Cops being murdered

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Two more cops murdered in cold blood in New York by none less then black thugs seeking revenge because some of their "brothers" were killed.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-cops-shot-execution-style-in-brooklyn/

Oneness
Three got shot in the Ferguson riots I fail to see how anywhere else on the planet is as active or crazy as the area in which I live, you POS biattchh

I am reppin' for my hometown, everyone is a pusssy compared to me, byaaach!

ahaaa!

**** YOU!

Lestov16
I don't believe violence solves violence, but after what happened with Garner, my sympathy levels are remarkably low.

NemeBro
You don't condone painting all black people with the same brush as violent thugs who are mean young men.

Why then can you not feel sympathy for the families of two police officers that, as far as I know, have not demonstrated any of the bigotry or douchebaggery cops are known for?

Lord Lucien
Guilt by association is the type of things that dictators and scumbags lobby for.

Omega Vision
I feel like TI is trying to make this a black vs. white thing, when really it's a crazy person thing.

vansonbee
I read that the 2 cops killed were Hispanic and Asian, sad days for multicultural diversity when a black guy can't tell the differences between whites and the rest of us rainbow people.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I feel like TI is trying to make this a black vs. white thing, when really it's a crazy person thing. That it was an Asian and Hispanic cop who were killed makes his chromovision of questionable value.

Oneness
I feel like TI is trying to make this a black vs. white thing, when really it's a crazy person thing. hahahaha

Once again, Omega Vision's IQ stands tall

Bardock42
It's always sad when people get murdered.

And it's also sad that this guy seems to have taken the deaths of Eric Garner and Michael Brown to cause more suffering to innocent people.

I am certain that, had he not killed himself, he would have been prosecuted to the full extend of the law, however, which is how people that kill other human beings should be dealt with.

If nothing else, it shows how some of the actions of cops, recently and over the years, have created a mentality of us vs. them, mainly in black communities, that are particularly targeted with excessive force and violence by police.

The solution to this problem is not to pile on to that dichotomy, but to start a healing process, that demilitarises police forces, reintegrates them into the communities they are meant to serve and protect on the one hand, as well as to support and invest into poor, disenfranchised communities and give them reasonable, widespread, legal options, so that less people are driven to to view extreme and brutal measures as their only choice.

tbh, the issues here are very similar to the issues that US military intervention in Middle Eastern and African countries has caused.

I read a pretty interesting article by Dave Winer that tangentially touches this topic: http://scripting.com/2014/12/19/theDisconnectWithNypdAndThePeople.html

Time Immemorial
I feel like TI is trying to make this a black vs. white thing, when really it's a crazy person thing.

Did you not read the story, the cops that were killed were Asian and Hispanic.

Try again.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Oneness
hahahaha

Once again, Omega Vision's IQ stands tall

His IQ fell pretty hard in this matter But I give him the benefit of the doubt that he did not actually read the story.

Omega Vision
The word I took issue with in your OP was 'black,' as if that was supposed to mean something.

Time Immemorial
The word I took issue with in your OP was 'black,' as if that was supposed to mean something.

Because it was two black males...

Time Immemorial

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Because it was two black males...
Two? Who was the other guy? Pretty sure Brinsley was acting alone.

And what does that matter? That information might be useful for the cops when looking for perps, it might be useful for a reporter, and it's useful for statistical purposes, but the words 'black thugs' are often used to try to racialize an incident that doesn't need to be racialized.

This is about a deranged individual who decided to kill a few cops and then killed himself. The violence may have been motivated by his sense of racial persecution, but beyond that I don't know why you needed to emphasize the "black" part.

Stoic
Two more cops murdered in cold blood in New York by none less then black thugs seeking revenge because some of their "brothers" were killed.

You should pay attention to the way that you word things. Omega was correct, and your attempts to cover it up only makes you look like an idiot for thinking that others are too dumb to see through your views. I bet if others built on your ignorant statement, you'd be standing there fanning the flames. None less than Black thugs huh?

Wei Phoenix

You would make a fantastic Fox News reporter with words like that.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You would make a fantastic Fox News reporter with words like that.

No, he wouldn't.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stoic
You should pay attention to the way that you word things. Omega was correct, and your attempts to cover it up only makes you look like an idiot for thinking that others are too dumb to see through your views. I bet if others built on your ignorant statement, you'd be standing there fanning the flames. None less than Black thugs huh?

What would you call a man who murders two police officers in cold blood? I would call them a thug.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What would you call a man who murders two police officers in cold blood? I would call them a thug.

What do you call a man who kills children? What do you call a man who kills many other innocent people? Black people are the only people that I hear get called thugs whenever they commit a crime. I don't support this man nor sympathize for him. What he did is wrong, but Time's wording and insensitivity for the whole thing including the pain felt by the Black race from the senseless killings by cops was horrible.

"Two Black thugs seeking revenge because some of their "brother" were killed" That is insensitivity and shows a biased view towards the entire subject. Let alone that after reading that, it sounds like only one man went around and killed two innocent cops who had nothing to do with Garner, Brown or Tamir.

Shakyamunison
What do you call a man who kills children?
Dead, as soon as I can find him.
What do you call a man who kills many other innocent people?
A terrorist.
Black people are the only people that I hear get called thugs whenever they commit a crime.
You need to get away from the bigots who surround you. Some of the worst thugs, in history were white.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stoic

Actually you are the idiot because what I said was fact, and there is nothing to cover up. Omega was wrong, as are you now.
I stand by what I said. Not only was he wrong but he was corrected by others for being wrong.

Originally posted by vansonbee
I read that the 2 cops killed were Hispanic and Asian, sad days for multicultural diversity when a black guy can't tell the differences between whites and the rest of us rainbow people.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That it was an Asian and Hispanic cop who were killed makes his chromovision of questionable value.

dadudemon
Bardock already said what I wanted to say (but probably better than I would have). Ditto - two wrongs don't make a right.

You need to get away from the bigots who surround you. Some of the worst thugs, in history were white.

thumb up

Time Immemorial
Two? Who was the other guy? Pretty sure Brinsley was acting alone.

And what does that matter? That information might be useful for the cops when looking for perps, it might be useful for a reporter, and it's useful for statistical purposes, but the words 'black thugs' are often used to try to racialize an incident that doesn't need to be racialized.

This is about a deranged individual who decided to kill a few cops and then killed himself. The violence may have been motivated by his sense of racial persecution, but beyond that I don't know why you needed to emphasize the "black" part.

Not only did he kill himself, but he also killed two cops, and the day before killed his girlfriend and unborn child. Quit defending him.

dadudemon
Not only did he kill himself, but he also killed two cops, and the day before killed his girlfriend and unborn child. Quit defending him.

He sounds like one crazy, evil, piece of shit. But, he probably had severe mental issues.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by dadudemon
He sounds like one crazy, evil, piece of shit. But, he probably had severe mental issues.

Yes much like the guy that went around cutting heads off his co workers. But then again, people here said that had nothing to do with him being muslim, much like some will prolly say this has nothing to do with Eric Garner. laughing

NemeBro
I agree. This guy's inherent blackness motivated him to kill his girlfriend and those police officers.

Omega Vision
Actually you are the idiot because what I said was fact, and there is nothing to cover up. Omega was wrong, as are you now.
I stand by what I said. Not only was he wrong but he was corrected by others for being wrong.
I didn't realize at the time that the officers in question weren't white. That's my mistake, but it doesn't at all change my real gripe with your OP, which was the wording and the implicit racism of 'black thugs.'
How am I defending him?
Dead, as soon as I can find him.

A terrorist.

But still, it's very rare that you hear the words "white thug" or "Caucasian thug" used in media. No one's saying that the word "thug" is inherently racist (it was coined after a group of roadside bandits in India who strangled people with yellow scarves), but the use of "black thug" suggests that "black" somehow modifies "thug" in some meaningful way and is a hallmark of racist or racially-charged reporting/discourse.

It's especially harmful because there's a stock character in early American culture known as the Black Brute, one of the five main plantation school stereotypes along with the coon, the mammy, the uncle tom, and the picaninny. "Black thug" is the modern iteration of this.

Edit: A better way to put it is that if you were to call him a "thug" I'd have no disagreement whatsoever. I'd add a few words to that, such as "madman" aand "lunatic." But when you add "black" to "thug," it suddenly becomes a very different statement. If you've ever been around two parents who are arguing about their kid with other people or between themselves, you may have noticed how they start using phrases like "our son," "our daughter," or "your son/your daughter." They do this because they're trying to either shift blame for something wrong with the kid on the other parent, or take credit for something they've done. It's the same thing with black thug. Even if the user of the phrase doesn't mean this, the effect is that it seems like it's somehow the fault of the black community that this "thug" did these things. It's no different than when a country like Iran catches a spy they call him a "Zionist spy" or an "Imperialist spy."

Edit2: And yes, this probably has a lot to do with Eric Garner, but then what do you take from that? What are you trying to say?

BackFire
Originally posted by NemeBro
I agree. This guy's inherent blackness motivated him to kill his girlfriend and those police officers.

Hahaha.

vansonbee
Cops are pitching for more Asian cops to join. Too risky even for the pay.

licumzbZL4Y

Robtard
Originally posted by vansonbee
Cops are pitching for more Asian cops to join. Too risky even for the pay.

Because they all know Karate or something?

Quincy
Yeah man, I saw "Supercop." The cop that can't be stopped

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.