Why education is not just morally wrong, but intellectually limiting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
In order to write, to express, to perform utilizing one's full cognitive reserves, there must not be a preset order of operations. You're not thinking freely, you're a computer tasked with utilizing its intellectual arsenal in a preordained manner. Functions, as it's called in programming. Only the weak-minded can be programmed. I'm not weak-minded, I cannot be programmed to be put in a cognitive prison, in the same way that many unwittingly are. No free thought, no need other than those created through the ones who'd wish to indoctrinate us as free-thinkers. Never has a free-thinker thought without spontaneity.

In this website, because of how meticulously designed for relevant discussion that it is (like education is), there're no spontaneous thinkers before they're intrinsically motivated by the topic of discussion, or until they make a topic of their own. On this website we have a whole armada of people who're on the same page, they'd have to be in order to role-play in another's scenario. This is how cognition works, and we have to face the obvious fact that the modern education system, more-so than this website by a googol-fold, is only equipped with what the rich desire their work-force to know, only equipped to accommodate very select minds, ones that're intrinsically motivated to learn how to perform accordingly. Yet not enough to accompany an entire work-force.

This, in summary, means that in every industry, the majority of its workers are not doing what they do as proficiently as possible. The problem with society since ancient Mesopotamia, why there's never been peace on earth, is because humans are only biological organisms, the product of their environments, environments that humanity has escaped. That, as humans, we're not necessarily innately designed for, or adept in, dealing with most of the logical underpinnings that we've made for ourselves in today's world. What we do, we do out of necessity beyond that of which our biology has acknowledge. In this way we have surpassed our biology, and need a new route, other than education.

There seems to be an intrinsic order to evolution, and I do believe that AI will be birthed to solve this dilemma. Until then, stay out of school, it only serves the one percent and does not necessarily allow one to actualize his full cognitive potential.

Bentley
If you think AI will solve the issue of language, then you admit language is not an issue. We build AI using different languages, to you, infinite convention means infinite intelligence.

Having contradicting beliefs is coherent with your claim of not limiting intellect though.

marwash22
Originally posted by Oneness
In order to write, to express, to perform utilizing one's full cognitive reserves, there must not be a preset order of operations. You're not thinking freely, you're a computer tasked with utilizing its intellectual arsenal in a preordained manner. Functions, as it's called in programming. Only the weak-minded can be programmed. I'm not weak-minded, I cannot be programmed to be put in a cognitive prison, in the same way that many unwittingly are. No free thought, no need other than those created through the ones who'd wish to indoctrinate us as free-thinkers. Never has a free-thinker thought without spontaneity.

In this website, because of how meticulously designed for relevant discussion that it is (like education is), there're no spontaneous thinkers before they're intrinsically motivated by the topic of discussion, or until they make a topic of their own. On this website we have a whole armada of people who're on the same page, they'd have to be in order to role-play in another's scenario. This is how cognition works, and we have to face the obvious fact that the modern education system, more-so than this website by a googol-fold, is only equipped with what the rich desire their work-force to know, only equipped to accommodate very select minds, ones that're intrinsically motivated to learn how to perform accordingly. Yet not enough to accompany an entire work-force.

This, in summary, means that in every industry, the majority of its workers are not doing what they do as proficiently as possible. The problem with society since ancient Mesopotamia, why there's never been peace on earth, is because humans are only biological organisms, the product of their environments, environments that humanity has escaped. That, as humans, we're not necessarily innately designed for, or adept in, dealing with most of the logical underpinnings that we've made for ourselves in today's world. What we do, we do out of necessity beyond that of which our biology has acknowledge. In this way we have surpassed our biology, and need a new route, other than education.

There seems to be an intrinsic order to evolution, and I do believe that AI will be birthed to solve this dilemma. Until then, stay out of school, it only serves the one percent and does not necessarily allow one to actualize his full cognitive potential. 5hfYJsQAhl0

Reflassshh
I agree in that educational institutions teach wrong.

But I can't help but facepalm to your AI comment.

AsbestosFlaygon
You should thank education for helping you even speak, you insolent baboon.

jaden101
The notion that the education system only serves to create mindless drones to serve the rich and compound capitalist hegemony is entry level sociology 101. Repackaging it above, as you have, doesn't make you some radical free thinker.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
You should thank education for helping you even speak, you insolent baboon. I learned to speak when I was 2 years old, totally fluid. Long before even entering the kindergarten.

I thought on average kids learn as fast as I did, but could be wrong.

Digi
Had a friend in college tell me that he didn't read because any choice he made would indoctrinate him toward a particular bias. I told him that not reading was a choice in itself that led to certain limitations and biases. I could see that realization hit him like a sack of bricks. It was fun.

There's something to be said for not needing a college education these days. But you absolutely do need to pass through high school if you don't want to be beyond broke for the rest of your life, not to mention stupid.

Oneness, true spontaneity requires you to be aware of ancillary options. The more you're aware of (i.e. language, education, etc.), the broader your intellectual and life choices are.

Omega Vision
Some people here have already touched on this, but as limited as the educational system is, the only thing that limits you more is not having an education at all.

Quincy
Because we get an education does not mean we are immediately doctrinated into whatever beliefs the school system imparts on us. I can read something by somebody I disagree with and not be brainwashed and transformed, but can instead say "Well, I see your point but frankly good sir, you're a dumbass."

Quincy
The idea that an education limits you intellectually is a broken thought process. These sorts of things are on INDIVIDUALS. Never on an institution or group.

Reflassshh
I don't think it limits you but it sure as hell don't use your full potential.

And the notion of school creating 'biases' or other things is stupid, school not only gives you knowledge (though they force the information into you instead of creating actual interest on the matter) but also forms you socially and along with your family teachs you the meaning of authority, preventing you from becoming a sociopath.

Stoic
Originally posted by Oneness

There seems to be an intrinsic order to evolution, and I do believe that AI will be birthed to solve this dilemma. Until then, stay out of school, it only serves the one percent and does not necessarily allow one to actualize his full cognitive potential.

Without schools you would not be able to find a decent job. Jobs within themselves are extensions of schools, in that you are trained to perform a function or several functions. How did you learn to write the words that I just read? AI? How much do you actually know on this subject? From what I have gleaned from a couple of the threads that you made on the subject, it would take processing power that we do not have, and will not have for quite some time to come.

I went to school, and have knowledge on the subject, and from what I understood, processing power doubles roughly every 18 months. This thing that you are thinking about will not happen for a very long time, so it would probably be best if you did not walk around telling children that school is a very bad way to learn, because you will in fact be damaging them. Also, no matter what you try to do, you will have been indoctrinated in one form or the other. Just look at the way that you think, and you will realize that you yourself are attempting to do exactly what you seem to be fleeing from.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.