The Furies (Sandman) Vs Agamotto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/FS_zps1f6831c4.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/VI_zpsd3e60b9e.jpg

operator616
Furies.

Golgo13
Originally posted by operator616
Furies.

Any reasons? Wasn't Agamotto and the Vishanti pretty uber? Even taking on abstracts like Eternity/Galactus?

operator616
Originally posted by Golgo13
Any reasons? Wasn't Agamotto and the Vishanti pretty uber? Even taking on abstracts like Eternity/Galactus?

Because the Furies were tearing apart the dreaming and were stated to previously destroy universes.

Agamotto took a hungry Galactus inside his own realm and didn't do much of anything to him that i recall of.

Eternity is in a class of his own. Above Galactus and far above Agamotto.

zopzop
Agamotto.

CortSether
Agamotto because Vertigo is pretentious bs.

zopzop
Originally posted by CortSether
laughing thumb up

operator616

Goosfraba.

Goooosfraaaaba.

Golgo13
Nice reasoning, Marvel side.

Not!

CortSether
Well shucks, Golgo. I thought that first line was serious.

kevdude
Because the Furies were tearing apart the dreaming and were stated to previously destroy universes.

Agamotto took a hungry Galactus inside his own realm and didn't do much of anything to him that i recall of.

Going by this I don't think they would win vs the Furies.

VastoLord1234

They destroyed universes?

leonidas
yeah. they kill agamotto without much trouble. morpheus himself was multiversal and they were going to kill him, with prep.

krisblaze
If Agamotto invoke their wrath somehow, then the furies win.

If not then it seemed like they weren't all that powerful, and that Morpheus only died because he let them kill him.

leonidas
well, yeah, unless they are invoked they never come after someone, so i assume they have been invoked to kill him.... and it's true that in the end morpheus allowed himself to die, but there was no reason to believe he could have stopped them even had he fought them.

krisblaze
^Death claimed it several times IIRC.

leonidas
claimed what? that morpheus had the power to stop them....?

krisblaze
Originally posted by leonidas
claimed what? that morpheus had the power to stop them....?
Yes, and that the only reason he died was because he chose to play by the "old" rules.

leonidas
oh, yeah, that's true--he certainly felt he needed to be punished for what he did to orpheus. but the furies represented something even OLDER than the endless, and they too were bound by their own rules. morpheus did say at one point that had he never left the dreaming, he could have kept them out and stayed safe, but that they would have found other ways to punish him until they finally reached him--they were never going to stop. in their final confrontation dream didn't even have a way to harm them.

but of course they need to be invoked. for the thread purposes i assume aggy has shed blood that has called them down. if they were called down on him, i don't think he'd have any chance at all to withstand them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.