ROTS Sidious/Dooku/Grievous vs. Talzin, Maul, Ventress, Savage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Normal Fight

Roun 2: The brothers and Ventress are amped by Talzin's magic

Battle takes place on neutral ground

McP
We should define first, how powerful Talzin really was. After SoD, i'm not really sure, if she was at her peak when she fought Sidious. Also, I really doubt, that she was at her peak when she fought Windu as well.

Revanchiste
ZoD= alternative ztory line, not totaly non canon but... You zhould zource you on thiz only in extreme caze...

DARTH POWER
Off Dathomir Talzin was Windu's equal.

I'd guess team 1 takes this, but there are a few wild factors like Maul and Grievous.

But Sidious takes Talzin, and Dooku takes Opress+Ventress.

Maul obviously takes Grievous, but there might be some mix and match going on. Like Sidious may match Talzin and Maul together. Which leaves Grievous to help anyone who needs it.

So yeah Team 1 should take it.

Marco1907
@DP

How Dooku can take Opress and Ventress at the same time ? There is no way that Dooku can win against a more powerful Opress & Ventress at the same time, stalemate at best.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Marco1907
@DP

How Dooku can take Opress and Ventress at the same time ? There is no way that Dooku can win against a more powerful Opress & Ventress at the same time, stalemate at best.

Same way he was beating Anakin and Obi-Wan on Oba Diah. Add in Force Powers and Dooku has it in a more open environment. Dooku needs space to operate at his best in Sabers, since his lack of generating kinetic energy means he needs to give ground, and maneuver around a lot, using his mobility to it's fullest.

Also his Tk becomes much more useful if there are objects around to chuck. You saw how easily he lifted all those Orbalisks.

But yeah at the very least a stalemate. No way Ventress/Opress are beating him Imho.

McP
@DP

I'm not convinced. According to Maul, Talzin gave much of herself to heal him. At that point, she was still weakened when she fought Windu.

It's also possible, that she wasn't at her peak after her comeback in SoD.

Marco1907
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Same way he was beating Anakin and Obi-Wan on Oba Diah. Add in Force Powers and Dooku has it in a more open environment. Dooku needs space to operate at his best in Sabers, since his lack of generating kinetic energy means he needs to give ground, and maneuver around a lot, using his mobility to it's fullest.

Also his Tk becomes much more useful if there are objects around to chuck. You saw how easily he lifted all those Orbalisks.

But yeah at the very least a stalemate. No way Ventress/Opress are beating him Imho.

The problem is Savage & Asajj actually are better threat for Dooku, because both of them are very mobile and agile offensive fighters, on the other hand Kenobi's offensive ataru is kind of useless against Dooku and Anakin is not using his djem-so in 2 v 1 properly. Comparing Anakin & Obi-Wan duel with Savage & Ventress duels make no sense here, as I said they are not the same type fighters.

Not to mention Anakin is capable of soloing Dooku in TCW,

kSO1SjHQfCA

clearly Anakin and Obi-Wan is not make a good team against Dooku. Same with Savage, Savage was soloing Anakin & Obi-Wan in a same way.

dmbMZyvdYtM

McP
Savage and mobile/agile is like black and white. Like light and dark. Like maul and Kenobi.

Savae is not mobile, nor fast, nor agile.

DARTH POWER
The problem is Savage & Asajj actually are better threat for Dooku, because both of them are very mobile and agile offensive fighters, on the other hand Kenobi's offensive ataru is kind of useless against Dooku and Anakin is not using his djem-so in 2 v 1 properly. Comparing Anakin & Obi-Wan duel with Savage & Ventress duels make no sense here, as I said they are not the same type fighters.

Not to mention Anakin is capable of soloing Dooku in TCW,

clearly Anakin and Obi-Wan is not make a good team against Dooku. Same with Savage, Savage was soloing Anakin & Obi-Wan in a same way.

Anakin never solo'd Dooku in TCW. He kicked him on the floor once, with which Dooku repaid him with a good dose of FL. And it wasn't anywhere near as lethal as the kick Dooku gave Skywalker in ROTS mind you.

Also this:

Originally posted by McP
Savage and mobile/agile is like black and white. Like light and dark. Like maul and Kenobi.

The only real threat Dooku faces from Opress and Ventress is if Opress goes into his Rage mode again. But then he might just lash out at Ventress as well, in which case it's a 3 way and I'd still give Dooku the best chances of winning that 3 way.

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP

Savae is not mobile, nor fast, nor agile.

Ah yes he is, that what makes him powerful. That is why he was beating Asajj Ventress and Plo Koon, without speed he couldn't do it. Or he couldn't saberblitz Tatsu and Knox.

Just look at this, and you can see how agile Savage really is ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-7hBZNsPnyg#t=157

Same for his attack on Dooku, he couldn't wreck Dooku without speed and momentum here ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2S2bY8JY5Fk#t=9

Do you see how he is jumping on Dooku ? 0:12

Or he couldn't react at Anakin & Obi-Wan at the same time, Savage is very fast.

DARTH POWER
Ah yes he is, that what makes him powerful. That is why he was beating Asajj Ventress and Plo Koon, without speed he couldn't do it. Or he couldn't saberblitz Tatsu and Knox.

Just look at this, and you can see how agile Savage really is ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-7hBZNsPnyg#t=158

I agree he's fast. But his agility/manevarbility isn't on the level of Maul/Kenobi/Dooku.

Doing a summersault far above Sidious doesn't change that.

McP
Anakin never solo'd Dooku in TCW. He kicked him on the floor once, with which Dooku repaid him with a good dose of FL.

There is a possibility, that Dooku would be able to ends Anakin's life after that FL attack. But he couldn't do that in front of Palpatine eyes. Anyway, he took an advantage oer Anakin, while not even trying to kill him. He just should took Palpatine on his back and run to she ship.
But he was too arrogant to admit that Anakin was a real treat for him.
So his mission to capture Palpatine failed.
But on the other hand, he didn't expect Obi-Wan's entrance as well.

Marco1907
But his agility/manevarbility isn't on the level of Maul/Kenobi/Dooku.

Yes he is, that is why he was soloing Anakin and Obi-Wan, it seems that you are giving too much credit for soloing Anakin and Obi-Wan, so here it is ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmbMZyvdYtM

Skill and balance is a kind of different than actual agility and mobility, Savage and Asajj are faster than Kenobi in that area, but Kenobi is more skilled and balanced, but then again, Kenobi's skill and balance kind of useless against Count.

DARTH POWER
Yes he is, that is why he was soloing Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time, it seems that you are giving too much credit for soloing Anakin and Obi-Wan, so here it is ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmbMZyvdYtM

There was hardly a Lightsaber fight there. A couple of clashes, and just jumping from 1 platform to another.

Kenobi and Skywalker could have killed him with their Sabers when they jumped on his back, so clearly they were just trying to restrain him.

Opress has never defeated either Skywalker or Kenobi. Even when he was rage enhanced, he was loosing, because one of them hit him (they cut his horn). If the fight continued they likely would have kept hitting him in different places and Savage would have died.

Skill and balance is a kind of different than actual agility and mobility, Savage and Asajj are faster than Kenobi in that area, but Kenobi is more skilled and balanced, but then again, Kenobi's skill and balance kind of useless against Count.

They're all useless against the Count 1 v 1. It would take 2 of them to even challenge him. Although Savage's strength will give him trouble in a 2 v 1.

Revanchiste
TWC 2008 = fan zervice zo :
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/73/2d/e5/732de56987460dde99d40a9bfc7c75cb.jpg

NewGuy01
Well, let's take a look at this.

Last time it started out as Talzin and Maul vs Sidious and Grievous; Talzin was losing to Sidious, but Maul defeated Grievous and went to aid her. This was to no avail, however, because Dooku also went to Palpatine's aid--but this time Savage and Ventress are there to disrupt that.

So really, this could probably go either way, but I'd probably roll with Team 1 more often than not.

McP
Originally posted by NewGuy01
This was to no avail, however, because Dooku also went to Palpatine's aid--but this time Savage and Ventress are there to disrupt that.

Dooku was probably weakened by Sidious' lightning.
It can be questioned if Talzin was at her peak.
And this time the fight is on neutral ground.

Angelalex242
Sidious blitzes the weakest members on team 2 before they or his teammates can even move.

At that point, team Sidious has a numbers advantage AND far and away the strongest fighter on the field.

Team 1, solidly. Even with the amps.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Sidious blitzes the weakest members on team 2 before they or his teammates can even move.

No one here is Tiin or Kolar. Both Ventress and Savage are good as Fisto, in fact Savage already proved he is better than Fisto against Sheev.

McP
^
I wouldn't say, that Fisto was above Kolar or Tiin. He just had much more time to react, as he was the last Jedi that was attacked by Sidious. And he had Mace on his side.

Anyway, even if Sidious would be able to blitz Savage or Assaj, I doubt that Talzin would let that happen. Talzin probably would attack him with her lightning, and Sidious' answer would be his own lightning.
If this is Talzin from SoD, then on neutral ground Sidious would be able to overhelm her much faster. So Talzin's team have to react somehow.

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP
^
I wouldn't say, that Fisto was above Kolar or Tiin. He just had much more time to react, as he was the last Jedi that was attacked by Sidious. And he had Mace on his side.

Actually, in RotS Novel, Fisto and Windu managed to fight together a little longer than the Movie, and Gillard said that they had to make short that fight sequence in the movie due to time limit, so yeah Fisto was one level ahead of Tiin and Kolar.

In the comic book, similar to novel. Tiin and Kolar dies at the same time, while Fisto actually fought for a while.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-EpisodeIII-RevengeoftheSith03-05_zps10ab0c43.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-EpisodeIII-RevengeoftheSith03-06_zps03d16e67.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/StarWars-EpisodeIII-RevengeoftheSith03-07_zps3312647e.jpg

ILS
Kit Fisto >> Maul tbh

Marco1907
ILS, secret Sidious fanboy >> pathetic tbh

McP
@Marco

It was not because of Fisto's superior skill. In the comic and book, Sidious catched them off-guard. Fisto saw how Sidious killed them, and was a bit more prepered for his speed then those two.

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP
@Marco

It was not because of Fisto's superior skill. In the comic and book, Sidious catched them off-guard. Fisto saw how Sidious killed them, and was a bit more prepered for his speed then those two.

Caught them off guard ? Tiin and Kolar at the same time ? They already knew Sidious was a sith lord, and they knew he was going to attack them. I don't see any caught by off guard here.

McP
By surprise in the comic, and off-guard in the book.
They tried to arrest him at that point.

Marco1907
You can catch one of them by surprise, but two ? I highly doubt that.

DARTH POWER
Caught them off guard ? Tiin and Kolar at the same time ? They already knew Sidious was a sith lord, and they knew he was going to attack them. I don't see any caught by off guard here.

Tbf he probably bullrushed those 2. And neither of them had Windu fighting alongside them.

Both Ventress and Savage are good as Fisto, in fact Savage already proved he is better than Fisto against Sheev.

Both Ventress and Savage > Fisto tbh.

Marco1907

Both Ventress and Savage > Fisto tbh.

In dueling only ? I agree with dueling, but in overall they are comparable sword fighters tbh.

ILS
Fisto >>> Maul and Savage tbh

DARTH POWER
In dueling only ? I agree with dueling, but in overall they are comparable sword fighters tbh.

What's the difference?

I think they're both better than Fisto in Saber/Physical combat and in the Force.

Ventress was =/> Luminara who according to the official site was known for her "Incredible" Saber skills. And Ventress had grown more powerful since then.

She was also > Fisto in Cestus Deception. And again has been confirmed to have grown more powerful since then.

And Opress overpowered end of S4 Ventress. Although tbf she was restricted to 1 Saber and not her usual style.

Marco1907
What's the difference?

Big difference here is lightsaber styles. Ventress is not a very special sword fighter in my point of view, but she is very good at dueling. And that is because her style makashi. Same for Fisto, he is very good in overall but sucks at dueling due to shii-cho's incompetency at lightsaber to lightsaber duels.

Being a sword master is not all about dueling, there are more threats than just lightsaber wielder opponents, such as blaster wielder opponents or wild creatures, droids etc.

DARTH POWER
^ Ah I see the difference you're making.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.