Captain Britain & Psylocke vs. Drax & Gamora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Sin I AM
Dumb drax? If not Britain solos

Stoic
Gamora would beat the life out of Brian. Believe it.

Sin I AM
Naw

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Naw

He's too clunky in his movements. Gamora would be all over him in seconds tearing him apart, and he wouldn't lay a finger on her. Look at how she dealt with a Maxam. Max would cave Brian's chest in. yes When Brian fought Betsy, he couldn't lay a glove on her, and that was at a time when he had both eyes. Gamora would see that she could repeatedly slap him in his head with no response from him. Whap... You like that sh!t? What... want some more? Whap! She'd tee off on him. Betsy knows she don't want none of Gams, so she'd play booty tag with Drax.

Sin I AM
Iirc didn't brian beat his sis solidly

krisblaze
Originally posted by Stoic
He's too clunky in his movements. Gamora would be all over him in seconds tearing him apart, and he wouldn't lay a finger on her. Look at how she dealt with a Maxam. Max would cave Brian's chest in. yes When Brian fought Betsy, he couldn't lay a glove on her, and that was at a time when he had both eyes. Gamora would see that she could repeatedly slap him in his head with no response from him. Whap... You like that sh!t? What... want some more? Whap! She'd tee off on him. Betsy knows she don't want none of Gams, so she'd play booty tag with Drax.
That's old as phuck.

Stay up to date on CB.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Iirc didn't brian beat his sis solidly

Not that I know of? When are you talking about? I though Brian had a very hard time even laying a hand on her, while she lacked the power to hurt him. They pretty much stalemated from what I recall.

Originally posted by krisblaze
That's old as phuck.

Stay up to date on CB.

This isn't Pre Crisis. What's old to us isn't old in a comic. Look at how old Franklin Richards is. That boy is still nearly the same age that he was when I was a boy. I bet if you had children right now, that they'd grow up before Franklin did and have children of their own, before he turns 25 yrs old. When did Brian learn to fight with skill on Gamora's level? She would turn him out. She may even one shot him with a nerve strike to the neck.

Gamora beat the hell out of Ronan, and Ronan had easily dealt with Stellaris. So what is half blind Brian going to do when Gamora is dancing on his face, and tagging him like she did to Thanos? Thanos likely has superior movement speed in comparison to Brian, and he couldn't lay a glove on her.

StyleTime
Betsy knows she don't want none of Gams, so she'd play booty tag with Drax.
Psylocke is allowed to use telepathy here. She'd probably blow Gamora right out the water.

Stoic
Originally posted by StyleTime
Psylocke is allowed to use telepathy here. She'd probably blow Gamora right out the water.

Didn't Gamora already deal with Betsy? I thought she one shot put her on her behind?

StyleTime
I don't think they've fought each other before.

krisblaze
Not that I know of? When are you talking about? I though Brian had a very hard time even laying a hand on her, while she lacked the power to hurt him. They pretty much stalemated from what I recall.

This isn't Pre Crisis. What's old to us isn't old in a comic. Look at how old Franklin Richards is. That boy is still nearly the same age that he was when I was a boy. I bet if you had children right now, that they'd grow up before Franklin did and have children of their own, before he turns 25 yrs old. When did Brian learn to fight with skill on Gamora's level? She would turn him out. She may even one shot him with a nerve strike to the neck.

Gamora beat the hell out of Ronan, and Ronan had easily dealt with Stellaris. So what is half blind Brian going to do when Gamora is dancing on his face, and tagging him like she did to Thanos? Thanos likely has superior movement speed in comparison to Brian, and he couldn't lay a glove on her.

Seriously guy

Gamora and Ronan were being mindcontrolled by Glorian. She was amped as phuck, and she didn't beat him.... You've probably not read the comic, just seen scans online.

It's old and outdated because it's not relevant to current CB.

Stoic
Seriously guy

Gamora and Ronan were being mindcontrolled by Glorian. She was amped as phuck, and she didn't beat him.... You've probably not read the comic, just seen scans online.

Seriously Guy.

Was she amped as Phuck when she took on Maxam? She was also further augmented by Adam Warlock Guy. In her original form she was augmented by Thanos to rival Warlock himself, and as I mentioned, Warlock later made her even more powerful. When did Brian's combat skills increase to the level that he would even touch her in a fight? Power doesn't mean anything if you are unable to hit your mark Guy. Where are these displays that he has somehow become as good of a warrior as someone feared on a thousand planets?

krisblaze
She was not amped as phuck when she fought those other guys. I'm not making a case for Gamora not having super-speed, though nice try at strawmanning.

I'm simply calling you on your repeated misuse of the annihilation fight.

I take it you never read Excalibur or Mi13 as well, if you're still clamining that Britain has no superspeed or fighting skills big grin

Stoic
She was not amped as phuck when she fought those other guys. I'm not making a case for Gamora not having super-speed, though nice try at strawmanning.

I'm simply calling you on your repeated misuse of the annihilation fight.

I take it you never read Excalibur or Mi13 as well, if you're still clamining that Britain has no superspeed or fighting skills big grin

No I did not, but I just caught up with his history. I used to follow Excaliber, and Brian was always a 2nd stringer, and never came across as a true heavy weight to me. From what I understand, his powers depend on his mental state these days, which struck me as being unstable. Gamora isn't just fast, she's incredibly strong for a character of her size. She is an accomplished gymnast, and martial artist. She learned MA skills from several planets making her incredibly deadly up close. She would see Brian like a professional fighter sees an inept amateur. There hasn't been one showing of Brian's to convince me that he can stand up to a fall out assault from Gamora. He has also lost half of his sight. What do you think that would tell a fighter of Gamora's caliber? She touched the Thing, and put him out. By feats, I believe that the Thing is tougher than Brian. I can't see one reason why she would not be able to do the same thing to him.

I did read the Annihilation comic, but I admit that I may have forgotten a detail or two, because my mind isn't stuck on every comic that I have read. I only rely on scans here, because I have no time to get into the scan every page of super feats that I have read. The respect section is flawed anyway, because it only ever shows the characters good sides. Gamora is just too slick for Brian, and it's actually a good thing that they didn't give her eye blasts, and increase her strength to class 100.

I'm not too sure about Psylocke. I may not be remembering correctly, but I thought that Gamora had a brief run in with Betsy when the Infinity Watch and Thanos fought them. One thing I am almost 100% sure about, is that Gamora would be all in Brian's a$$, and he wouldn't be able to get her off of him. She's too slick, and he wouldn't be able to resist multiple strikes from her. He probably is more powerful than she is, but again he would have to hit her.

I don't know about Drax's TP resistance, he was made to combat Thanos so he may have strong defenses against it. I can't find anything on Gamora's TP resistance, but I believe that she would take Betsy in just H2H. Drax is the wild card.

Existere
Seriously guy

It's old and outdated because it's not relevant to current CB. Gamora and Ronan were manipulated by Glorian, sure, but not controlled in any sense.

She was also only 'amped' by having Godslayer, which didn't apparently increase any of her stats.

krisblaze
No I did not, but I just caught up with his history. I used to follow Excaliber, and Brian was always a 2nd stringer, and never came across as a true heavy weight to me. From what I understand, his powers depend on his mental state these days, which struck me as being unstable. Gamora isn't just fast, she's incredibly strong for a character of her size. She is an accomplished gymnast, and martial artist. She learned MA skills from several planets making her incredibly deadly up close. She would see Brian like a professional fighter sees an inept amateur. There hasn't been one showing of Brian's to convince me that he can stand up to a fall out assault from Gamora. He has also lost half of his sight. What do you think that would tell a fighter of Gamora's caliber? She touched the Thing, and put him out. By feats, I believe that the Thing is tougher than Brian. I can't see one reason why she would not be able to do the same thing to him.

I did read the Annihilation comic, but I admit that I may have forgotten a detail or two, because my mind isn't stuck on every comic that I have read. I only rely on scans here, because I have no time to get into the scan every page of super feats that I have read. The respect section is flawed anyway, because it only ever shows the characters good sides. Gamora is just too slick for Brian, and it's actually a good thing that they didn't give her eye blasts, and increase her strength to class 100.

I'm not too sure about Psylocke. I may not be remembering correctly, but I thought that Gamora had a brief run in with Betsy when the Infinity Watch and Thanos fought them. One thing I am almost 100% sure about, is that Gamora would be all in Brian's a$$, and he wouldn't be able to get her off of him. She's too slick, and he wouldn't be able to resist multiple strikes from her. He probably is more powerful than she is, but again he would have to hit her.

I don't know about Drax's TP resistance, he was made to combat Thanos so he may have strong defenses against it. I can't find anything on Gamora's TP resistance, but I believe that she would take Betsy in just H2H. Drax is the wild card.

I only ask that you remember the context surrounding the fights.

Like Ronan and Stellaris, or Ronan and Gamora.

I don't need constant renderings of what you think would happen in the fight, or these gruellingly basic reminders of her powerset.

Captain Britain not the Blob. He has superhuman speed and reflexes. He's not as skilled as Gamora, nobody is, but that doesn't mean that she's somehow untouchable or that she'll endlessly dance around him. Especially not when this is actually a 2v2. Even in the highly unlikely scenario where CB could never touch her, Psylocke would still trounce her.

Existere
Current Psylocke doesn't really employ any offensive telepathy mid-combat like she used to, and is now all about creating various medieval weaponry with TK, apparently.

For most characters, this probably wouldn't be too relevant as long as they've demonstrated powers or tactics in the past, even if they're penned as having somehow 'forgotten' those powers under their 2014 writer.

For Psylocke though, usually when she 'forgets' a power its because her whole powerset changed... ermm shadow teleportation anyone?

StyleTime
Ah, yes. Shadow porting.

Remember when her telekinesis mysteriously disappeared? Guggenheim seems like he's bringing it back, but I think even the writers aren't sure what her powers are at this point.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Existere
Current Psylocke doesn't really employ any offensive telepathy mid-combat like she used to, and is now all about creating various medieval weaponry with TK, apparently.

For most characters, this probably wouldn't be too relevant as long as they've demonstrated powers or tactics in the past, even if they're penned as having somehow 'forgotten' those powers under their 2014 writer.

For Psylocke though, usually when she 'forgets' a power its because her whole powerset changed... ermm shadow teleportation anyone?

Yes in the uncanny x-force sense Psylocke might actually be the weakest one here....

Though she's done some impressive things with her telepathy at least.

abhilegend
Psylocke scanned the whole planet via telepathy IIRC. Or was it rachel?

StyleTime
I don't recall that incident off the top of my head, but she did casually drop a room of people which included Fantomex recently. It's impressive considering Fantomex's mask had a perfect record against telepaths(including Xavier, Jean, Shadow King,etc) if memory serves me. There was a nullifier field in the area too, so it's a pretty damn high feat all things considered.

http://s16.postimg.org/b6m5x0q7l/Psylocke_Drops_Room.jpg

Anyways, before the void swallows this thread, I'll go ahead and toss this out there. Psylocke still uses her telepathy offensively. I think her tp gets less shine in X-Men because....well because Brian Wood ermm. All of these were in the last few months of X-Force though. There's other examples, but I think it's safe to assume she is still capable of the ol' mind blast.

http://s15.postimg.org/ggh99nv5z/Psylocke_TPAssault.jpg http://s17.postimg.org/bvmpouqy3/Psylocke_TPAssault2.jpg http://s29.postimg.org/5s7ec5czn/Psylocke_TPAssault3.jpg http://s23.postimg.org/4wxglte93/Psylocke_TPAssault4.jpg

She's undergoing a powerset change true, but the change appears to be the return of her telekinesis. She's only doing basic stuff right now with it though, so I can't argue for it in a forum fight; however, it's definitely back.

Stoic
I only ask that you remember the context surrounding the fights.

Like Ronan and Stellaris, or Ronan and Gamora.

I don't need constant renderings of what you think would happen in the fight, or these gruellingly basic reminders of her powerset.

Captain Britain not the Blob. He has superhuman speed and reflexes. He's not as skilled as Gamora, nobody is, but that doesn't mean that she's somehow untouchable or that she'll endlessly dance around him. Especially not when this is actually a 2v2. Even in the highly unlikely scenario where CB could never touch her, Psylocke would still trounce her.

She wouldn't have to endlessly dance around Brian, she could one shot him. Carol actually beat him up this week, and it took about one panel to do it. She one paneled him. Psylocke could be a problem, but Brian certainly isn't.

Originally posted by Galan007
New Avengers (2/2):
http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598894_New_Avengers_2013-_028-015.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598895_New_Avengers_2013-_028-016.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598896_New_Avengers_2013-_028-017.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598897_New_Avengers_2013-_028-018.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598901_New_Avengers_2013-_028-019.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598902_New_Avengers_2013-_028-020.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/21598903_New_Avengers_2013-_028-021.jpg

Stoic
Seriously guy

Oh and i had the chance to go back and check out that amplification that you were talking about, and I couldn't find out what you were talking about?

I also don't understand exactly what you mean by she didn't beat him? You mean she didn't KO him, or kill him? If that's what you mean, you're right, but she did get the better of him in that fight.

krisblaze
She can def hurt him, but the mostly offpanel fight with CM is absolutely no indication of gamora being able to one-shot him.

Stoic
She can def hurt him, but the mostly offpanel fight with CM is absolutely no indication of gamora being able to one-shot him.

She took out classic Rogue, and the She Hulk together. She one shot Kayoed the Thing. I think Brian would be one shot as well, based on his very recent showing against Carrol. She knocked him out in one panel. Gamora is vastly more skilled than Carol, while She Hulk is stronger than Carol. ABC logic may not work every time, but it does some of the time.

krisblaze
^It sure as shit does not work this time.

You're leaving out a couple of things here.

1) Captain Britain had been fighting the War Machines prior to that, and in fact killed more than both the Hulk and Black Panther smile

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_Avengers2012-039-015.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_Avengers2012-039-016.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_Avengers2012-039-020.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_Avengers2012-039-021.jpg

2) We could only see one/two panel of their fight.

3) Most important, he was up and standing rigth after she allegedly "defeated" him, as you can clearly see yourself when Invisible Woman traps them. In fact Britain got up faster than the Hulk did when Ms.Marvel beat on him no expression

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_NewAvengers2013-028-019.jpg

So no, the ABC logic of "Gamora being more skilled than Carol and Carol beating Captain Britain meaning that Gamora will beat Captain Britain" does not apply here.

P.S Late post, I didn't get to read the comic until today.

Stoic
Show me all of Brian's combat mastery, and why he would be viewed as anything more than a combat dummy by someone of Gamora's skill. We know that she can put a hurting on him with one strike. This isn't just some simple ABC logic, Gamora is far superior to Brian in terms of combat, and it's laughable for you to bring up the Hulk, and any other character that do not actually have her combat expertise. What stop her from doing the same thing to Brian as she did to She Hulk, and classic Rogue? Yes it happened long ago, but that does not take away from her skill, nor has it been somehow deemed non canon because of the time frame in which it occurred. There isn't one shred of proof to support her not beating him like a 1st class rank amateur. Show me his combat expertise.

krisblaze
You misunderstood everything.

I was pointing out his fight against the war machine in comparison to Hulk and Black Panther in relevance to his "loss" against Carol, not as a skill showing.

It's becoming painfully evident that you haven't read any Excalibur. Why don't you do yourself a favour and read some of the best stuff Claremont and Ellis wrote. As opposed to asking me to summarize 100 phucking comics for you. It's not that much to assume you at least know the bare basics about a character before you start debating them. You didn't even know he had super-speed!

Supermex
How would Gamora beat Capt.Britain?

Capt.Britain has pre-cog at a stupid level I believe, After his resurrection these abilities were further enhanced over his original form..

krisblaze
To further build on this. Captain Britain had great agility and reflexes when he originally derived his powers from magical items. After his resurrection these abilities were further enhanced and internalized.

Stoic
You misunderstood everything.

I was pointing out his fight against the war machine in comparison to Hulk and Black Panther in relevance to his "loss" against Carol, not as a skill showing.

It's becoming painfully evident that you haven't read any Excalibur. Why don't you do yourself a favour and read some of the best stuff Claremont and Ellis wrote. As opposed to asking me to summarize 100 phucking comics for you. It's not that much to assume you at least know the bare basics about a character before you start debating them. You didn't even know he had super-speed!

I know, but it was the ABC logic part that drew my attention. Gamora would beat the life out of Carol with skill, and since she has the power to actually do her very real harm. Carol is stronger than Gamora, but it is not by a landslide. Gamora has the skills to ignore Carol's natural durability (body armor), and hit her directly. She would beat Brian really badly, and this is based on seeing Brian fight. Brian is one of those super types with average combat skills (Wonder Man level or less). He depends heavily on his powers, and has never been portrayed as an expert combatant like someone like Thor, who is an actual battle vet, and knows his way around a battle field. Gamora would kill Brian if she had to, and it wouldn't take very long. Despite what people may think, she actually damage Thanos with her strikes, This is Thanos. Imagine what those same strikes would have done to Brian. I mean it's not even close. Betsy is the real threat here.

krisblaze
You're just wrong.

You didn't read his 70s/80s stuff.

Britain's probably one of the most skilled non-MA character on Marvel Earth.

Stoic
Originally posted by Supermex
How would Gamora beat Capt.Britain?

Capt.Britain has pre-cog at a stupid level I believe, After his resurrection these abilities were further enhanced over his original form..

So he would know that he was going to be whipped but would not actually be able to do anything about it. Are you actually going to try to make a case for him, when his combat skills are nothing in comparison to hers? Would the pre cog suddenly teach him how to fight? Show me Brian's combat expertise. Did you know that Brian has a confidence problem as well? guess what would happen when Gamora hit him once?

Supermex
So he would know that he was going to be whipped but would not actually be able to do anything about it. Are you actually going to try to make a case for him, when his combat skills are nothing in comparison to hers? Would the pre cog suddenly teach him how to fight? Show me Brian's combat expertise. Did you know that Brian has a confidence problem as well? guess what would happen when Gamora hit him once?

Your mean!!
lol

krisblaze
Here's an example of that precog. He can tell that Black Panther is teleporting in before he actually does.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_NewAvengers2013-025-022.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_NewAvengers2013-025-023.jpg

Stoic
You're just wrong.

You didn't read his 70s/80s stuff.

Britain's probably one of the most skilled non-MA character on Marvel Earth.

Show me what he's doing today, because he got a total overhaul. Like I mentioned, Brian's power levels depend on his confidence. He is normally as strong as he was back in the Excalibur days, but if he loses confidence, he loses power. Mention one feat that places him on Gamora's level in terms of combat expertise. You say that he is one of the best MA practitioners on Earth, i call that BS to the highest degree not insulting you, just going from what has been shown by him. Does a expert MA practitioner fly face first into the Juggernaut's fists knowing that Cain is superior to themselves in terms of just about everything?

The only time that I would get behind Brian would be if he was fighting Jarvis.

krisblaze
He got a overhaul in the sense that his powers were internalized and boosted.

You can't pull the "what's been shown by him" when you haven't read any of his comics smile

I said most skilled "non-MA" in Marvel.

Supermex

Can't really answer that right now, but I Dont think CB fighting skills are as bad as your making them out to be.

Gamora is a badass, but CB has a power-set she can't match. If CB really sucks at fighting like you say then yup she might win.

Captain Britain is like Shazam lite some say.

Stoic
Here's an example of that precog. He can tell that Black Panther is teleporting in before he actually does.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_NewAvengers2013-025-022.jpg http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/th_NewAvengers2013-025-023.jpg

Yes that's fine and dandy, but what happens when she is in his face? This is like giving a system of security cameras the win over Gamora. They see her coming, but they can't do anything to stop her. Dude do yourself a favor, don't throw in with Brian, I used to do this, and learned not to in the long run. he's just too civilized to win against Gamora. She'd flatten him out, and kick his ass in. like I said, she has striking power capable of actually hurting Thanos, but it's not due to her strength, but her ability to find those nerve clusters. I predict a one shot if they ever met. Or Brian would simply yield before things got out of control. Just... listen man just don't back Brian, it's like backing the 2014 NY Knicks. Just don't.

krisblaze
You're just repeating the same tired lines over and over.

You've never read any of the comics involving Captain Britain, especially if you don't think he's willing to kill...

Look up what happened to Slaymaster, and you can see how Britain deals with martial artists.

That's it, I'm starting a Captain Britain respect thread.

Stoic
You're just repeating the same tired lines over and over.

You've never read any of the comics involving Captain Britain, especially if you don't think he's willing to kill...

Look up what happened to Slaymaster, and you can see how Britain deals with martial artists.

That's it, I'm starting a Captain Britain respect thread.

There are martial artists, and then there is Gamora. She doesn't just know Earth based Martial arts, she knows martial arts from several different worlds. Tired or not, Brian would not be a challenge for her. She beat classic Rogue, and the She Hulk in seconds, and they attacked her at the same time. Brian would have been pulled down by that duo, and beaten up. There is a difference in skill here, and unless you can show me some way that he is her equal in combat there is no reason in the world that Brian should last more than a couple seconds against Gamora. If she can damage Thanos, what do you think that she would do to Brian? Do you think that he possesses the skills to stop her from hitting him or something?

krisblaze
That's not just a ridiculous no-limits fallacy, but also one that ignores all of Gamora's losses.

You don't have to be as skilled as Gamora to beat her, that's a ridiculous notion.

Pressure points are different with Britain, as Slaymaster notes, because you have to get through his forcefield first.

For this match it doesn't matter, since Psylocke kills her instantly.

Stoic
That's not just a ridiculous no-limits fallacy, but also one that ignores all of Gamora's losses.

You don't have to be as skilled as Gamora to beat her, that's a ridiculous notion.

Pressure points are different with Britain, as Slaymaster notes, because you have to get through his forcefield first.

For this match it doesn't matter, since Psylocke kills her instantly.

You don't need to be unbeatable to beat the hell out of Brian though. I already said that Betsy is the real threat here, but then again she may not be as effective against Drax. If Gamora took on Brian, she would win. His force filed is not up to par with Cain's, let's not pretend that it is. Did it stop him from losing the eye? Did it stop Carol from beating him up? Like I was saying, once Brian is taken out of the equation, Betsy would have to contend with both Drax, and Gamora. Since both Drax, and Gamora automatically know Betsy's abilities, choosing the appropriate dance partner would be as simple as engaging them from the start. I question Betsy's ability to deal with Drax because he may have strong TP resistances, after all he was created to kill a very powerful telepath (Thanos).

Show me one instance of Brian's force field no selling someone as strong as Gamora, and I can't understand for the life of me, why you want to compare her to an inferior specimen? No she is not invincible, but neither is Brian. The difference is that she can actually fight far better than he can. This isn't going to somehow change.

krisblaze
You can wait for the respect thread smile

Stoic
You can wait for the respect thread smile

Can't wait to see it. Are you working on it?

krisblaze
Can't wait to see it. Are you working on it?

Start just now smile

StyleTime
Since both Drax, and Gamora automatically know Betsy's abilities, choosing the appropriate dance partner would be as simple as engaging them from the start. I question Betsy's ability to deal with Drax because he may have strong TP resistances, after all he was created to kill a very powerful telepath (Thanos).

Switching partners won't help, since Psylocke can shut Gamora off regardless of who she fights.

I don't think Thanos has ever assaulted Drax telepathically, although I doubt it'd matter. Drax's anti-Thanos aura seems to apply only to Thanos. For example, he can punch holes through Thanos, but Bendis-force Young Jean had to save his whole crew from Gladiator. We saw the Matriarch control him mentally too, so I'd argue Psylocke could.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.