Aang vs. Korra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Aang as of Book 3 in ATLA.
Korra as of Book 4 in TLoK.

Setting: Open field near a large body of water.

The Avatar State is allowed.

ares834
Originally posted by |King Joker|
The Avatar State is allowed.

Then Aang of course.

pym-ftw
Ozai was a joke compared to Korra's rogues.

Korra metal bends anything and Aang loses.

NemeBro
Aang stomps.

Much more powerful Avatar State.

Oh, and Ozai during Sozin's Comet would kill every Korra antagonist sans Amon and UnaVaatu.

Even without the comet he would beat base Unalaq, Zaheer (probably), and Kuvira.

pym-ftw
Amon would Roflstomp him
UnaVaatu rapes him
Zaheer vs Sozen Comet Ozai would be good but we have undeniable proof Zaheer can remove oxygen from an area
Kuvira in her super mech Rapes him

NemeBro
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Amon would Roflstomp him

Due to bloodbending, yeah.

Sure, but Korra never fought the giant UnaVaatu at base, did she?

This is book 4 Korra, who can't go kaiju.

That area being someone's head, lol.

Ozai has almost as much maneuverability as Zaheer and far more destructive power. He would incinerate Zaheer with the Comet, and probably win without.

So why do you keep on bringing up villains who Korra couldn't beat solo?

Kuvira in the mech would probably beat Ozai, but Korra needed a large team of some of the world's strongest benders as well as advanced flight suits to beat that mech. That means nothing for this fight.

It's a red herring. Stop it.

pym-ftw
Because you said Ozai could beat them, duh! Lol

Ozai can't/never displayed creating fire in a vacuum so Zaheer has a base element advantage.

Base korra ripped a hole in reality in the final that is way above Aang

NemeBro
Because you said Ozai could beat them, duh! Lol

Nope, I said Amon would beat him as would UnaVaatu. Kuvira with the mech isn't even Kuvira, it's Kuvira with her big mech and a team of people to help pilot it.

Also, you were using these antagonists as evidence for Korra's victory in this thread. How can they be valid if base Korra also couldn't defeat them?

And Zaheer has never displayed the ability to turn a large area into a vacuum. So why does it matter?

ynha6lVALmM

Check again. Her eyes light up right before the blast reaches her. She was in the Avatar State.

Also, she accomplished that by bending the energy of the Spirit Cannon. There isn't that much energy present in this fight for her to use.

I have no problem admitting that Korra is a better energybender than Aang, but in terms of raw power he vastly eclipses her. Due to his Avatar State being intact. thumb up

pym-ftw
Fire bending is based on breathing, so if Ozai can't breathe he can't do diddly.

Maybe in terms of blasting power but, Korra was far (physically) stronger and has multiple tech (Metalbending, EnergyBending) that Aang never displayed. (Old Aang was most likely above book 4 korra though.)

SSJGGogeta
Aang did display energy bending. In fact, he was the first in the series to use it.

Also, if we go by statements, then Korra is stronger. It's that simple. Aang has the avatar state power of all the previous Avatar's, and Korra has the avatar state power of all the previous Avatar's, INCLUDING Aang's, and her own. So, she wins. Plain and simple.

However, going by feats, she gets pwned. Aang's feats are vastly more impressive, and he accomplished them casually. Taking those, and not statements, into consideration, Aang would stomp.

So, it would likely be close in Avatar state for the two, but I personally think Aang would win because his feats are just way too superior to anything she's displayed.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro
Even without the comet he would beat Zaheer (probably)

Nah.

NemeBro
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Aang did display energy bending. In fact, he was the first in the series to use it.

Also, if we go by statements, then Korra is stronger. It's that simple. Aang has the avatar state power of all the previous Avatar's, and Korra has the avatar state power of all the previous Avatar's, INCLUDING Aang's, and her own. So, she wins. Plain and simple.

However, going by feats, she gets pwned. Aang's feats are vastly more impressive, and he accomplished them casually. Taking those, and not statements, into consideration, Aang would stomp.

So, it would likely be close in Avatar state for the two, but I personally think Aang would win because his feats are just way too superior to anything she's displayed. You are aware that she lost all of her past lives in book 2, right?

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Nah. Why not?

Zaheer would have the mobility advantage sure, but Ozai is a far more experienced bender and considerably more powerful.

ares834

No she doesn't. Not during season 4. She lost all the previous Avatar's experience during Season 2. Season 2 Korra would win though.

NemeBro
Fire bending is based on breathing, so if Ozai can't breathe he can't do diddly.

Sure, but your argument relies on Zaheer managing to do this in a fight.

So far, he has only done it on the powerless Earth Queen and a weakened Korra.

So you have clearly never actually watched Avatar.

Aang is the first known Avatar to ever use energybending, which he used to take away Ozai's bending. Hell, he taught it to Korra.

Why are you arguing against a series you've never seen? erm

NemeBro
No she doesn't. Not during season 4. She lost all the previous Avatar's experience during Season 2. Season 2 Korra would win though. thumb up

Book 2 Korra in the Avatar State should beat Aang due to how the Avatar State works, but book 4? Nope!

ares834
Why not?

Zaheer would have the mobility advantage sure, but Ozai is a far more experienced bender and considerably more powerful.

Well for one thing we haven't seen what Ozai is capable of without the comet. I'm not ready to put him above Zaheer, a guy who was capable of going head to head with AS Korra for a time.

pym-ftw
Sure, but your argument relies on Zaheer managing to do this in a fight.

So far, he has only done it on the powerless Earth Queen and a weakened
So you have clearly never actually watched Avatar.
Aang is the first known Avatar to ever use energybending, which he used to take away Ozai's bending. Hell, he taught it to Korra.
Why are you arguing against a series you've never seen? erm and Korra restored bending. So... Yeah she has real energy bending abilities and everything Aang has done....

So you think my references to the first series are just lucky guesses?

NemeBro
No, I'm sure you're looking through the wiki to piece together information to the best of your ability.

pym-ftw
... Jesus

Concession accepted.

NemeBro
Get mad.

Your last post didn't address anything I said, and you implicitly conceded the Zaheer argument.

You conceded. thumb up

NemeBro
Well for one thing we haven't seen what Ozai is capable of without the comet. I'm not ready to put him above Zaheer, a guy who was capable of going head to head with AS Korra for a time.

True, but he is supposed to be stronger than both Iroh and Azula.

Base Ozai should have less mobility, but Zaheer only really lasted against Korra by running away. If we saw more fights with flight-using Zaheer I may be more willing to give him the win but eh.

If nothing else I'd say he has a far better shot against base Ozai than comet Ozai. thumb up

Though that should be obvious.

pym-ftw
That the fight off topic I didn't address now means Korra < Aang.

That kinda thinking certainly helps me understand why you think the way you are.

Series ones best feats = Fodder character's day jobs in series 2

NemeBro
I'm afraid not.

Toph's earthbending in terms of scale is rivaled only by Ghazan's, for example.

pym-ftw
What is Toph's most powerful single feat in series 1? Does it compare to Bolin lifting the roof of a large warehouse?

The set of stairs feat?

Nephthys
I'm not convinced that Aang's Avatar State is superior to Korra's tbh. Neither he nor Pre-Vaatu Korra displayed more power than Korra displayed afterwards imo. Is it ever directly said that the Avatar State channels the power of previous Avatar's as well as they knowledge?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not convinced that Aang's Avatar State is superior to Korra's tbh. Neither he nor Pre-Vaatu Korra displayed more power than Korra displayed afterwards imo. Is it ever directly said that the Avatar State channels the power of previous Avatar's as well as they knowledge? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWGMCV0lAZg

3:20-4:10

"The Avatar State is a defense mechanism. Designed to empower you with the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars. The glow is the combination of all your past lives. Focusing their energy through your body."

Based
Korra stomps. Toph and Zuko aren't remotely impressed with two of his elements. Korra mastered those two long with water before the series began.

wakkawakkawakka
^ I think we're counting Avatar States as well in which Aang's AS > Korra's for season's 3 & 4.

Demonic Phoenix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWGMCV0lAZg

3:20-4:10

"The Avatar State is a defense mechanism. Designed to empower you with the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars. The glow is the combination of all your past lives. Focusing their energy through your body."

Raava being the source of the Avatar's powers means that past lives don't weigh as heavily as we once thought they did. Wan, the 1st Avatar, wasn't as far off from Roku et al., as he should have been. Neither was Korra post-UnaVaatu.

NemeBro
What is Toph's most powerful single feat in series 1? Does it compare to Bolin lifting the roof of a large warehouse?

The set of stairs feat? Well for one thing, kept the ancient library from sinking. She also could metalbend the huge metal fins of the Fire Nation zeppelins.

Can't recall the set of stairs feat. What are you referring to?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not convinced that Aang's Avatar State is superior to Korra's tbh. Neither he nor Pre-Vaatu Korra displayed more power than Korra displayed afterwards imo. Is it ever directly said that the Avatar State channels the power of previous Avatar's as well as they knowledge? **** your opinion.

|King Joker|
Well for one thing, kept the ancient library from sinking. She also could metalbend the huge metal fins of the Fire Nation zeppelins.

Can't recall the set of stairs feat. What are you referring to? I think he's referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg6bJ4C-rtY

8:30-8:36

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Raava being the source of the Avatar's powers means that past lives don't weigh as heavily as we once thought they did. Wan, the 1st Avatar, wasn't as far off from Roku et al., as he should have been. Neither was Korra post-UnaVaatu. Oh, I know. I don't really subscribe to the idea that pre-Harmonic Convergence Korra's Avatar State is >>>>> post-Harmonic Convergence, personally.

SSJGGogeta
You are aware that she lost all of her past lives in book 2, right?

Oh, nope. In that case, of course Aang stomps. This is spite.

|King Joker|
Oh, nope. In that case, of course Aang stomps. This is spite. Lol.

NemeBro
I think he's referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg6bJ4C-rtY

8:30-8:36 That feat is pretty good. I thought he meant a feat of Bolin's though.

|King Joker|
That feat is pretty good. I thought he meant a feat of Bolin's though. Hmm, he might have. I dunno.

SSJGGogeta
Lol.

It's true, lol.

If Korra doesn't have the past Avatar's, then she has nothing going for her in this fight.

Previous Avatar state Avatars have feats like moving continents apart, conjuring Tsunami's, blowing away forests with wind, etc.

Plus, Aang has taken on the form of the moon spirit, and conjured Tsunami's before to single-handedly take out massive fire nation fleets. He should stomp, even early on.

|King Joker|
It's true, lol.

If Korra doesn't have the past Avatar's, then she has nothing going for her in this fight. Honestly, I don't see much a power difference in pre-Book 2 Korra's Avatar State vs. post-Book 2 Korra's Avatar state.

Previous Avatar state Avatars have feats like moving continents apart, conjuring Tsunami's, blowing away forests with wind, etc. It really only speaks how powerful Kyoshi, Yangchen, etc. are. Doesn't mean 12-year-old Aang can do that in the Avatar State.

Plus, Aang has taken on the form of the moon spirit, and conjured Tsunami's before to single-handedly take out massive fire nation fleets. He should stomp, even early on. Prove he can replicate that feat. I can't remember him doing anything to that magnitude after that, and it was pretty circumstantial, if you ask me.

pym-ftw
Well for one thing, kept the ancient library from sinking. She also could metalbend the huge metal fins of the Fire Nation zeppelins.

Can't recall the set of stairs feat. What are you referring to? the Liabrary feat is pretty BA, I'm not sold on metalbending after Kovira turned the metal into liquid though so idk if Metsl really offers that much resistance to Metalbenders. Originally posted by |King Joker|
I think he's referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg6bJ4C-rtY

8:30-8:36 that was the feat, Toph flattens about 100 steps instantly and then lifts a large wedge of stone up said 100 steps, but the library is more impressive unless she wasn't lifting 100% and was also attempting to harden the sand below it to no real avail. Either way it's still a beastly feat.

Demonic Phoenix
Oh, I know. I don't really subscribe to the idea that pre-Harmonic Convergence Korra's Avatar State is >>>>> post-Harmonic Convergence, personally.
Korra's best Avatar State feats occur after Harmonic Convergence tbh.

|King Joker|
Korra's best Avatar State feats occur after Harmonic Convergence tbh. Yeah. Are you referring to her Hulk-out against Zaheer or her absorbing Kuvira's weapon? Or something else?

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah. Are you referring to her Hulk-out against Zaheer or her absorbing Kuvira's weapon? Or something else?

Both. Although it looked more like she redirected/transformed than absorbed.

|King Joker|
Both. Although it looked more like she redirected/transformed than absorbed. You're right.

NemeBro
Originally posted by pym-ftw the Liabrary feat is pretty BA, I'm not sold on metalbending after Kovira turned the metal into liquid though so idk if Metsl really offers that much resistance to Metalbenders.

Did Kuvira actually turn the metal to liquid?

And even if she did that just shows precise control. Not scale.

pym-ftw
During her fight inside the head of the mech she has 3 black balls that were swirling around and was launching pieces out of.

The scale argument isn't really impressive when it has a relative durability of smooshing tissue paper.

yungz22
i think koraa had it heder than aang so id give the advantage to her

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.