Low IQs, Conservatism Linked To Prejudice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
KWHwxIAfIcc
Very interesting.....

Time Immemorial
Explains why Obama is so racist.

Shakyamunison
It's odd how liberals always think people are stupid.

Stoic
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Explains why Obama is so racist.

How is Obama racist?

Omega Vision
It's odd how Shakyamunison always thinks liberals are homogenous.

NemeBro
Yeah, he is pretty stupid.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stoic
How is Obama racist?

Its fact he is one of he most racial and racial instigating/aggitating president to date.

When you take a look at Bill Clinton presidency he was about social equality and helped the black communities to great extent.

Also Bill Clinton never weighed in on ever domestic issue involving race, Obama involves himself in any and ever issue regarding race and fans the flames.

Obama creates racial division and America is more divided now in the last 6 years then ever before.

Omega Vision
Its fact he is one of he most racial and racial instigating/aggitating president to date.

When you take a look at Bill Clinton presidency he was about social equality and helped the black communities to great extent.

Also Bill Clinton never weighed in on ever domestic issue involving race, Obama involves himself in any and ever issue regarding race and fans the flames.

Obama creates racial division and America is more divided now in the last 6 years then ever before.
I think the worst thing that Obama could do is to say nothing when it comes to racial issues. There is a problem with racism in America, and if Obama didn't even address incidents like Ferguson he'd be a coward.

Obama is hardly an "instigator." The guy takes days before he even responds to a crisis. He's incredibly careful when it comes to addressing these issues (overly cautious, I'd say) because he knows there's a legion of people like you who will examine his statements for imagined militancy.

Time Immemorial
I'm afraid I don't agree at all. Do you remember Beer Gate?

NemeBro
I don't. Can you inform me TE?

Robtard
Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr., (a black man) was arrested in his own home cos one of his neighbors called the police and said their was a black man trying to break into the house.

Obama commented: "I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home, and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately." -Pres. Obama

Which is pretty much benign and true, but a bunch of sissies cried their sissy-tears over Obama's comment, so Obama later commented that he regretted making the comment like he did and hoped everyone can learn and grow from it. He should have stood his ground, imo.

NemeBro
Yeah, I'd have told them to stop being sissy girls. thumb up

Robtard

Clinton made a speech about racism in America, he wasn't one to hide, look the other way and not involve himself when it came to racism and racial issues. Most applaud him for it.

Omega Vision
In other words, you don't actually have a counter argument.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What a liberal!

Stoic
I think the worst thing that Obama could do is to say nothing when it comes to racial issues. There is a problem with racism in America, and if Obama didn't even address incidents like Ferguson he'd be a coward.

Obama is hardly an "instigator." The guy takes days before he even responds to a crisis. He's incredibly careful when it comes to addressing these issues (overly cautious, I'd say) because he knows there's a legion of people like you who will examine his statements for imagined militancy.

Thought so.

Originally posted by Robtard
Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr., (a black man) was arrested in his own home cos one of his neighbors called the police and said their was a black man trying to break into the house.

Obama commented: "I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home, and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately." -Pres. Obama

Which is pretty much benign and true, but a bunch of sissies cried their sissy-tears over Obama's comment, so Obama later commented that he regretted making the comment like he did and hoped everyone can learn and grow from it. He should have stood his ground, imo.

How is this a racist statement again?

Astner
What's there to counter? As far as the video is concerned they don't address the study beyond its conclusions. Where in the UK were these kids raised, where did they end up living and working, what schools did they attend, where they raised in a primarily academic environment?

Prejudice in general is often associated with a lack of intelligence, because it strives to adhere to a simple model for the sake of simplicity over accuracy.

Tzeentch
He's not referring to the video.

Shey Tapani

They closed ranks recently.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah, I'd have told them to stop being sissy girls. thumb up

More like they are being sissys themselves.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/08/27/15-moronic-things-liberals-call-racism-since-obama-was-elected-n1674131/page/full

Above and below

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/evil-obama-racist-against-white-people_n_3002067.html

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obamas-racist/#b3cGi2YUw0ph03b0.97

Time Immemorial
Funny never these huge racial issues and media circus events was never really around during Bush Admin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/07/obama-bet-interview_n_6283656.html

Time Immemorial
Obama gets media coverage about race because he is mixed race. If he was white, no one would listen to anything he said. Literally he has no idea about race, he just is a pawn to his handlers and a good salesmen for the liberal racial issue and race ticket to get peoples ear.

"If a black man talks about race, well by God, he must know what the fck he is talking about...right!!!??"

Stoic
There's more to prejudice than just ethnic racism. Women are, and have battled discrimination for just about ever. Homosexuals hid their true feelings and thoughts for just about ever as well. Ignorance is one of the main causes for this, and yes this also goes for those that are racist. I once met this gorgeous black girl that should have been fawned over by any guy that saw her, but she was incredibly dark. I got to know her, and I asked if she had a boyfriend. She seemed really happy that i asked as if the question was alien to her, so I probed a bit more into it. What I learned was that she felt invisible, and had never had a boyfriend in her life, which I thought was very odd. I mean we were 17 at the time, and it just didn't make any sense to me.

It took a while for me to realize it, but the media plays a huge part in what the world deems to be beautiful, and this girl was incredibly beautiful. Her color automatically made men look the other way (something that I witnessed firsthand). This wasn't just White guys either, but Black guys tended to go for the lighter skinned beauties, based on the music videos, TV shows, poster, and magazine Models. I don't think that it is as simple as low IQ that breeds prejudice, there are many other factors to consider as well. Anyway I eventually began dating her, and learned that she would use skin lightening cream to fit in, and this really saddened me when I learned about this. If only you guys could have seen this young woman... she was a real stunner, and didn't know it.

red g jacks
zQ-hPNrKdZI

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Stoic
There's more to prejudice than just ethnic racism. Women are, and have battled discrimination for just about ever. Homosexuals hid their true feelings and thoughts for just about ever as well. Ignorance is one of the main causes for this, and yes this also goes for those that are racist. I once met this gorgeous black girl that should have been fawned over by any guy that saw her, but she was incredibly dark. I got to know her, and I asked if she had a boyfriend. She seemed really happy that i asked as if the question was alien to her, so I probed a bit more into it. What I learned was that she felt invisible, and had never had a boyfriend in her life, which I thought was very odd. I mean we were 17 at the time, and it just didn't make any sense to me.

It took a while for me to realize it, but the media plays a huge part in what the world deems to be beautiful, and this girl was incredibly beautiful. Her color automatically made men look the other way (something that I witnessed firsthand). This wasn't just White guys either, but Black guys tended to go for the lighter skinned beauties, based on the music videos, TV shows, poster, and magazine Models. I don't think that it is as simple as low IQ that breeds prejudice, there are many other factors to consider as well. Anyway I eventually began dating her, and learned that she would use skin lightening cream to fit in, and this really saddened me when I learned about this. If only you guys could have seen this young woman... she was a real stunner, and didn't know it.

Thats sad, why did she need to use cream though. Just to fit in? She sounds like a good catch, are you guys still together?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by red g jacks
zQ-hPNrKdZI

Lol, love it!

Omega Vision
More like they are being sissys themselves.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/08/27/15-moronic-things-liberals-call-racism-since-obama-was-elected-n1674131/page/full

Above and below

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/evil-obama-racist-against-white-people_n_3002067.html

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obamas-racist/#b3cGi2YUw0ph03b0.97
(1) It's not a counterargument if you simply post links to something.
(2) Lol. Words from Obama's crazy former pastor and an opinion article.

dadudemon
I find the "results" from the study, in the OP, to be just a results duplication of something we already knew: those with lower intelligence distrust more. Basically, and in my unhumble assh*lish opinion, prejudice is an extension of lower cognition. It is related to prejudice.

My words are "in general", obviously, because there are definitely highly educated and genius-level people out there who are extremely racist.

So here's my summary:

Low IQ: more prejudice and less trust.

Here's a source for my trust statements (it is not the primary but does a decent job of summarizing the study and includes pictures(for our more prejudiced readers*)):

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/03/study-smarter-people-are-more-trusting/284520/

*I'm pretty f*cking hilarious.

StyleTime
America is more divided now in the last 6 years then ever before.
Nope.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StyleTime
Nope.

Wake up

Digi
Bringing up an OP like this is nearly impossible. It's the same as saying increased intelligence is linked to lower religiosity. It's true, but it's impossible to put it in a way that doesn't sound condescending toward a particular group or groups of people. It isn't saying religious people are stupid - millions are not - just as a properly framed argument on conservatism wouldn't imply that conservatives are stupid. Millions are not. But statistically, yes, there's a link.

It also doesn't prove the rightness of an argument, which is the part that's often left out. There are areas where we can appeal to intellectual expertise, like the idiotic vaccine deniers. Because specialized knowledge does make one's opinions more valid in that area. But for something as broad as an entire political philosophy, we can't say the same.

Wake up

He's right, though. Every generation sees it becoming more and more polarized compared to the last, but it's just having lived through one and not the others. Politics is always like this to some extent.

It's the same mentality that causes people to think today's youth are worse than the previous generation. But, almost without exception in the last century, education and literacy levels have slowly increased, crime has dropped, and things are better than they were a decade or two ago. No President in history has been able to cross the aisle in the way that some historical revisionism would have us believe.

So it's probably better than some times, worse than others. Much of it is just our perception...watch the news on a political channel every day, and it's hard NOT to be convinced it's worse than ever. But that's their job to convince us of this. Polarization drives viewership.

Robtard

Time Immemorial

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Digi
Bringing up an OP like this is nearly impossible. It's the same as saying increased intelligence is linked to lower religiosity. It's true, but it's impossible to put it in a way that doesn't sound condescending toward a particular group or groups of people. It isn't saying religious people are stupid - millions are not - just as a properly framed argument on conservatism wouldn't imply that conservatives are stupid. Millions are not. But statistically, yes, there's a link.

It also doesn't prove the rightness of an argument, which is the part that's often left out. There are areas where we can appeal to intellectual expertise, like the idiotic vaccine deniers. Because specialized knowledge does make one's opinions more valid in that area. But for something as broad as an entire political philosophy, we can't say the same.

He's right, though. Every generation sees it becoming more and more polarized compared to the last, but it's just having lived through one and not the others. Politics is always like this to some extent.

It's the same mentality that causes people to think today's youth are worse than the previous generation. But, almost without exception in the last century, education and literacy levels have slowly increased, crime has dropped, and things are better than they were a decade or two ago. No President in history has been able to cross the aisle in the way that some historical revisionism would have us believe.

So it's probably better than some times, worse than others. Much of it is just our perception...watch the news on a political channel every day, and it's hard NOT to be convinced it's worse than ever. But that's their job to convince us of this. Polarization drives viewership.

Can you or Rob show me any instances that Obama has done anything to help heal the racial divide?

Robtard
Literally that is exactly the opposite of whats happening.

Merry Christmas.

Fair enough if you disagree with the polls. Can you provide some proof of your claims?

Merry Christmas to you

Time Immemorial
Fair enough if you disagree with the polls. Can you provide some proof of your claims?

Merry Christmas to you

Current Events.

Robtard
Current Events.

You know that's a blanket BS answer.

Time Immemorial
You know that's a blanket BS answer.

New York and Ferguson don't count?

Robtard
Can you or Rob show me any instances that Obama has done anything to help heal the racial divide?

Sure; to sling-shot off what you brought up erroneously as being an Obama-race-blunder, Obama did do the "beer summit", where he invited both Gates and the officer who arrested Gates to the White House to discuss their issues.

Robtard
New York and Ferguson don't count?

And what exactly did Obama do in both cases to 'fuel the racial flames' as you've claimed?

Time Immemorial
Hannity Interview's African American Conservative's

gQ9_l8vj_W4

Min 2:25, Calling Biden out.

Time Immemorial
Deneen Borelli calls out the liberals

5gh5RlNvYgI

Robtard
Hannity Interview's African American Conservative's

gQ9_l8vj_W4

Min 2:25, Calling Biden out.

It was was 3:25 and it was about a stupid comment Biden made, not Obama

Robtard
Deneen Borelli calls out the liberals

5gh5RlNvYgI

I skipped around, didn't see any "Obama racist" or "Obama fans the racial flames". Do you have an exact time-frame?

Time Immemorial
It was was 3:25 and it was about a stupid comment Biden made, not Obama

Never said Obama said that..Liberals literally want African Americans to remain ignorant and dependent. This is a fact and its undeniable. Liberals think they own Black America.

Time Immemorial
Holders "Nation of Cowards" and Obama administration playing race cards as early as 2009.

BIQU8v-GEk4

On the left and misinformed democratic spinner vs a right conservative who can actually make a intelligent conversation.

The level headed conservative destroyed the liberal strategist.

Robtard
Never said Obama said that..Liberals literally want African Americans to remain ignorant and dependent. This is a fact.

The conservation was about Obama spreading the racial divide, you mentioned New York and Ferguson as examples, I asked for specific examples in either and your response was to move the topic to "Liberals want African Americans to remain ignorant".

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't have a proper response and can't support a claim you've made, just say so and/or drop it. What you just did is akin to an irrelevant conclusion.

Time Immemorial
The conservation was about Obama spreading the racial divide, you mentioned New York and Ferguson as examples, I asked for specific examples in either and your response was to move the topic to "Liberals wants African Americans to remain ignorant".

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't have a proper response and can't support a claim you've made, just say so and/or drop it. What you just did is akin to an irrelevant conclusion.

I made my point that he has divided the country even more, many times. My point is not irrelevant based on if you agree or not. The country and people like Obama and Biden and Holder do and say otherwise. My point is this administration is racist and causes racial divide.

Robtard
Holders "Nation of Cowards" and Obama administration playing race cards as early as 2009.

BIQU8v-GEk4

On the left and misinformed democratic spinner vs a right conservative who can actually make a intelligent conversation.

The level headed conservative destroyed the liberal strategist.

"Obama was voted in, so that mean America is not racist" laughing out loud

Than you for that, now I'm off to a family gathering. Merry Christmas.

Time Immemorial
"Obama was voted in, so that mean America is not racist" laughing out loud

Than you for that, now I'm off to a family gathering. Merry Christmas.

I thought you said America was not racist..hmm..

Robtard
I thought you said America was not racist..hmm..

Racism exist in America. It may be less now than say 1834 or 1962, but the notion that racism is gone in the US because Obama was voted in is a absurd statement and I mock that coward for saying it.

Time Immemorial
Racism exist in America. It may be less now than say 1834 or 1962, but the notion that racism is gone in the US because Obama was voted in is a absurd statement and I mock that coward for saying it.

laughing

Wait what coward, the coward that called America a nation of cowards?

Robtard
laughing

Wait what coward, the coward that called America a nation of cowards?

No, the coward on the right

Time Immemorial
No, the coward on the right

So how was he cowardly again?

What about the coward on the left?

NemeBro
Never said Obama said that..Liberals literally want African Americans to remain ignorant and dependent. This is a fact and its undeniable. Liberals think they own Black America. A single liberal saying something stupid and racist doesn't imply that liberals as a whole are racists who want African Americans to remain ignorant and dependent. The stupid comment of a single man doesn't prove your claim.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by NemeBro
A single liberal saying something stupid and racist doesn't imply that liberals as a whole are racists who want African Americans to remain ignorant and dependent. The stupid comment of a single man doesn't prove your claim.

So when different portions of Obama's Administration including Michelle say racist things, who leads them? Its fact that liberals want African Americans ignorant and dependent.

Not only that, but did you know that planned parent hood is primarily set up in communities largely populated by african americans?

http://liveaction.org/the-planned-parenthood-racism-project/

http://blackgenocide.org/planned.html

StyleTime
Wake up
I am awake. You said this country's racial divide is worse than it ever was. Bro, non-whites were legally barred from white spaces less than a century ago. Your sentiment is wrong and we needn't venture far back to see why.

There are problems out there for sure, but "worse than ever" statements are silly, and I certainly don't see how Obama causes them.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StyleTime
I am awake. You said this country's racial divide is worse than it ever was. Bro, non-whites were legally barred from white spaces less than a century ago. Your sentiment is wrong and we needn't venture far back to see why.

There are problems out there for sure, but "worse than ever" statements are silly, and I certainly don't see how Obama causes them.

Lol, according the the liberals, Michelle Obama racial discrimination is bad. I am agreeing with them, however they keep fanning the flame. laughing

dadudemon

I can.

But this was before he took office so it doesn't really count:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/16/us/politics/15cnd-obama.html?_r=0

Liberals literally want African Americans to remain ignorant and dependent.

I definitely agree that some liberals inadvertently cause this with their approaches. Some definitely believe what you state, directly. Still, others want the black community to be educated and to succeed in life (such as myself....I am a social liberal).

Digi

The hell? I was responding to the OP's central premise, not whatever this is.

Stoic
Thats sad, why did she need to use cream though. Just to fit in? She sounds like a good catch, are you guys still together?

No I'm no longer with her. She was forced to move to Vancouver from Montreal, which is where I was raised. I'm married to someone else now. She did want to fit in, and yes it was really sad, but it's something that black women are still doing because the media rarely places the spotlight on very dark skinned women. The moment many people see the dark skin, their mind becomes made up.

I had a buddy who was on a date with an Italian lady, and he told me that it took her 3 hours to realize that she thought that he was attractive. It took her time to realize that he had features that were attractive to her. This is what he told me after having a long conversation with her about that particular comment that she made.

This is why I can't place the full weight of IQ, or smarts on what attracts us as people, or why certain people are racially, and or walking around with homophobic tendencies. Indoctrination, or the way that they/we are taught has a lot to do with things. This in no way means that a person has a low IQ, or are dumb as Jed the stool smoker. The Government goes to lengths in order to keep people segregated in the US. When you fill out a job application its asks you what race you are from, which makes no sense at all sense we are all from the same human race.

It's still there though. I was going to do a Youtube special on the differences between the living conditions in ghetto neighborhoods predominantly populated with Blacks, and Hispanics vs the living conditions of non ghetto neighborhoods predominantly populated by White people (Jewish, Italian...etc..).

In the ghettos, the people pay the same amount of taxes, if not more, but the environment is deplorable. Sidewalks are to the point that walking on them is more hazardous than walking out in traffic. Trees have buckled the sidewalks so severely that if you don't pay attention to where you are walking you may break a leg, or an ankle if you tripped over the bumps. I have a cousin that told me that the streets in his neighborhood had never been paved to his knowledge, and he's 45yrs old. What are the tolls being used for that millions of people pay each year? At least this was what I was thinking. There are so many problems, that getting into them at this point would be pointless.

But, I would like to express one more thing. I have heard sayings like this group of people are just trying to keep this group of people down. There is a truth to this, but it's not coming from a group of people. It's coming from the government that was built to keep a certain socioeconomic groups down. If you do not have access to a car, you will not ever be able to get to certain jobs located in places that the closest bus or train would only bring them 5 or more miles from the jobs location. This is not something that would work on a daily basis. back in the day those people that were held back just so happened to be the minorities, but these days, those minorities are climbing out of the deficit, and rising in status to the point that they are living in upscale neighborhoods. This however was not always the case in the US. After all the US was built on the backs of slaves, and this went deeper than what the eye can actually see if you were to never probe deeper into the corruption deeply embedded into the infrastructure of this country.

Time Immemorial
I agree with you 100%.

Stoic
I agree with you 100%.

I wasn't going to hit you up on this brother, but what do you think Obama thinks? I mean how do you think he views things when he's half Black? I don't believe that he is racially prejudiced or motivated, but instead, I believe that his views are historically motivated. It's just some food for thought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.