DCnU Highfather Vs Bor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HF_zpsfdbdd017.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BR_zps48119ba8.jpg

Time Immemorial
Highfather based on having access to the source.

operator616
w/ life equation, Highfather stomps. Otherwise, it could go either way.

Golgo13
Originally posted by operator616
w/ life equation, Highfather stomps. Otherwise, it could go either way.

No life equation for this one.

deathslash
I would still give this to highfather

SasuOna
highfather would win

Board Walker
Highfather is above the skyfather level

iceman24567
Originally posted by Board Walker
Highfather is above the skyfather level No

Sin I AM
Is Bor even a sky? I always considered him trans tier

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Is Bor even a sky? I always considered him trans tier

Yeah, I saw him like a HH to low trans.

operator616
He's certainly not a HH nor a low trans. His first blow would've killed regular Thor instantly. And he gave OF Thor a beastly fight which ended up with Mjolnir getting broken. He's also created Disir who threatened Hela in her own domain at one point. Though he did get owned by Loki.

He's high trans. And maybe low skyfather.

carver9
thumb up

What has High Father done to be considered Skyfather?

Golgo13
Stalemated Darkseid and treated the top Lanterns like cannon fodder.

operator616
The Guardians of the universe (who range from low to high trans) admitted that even regular new gods are above them; and HF is well above regular new gods.

Sin I AM
He's certainly not a HH nor a low trans. His first blow would've killed regular Thor instantly. And he gave OF Thor a beastly fight which ended up with Mjolnir getting broken. He's also created Disir who threatened Hela in her own domain at one point. Though he did get owned by Loki.

He's high trans. And maybe low skyfather.

Id say high trans. OF Thor was meh

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13
Stalemated Darkseid and treated the top Lanterns like cannon fodder.

Every New God has been treating Lanterns like fodder though. Stalemates Darkseid is good, what level of power do you have to be at to do that?

carver9

Odin Force Thor fts are better than anything Darkseid and High Father has done. Anything.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Every New God has been treating Lanterns like fodder though. Stalemates Darkseid is good, what level of power do you have to be at to do that?

You seem to forget that Darkseid has absorbed a lot of Gods into him. He's uber and soon will be facing off against an Anti-Monitor who has absorbed entire universes.

Golgo13

The Council of 8 are low to high trans.

Sin I AM
Odin Force Thor fts are better than anything Darkseid and High Father has done. Anything.

Hmmm...so you're saying OF Thor beats either?

operator616
Every New God has been treating Lanterns like fodder though.

You say this as if lanterns were downgraded in power when in fact they haven't nor should they given that non of the reboots (neither FP not COIE) affected them. The New Gods are the ones who have gotten an upgrade since the latest reboot; they were outright stated to be the most powerful race in the multiverse.

Depends on what you mean by meh. OF Thor certainly wasn't on par with Odin, but he was still powerful enough to beat a skyfather-level character (Desak, who was above the Dark gods and was seen killing Zeus and all olympus in a future vision iirc), and trans characters like Destroyer and Perrikus.

Id say that's impressive. So considering that he did actually beat a skyfather, i can see Bor being on that level despite his loss; especially considering that Thor's OF was more powerful when he confronted Bor than when facing Desak.

carver9
You say this as if lanterns were downgraded in power when in fact they haven't nor should they given that non of the reboots (neither FP not COIE) affected them. The New Gods are the ones who have gotten an upgrade since the latest reboot; they were outright stated to be the most powerful race in the multiverse.

Depends on what you mean by meh. OF Thor certainly wasn't on par with Odin, but he was still powerful enough to beat a skyfather-level character (Desak, who was above the Dark gods and was seen killing Zeus and all olympus in a future vision iirc), and trans characters like Destroyer and Perrikus.

Id say that's impressive. So considering that he did actually beat a skyfather, i can see Bor being on that level despite his loss; especially considering that Thor's OF was more powerful when he confronted Bor than when facing Desak.

Didn't Orion beat the planet though along with some of the best of Lanterns. We know where he stand power wise. Not a knock against the Lanterns, I don't think High Father taking them out isn't an OMG moment.

carver9
Hmmm...so you're saying OF Thor beats either?

Based off of his fts, yes. He already beat Bor and I would give Bor the edge here.

celeyhyga17
New 52 Highfather wins.

operator616
Didn't Orion beat the planet though along with some of the best of Lanterns. We know where he stand power wise. Not a knock against the Lanterns, I don't think High Father taking them out isn't an OMG moment.

He beat Mogo without Mogo actually fighting back (with a surprise attack; iirc by booming on the planet and taking the ring off one of its branches thereby depowering it); Mogo is the most powerful GL, im pretty sure even NGs couldn't stand up to him. Orion did seem superior to Hal though.

I never said that it's a great feat for HF, i was making a statement about New Gods in general.

Prof. T.C McAbe
He beat Mogo without Mogo actually fighting back (with a surprise attack; iirc by booming on the planet and taking the ring off one of its branches thereby depowering it); Mogo is the most powerful GL, im pretty sure even NGs couldn't stand up to him. Orion did seem superior to Hal though.

I never said that it's a great feat for HF, i was making a statement about New Gods in general.

I would also rate Mogo quite high. High trans to low Skyfather. But yeah Orion seemed superior, reminded me of the first fight between Hal and Superman.

carver9

Don't remember it happening like that. I thought i had the comic saved but I don't. What's the issue number? I thought he blitzed the planet, not boom tube. Also, wasnt the planet in combat when this happened? Not saying that you are wrong, just asking.

Gotcha. Misunderstood you.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I would also rate Mogo quite high. High trans to low Skyfather. But yeah Orion seemed superior, reminded me of the first fight between Hal and Superman.
Mogo a skyfather?

No way.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Mogo a skyfather?

No way.

Just think about that way. If Injustice Superman becomes a Skyfather+ just because of the fear of some billion people, what is a Planet full of sentient beings capable of.

carver9
Mogo a skyfather?

No way.

Lol...did you really read that?

operator616
Don't remember it happening like that. I thought i had the comic saved but I don't. What's the issue number? I thought he blitzed the planet, not boom tube. Also, wasnt the planet in combat when this happened? Not saying that you are wrong, just asking.

Gotcha. Misunderstood you.

Just recheck the comic (it's from GL/NG: Godhead #1). He did open a boomtube on Mogo. But i was wrong that Mogo never fought back; it's pointed out that Mogo was altering gravity. I can upload the entire scene but it will take a few minutes seeing as how my internet is very slow.

If Orion hadn't directly boomed on Mogo and came from space, Mogo could've blasted Orion and put him down, the same way he did to Ganthet.

celeyhyga17
Just think about that way. If Injustice Superman becomes a Skyfather+ just because of the fear of some billion people, what is a Planet full of sentient beings capable of.
Injustice Supes is skyfather+?

Ughhh.....

Lol...did you really read that?
sad

Prof. T.C McAbe
Injustice Supes is skyfather+?

Ughhh.....

sad

Don't listen to Carter, he knows nothing, that is known.

Superman was a HH at least, though the way he killed those Parademons while all other Heroes on Earth struggled and were about to lose, an argument for low Trans could be made. Ganthet flicked him away with his finger and koed him, which would be at least High Trans if not mid Skyfather. Mogo killed a bunch of Sinestro Lanterns and Superman himself didn't dare to tank the Blast but used his speed to safe Sinestro. So we can assume that Mogo is higher, at least mid Trans. Now Superman with the Sinestro ring just spitestomped both, Ganthet and Mogo at the same time. Ganthets dissolving green energies and crumbling Mogo ended dead in the Sun. This makes him at the very least a High end Skyfather. Though I am with BW on this and think he is Elder God level or low Abstract.

carver9
Just recheck the comic (it's from GL/NG: Godhead #1). He did open a boomtube on Mogo. But i was wrong that Mogo never fought back; it's pointed out that Mogo was altering gravity. I can upload the entire scene but it will take a few minutes seeing as how my internet is very slow.

If Orion hadn't directly boomed on Mogo and came from space, Mogo could've blasted Orion and put him down, the same way he did to Ganthet.

Taking him down easily like that though is the questionable part. Even with the boom tube. How long did it take, a couple of panels. Also, as you stated, he was altering gravity so I'm pretty sure Orion felt and withstood some of that. He attacked him head on (after the boom tube of course). If you can, can you upload it? If you can't, just let me know and I will go back and read it.

operator616
Regarding Mogo: What does injustice have to do with mainstream universe?

Anyway, i wouldnt put Mogo in the skyfather tier. He was implied to be below Guardian-level and there was a 90s GL Annual where Kyle owned a resurrected Mogo (even though Mogo was technically alive in that period they treated him as if he was dead).

He does have a few good feats though. He put down Ganthet at one point; absorbed hundreds of Black Lanterns into his being; and cut all GLs from Volthoom's (a reality warper) influence and created constructs for each of them to fight to hype them up for a battle against Volthoom.

Taking him down easily like that though is the questionable part. Even with the boom tube. How long did it take, a couple of panels. Also, as you stated, he was altering gravity so I'm pretty sure Orion felt and withstood some of that. He attacked him head on (after the boom tube of course). If you can, can you upload it? If you can't, just let me know and I will go back and read it.

Here's the entire scene:

http://i.imgur.com/XeJ3xVB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8aG45FL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T1lb4Hc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cNIY6le.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nRnEaO4.jpg

celeyhyga17
Don't listen to Carter, he knows nothing, that is known.

Superman was a HH at least, though the way he killed those Parademons while all other Heroes on Earth struggled and were about to lose, an argument for low Trans could be made. Ganthet flicked him away with his finger and koed him, which would be at least High Trans if not mid Skyfather. Mogo killed a bunch of Sinestro Lanterns and Superman himself didn't dare to tank the Blast but used his speed to safe Sinestro. So we can assume that Mogo is higher, at least mid Trans. Now Superman with the Sinestro ring just spitestomped both, Ganthet and Mogo at the same time. Ganthets dissolving green energies and crumbling Mogo ended dead in the Sun. This makes him at the very least a High end Skyfather. Though I am with BW on this and think he is Elder God level or low Abstract.
So you're telling me Inj Supes is a skyfather+ based on those feats?

Umm are you sure you know what a high end skyfather can do?

Prof. T.C McAbe
So you're telling me Inj Supes is a skyfather+ based on those feats?

Umm are you sure you know what a high end skyfather can do?

Yeah, can't lift Thors hammer, can't put Thor down. I know most people use the Galaxy feat but it was a one time only instance and thus kind of pointless compared to what Odin does all the time.

operator616
Yeah, can't lift Thors hammer, can't put Thor down. I know most people use the Galaxy feat but it was a one time only instance and thus kind of pointless compared to what Odin does all the time.

If you think that Odin has only one galactic feat then you're hugely misinformed. He's got plenty of feats and fights that constantly establish him on a level where the galaxy busting feat is nearly (perhaps not exactly but nearly) an average one.

And it wasn't one time; it was two times. One in the 70s, the other in the 90s.

celeyhyga17
Awww damn. I know some of you come off as delusional, but the depths of your fantasies are a little bit scary..

celeyhyga17
If you think that Odin has only one galactic feat then you're hugely misinformed. He's got plenty of feats and fights that constantly establish him on a level where the galaxy busting feat is nearly (perhaps not exactly but nearly) an average one.

And it wasn't one time; it was two times. One in the 70s, the other in the 90s.
Not to mention he recently absorbed "all the fires of creation" that essentially prevented the destruction of the 9 realms... And that was in the 2010's...

carver9
Regarding Mogo: What does injustice have to do with mainstream universe?

Anyway, i wouldnt put Mogo in the skyfather tier. He was implied to be below Guardian-level and there was a 90s GL Annual where Kyle owned a resurrected Mogo (even though Mogo was technically alive in that period they treated him as if he was dead).

He does have a few good feats though. He put down Ganthet at one point; absorbed hundreds of Black Lanterns into his being; and cut all GLs from Volthoom's (a reality warper) influence and created constructs for each of them to fight to hype them up for a battle against Volthoom.

Here's the entire scene:

http://i.imgur.com/XeJ3xVB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8aG45FL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T1lb4Hc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cNIY6le.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nRnEaO4.jpg

Looks like Mogo attacked but it didn't stop Orion. Is that how Orion defeated Mogo? By taking his ring? If so, I take my statement back. Not an interesting way if beating Mogo imo.

operator616
Not to mention he recently absorbed "all the fires of creation" that essentially prevented the destruction of the 9 realms... And that was in the 2010's...

thumb up

Drawing all the elctro-magnetic particles of the universe, owning a Surtur who was packing galaxy-busting power (even back in the 60s), defeating Forsung in a battle which destroyed many stars across the universe, creating an entire dimension along with his two brothers, manipulating Ygdrassil tree which in the same arc was multiversal, infusing Thor with enough OF power to go against Thanos who gained a universal power-up, overpowering Uthana-Thoth temporarily, cutting an entire realm from the tree are all examples of Odin displaying power on a galactic/universal scale apart from his two Galaxy busting feats, and the one you mentioned.

So saying that a galactic-level feat happened one time in Odin's entire history is blatantly false.

Looks like Mogo attacked but it didn't stop Orion. Is that how Orion defeated Mogo? By taking his ring? If so, I take my statement back. Not an interesting way if beating Mogo imo.

Yes, that's how he beat him.

celeyhyga17

Orion was a straight up bawzz in that scene!

carver9
thumb up

Drawing all the elctro-magnetic particles of the universe, owning a Surtur who was packing galaxy-busting power (even back in the 60s), defeating Forsung in a battle which destroyed many stars across the universe, creating an entire dimension along with his two brothers, manipulating Ygdrassil tree which in the same arc was multiversal, infusing Thor with enough OF power to go against Thanos who gained a universal power-up, overpowering Uthana-Thoth temporarily, cutting an entire realm from the tree are all examples of Odin displaying power on a galactic/universal scale apart from his two Galaxy busting feats, and the one you mentioned.

So saying that a galactic-level feat happened one time in Odin's entire history is blatantly false.

Yes, that's how he beat him.

thumb up to everything you just said.

carver9

Yeah, it was a nice showing for him. I just remembered the Mogo scene wrong. Still a good ft for him though.

DarkSaint85

We've done this dance a few times.

Superman when amped by the fear etc, was about Skyfather. Not above that, however.

Mid Herald: Shazam (this is purely going by the tier thread)
High Herald: Superman (pre-amp)
Trans: Ganthet (owned a HH and a mid herald as effortlessly as others have, such as Fernus)
Skyfather: Odin (and like mainstream DC Superman, or 616 Surfer being the top examples of the HH tier, Odin is the top dog of his tier).

carver9
Shazam is ft less in injustice. How is he a mid Herald?

DarkSaint85
Shazam is ft less in injustice. How is he a mid Herald?

Was going purely by the tiering thread, was in response to another post in the other thread where the example of Shazam was brought up.

ASSUMING he was the same as mainstream, then he was mid. I wouldn't say he was meta tier, for example.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Was going purely by the tiering thread, was in response to another post in the other thread where the example of Shazam was brought up.

ASSUMING he was the same as mainstream, then he was mid. I wouldn't say he was meta tier, for example.

What tier would you place him in 'based off his fts'? He has literally shown nothing. He did just Shazam bolt someone but the person he did this too was ok afterwards. I'm trying to figure out why you are placing him so high. Nothing against you but I'm trying to see if I missed anything because if not, owning him isn't that special.

quanchi112
Bor wins.

Golgo13

Probably his best showing thus far.

basilisk
The Guardians of the universe (who range from low to high trans) admitted that even regular new gods are above them; and HF is well above regular new gods.

How exactly does this work now? Characters like Superman and WW can fight on the level of Orion can't they? And quite a few other earth characters are more than capable of taking on Superman etc.

Now Orion is not Highfather, but he must be one of the most powerful New Gods. Does this mean that Superman, Wonder Woman, and others in their class are supposed to be above the Guardians of the Universe these days?

Taking HF over Bor.

DarkSaint85
Depends on if you believe Orion was going all out in his fights with WW/Superman.

leonidas
yeah, regular new gods being above guardians is....just plain stupid. hal himself would be a great match against orion and the guardians have been/should be WELL above any average gl. if that is in fact a fact, and not some self-deprecating bs, that is a really, really dumbass revelation....

basilisk
Depends on if you believe Orion was going all out in his fights with WW/Superman.
That thought crossed my mind, that maybe he was just holding back. Otherwise it all just seems... wrong.

Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, regular new gods being above guardians is....just plain stupid. hal himself would be a great match against orion and the guardians have been/should be WELL above any average gl. if that is in fact a fact, and not some self-deprecating bs, that is a really, really dumbass revelation.... Totally agree.

abhilegend
Orion was trying to kill superman and then superman was directly stated to be more powerful than him.

I doubt Orion was holding back. It's just that the writer of godhead has a very high opinion of new gods. It's an anomaly actually.

DarkSaint85
What if.....

The writer of Superman had a very high opinion of Superman evil face

abhilegend
What if.....

The writer of Superman had a very high opinion of Superman evil face Heresy!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.