Ms. Marvel vs Namora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Can Carol take down Namora? Fight takes place near the New York harbor.

Mike82
This has already happened in Agents of Atlas #5 and Carol took a serious beating from Namora. A very dry Namora was strong enough to pin Ms Marvel down. The fight was pretty even with Carol gaining a slight edge. That was until Namora got a little wet. She then punched Carol straight up to the stratosphere. Namora then stomped Ms. Marvel back down to Earth, leaving Carol floored, and bloodied, barely conscious.

The next me they fight, Ms Marvel better hope it's in a desert with no water in sight. New York Harbor though? Ms. Marvel's about to get dominated.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mike82
This has already happened in Agents of Atlas #5 and Carol took a serious beating from Namora. A very dry Namora was strong enough to pin Ms Marvel down. The fight was pretty even with Carol gaining a slight edge. That was until Namora got a little wet. She then punched Carol straight up to the stratosphere. Namora then stomped Ms. Marvel back down to Earth, leaving Carol floored, and bloodied, barely conscious.

The next me they fight, Ms Marvel better hope it's in a desert with no water in sight. New York Harbor though? Ms. Marvel's about to get dominated.
thumb up
The fight is right here, among others :
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t512641.html

Namora destroys Carol.

Mike82
Thanks! I'm a Ms Marvel fan, so this fight was painful to watch. It was pretty awesome though to say the least. I don't think Carol has ever been on the receiving end of such an epic beatdown. I would have liked to have seen a rematch where Carol does a little better. Chances are, she's more likely to get dominated again.

I wonder how Carol would do against Namora under the following conditions:

Fight 1: They both fight in a desert. Carol uses all her powers
Fight 2: They fight in a desert. Ms Marvel can't use her energy powers
Fight3: They fight near a body of water. Namora is soaking wet and very angry. Carol must last 60 seconds. Namora may still want to hit Carol even if she taps out or is KOed within that timeframe.

Fight 2 interests me because a very dry Namora was able pin Ms Marvel down in that fight. What if she didn't have her energy powers to blast Namora away?

Fight 3, because, I don't know. I don't mind my favorite gal getting beaten and I thought the fight was a little too short.

Blue Area Vet
Thanks! I'm a Ms Marvel fan, so this fight was painful to watch. It was pretty awesome though to say the least. I don't think Carol has ever been on the receiving end of such an epic beatdown. I would have liked to have seen a rematch where Carol does a little better. Chances are, she's more likely to get dominated again.

I wonder how Carol would do against Namora under the following conditions:

Fight 1: They both fight in a desert. Carol uses all her powers
Fight 2: They fight in a desert. Ms Marvel can't use her energy powers
Fight3: They fight near a body of water. Namora is soaking wet and very angry. Carol must last 60 seconds. Namora may still want to hit Carol even if she taps out or is KOed within that timeframe.

Fight 2 interests me because a very dry Namora was able pin Ms Marvel down in that fight. What if she didn't have her energy powers to blast Namora away?

Fight 3, because, I don't know. I don't mind my favorite gal getting beaten and I thought the fight was a little too short.

No Binary?

Mike82
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
No Binary?

Oh, shoot. Yes, she can use binary. Carol might win the third round though. I think Namora would have the edge in any fight. Binary is not something Carol has easy access to.

juggernaut74
Binary stomps.

Mike82
Binary's a planet buster who "accidently" destroyed a planet. I would post a link, but since I'm a newbie, the forum doesn't love me. As Ms Marvel, Carol loses 2 out of 3. Without her energy blasts, Carol gets beat down by a dry Namora. Namora easily pinned Carol down at the begginig of the fight. With all her Powers, Carol wins. Binary would in fact stomp Namora. Without Binary, she's toast. Carol was lucky Namora let up when she did.

Blue Area Vet
I think it's way closer. That fight wasn't a stomp before Namora got wet.

Mike82
The fight was close, but that was with Ms Marvel using her energy blasts along with her strength. One of the fight scenarios has Carol holding back on the energy blasts. Considering Carol was pinned down rather quickly at the beginning, Namora seems to be quite a bit stronger than Carol. Even when she's dry.

nwg202
Has Namor ever defeated Carol? Just wondering how Carol does against submariners in general..

carver9
Namor fought her along with Wonderman and Ares and was stomping them.

Genii96
Namor has bitchslapped ms marvel before,saw it somewhere. Namora stomps ms marvel,one of my favt moments was their fight.

Mike82
Originally posted by Genii96
Namor has bitchslapped ms marvel before,saw it somewhere. Namora stomps ms marvel,one of my favt moments was their fight.

Yeah, that was my favorite part of comic. Even without seawater, Namora pinned down Ms Marvel rather easily. Carol had to use her energy attacks just to gain a slight edge. The Avengers were lucky Atlas left when they did. After Namora got doused with sea water, she was stronger than the whole Avengers team put together and beat the crap out of Ms Marvel. With Ms Marvel out of commission. Namora could have easily soloed the rest of them.

Namora is just freakin awesome!

Blue Area Vet
The fight was close, but that was with Ms Marvel using her energy blasts along with her strength. One of the fight scenarios has Carol holding back on the energy blasts. Considering Carol was pinned down rather quickly at the beginning, Namora seems to be quite a bit stronger than Carol. Even when she's dry.

Correct, but the question was never who was stronger. It seems that's what the discussion has broken down to.

Mike82
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Correct, but the question was never who was stronger. It seems that's what the discussion has broken down to.

True, but I was just curious as to how the fight might go if Carol didn't have her energy powers or if Namora wasn't amped up by seawater.

GalacticStorm
Captain Marvel ftw. The fight was quite evenly matched. Carols faster more versatile and has sufficient physical strength to hurt Namora and energy projection abilities that as demonstrated can lay her out. Namoras physically stronger and can dominate in close quarters.

That single confrontation doesnt give us a definitive outcome. Namora was initially able to pin Carol, Carol blasted the hell out of her and then smashed her through the floor. She would've lost if not for the recharge from the sea water. Plus theres no guarantee if the fight wasnt interrupted by Venus that Namora wouldve won.

Both of them can gain wins here, but Carols got more options and is faster. I give her the majority.

iceman24567
Carol 6/10

Mike82
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Captain Marvel ftw. The fight was quite evenly matched. Carols faster more versatile and has sufficient physical strength to hurt Namora and energy projection abilities that as demonstrated can lay her out. Namoras physically stronger and can dominate in close quarters.

That single confrontation doesnt give us a definitive outcome. Namora was initially able to pin Carol, Carol blasted the hell out of her and then smashed her through the floor. She would've lost if not for the recharge from the sea water. Plus theres no guarantee if the fight wasnt interrupted by Venus that Namora wouldve won.

Both of them can gain wins here, but Carols got more options and is faster. I give her the majority.

The fight was pretty even until Namora punched Carol through the roof. If Namora dominates in a close quarters fight, then she should dominate this fight as well. Without the seawater, I'm opretty sure Carol still would have won. Namora pinned Carol down rather easily.

Carol's feats were impressive, but it was nothing compared to Namora punching Carol to the stratosphere and Namora wasn't even harmed all that much, thanks to her incredible durability. Carol was left lying on the floor with a bloody nose, and to top it off, the ship was sinking. Had Venus not intervened, Namora would have put her in a hospital.

zopzop
Had Venus not intervened, Namora would have put her in a hospital.
Yup. Venus actually saved Carol's ass from an unnecessary and brutal beating.

GalacticStorm
The fight was pretty even until Namora punched Carol through the roof. If Namora dominates in a close quarters fight, then she should dominate this fight as well. Without the seawater, I'm opretty sure Carol still would have won. Namora pinned Carol down rather easily.

Carol's feats were impressive, but it was nothing compared to Namora punching Carol to the stratosphere and Namora wasn't even harmed all that much, thanks to her incredible durability. Carol was left lying on the floor with a bloody nose, and to top it off, the ship was sinking. Had Venus not intervened, Namora would have put her in a hospital.

Bit of an exaggeration in terms of the extent of Namora's dominance. She initially had Carol pinned simply because shes stronger. That stands to reason and is why a close quarters grappling match would be dominated by Namora.

But Carol doesnt have to fight like that and knowing Namoras considerably stronger she wouldnt. As shown her energy powers are very effective and damaging to Namora and can weaken her sufficiently for Carol to finish it with her fists. Carol is also capable of interstellar flight demonstrating shes a far faster flier as well. She could fly circles around Namora and blast the hell out of her until its over. She doesnt have to get in close to win whereas Namoras ONLY option is to get in close and thats a major disadvantage when shes slower and the opponent can damage you long distance.

Instead of limiting your perspective to a CIS saturated story, be objective, look at their comparative powersets and how they can fare in a hypothetical battle.

Carol wins the majority as shes demonstrably faster, can evade and cause major damage long range without allowing Namora to bring her strengths (up close combat) to play.

Mike82
Bit of an exaggeration in terms of the extent of Namora's dominance. She initially had Carol pinned simply because shes stronger. That stands to reason and is why a close quarters grappling match would be dominated by Namora.

But Carol doesnt have to fight like that and knowing Namoras considerably stronger she wouldnt. As shown her energy powers are very effective and damaging to Namora and can weaken her sufficiently for Carol to finish it with her fists. Carol is also capable of interstellar flight demonstrating shes a far faster flier as well. She could fly circles around Namora and blast the hell out of her until its over. She doesnt have to get in close to win whereas Namoras ONLY option is to get in close and thats a major disadvantage when shes slower and the opponent can damage you long distance.

Instead of limiting your perspective to a CIS saturated story, be objective, look at their comparative powersets and how they can fare in a hypothetical battle.

Carol wins the majority as shes demonstrably faster, can evade and cause major damage long range without allowing Namora to bring her strengths (up close combat) to play.

Carol's ability to fly at more than 3x the speed of sound is really useless in a very confined space such as a ship. Whatever speed advantage Carol has over Namora would be nullified by that fact. What other advantage does Carol have? Energy blasts were very successful in putting some distance between the two, but even then, it didn't seem to harm her that much other than knock her back. Also, if we are to assume that they have similar durability, Carol was hurting a lot more from Namora's punch, than Namora was, even with all of Carol's combined attacks.

Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. Venus actually saved Carol's ass from an unnecessary and brutal beating.

Nah. Venus saved the whole Avengers team. Who else was going to challenge her after she just flattened Ms Marvel like it was nothing. Luke Cage? Pfft.

zopzop
Nah. Venus saved the whole Avengers team. Who else was going to challenge her after she just flattened Ms Marvel like it was nothing. Luke Cage? Pfft.
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you there. I fully believe Namora would have wrecked that Avengers team once Carol was taken out.

Mike82
Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you there. I fully believe Namora would have wrecked that Avengers team once Carol was taken out.

If Carol still needed to be taken out at that point. I'm sure after stomping Her to the ground, Namora would only have to toss her around a few times and punch her a couple more times and she would definitely be out for the count. The New Avengers would be in serious trouble then. Seriously, they need Hulk or Thor to fight Namora.

Stoic

Agreed. Namora would dominate in a close quarter match, but out in the open Namora would likely lose, or have to work very hard for the majority.

juggernaut74
Carol's ability to fly at more than 3x the speed of sound is really useless in a very confined space such as a ship. Whatever speed advantage Carol has over Namora would be nullified by that fact. What other advantage does Carol have? Energy blasts were very successful in putting some distance between the two, but even then, it didn't seem to harm her that much other than knock her back. Also, if we are to assume that they have similar durability, Carol was hurting a lot more from Namora's punch, than Namora was, even with all of Carol's combined attacks.

Nah. Venus saved the whole Avengers team. Who else was going to challenge her after she just flattened Ms Marvel like it was nothing. Luke Cage? Pfft. Luke Cage gave Namor a tussle. He'd do even better against Namora.

Stoic
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Luke Cage gave Namor a tussle. He'd do even better against Namora.

Nah. Namora is roughly Namor's equal.

Mike82

Was that Avengers vs Xmen? Cage is a street level superhero with lower level feats than heavy hitters like Namor, Namora, and even Ms Marvel.

juggernaut74
What feats does Namora have that put her in Namor level?

Mike82
What feats does Namora have that put her in Namor level?

Blitzed Thor, and dragged him through the ocean and temporarily trapped him in a maelstrom.

Traded blows with the Hulk

Socked Namor, actually bruising him.

She lifted a ship out of the water, and placed it on a bigger ship(Ships way at least hundreds of tons).

In a fit of rage, she ripped a mine in half with her bare hands. It exploded, but didn't hurt her at all

Wrestled Hercules to the ground(Although, she was being more playful than anything).

Beats the hell out of a dude with a helicopter and easily tosses it away with on hand.

She fought a machine built to fight WWH.

Namora easily tanked an exploding arrow

Destroyed a whaling ship just by flying through it.

Destroyed a spaceship just by flying through it.

Ripped off the top of a battleship and chucks it.

Beats Ms Marvel senseless.

Seriously, Namora is no joke. It has also been alleged that Namora is just as powerful as Namor.

juggernaut74
You have scans of the Hulk fight?

Mike82
You have scans of the Hulk fight?

It's easier if I just give you the link to Namora's respect thread.

Here: Namora Respect Thread

Genii96
Namora has been stated to be roughly equal to namor,though namor appears to be more durable.

Namor knocked his ass out and used him as a bat to oneshot she hulk.

Genii96

That was a dry namora vs carol using all her powers,a hydrated namora blitzed and 2 shotted her,unless this is a dry namora from the start,she beats carol into the ground again.

Seeing as carol was bloodied and semi conscious while namora was unscathed,if venus hadn't interfered,she would have been put in a coma.

Mike82
That was a dry namora vs carol using all her powers,a hydrated namora blitzed and 2 shotted her,unless this is a dry namora from the start,she beats carol into the ground again.

Seeing as carol was bloodied and semi conscious while namora was unscathed,if venus hadn't interfered,she would have been put in a coma.

Exactly! With a hydrated Namora, Carol is jobbing hard. Carol went from having a slight edge in the fight to bloodied, barely conscious in a matter of seconds. I bet a dry Namora still could have won. Land or sea, Namora was way more impressive feats than Carol's. Besides, the confined spaces would worked more to her favor.

Yeah, I'm still mad at Venus. The ass beating was just starting to get good. Still, I liked how Venus was taking things over. There was no need to fight anymore, but Namora just didn't care, she was having to much fun stomping Ms Marvel. I don't know about Carol in a comma. Namora would have shown a little mercy. Although, she has been known to have some serious anger management issues. She almost killed that dude who threatened the robot.

I would like see a rematch though. The current Captain Marvel version seemed very powerful in Hickman's Avengers in which she blitzed Hulk, smashing into him, creating a massive crater. Carol gets one shotted into space, but it speakes volumes of her durability. Carol also KOed Captain Britain off panel who is almost class 100. I think Carol would do better, but a hydrated Namora would still destroys her.

Here's Carol going up against Hulk in Avengers 39:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5EZcRSwvXcU/VIiKDSdAsHI/AAAAAAAABTg/gNLYAVxRr4s/s1600/Avengers%2B39%2B03.png

I think Marvel amped Carol's power levels for that stunt. I don't know what's up with her back, though. It just looks wrong.

juggernaut74
Namora has been stated to be roughly equal to namor,though namor appears to be more durable.

Namor knocked his ass out and used him as a bat to oneshot she hulk. I know this. I said he gave him a tussle, I didn't say he kicked his @ss. Now that I'm thinking about it didn't Ms. Marvel have a good showing vs Wonder Man?Originally posted by Mike82
It's easier if I just give you the link to Namora's respect thread.

Here: Namora Respect Thread Namora basically says that she cannot hurt the Hulk. Not even in the water.

zopzop
Now that I'm thinking about it didn't Ms. Marvel have a good showing vs Wonder Man?
Not really, if you're talking about the Revengers vs New Avengers showdown. Even that **** Bendis couldn't save her from Simon's wrath. laughing

juggernaut74
What is Ms. Marvels official strength rating? 70 tons iirc. Namoras is 75 tons(while in water) I believe. So strength is pretty close but Namora is too fast and adept to fighting imo.

zopzop
What is Ms. Marvels official strength rating? 70 tons iirc. Namoras is 75 tons(while in water) I believe. So strength is pretty close but Namora is too fast and adept to fighting imo.
Strength rating is meaningless. Namorita is CL75 and Namora one shotted her.

juggernaut74
Strength rating is meaningless. Namorita is CL75 and Namora one shotted her. You don't think it's possible to one-shot somebody who is equal to you in strength? One well placed hit is all it takes.

zopzop
You don't think it's possible to one-shot somebody who is equal to you in strength? One well placed hit is all it takes.
If it's a sucker punch? Sure. Otherwise........

juggernaut74
If it's a sucker punch? Sure. Otherwise........ In a straight up fight I'm talking. I'd bet Roy Jones Jr. could KO a strong man competitor with one hit.

cdtm
Strength rating is meaningless. Namorita is CL75 and Namora one shotted her.

New Warriors comic?

I can believe it, if so. Haven't read a single New Warriors comic that wasn't awful.

juggernaut74
Anyone have the scan of Namora KOing Namorita?

Mike82

Namora is 75 tons out of water, and more than 100 tons out of water. With that being said, I don't think people should be too hung up on strength classes as method of comparison. Namora's feats of physical strength consistently outclass Ms Marvel's feats by a large margin. When has Carol ever picked up something as massive as a ship? Carol beat the crap out of The Grey Hulk. Namora has actually traded blows, and in this one scan actually knocked down Green Hulk by throwing something heavy on him.

With Namora, it's raw power, and sheer strength. I think Ms Marvel is actually quicker than she is.

carver9
She seems stronger than 75 tons out of water.

Mike82
Not really, if you're talking about the Revengers vs New Avengers showdown. Even that **** Bendis couldn't save her from Simon's wrath. laughing

Well, Carol had a much better showing in her own comic where she traded blows with a mind controlled Wonderman. The Revengers v Avengers, Wonderman wasn't mind controlled, but absolutely insane. It was pretty bad for Carol. All you saw was Carol flying up to fight Wonderman, next thing you know, an unconscious Carol crashed to the earth.

Mike82
Originally posted by carver9
She seems stronger than 75 tons out of water.

A hell of a lot more stronger. Here she is ripping off a huge chunk of a battleship: http://s378.photobucket.com/user/wilcat92/media/Namora/img012.jpg.html

juggernaut74
Namora is 75 tons out of water, and more than 100 tons out of water. With that being said, I don't think people should be too hung up on strength classes as method of comparison. Namora's feats of physical strength consistently outclass Ms Marvel's feats by a large margin. When has Carol ever picked up something as massive as a ship? Carol beat the crap out of The Grey Hulk. Namora has actually traded blows, and in this one scan actually knocked down Green Hulk by throwing something heavy on him.

With Namora, it's raw power, and sheer strength. I think Ms Marvel is actually quicker than she is. The only Hulk scans I saw were the ones where Namora says that she basically cannot even hurt the Hulk, even in the water. Maybe I missed some perhaps?

Mike82
The only Hulk scans I saw were the ones where Namora says that she basically cannot even hurt the Hulk, even in the water. Maybe I missed some perhaps?

Namora restraining WWH(at least temporarily)
http://s378.photobucket.com/user/wilcat92/media/Namora/IncredibleHulk107-022.jpg.html

Here's the scan I was referring to: http://s378.photobucket.com/user/wilcat92/media/Namora/aoa_08_18.jpg.html

juggernaut74
In the 2nd scan she pretty much says she can't do anything to Hulk.

Mike82

True, but Hulk wasn't hurting her all that much either. She can fight the Hulk without getting beaten right away.

juggernaut74
Namora seemed pretty sincere that she would get her but kicked by the Hulk.

Mike82
Namora seemed pretty sincere that she would get her but kicked by the Hulk.

Everybody would get their butt kicked by Hulk, but she's certainly strong enough to pin down one of Hulk's arms for a time, which is a lot more I can say for most other heroes. Ms Marvel wouldn't be strong enough to do that to WWH.

juggernaut74
Looked like she tried stopping the Hulk arm then she got tossed aside.

Mike82
Looked like she tried stopping the Hulk arm then she got tossed aside.

Yes, eventually, but by the looks of it, Hulk was struggling just as much as she was. Keep in mind, this was World War Hulk. A very impressive fear, not mqny are capable of duplicating.

juggernaut74
I think Colossus holding WWHulk off in a test of strength is more impressive than that. Hulk gave Colossus some props.

Mike82
I think Colossus holding WWHulk off in a test of strength is more impressive than that. Hulk gave Colossus some props.

Not a very good example, really. Hulk easily bent back Colossus' arms. Hulk said Colossus had guts and said he almost considered Colossus to be a good match for him at one time.

juggernaut74
Not a very good example, really. Hulk easily bent back Colossus' arms. Hulk said Colossus had guts and said he almost considered Colossus to be a good match for him at one time. But Hulk gave him respect. Namora got tossed aside with no respect.

cdtm
Everybody would get their butt kicked by Hulk, but she's certainly strong enough to pin down one of Hulk's arms for a time, which is a lot more I can say for most other heroes. Ms Marvel wouldn't be strong enough to do that to WWH.

Carol restrained Count Nefaria for a few moments, who's stronger then Thor.

Genii96

Because she is dry and the air itself is dry,thus narurally dehydrating her which she notes,and she did hurt hulk in that scan,she just said she couldn't do much more to him due to her condition,she has stunned hulk with a single punch to the gut underwater allowing thor to restrain him,and even rocked him by flinging caps shield at his face while dry.

Btw namora is much above 75 tons,that thing's outdated,namorita is around that level

juggernaut74
I realize that but Namora doesn't seem to think that even in the water she'd be able to do anything to him.

Genii96
I realize that but Namora doesn't seem to think that even in the water she'd be able to do anything to him.

She said that the hulk is still tough even underwater,as in he would be a very strong opponent even if she faced him there,not that she couldn't do anything to him.

Mike82
She said that the hulk is still tough even underwater,as in he would be a very strong opponent even if she faced him there,not that she couldn't do anything to him.

Exactly! I don't see why some people want to make her seem weaker than she is.

juggernaut74
She hit the Hulk from behind which didn't do anything, then she says that's all she could do on land. Then she says even in the water......he's still the Hulk. Namora was basically saying that she's out gunned.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by cdtm
Carol restrained Count Nefaria for a few moments, who's stronger then Thor.
Is he really stronger?

So does this make her stronger than Thor too?

Genii96
She hit the Hulk from behind which didn't do anything, then she says that's all she could do on land. Then she says even in the water......he's still the Hulk. Namora was basically saying that she's out gunned.
Are you trying to imply that namora not doing serious damage to hulk with a single hit is some sort of low end feat or something?,she knocked him into the ground and made a crater,you talk as if anyone can do that.

She said she couldn't do more than what she was operating on,and there is a scan of her hitting hulk underwater,and it clearly hurts hulk.

Ofcourse by feats and showings,hulk is stronger than namora,no one is saying she would win,her feats don't stack up for that yet.

Mike82
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Is he really stronger?

So does this make her stronger than Thor too?

Two words: Energy absorbtion

She abosorbed all of his "awesomeness" and proceeded to beat the crap out of him. Carol can absorb enough energy to bust a planet(Binary).

juggernaut74
Are you trying to imply that namora not doing serious damage to hulk with a single hit is some sort of low end feat or something?,she knocked him into the ground and made a crater,you talk as if anyone can do that.

She said she couldn't do more than what she was operating on,and there is a scan of her hitting hulk underwater,and it clearly hurts hulk.

Ofcourse by feats and showings,hulk is stronger than namora,no one is saying she would win,her feats don't stack up for that yet. I'm implying what Namora stated. That was all she could do to the Hulk on land.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.