, forcing many to study dueling as a means to survive on the battlefield. In fact, dueling is allowed on more civilized worlds then gladiatorial combat, given the higher cultural status dueling enjoys. The melee duelist specializes in fighting a single opponent. The melee duelist selects a primary weapon of choice, studying and practicing maneuvers, feints, and tricks to perfection. Competitive duelists train with several types weapons because they may not know ahead of time which types of weapons will be used in a duel. Battlefield duelists expand their abilities to take on small groups because they cannot depend on the luxury of fighting a single opponent in the middle of a skirmish." --Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
----- ----- ----- ----- -----
http://38.media.tumblr.com/1b39cd5b47acdafd84b5023739c692a0/tumblr_ndnxzbosjR1soytwyo1_500.jpg

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
KotOR Era is superior to the PT Era in terms of general power, strength, and combat ability.

Not according to Lucas.

Lucas >>>>>>>>>>> your opinion, and any source you can bring forth.

Marco1907
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Not according to Lucas.

Lucas >>>>>>>>>>> your opinion, and any source you can bring forth.

thumb up

DarthAnt66
Lucas' quote was before the KotOR or TOR era ever existed. It no longer holds any credibility.

The Merchant
Ant owning.

SIDIOUS 66
Also, order 66 is an example of what happens when the jedi are caught by surprise and their visions clouded by the dark side. Yoda indicates that the jedi of his time were battle ready and didn't expect to be taken out the way they were. Luke also refers to the PT era as the jedi at it's most powerful in the BotS, I believe. Just because an era is constantly torn by wars, doesn't prove they are better warriors or better trained. In fact, all the years of fighting and so much casualties would indicate that many didn't have time for proper and complete training, and were thrown in battle far too soon.

Marco1907
Lucas' quote was before the KotOR or TOR era ever existed. It no longer holds any credibility.

Right, I think that is why ToR era is canon now.

SIDIOUS 66

Doesn't mean anything, other than a newer and less credible source contradicting a much higher one.

DarthAnt66
Also, order 66 is an example of what happens when the jedi are caught by surprise and their visions clouded by the dark side.
Their precognition is so shit they couldn't sense a clonetrooper aiming a blaster at them? The entire galaxy of the KotOR era was immersed in darkness for a century, not sure how Palpatine compares.

Yoda indicates that the jedi of his time were battle ready and didn't expect to be taken out the way they were.
Character opinion doesn't outweigh sourcebooks, and tell me why I should care anyway?

Luke also refers to the PT era as the jedi at it's most powerful in the BotS, I believe.
Character opinion doesn't outweigh sourcebooks. Also, FOTJ suggests Luke has limited knowledge of the Jedi before the PT.
Just because an era is constantly torn by wars, doesn't prove they are better warriors or better trained. In fact, all the years of fighting and so much casualties would indicate that many didn't have time for proper and complete training, and were thrown in battle far too soon.
I see your reading comprehension is approximately 3rd grade level, so I'll explain personally...
The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide directly states the constant warfare made Jedi become masters in lightsaber and Force related combat, not the opposite. Understand:

"The many wars of this era compel large numbers of Jedi to become experts in lightsaber and Force-related combat. Some become masters on the battlefield; others become highly skilled duelists, able to battle dark Jedi and Sith in single combat." --Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
---
Basically your arguments directly contradict the canonical source. I accept your concession, and you are dismissed.

DarthAnt66
Doesn't mean anything, other than a newer and less credible source contradicting a much higher one.
It means everything. Lucas was basing his claim off of the current Jedi Order at the time... a order Revan was not apart of yet.

Marco1907
Just because an era is constantly torn by wars, doesn't prove they are better warriors or better trained. In fact, all the years of fighting and so much casualties would indicate that many didn't have time for proper and complete training, and were thrown in battle far too soon.

Interesting point tbh, I agreed.

DarthAnt66
Wtf, how the **** can you agree when the canon quote says the opposite?
You are like Chris Griffin incarnated into the real world, except lost the humor and replaced it with annoyance.

Marco1907
Hmm... Right, the ''canon'' quote.

DarthAnt66
Yeah... C-Canon. Why?

Marco1907
I was just kidding, because all of them are non-canon actually, while Lucas's PT movies and TCW animation is not.

Which is why Lucas's word >>>> any source you can provide.

DarthAnt66
Look at the forum your posting in and the canon policy, buddy boy.

Marco1907
@darthant66

Your attempt on wank to Kotor era would be a useless gesture, no matter what non-canon data you obtain. PT and TCW are now the ultimate power in the Star Wars universe, I suggest you accept it.

DarthAnt66
I accept your concession.

SIDIOUS 66
Ant, and nothing overrides a G-canon source. Deal with, and move on. This has no affect on Revan, though, since he survived a helluva lot, which you could probably make a case for basing it on that, but the other isn't up for debate. It doesn't stop you from defending Revan, though. Make your case for him.

Also, it's not Yoda's opinion if he was the one overseeing the jedi's training.

Palpatine more than compares, he immersed the galaxy in the dark side to a greater extent than anything or anyone before him, and the force itself agrees, which is why a chosen one was created to get rid of him.

Being overwhelmed by streams of likely bullet speed blasters, isn't much of a low showing, especially when they were caught unsuspected.

Aurbere
Look at the forum your posting in and the canon policy, buddy boy.

Well, I did a brief overview of the canon policy, and it doesn't exactly agree with you here. stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
@IHA66 So you concede that the KotOR era is superior to PT era in every aspect, but the only element holding you back in Lucas' 15 year old quote?
I guess that is good enough, I suppose. I wouldn't expect you to give up your PT bias, regardless of what argument anyone makes. Too much anal, I suppose.

DARTH POWER
Well you can't really talk about KOTOR and simultaneously talk about it being Non-Canon Legends.

If KOTOR's in the conversation then we are by default talking Legends Canon.

DarthAnt66
How are you talking too?

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Marco1907
thumb up

Yhea but when he ztill an artizt a true realizator not a big fat moneyman...

NewGuy01
IHA66? IHateAnt66? laughing

Revanchiste
Originally posted by ILS

He can with 1/10 or 4/10 with prep....
That'z not a lot but that'z pozzible.....

Also, order 66 is an example of what happens when the jedi are caught by surprise and their visions clouded by the dark side. Yoda indicates that the jedi of his time were battle ready and didn't expect to be taken out the way they were. Luke also refers to the PT era as the jedi at it's most powerful in the BotS, I believe. Just because an era is constantly torn by wars, doesn't prove they are better warriors or better trained. In fact, all the years of fighting and so much casualties would indicate that many didn't have time for proper and complete training, and were thrown in battle far too soon.

Or when Malak fire on Revan flagzhip alzo.... HK-47 zay it the element of zurpize iz a great tool againzt Jedi.... But hard to uze it muezt be an impulziv action if you cannot hide teh tragedy into the zhadow with your force power...

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
IHA66? IHateAnt66? laughing
IHaveAids66.
---
Obviously a friendly tease, I would never seriously insult my friend like that.

Marco1907
I wonder why no one wank Darth Bane despite the fact that he is the only canon Sith lord from the old era now, on the contrary we have anti-Bane carthage.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Yhea but when he ztill an artizt a true realizator not a big fat moneyman...

And George lucaz cannot argue againzt pure logic after multiple theory (which had been prooven..) it zhow than mozt of the Jedi in KotOR era are morz zkilled, (windu kenobi, and yoda are exeption, but we alzo have ulic queldroma lucien dray and Revan/ALek, but that'z more flagrent with ToR era, the battle againzt the true zith empire made the Jedi great fighter and dueling beazt....)

Revanchiste
Game mechanic blitz ?

Revan iz really able to blitz like he doezn in the game, he can alzo run and dazh to do the zame.. A tactic learned during the mandalorian war (Yhea he fight guy with gun mozt of the time, he have a light zaber.. Driving him clozer iz a good element...

But honneztly the probability iz completly ridiculouz he need to completly ztealth hiz prezence and mind....

"
Their precognition is so shit they couldn't sense a clonetrooper aiming a blaster at them? The entire galaxy of the KotOR era was immersed in darkness for a century, not sure how Palpatine compares."

Ant ... They where out number and taken in zandwich between too army with tank...

The clone mentality haz been devlopped to be totaly ztealth to Jedi...

Plapatine plane teh operation but the war waz coming the war waz a diztraction for Jedi preco like when Revan waz fighting the ztrike team on hiz flag zhip (but Malak never planned it I have to admit.. If he had planned he will be a dead man...)

"Originally posted by Marco1907
Interesting point tbh, I agreed. "

What ????? But They are dueling zith and Jedi more than golde era ddoez in clone warwhile fighting the zame mazziv armiez.. AFter due that'z rude and crude law of the nature, any neo Darwinizt will tell you the zame thin : the ztrongezt zurvive.

quote: (post)
Luke also refers to the PT era as the jedi at it's most powerful in the BotS, I believe.

Mozt devlopped era in term of peace culture etc... But clearly not the mozt powerfull...

Revanchiste

Revanchiste
Ant, and nothing overrides a G-canon source. Deal with, and move on. This has no affect on Revan, though, since he survived a helluva lot, which you could probably make a case for basing it on that, but the other isn't up for debate. It doesn't stop you from defending Revan, though. Make your case for him.

Also, it's not Yoda's opinion if he was the one overseeing the jedi's training.

Palpatine more than compares, he immersed the galaxy in the dark side to a greater extent than anything or anyone before him, and the force itself agrees, which is why a chosen one was created to get rid of him.

Being overwhelmed by streams of likely bullet speed blasters, isn't much of a low showing, especially when they were caught unsuspected.

Canon work on a fan conzenzuz.... I'm more with the holonet conzenzuz.
Thiz iz the ztar war I love and enjoy.

Trocity
I wonder why no one wank Darth Bane

Because Darth Bane sucks.

Emperordmb
Really Trocity? You're one of those people?

NewGuy01
Who isn't, these days?

Conform or perish, DMB.

carthage
Bane has no feats to put him above any high tier duelist and his force feats literally all occur on nexuses. He is mediocre and does indeed suck compared to the guys he usually is grouped with.

Trocity is right on the money, and Sidious would blitz Bane as well

Revanchiste
Revan iz cappable of giga drain tha haz been confirm zince Malachor V !!!

But he prefer rely on the flow of the force which go through him... To keep a ztable mentale mind to not be dependent like nihiluz, to keep iz mind zain !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GrZzNbtjt7A#t=2816

Humhum....

Marco1907
Who would win ? Ghost Qui-Gon or Ghost Bane ?

gkboBJsKCX0

Happy Dance

cx2m-zX9mJk

WildBantha88
This thread is exactly what I imagined it to be. Revan wankers are doing what they do best. And it depends on if Sidious is serious or just toying. Serious Sidious would butch Revan pretty damn fast

Marco1907
Originally posted by WildBantha88
And it depends on if Sidious is serious or just toying.

Sidious is always serious and has morals off, he is a ''Sith Lord'' ...

And yeah Sidious saberblitz Revan (like Kolar or Tiin), due to Revan being an inferior swordsman than even Kit Fisto or Savage Opress.

Revanchiste
He will jzut laugh az Revan did with Canderouz...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=svE07xYOx4E#t=2876

Yhea true for zeriouz zidiouz it will be a mental warfare... (Like in the duel of the after muzic, if you can underztand zanzkrit....)
Exept than they are juzt az equal to thiz game employing the zame technicz...

psmith81992
This thread is exactly what I imagined it to be. Revan wankers are doing what they do best. And it depends on if Sidious is serious or just toying. Serious Sidious would butch Revan pretty damn fast

Sounds like somebody is a Sidious wanker.

WildBantha88
Sidious is one of those guys who actually deserves to be wanked. The number of people, excluding the ones, that are capable of giving him a good fight can be counted on a single hand. And Revan isnt among them

DarthAnt66

DarthAnt66
Probably forgetting some but all of these can at least give Sidious a good fight. Not seeing the "single-hand" at all here: Terror from Beyond, Mother, Soa, Sel-Makor, Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos, Exar Kun, Revan, Vitiate, Darth Nihilus, Darth Bane, Yoda, Darth Plagueis, Mace Windu, Mother Talzin, Luke Skywalker, Tsavong Lah, Shimrra Jamaane, Darth Caedus, and Darth Krayt.

WildBantha88
Lol 90% of them could not. Sidious put down a force enraged Maul like it was his day job

DarthAnt66
I lol'ed. Now I see why no one, not even people from your forums, take your seriously anymore.
im not sure if its because you typ lik dis with no punctuation eva, or just that you're a load of barnacles.

SIDIOUS 66
you are dismissed.

That's my line.

No, I just don't care enough to read most of what you type thoroughly, especially when a conclusion has been made on the subject.

I have a G-canon source on my end, while you have c-canon sources on yours, which contradict G-canon (a higher level of canon), making those statements from your sources irrelevant. The subsequent sentences to the contradictory statements can apply to a great number of PT jedi as well. After all, there's a reason many of them are considered some of the greatest in history, which includes the era you wank so hard, though they weren't as experienced in war or going toe to toe with other sith, but the same can be said about Darth Maul, who is confirmed in several sources as the most highly trained and skilled sith lords of all time, yet wasn't experienced in war nor did he face a large number of jedi when he received majority of those accolades.

Are you scared to provide an argument for Revan, without the backing of Skillz or Neph?

DarthAnt66
Gez, reading your post made Bantha's look like Temp's. I'll reply though.

SIDIOUS 66
Lol 90% of them could not. Sidious put down a force enraged Maul like it was his day job

Yep, and he'd do Revan the same way.

WildBantha88
I lol'ed. Now I see why no one, not even people from your forums, take your seriously anymore.
im not sure if its because you typ lik dis with no punctuation eva, or just that you're a load of barnacles. I can type lak this off you want. But I lol every time you make a post involving Revan. Your fanboyism has become worship

SIDIOUS 66
Gez, reading your post made Bantha's look like Temp's. I'll reply though.

Just make a case for Revan.

DarthAnt66
That's my line.
No, it's not.

No, I just don't care enough to read most of what you type thoroughly, especially w hen a conclusion has been made on the subject.
laughing I accept your concession, then.

I have a G-canon source on my end, while you have c-canon sources on yours, which contradict G-canon (a higher level of canon), making those statements from your sources irrelevant. The subsequent sentences to the contradictory statements can apply to a great number of PT jedi as well. After all, there's a reason many of them are considered some of the greatest in history, which includes the era you wank so hard, though they weren't as experienced in war or going toe to toe with other sith,
Yeah so, really you cannot form an argument that shows the PT is superior to KotOR besides hiding behind a 15 year old quote.
It bewilders me how you can consider that canonical when entire ERA's of Jedi have not even been explored or discovered yet at all.

but the same can be said about Darth Maul, who is confirmed in several sources as the most highly trained and skilled sith lords of all time, yet wasn't experienced in war nor did he face a large number of jedi when he received majority of those accolades.
I was unaware Prequel Trilogy Jedi were trained from infancy as and ultimate fighting an assassin machine. My apologies.

Are you scared to provide an argument for Revan, without the backing of Skillz or Neph?
Nephthys hardly debates Revan, and Skillz just grabs what I already wrote and flavors it with some PT wank so you will actually read it.
If you want to have a Revan argument, first read my respect thread and his lightsaber abilities threads to have some basic understanding first.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What exactly is going on here?

Emperordmb
Sidious is one of those guys who actually deserves to be wanked. The number of people, excluding the ones, that are capable of giving him a good fight can be counted on a single hand. And Revan isnt among them
And the number of people who'd take him for a majority including the ones is also countable on a single hand.

DarthAnt66
@Skillz S66 trying to claim PT>KotOR by using a 1998 quote, so I laughed at him, and he got mad, etc etc.
At the minute just waiting for DMB or the like to jump in and defend Bantha, then my night will be complete.
EDIT: That came sooner then expected.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What exactly is going on here? Ant is being immature

DarthAnt66
Totally.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I must admit, I did kind of laugh at the notion the only people who can give Palpatine a good fight is countable on a single hand.

NewGuy01
I can type lak this off you want. But I lol every time you make a post involving Revan. Your fanboyism has become worship

It became worship long before you even knew him, brother.

Are you implying Ant is ever mature? laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
Are you implying Ant is ever mature? laughing out loud
Silly people.

NewGuy01
Indeed.

Aurbere
I must admit, I did kind of laugh at the notion the only people who can give Palpatine a good fight is countable on a single hand.

Well, I think it depends on what could be considered a 'good fight'. If we exclude The Ones or any Force entity like Abeloth, then the argument could be made that they could only be counted on a single hand.

SIDIOUS 66
What exactly is going on here?

Not much. Ant just giving me the swine flu.

DarthAnt66
Gooood. Embrace my jokes.

carthage
Darth Bane wouldnt even give Kit Fisto a good fight, if he'd even stepped in front of Sidious, Sidious's laugh would echo in Bane's head, conjure images of his dad, and Bane would die of a heart attack.

Revanchiste
But Bane performed a deadly field.. He iz not zo bad... (But that waz near a nexuz...)

Revanchiste
That's my line.

No, I just don't care enough to read most of what you type thoroughly, especially when a conclusion has been made on the subject.

I have a G-canon source on my end, while you have c-canon sources on yours, which contradict G-canon (a higher level of canon), making those statements from your sources irrelevant. The subsequent sentences to the contradictory statements can apply to a great number of PT jedi as well. After all, there's a reason many of them are considered some of the greatest in history, which includes the era you wank so hard, though they weren't as experienced in war or going toe to toe with other sith, but the same can be said about Darth Maul, who is confirmed in several sources as the most highly trained and skilled sith lords of all time, yet wasn't experienced in war nor did he face a large number of jedi when he received majority of those accolades.

I have a conzenzuz canon about Revan we worked on together !!!!! It iz more complete (but we have not the 3.0).
That'z more holy than any any demonic money bulzhit.

Conzenzuz canon = Holy graal.

Selenial
Originally posted by The Merchant
Ant owning.

psmith81992
Sidious wankers upset that others are wanking another character. Funny hypocrisy.

Marco1907

The_Tempest
Originally posted by psmith81992
Sidious wankers upset that others are wanking another character. Funny hypocrisy.

Assuming that both parties are indeed "wankers" and taking into account that both parties have made remarks in this thread that could be construed by an outsider as "upset," then the hypocrisy would run both ways. wink

Your newfound hate of Sidious is silly. I still remember all those threads in which you proudly and persistently defended His Imperial Majesty against all enemies, foreign and domestic. big grin

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Something tells me that Revan comes first for our fine beefy friend. He'd only defended your galactic emperor because revan didn't have this much exposure or aspects to wank, until now.

Nephthys

The_Tempest
Something tells me that Revan comes first for our fine beefy friend. He'd only defended your galactic emperor because revan didn't have this much exposure or aspects to wank, until now.

If what you say is true, that would make Beefy a coward. And Beefy is 100% American, not French. uhuh

Marco1907
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lmao, what an idiot.

Sidious toying claims are just that stupid if he is denying his own rule here.

DARTH POWER

It was like Mace vs. Sidious duel, only Sidious won this time, what so funny ? Maul even kicked that old bastard's torso.

It was no comparison to the Mace fight at all.

Maul was doing his very best just to hold his own in Sabers, whilst Mace actually overpowered Sidious in Sabers.

Maul was being tossed around pretty easily by Sidious. He was never able to do anything even close to that to Mace.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Maul was being tossed around pretty easily by Sidious.

excellent

DP, when's Marco gonna realize that Sidious utterly curbstomped Maul without going all out?

DARTH POWER
That being said I have no doubt that Maul would put up a pretty decent fight against Windu (the guy who beat Sidious). Not that he could beat Windu or anything. He would still lose every time to Windu, but would make Windu work hard for the win every time as well IMHO.

Nephthys
That being said I have no doubt that Maul would put up a pretty decent fight against Windu (the guy who beat Sidious).

Because he already did?

Trocity

Trocity

Marco1907
Originally posted by Nephthys
Because he already did?

True. thumb up

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11113/111137054/3971144-sdfsdfsd.jpg

Originally posted by Trocity
he's so powerful and so fast he can afford to have some fun.

Hmm.. Like he did against Windu ? What a fun it was.

It was no comparison to the Mace fight at all.

Maul was doing his very best just to hold his own in Sabers, whilst Mace actually overpowered Sidious in Sabers.

Maul was being tossed around pretty easily by Sidious. He was never able to do anything even close to that to Mace.

Saber lock in the end, similar to what happened with Windu and Sidious, IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w1K1LWxJF9M#t=20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2iPgsvbMzdE#t=35

Trocity
Sidious confirmed physically stronger than Maul.

DARTH POWER

psmith81992
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Assuming that both parties are indeed "wankers" and taking into account that both parties have made remarks in this thread that could be construed by an outsider as "upset," then the hypocrisy would run both ways. wink

Your newfound hate of Sidious is silly. I still remember all those threads in which you proudly and persistently defended His Imperial Majesty against all enemies, foreign and domestic. big grin

I don't see "hate" on my part, but wankers/homers are quick to abuse that word. Not surprising.

Marco1907

Except Mace won, but Filoni's outright confirmed Maul had no chance at winning that fight.

Windu could've lost as just as easy, It was very a heated battle duel, Infact Windu would take a minority against Sidious and probably that minority happened.

DARTH POWER
Windu could've lost as just as easy, It was very a heated battle duel, Infact Windu would take a minority against Sidious and probably that minority happened.

I agree. But point is Windu could win that minority, but from the sounds of it Maul could never win.

Best Maul could do in Sabers against Sidious is just hold his own or defend himself tbh.

SIDIOUS 66

He was wanking Vitiate before Vitiate had a name, when all we knew of the character was that he was a hooded mysterious figure.
laughing out loud

SIDIOUS 66
Sidious toying claims are just that stupid if he is denying his own rule here.

Marco, when we say toying, what do you think we mean by it?

Also, I'd have to go back through the Plagueis novel, but I think Sidious was more worried about their existence being discovered on account of Maul toying with his victims. There's always a risk, but it's common among sadistic sith, and IIRC, later on in the same scene, Palpatine muses about being guilty of doing the same, not to mention he outright confirms in RoDV that he likes using a jedi weapon to mock his opponent (of course he only mentioned jedi, but it confirms his demeanor and behavior regarding far lesser opponents) and beat them in what they are best at, as he is beyond most force users and doesn't need a lightsaber to destroy them.

DarthAnt66
AidsBoy got slaughtered by me in this thread. Thank you to those who supported me. thumb up

The_Tempest
Pfft, you're not the first person to try to overrule Lucas with a random sourcebook. Not only did you lose the argument, I can't even award you points for originality.

However, your argument, however misguided and errant, was scholarly in its own way and 10x better than Neph's patented "no shut up i don't hear youuuuu!" dishonest approach to that particular quote.

So you're better than Neph, if that means anything. 131

ILS
Marco, when we say toying, what do you think we mean by it?

Also, I'd have to go back through the Plagueis novel, but I think Sidious was more worried about their existence being discovered on account of Maul toying with his victims. There's always a risk, but it's common among sadistic sith, and IIRC, later on in the same scene, Palpatine muses about being guilty of doing the same, not to mention he outright confirms in RoDV that he likes using a jedi weapon to mock his opponent (of course he only mentioned jedi, but it confirms his demeanor and behavior regarding far lesser opponents) and beat them in what they are best at, as he is beyond most force users and doesn't need a lightsaber to destroy them. Yeah, Plagueis confesses to the guy he kills with midichlorian manipulation that he's a Sith Lord and spends time toying with him and talking to him before killing him gradually. Maul granted Alexi Garyn a similar luxury, difference being Alexi was Force sensitive which apparently allowed him to slash Maul. Sidious was pissed at Maul for doing it and when he told Plagueis about Maul confessing/toying with him, Plagueis was like "well if he's dead, who cares?"

The_Tempest
*King Veruna

DarthAnt66
You taking that as a quote yet acknowledging :
1.) The quote is from 1998, 15 years ago.
2.) The quote is before KotOR, TOR, or LE.
3.) The quote is a strict Lucas universe quote.
Is honestly an automatic concession on your part.

The_Tempest
You taking that as a quote yet acknowledging :
1.) The quote is from 1998, 15 years ago.
2.) The quote is before KotOR, TOR, or LE.
3.) The quote is a strict Lucas universe quote.
It honestly an automatic concession on your part.

There's no statute of limitations on Lucas quotes. And as I've had to explain to Stealth_Moose {among others} for years now, Lucas is/was not beholden to the EU, but the EU is/was beholden to Lucas.

In other words, it was always Lucas > EU, never the other way around. What he said was Word of God. He didn't have to consider other EU eras to exercise creator fiat.

thumb up

Lucas said the PT was the golden age of the Jedi. Obviously Jedi existed prior to the PT {"over a thousand generations" and all that}. Thus the PT is the golden age of the Jedi. It doesn't matter what some obscure sourcebook had to say on the subject. Lucas was very clear.

Tl;dr: S66 was right, you/Neph are wrongwrongwrong, and you need to do a lot better to labor your point. stoned

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
However, your argument, however misguided and errant, was scholarly in its own way and 10x better than Neph's patented "no shut up i don't hear youuuuu!" dishonest approach to that particular quote.

So you're better than Neph, if that means anything. 131

That's not my argument. My argument was that we look at the context in which Lucas is talking and what specifically he is referring to. Even you admitted to frank confusion about what the quote actually means when you did that.

DarthAnt66
That logic is honestly why North Korea continues to hack Sony...
You can't win in this argument, KotOR never existed. His quote was based on existing eras.
Scratch that. His quote was based on the OT. He directly stated he views the EU as a different universe.
You or AidsBoy were unable to formulate an argument of PT's superiority over KotOR without hiding behind a 1998 quote.

The_Tempest
That logic is honestly why North Korea continues to hack Sony...

wat

You can't win in this argument,

laughing out loud

KotOR never existed. His quote was based on existing eras.

facepalm

Scratch that. His quote was based on the OT. He directly stated he views the EU as a different universe.
You or AidsBoy were unable to formulate an argument of PT's superiority over KotOR without hiding behind a 1998 quote.

The same OT established that the Jedi order existed for at least over a thousand generations, putting the KotOR era well in its reach. And Lucas says the PT was the prime. He envisioned it that way. He winssssssss.

Nephthys
Another thought: Could we not say that Lucas' statement doesn't exclusively refer to the PT, but to the pre-Empire Jedi in general? The whole period before Oder 66 could therefore be seen as their Golden Age.

Just a thought, not sure how viable that is.

DarthAnt66
Get me a post 2003 quote saying PT over KotOR and I'll concede. Otherwise, you automatically lose by default.
Admit the Prequel Trilogy's limitations, restrictions, failure, weakness, and inferiority. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

ILS
Creator and sourcebook statements are cancer

Revanchiste
Originally posted by ILS
Creator and sourcebook statements are cancer

Deep analyze and logic and debate + conzenzuz iz god or holynezz.

Revan like all Jedi of malachor iz able to do the zame technic than ztarkiller. Remember in the game when you kill ztorm trooperz you regain life.... There iz a power of inztant drain by killing, it uze an energy call Dark to drain and abozrbe life energy zpontainiouzly. Dark iz a energy generate by deztruction it create an echoz in the force...

After a conzenzuz we declare thiz abilty canon. But Revan don't uze it too much to keep iz mind zane.

Thiz iz the power of plauzible theoriez....

S_W_LeGenD
Nobody can blitz Revan, nobody. Revan is immensely competent in all aspects of combat contrary to popular belief.

Revan is likely to present real challenge to Darth Sidious unlike that embarrassing muppet.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Revan is likely to present real challenge to Darth Sidious unlike that embarrassing muppet.

(Lol) No, Revan would not be a challenge to Sidious. Sidious isn't Vitiate.

While, I don't think Sidious can blitz Revan, just as I don't believe he'd blitz Dooku, but I'd like to see an actual argument to prove the notion that he can't rather than some links to his respect threads.

Trocity
That Muppet is >>> Revan tbh

NewGuy01
thumb up Basically.

TheDarthBoy
Until everyone has a solid theory on revan i dont know, I truly dont want to believe sids would blitz him though. Also Ant your one of the biggest Revanites here...........like me but with crazier knowledge if you could put revan on par skills within the SW universe in saber combat who would he be truly over and be truly under...........seriously this needs to be topic of its own. Revans power theory

S_W_LeGenD

S_W_LeGenD
Based on?

thumb up Basically.
No.

SIDIOUS 66

S_W_LeGenD
And that assumption is misplaced.

DARTH POWER
Whose the Muppet?

DarthAnt66
Darth Bandon.

psmith81992
If a list of "stupid things said in 2014" was to be made, you'd be the biggest contributor.

DarthAnt66
http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/hk/jG9YQrnwtLh7MbaxRlKXH8wceQ/www.myhealthtips.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/493x335xMinor-Burns.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yWYCpyS0P6PfOAXUKo3D.jpg
I'm putting that in my profile bio. laughing out loud

NewGuy01
What is it that makes bland, unoriginal insults so goddamn hilarious when S66 is involved, Ant? Gotta say, this is a consistent trend with you, tbh.

DarthAnt66
How was that bland and unoriginal? That was mad funny.

SIDIOUS 66
It's only funny if you consider the source.

Ant, you're lame, kiddo.

psmith81992
It's only funny if you consider the source.

Ant, you're lame, kiddo.

And you're still a sad joke. laughing out loud

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by psmith81992
And you're still a sad joke. laughing out loud

Really, how? Explain.

SIDIOUS 66
Now he suddenly disappeared. Lol

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ant's got mad hate boiling for S66 atm

DarthAnt66
He's more of a "oh him again, time to make fun of him" rather then actual hate.

Dark-Kenshin
Not according to Lucas.

Lucas >>>>>>>>>>> your opinion, and any source you can bring forth. Big fan of this DarthAnt fellow, thus figured I'd lend him a hand. big grin

Lucas refers to the PT era as the golden age of the jedi. However, Ant makes a pretty fair point. Logically, the group of Jedi who engage enemy force wields en masse on a regular basis would probably be superior in the area of direct saber and force combat. To add, Ant presents a canonical source to bolster his claim.

Fortunately for Ante, one can easily accept both Lucas and the KOTOR guidebook claims without contradiction. Indeed, there are multiple ways of assessing power and the golden age comment can be interpreted as indication that the PT Jedi Order has certain advantages over previous orders. In particular, the Jedi order was not marred by an equally powerful Sith Order and maintained a great deal of influence over the galaxy. What's more, for a vast number of years, the PT order was able to maintain a peaceful galaxy as well as recruit a wide range of force sensitives with diverse abilities. In that way, it far surpasses the order in the days of KOTOR and TOR.

Revanchiste

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.