Quicksilver Vs DCnu Cyborg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep no BFR. Mid town manhattan. Start distance 1 city block.

carver9
Quicksilver if he doesn't get hit.

Reflassshh
Pietro wins.

DarkSaint85
QS.

Sin I AM
Did QS get an upgrade? How the hell does he put down Cyborg

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Did QS get an upgrade? How the hell does he put down Cyborg

By using his FTL speed.

Sin I AM
That's not really an answer. He's gone ftl recently and actually done something noteworthy?

-K-M-
He had the scene where he ran faster then the radio waves, which is what people refer to in regards to his FTL speed. He has done nothing close to going faster then light before or after that scene. Very likely author didn't mean it to be faster then light as it was a throw away panel as a means to show they couldn't contact him. Most likely assumed faster then sound

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by -K-M-
He had the scene where he ran faster then the radio waves, which is what people refer to in regards to his FTL speed. He has done nothing close to going faster then light before or after that scene. Very likely author didn't mean it to be faster then light as it was a throw away panel as a means to show they couldn't contact him. Most likely assumed faster then sound

He may have gone faster than light when he absorbed the Isotope E. But otherwise I am not sure. Probably wasn't faster than light. Just a huge amount faster than before.

KingD19
While not FTL, he is fast enough that Cyborg shouldn't be able to touch him, and hitting him at those speeds will definitely do some damage.

Magneto also has a feat from the 90's where Northstar tried to speedblitz him and he easily caught him, then compared him to Pietro and said he was slower.

-K-M-
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
He may have gone faster than light when he absorbed the Isotope E. But otherwise I am not sure. Probably wasn't faster than light. Just a huge amount faster than before.

From the 90s? He was Mach 10 with the isotope.

One_Angry_Scot
From the 90s? He was Mach 10 with the isotope.

Ah yeah my mistake, I had it in my Exodus thread as they thought.

Made a mistake. Apologies. That's probably one of the fastest versions of Pietro isn't it though?

It was a good idea. Mags powers plus amped speed.

carver9
Originally posted by KingD19
While not FTL, he is fast enough that Cyborg shouldn't be able to touch him, and hitting him at those speeds will definitely do some damage.

Magneto also has a feat from the 90's where Northstar tried to speedblitz him and he easily caught him, then compared him to Pietro and said he was slower.

thumb up

Sin I AM

Thats the only scene ive remember and iirc Northstar has always been the fastest earthbound speedster

-K-M-

Yeah but he Northstar went faster then escape velocity, faster then qs at that time has ever done. It was PIS as magneto actually faster then Northstar? Not a chance.

DarkSaint85

Yeah.

Tbh, if Cyborg is at his levels of 'Man, the Watchtower's computers are slow' level, he SHOULD be able to keep up - we saw how well supercomputers do against speedsters, with regards to the Justice Buster suit...

Digi
Some good points raised. But conversely, how does Vic hit QS? If he can outrun sound waves, the sonic cannon is a no-go, and most other attacks will come against similar arguments. Vic may have reaction feats, but are they really at QS level?

-K-M-
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Ah yeah my mistake, I had it in my Exodus thread as they thought.

Made a mistake. Apologies. That's probably one of the fastest versions of Pietro isn't it though?

It was a good idea. Mags powers plus amped speed.

Naaaa current version after regaining his powers is the fatest he has ever been by a large margin

Sin I AM

How? Quicksilvers powerset isnt unique especially among dc heroes. Vic shouldn't have any issue tagging him

KingD19
Yeah. But it was the only other FTL mentioning I could think of.

And around the same time as the radio waves, QS ran halfway around the world in a minute and a half, and ran to another continent and back before someone could finish three or four words in a sentence. Also he casually dodged Thor's lightning and told him he'd been dodging lightning bolts since puberty.

carver9
Yep. The fts are there.

carver9
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/24179/1087848-magnetonorthstar2.png

-K-M-
And then Northstar went escape velocity a speed qs never came close to. Also Northstar > magneto in speed.

Hell he even hit magneto first before he flew off and mags didn't catch him when serious. So more then likely Northstar wasn't going anywhere near his top during the start of the scene

KingD19
How fast do you think he'd have to go to get halfway around the world in 90 seconds? Escape velocity is 7 miles per second, and that seems more than fast enough for the world feat or outracing radio waves.

Sin I AM
Whoever used the outracing lightning scene must've not seen the ownage right after

KingD19
I don't remember the full fight. Just pointing out speed feats. And dodging Thor's lightning is one of them.

-K-M-
How fast do you think he'd have to go to get halfway around the world in 90 seconds? Escape velocity is 7 miles per second, and that seems more than fast enough for the world feat or outracing radio waves.

I was referring to 90s QS, that feat was significantly above what qs has ever done up to that point. Current is faaaaaaaaar faster then when he was in the 90s and faster then escape velocity. That scan was PIS. He only got a speed upgrade since son of m.

northstar is still faster then qs but that's off-topic

KingD19
I don't remember the full fight. Just pointing out speed feats. And dodging Thor's lightning is one of them.

At the time it was yeah. Just like I said pointing out it was the only reference between QS and NS I'd seen.

carver9
Whoever used the outracing lightning scene must've not seen the ownage right after

Thor slamming the ground knocking QS off his ft?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Thor slamming the ground knocking QS off his ft?

Did u just Google it or something cause u seem unsure

Sin I AM
Can someone tell me how he putd Vic down? Even if he COULD go ftl which he cant. What's he gonna do against aoe or flight, how will he bypass his durability? Does quicksilver have a new infinite mass punch that im unaware of?

carver9
Did u just Google it or something cause u seem unsure

Lol...nope. I know for a fact what happened. I'm asking you is that the scene you are talking about?

Sin I AM
Hes only outraced thors lightning once so put those intuitive skills of yours to work.

carver9
Hes only outraced thors lightning once so put those intuitive skills of yours to work.

Was lightning thrown at him again? If not, him out running lightning once should be a good indication of what would happen a second time, correct? Unless again, you know of a lightning showing vs Quicksilver that I am unaware of?

Sin I AM
Was lightning thrown at him again? If not, him out running lightning once should be a good indication of what would happen a second time, correct? Unless again, you know of a lightning showing vs Quicksilver that I am unaware of?

What are you blathering about? Thor shot lightning from mjolnir at him. Qs dodged it started shit talking, thor hit the ground, grabbed the "ftl" speedster before he could respond and showed him what true power is. None of that matters anyway since cyborg can replicate the feat and qs has no way of putting him down if he did tag him. And once he gets grabbed. It lights out. This aint mr x he's fighting here

carver9
What are you blathering about? Thor shot lightning from mjolnir at him. Qs dodged it started shit talking, thor hit the ground, grabbed the "ftl" speedster before he could respond and showed him what true power is. None of that matters anyway since cyborg can replicate the feat and qs has no way of putting him down if he did tag him. And once he gets grabbed. It lights out. This aint mr x he's fighting here

So much wrong in this post with a thousand ways to counter it. I am going to leave it alone though since I have no issues with you voting for Cyborg.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Board Walker
Cyborg mecha stomps, he could bring out the CC for a mega stomp.

Sin I AM
So much wrong in this post with a thousand ways to counter it. I am going to leave it alone though since I have no issues with you voting for Cyborg.

Lol school me. Please

celeyhyga17
Lol school me. Please
U gonna get it now.

Carver siccem!

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
U gonna get it now.

Carver siccem!

Why don't you post that much anymore?

celeyhyga17
Why don't you post that much anymore?
No Richie
No Mjolnir for the Odinson.
Sparse appearances by Orion and Blue Marvel.

Can you blame me?

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
No Richie
No Mjolnir for the Odinson.
Sparse appearances by Orion and Blue Marvel.

Can you blame me?

The new Nova has been beastly though and is getting more powerful after every fight.

Did you see Thor latest showing without Mjlonir. If anything, Thor fans should be loving this. We get to see Thor true potential without the hammer and so far, he has been beastly.

I agree with Blue Marvel. Orion has been doing good as well.

Don't get it. Every last one of you all left or rarely post. You, Rage, Damborgson, Jake. This place isn't close to being the same.

Digi
Did you see Thor latest showing without Mjlonir. If anything, Thor fans should be loving this. We get to see Thor true potential without the hammer and so far, he has been beastly.

I'm a Thor fan, but my love or hate has little to do with his feats.

srug

celeyhyga17
The new Nova has been beastly though and is getting more powerful after every fight.

I agree with Blue Marvel. Orion has been doing good as well.

Don't get it. Every last one of you all left or rarely post. You, Rage, Damborgson, Jake. This place isn't close to being the same.
Yes and yes.

I lurk and post every now and then. I see Dambo and Rage too. Haven't seen Jake.

Hope he's not dead. (That's me channeling my inner Mindset)

Originally posted by Digi

srug
Mods don't count as fans. Or human for that matter.

smokin'

carver9

srug

True but losing Mjlonir didn't change the character, so I was guessing Celey was talking about Thor power overall and his latest showing was amazing...let side of fts.

Board Walker
I too am a stalwart thor researcher, let us rejoice in Thor's character and not in his perceived power level. We bask in Thor for the experience, the warmth, the representation of human commitment!

We care not if Thor's power level has been reduced to high meta, and at times when pushing it to low herald. We care not if Thor is regularly beaten by every new villain, star brand, silver surfer, apocalypse, hulk, cyclops ,namor, wolverine. We care not if Thor lost all his versatility, raw power, and intelligence when he lost Mjolnir.

We like Thor for the character, regardless if all his feats are nothing more than being dominated by others and losses.

Hip hip horay!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Board Walker
I too am a stalwart thor researcher, let us rejoice in Thor's character and not in his perceived power level. We bask in Thor for the experience, the warmth, the representation of human commitment!

We care not if Thor's power level has been reduced to high meta, and at times when pushing it to low herald. We care not if Thor is regularly beaten by every new villain, star brand, silver surfer, apocalypse, hulk, cyclops ,namor, wolverine. We care not if Thor lost all his versatility, raw power, and intelligence when he lost Mjolnir.

We like Thor for the character, regardless if all his feats are nothing more than being dominated by others and losses.

Hip hip horay!

riv6672
And now for my " fun read, interesting tangents" post, after checking in on the thread.

abhilegend
Jake is schooling facebook users on comics last I talked with him.

DarkSaint85
Least he's still alive.

riv6672
Theres money in schooling facebookers?

krisblaze
Quicksilver slams it home.

srug

This smile

riv6672
That?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.