'Being too quick' is a bad thing ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marco1907

Fated Xtasy
Yeah, it is. Making hasty strikes would disrupt the form sequence I would think. Not to mention if you're too fast you'd tire out fast.

Marco1907
Another bad thing for Kit Fisto tbh, speed was the only advantage of his.

Emperordmb
If you get too much momentum going in the wrong direction, that could be a mistake, because the inertia would prevent you from changing altering the direction of your strike.

DarthAnt66
"Darth Maul vs. Kit Fisto :: Winner: Kit Fisto :: Despite Maul's relentless and frantic attacks, Kit Fisto keeps his cool and wears his opponent down."
--Star Wars: Head to Head

WildBantha88
This is not talking about speed overall, but speed during specific moments. Being hasty is bad, but overall speed is not

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"Darth Maul vs. Kit Fisto :: Winner: Kit Fisto :: Despite Maul's relentless and frantic attacks, Kit Fisto keeps his cool and wears his opponent down."
That's ****ing stupid lol

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That's ****ing stupid lol
http://beckermayer.com/wp-content/uploads/5726-Star-Wars-Head-to-Head-Tag-Teams-1383093560.jpg
Qui-Gon Jinn>Darth Maul>Yoda>Darth Vader. Accept it, Emperordmb.

Revanchiste

Revanchiste
http://beckermayer.com/wp-content/uploads/5726-Star-Wars-Head-to-Head-Tag-Teams-1383093560.jpg
Qui-Gon Jinn>Darth Maul>Yoda>Darth Vader. Accept it, Emperordmb.
XD Now put Zidiouz team 1.

Ztate go 200/20 quazi every where and now put Revan you obtain the zame rezult....
Revan have 245697 zepcial moove where zidiouz have only 100 000

psmith81992
I agree being too quick is a bad thing. I can last about 7 seconds.

Revanchiste
Form VII V.Z form I..Humhum Form VII iz juzt the upper verzion of form I....

Revanchiste
Originally posted by psmith81992
I agree being too quick is a bad thing. I can last about 7 seconds.

But I have brought an explanation.... (Anwzer it depend on your ztyle.)

And I have an other one -- Ztamina economy....

Light ztyle and heavy ztyle.... Well I think I found a third explanation.

ILS
Give it a rest Marco, lol.

Q99
If you don't wait for your chance, you could overextend or make a strike too predictable and easy to block. It's not speed itself that's bad, but jumping to the wrong moves.

Marco1907
Speedblitzing really does not suit for Star Wars universe, we should call it saberblitz. Clearly being too fast / quick is not a good thing in duel, you need skill more than pure speed to beat your enemy,

That is why I called Grievous vs. Maul is the only speedblitz since Maul just blatantly jumps on him with sheer strength.

DARTH POWER
^ Which is exactly why Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon doing a superfast sprint at the beginning of TPM, and many Jedi/Sith doing super fast leaps and summersaults, in no way means that Jedi/Sith move that fast in actual combat..

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Marco1907
Speedblitzing really does not suit for Star Wars universe, we should call it saberblitz. Clearly being too fast / quick is not a good thing in duel, you need skill more than pure speed to beat your enemy,

That is why I called Grievous vs. Maul is the only speedblitz since Maul just blatantly jumps on him with sheer strength.

But having both iz a great advantage learn the technic at normal zpeed and the uze force zpeed at phyzical and mental level. That'z what Ulic and Mandalorian war Revan doez and that'z effectiv....

The equilibre between phyzical abilitiez/zkillz require to win depend on the fighting ztyle employed by you and your ennemy.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Which is exactly why Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon doing a superfast sprint at the beginning of TPM, and many Jedi/Sith doing super fast leaps and summersaults, in no way means that Jedi/Sith move that fast in actual combat.. except they actually do, and this thread is stupid. The quote was about jumping the gun and not waiting for an opening, being "too quick". Not speed overall. That is like saying the Flash sucks because he is too quick. Speed in general is a good thing, Idk what Marco is thinking right now

ILS
It's quite simple really.

Vader is slow robot man who can't compete with speedy beings like Dooku and Maul.

Sidious is an overexcited old man who gets his torso kicked for being too reckless with his speed.

Maul is the perfect middle ground. He's not too fast but not too slow either, and that's why he will always reign supreme.

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS

Vader is slow robot man who can't compete with speedy beings like Dooku and Great Sith Lord Darth Maul.

Sidious is an overexcited old man who gets his torso kicked for being too reckless with his speed.

Great Sith Lord Darth Maul is the perfect middle ground. He's not too fast but not too slow either, and that's why he will always reign supreme.

Fixed.

ILS
Originally posted by Trocity

Vader is slow robot man who can't compete with speedy beings like Dooku and Great Rival Sith Lord Master Darth Maul.

Great Rival Sith Lord Master Darth Maul is the perfect middle ground. He's not too fast but not too slow either, and that's why he will always reign supreme. Improved.

Zenwolf
Speedblitzing can/does fit into SW...not sure why it can't.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Speedblitzing can/does fit into SW...not sure why it can't. because Marco Polo will make Maul better by any means necessary. Even if those means are completely disregarding one of the core elements of star wars.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by WildBantha88
except they actually do, and this thread is stupid. The quote was about jumping the gun and not waiting for an opening, being "too quick". Not speed overall. That is like saying the Flash sucks because he is too quick. Speed in general is a good thing, Idk what Marco is thinking right now

The quote was about having perfect balance and timing. And not just making every attack as fast as you possibly can.

Speed is only a good thing if you have the correct amount of reflexes and timing to go with that speed and keep your balance.

Marco1907

Because you need more skill than speed in ''saberblitz'' (not speedblitz) that is why. As you can see from this thread, Maul does not use his sword to stomp General Grievous, he is just using his speed + strength, not his sword skills.

Originally posted by ILS

Vader is slow robot man who can't compete with speedy beings like Dooku and Maul.

Maul is the perfect middle ground. He's not too fast but not too slow either, and that's why he will always reign supreme.

I am sure now you are a Sidious and Vader fanboy. I really start to doubt about your Maul fanboyism, I mean how a Maul fan can say that crippled Vader is better duelist than Darth Maul ? And Shaak Ti is more powerful in the force than Darth Maul ? Lmfao.

Stop trying to deceive us ILS and just be honest about it.

Trocity
I am sure now you are a Sidious and Vader fanboy. I really start to doubt about your Maul fanboyism, I mean how a Maul fan can say that crippled Vader is better duelist than Darth Maul ?

At least you unwittingly just admitted you are bias, if it wasn't already obvious.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Trocity
At least you unwittingly just admitted you are bias, if it wasn't already obvious.

I am bias, but I am just using logical feats, for example I say Darth Maul can hold his own against Sidious, because he is fast and skilled enough to do it, and I can prove it with real evidences, but according to ILS (socalled Maul fan) Sidious would saberblitz Maul whenever he likes.

Or ILS says Anakin is one tier ahead of Maul in terms of skill, while he clearly not by MagnaGuards feats and their dueling feats against Obi-Wan.

Zenwolf
Because you need more skill than speed in ''saberblitz'' (not speedblitz) that is why. As you can see from this thread, Maul does not use his sword to stomp General Grievous, he is just using his speed + strength, not his sword skills.

I am sure now you are a Sidious and Vader fanboy. I really start to doubt about your Maul fanboyism, I mean how a Maul fan can say that crippled Vader is better duelist than Darth Maul ? And Shaak Ti is more powerful in the force than Darth Maul ? Lmfao.

Stop trying to deceive us ILS and just be honest about it.

Who says that Jedi/Sith are the only ones capable of speedblitzing?

Marco1907
Yeah, probably they are not.

SIDIOUS 66

Because DP can see the fights with his eyes. He has this theory, which is well supported and doesn't contradict Mcdiarmid, Lucas, and multiple EU sources, that Kolar and Tiin were standing like statues because Sidious froze them with the force.

WildBantha88
I am bias, but I am just using logical feats, for example I say Darth Maul can hold his own against Sidious, because he is fast and skilled enough to do it, and I can prove it with real evidences, but according to ILS (socalled Maul fan) Sidious would saberblitz Maul whenever he likes.

Or ILS says Anakin is one tier ahead of Maul in terms of skill, while he clearly not by MagnaGuards feats and their dueling feats against Obi-Wan. Lol Maul did not hold his own, he got wrecked. The battle lasted a few seconds and at the end of it Maul was crying on the floor. Plus maul was in a force d
Rage

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Because DP can see the fights with his eyes. He has this theory, which is well supported and doesn't contradict Mcdiarmid, Lucas, and multiple EU sources, that Kolar and Tiin were standing like statues because Sidious froze them with the force.

No no you were right all along Sid66! McDiarmid is obviously a creator of Canon and therefore a completely valid source.

And anyone who doesn't believe Sids is Invisible clearly hasn't read the Quote from Lucas where he says Just That!

What was the quote again? Oh yeah I remember "You have to be either Mace or Yoda to have The Speed to even Perceive The Emperor. "

^I mean that quote right there is pretty clear cut and Exactly what Lucas said. No Lie.

Marco1907
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Lol Maul did not hold his own, he got wrecked. The battle lasted a few seconds and at the end of it Maul was crying on the floor. Plus maul was in a force d
Rage

Kicking Sidious's torso ? Blade lock in the end ? I believe you were sleeping when those happened. And it was not shorter than Windu vs. Sidious duel, not '' a few seconds''. It was long enough.

Not to mention Maul carried that fight that long not Savage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.