Mighty Avengers vs. The Elite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Luke Cage
Blue Marvel
Spectrum
Kaluu
Ronin
She Hulk

Vs

Manchester Black
Menagerie
Coldcast
Hat
Vera Black

Who wins?

Stoic
Avengers.

Glorificus
Spectrum blitzes.

leonidas
aside from kaluu, (who i'm only assuming does) does anyone have a way to keep from having their mind crushed by manchester....? not sure if bm has any feats against tp. black's illusions are ridiculously powerful as well, and even if he has some tp resist feats, they won't be as good as superman's and we know what black did to him. not to mention the level of tk he brings....not sure the avengers have an answer for black in this line-up unless spectrum blitzes him instantly, before he mindrapes her puts up a shield. i guess it'd maybe be a quickdraw because if he brings hos power to bear i think they are totally effd.

celeyhyga17
Black's tp wins it for Elite unless Monica can somehow take him out quickly.

riv6672
MB cant beat Superman, he's NOT "crushing" a team with Blue Marvel and Spectrum on it.

Avengers FTW.

krisblaze
Do they have any defenses against high-end telepathy?

riv6672
You tell me, if you disagree with my pick of winners here.
Pretty sure MB has no defense against a simple KO.

krisblaze
A simple KO?

He can withstand punches from Superman at least.

If they have no defenses against telepathy then it's a quick and easy win...

riv6672
So, you are asking a question, re-wording your question as a statement.
Sticking with my choice.
Moving on, until something worthwhile gets contributed.

krisblaze
Originally posted by riv6672
So, you are asking a question, re-wording your question as a statement.
Sticking with my choice.
Moving on, until something worthwhile gets contributed.

I asked if they had any defenses against telepathy.

Which apparently I was supposed to answer myself.

And then provided a counter-argument to your comment about MB having "no defense against a simple KO".

leonidas
lol

i love how you have to answer your own question. if you say the avengers, then you are supposing they can resist tp. if that is your supposition, it is on YOU to prove said supposition. or at the least say "i don't know if they can resist tp but i'm picking them anyway because i like the avengers more or know nothing about black and the elite."

feel free to say avengers but it's an illogical stance to take unless proof of protection vs someone of black's psi level is shown.

StyleTime
Originally posted by riv6672
MB cant beat Superman, he's NOT "crushing" a team with Blue Marvel and Spectrum on it.
Kal can resist telepathy though.

riv6672
Originally posted by leonidas
lol

i love how you have to answer your own question.
I look at it as, its not on me to disprove my own pick.
You (or anyone) dont agree with me, thats fine.
You can say that, you can even tell me why (or not), but dont ask me to provide your proof.
If you say D beats E i'll at least say no, E has the ability to churn butter at the speed of sound, trumping D in this case. I wont ask you how powerful Ds ability to butter toast at bullet time is.

carver9
Blue Marvel does have TP resistance fts but I don't know if it's on the level of resisting Manchester though.

Stoic
lol

i love how you have to answer your own question. if you say the avengers, then you are supposing they can resist tp. if that is your supposition, it is on YOU to prove said supposition. or at the least say "i don't know if they can resist tp but i'm picking them anyway because i like the avengers more or know nothing about black and the elite."

feel free to say avengers but it's an illogical stance to take unless proof of protection vs someone of black's psi level is shown.

Superman does not resist TP as much as he fights through it. This is something that Adam has also done, or does. Neither Superman or Adam are TP tanks so I was hoping to dispel this myth before it took off. Kaluu should also be able to fight against it as he has all of Stephen Strange's teachings if not more due to being a student of the mystic arts at the same time as the Ancient One. He's also practiced these techniques for over 500 yrs while living in the dimension of Raggadorr. Kaluu also employs black magic and has no qualms against employing forces such as Satanish.

There is more than enough proof to say that he alone could combat Manchestor Black, and enthrall him mystically. Kaluu once battled both Dr. Strange, and his master the Ancient One. During the battle Kaluu memorized the entire Book of the Vishanti (apparently possessing a total recall memory). Strange himself has battled a Thanosi of the mind, and held his own against the being in a TP battle. Very recently he was easily capable of holding off the Scarlet Witch's hex powers, and even seemed to believe that she was an amateur in terms of utilizing her powers. That's saying quite a bit since Wanda employs Chaos magics.

riv6672
Interesting.

leonidas
Originally posted by Stoic
Superman does not resist TP as much as he fights through it. This is something that Adam has also done, or does. Neither Superman or Adam are TP tanks so I was hoping to dispel this myth before it took off. Kaluu should also be able to fight against it as he has all of Stephen Strange's teachings if not more due to being a student of the mystic arts at the same time as the Ancient One. He's also practiced these techniques for over 500 yrs while living in the dimension of Raggadorr. Kaluu also employs black magic and has no qualms against employing forces such as Satanish.

There is more than enough proof to say that he alone could combat Manchestor Black, and enthrall him mystically. Kaluu once battled both Dr. Strange, and his master the Ancient One. During the battle Kaluu memorized the entire Book of the Vishanti (apparently possessing a total recall memory). Strange himself has battled a Thanosi of the mind, and held his own against the being in a TP battle. Very recently he was easily capable of holding off the Scarlet Witch's hex powers, and even seemed to believe that she was an amateur in terms of utilizing her powers. That's saying quite a bit since Wanda employs Chaos magics.

well, i know you can't be comparing adam with superman in regards to will power or the ability to resist tp, so.....we'll forget that part happened. could adam resist? maybe, i guess, but certainly it would require proof to make that supposition, and i've not seen any. and of course it would need to be some feats of enormous will power, maybe GREATER than superman's, since he did fall prey to black's tp--and no one would be able to resist his even greater power--his tk.

as i said, initially, the only one with a chance would be kaluu, but i didn't know what feats he had. so, i agree. he may be able to battle black telepathically. but he would have no answer for black's tk. if black simply decided to snap his neck, i don't see what kaluu could do to stop it. and lest we forget this isn't just black trying to solo--though i think he would have a chance to do so. the hat is a walking plot device with that hat of his, able to pull, basically whatever he needs from it, and cold cast could certainly be an answer to carol....imo, in a random encounter the avengers don't have much chance in this match.

DarkSaint85
Don't forget, Hat could do way more than just pull things out - he was threatening to turn blood to acid etc. So a pretty powerful mage.

Menagerie could also do mind control, and her bugs spat acid which harmed even WW.

abhilegend
Chester casually made bizarro sane and was controlling thousands of super villains from different universes. Coldcast can simply shut everyone here with an electron blast etc. Hat was immune to any physical harm.

Elite were ridiculously powerful, they were casually destroying moons and putting out enough power to ignite a sun. I don't fancy avengers chance here.

leonidas
Originally posted by StyleTime
Kal can resist telepathy though.

the reasoning is faulty as well. it doesn't matter what superman could or couldn't do. has no bearing in this fight--ie saying black can beat these guys does NOT mean kal could do so. *whispers* i think that is what some people think is being said.....

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Don't forget, Hat could do way more than just pull things out - he was threatening to turn blood to acid etc. So a pretty powerful mage.

Menagerie could also do mind control, and her bugs spat acid which harmed even WW.

oh, so a thunder thief, eh.....? sneer

Golgo13
The Elite.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Blue Marvel does have TP resistance fts but I don't know if it's on the level of resisting Manchester though.
He does?

StyleTime
the reasoning is faulty as well. it doesn't matter what superman could or couldn't do. has no bearing in this fight--ie saying black can beat these guys does NOT mean kal could do so. *whispers* i think that is what some people think is being said.....

True. I just want them understand why Superman gets to bypass the telepathy argument.

On that note, I will also request resistance feats for Blue Marvel. I've seen multiple claims about his telepathy resistance but noone has produced scans or issue numbers yet. I haven't read all of his appearances, so maybe they know something I don't.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He does?

Yeah. Blade comic the team was being mentally controlled and he broke free from it. Don't even think he was being controlled tbh.

Stoic
Yeah. Blade comic the team was being mentally controlled and he broke free from it. Don't even think he was being controlled tbh.

Was it Blade? I thought that his resistance feat happened in the Mighty Avengers several issues ago? All the same, he does have a TP resistance feat. The Avengers are also the fastest team of the two, and the strongest IMO.

Stoic
Also he didn't so much resist it as he fought through it like I mentioned in an earlier post. He was definitely enthralled.

celeyhyga17
Scans?

Or title and issue# please?

Golgo13

From who?

Stoic
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Scans?

Or title and issue# please?

I think it was in Mighty Avengers 11

ODG
lol

feel free to say avengers but it's an illogical stance to take unless proof of protection vs someone of black's psi level is shown. Mighty Avengers #12. Elemental super-vampire that used a person's water as a conduit to enthrall a victim. A younger Blue Marvel powered through it.

Kaluu saw through a world-wide illusion that had enthralled the entire planet. Heroes like Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, etc. were specifically shown. And Luke Cage outright powered through it by sheer force of will. Sometimes willpower > mental resistance.

Blade can't be hypnotized by vampires, if that counts.

White Tiger fought through the possession of the Tiger god. She now literally is the Tiger god. Again, the whole sheer force of will. But then again, she's not in this thread for some reason.

Stoic
Originally posted by ODG
Mighty Avengers #12. Elemental super-vampire that used a person's water as a conduit to enthrall a victim. A younger Blue Marvel powered through it.

Kaluu saw through a world-wide illusion that had enthralled the entire planet. Heroes like Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, etc. were specifically shown. And Luke Cage outright powered through it by sheer force of will. Sometimes willpower > mental resistance.

White Tiger fought through the possession of the Tiger god. She now literally is the Tiger god. Again, the whole sheer force of will. But then again, she's not in this thread for some reason.

Thanks I thought that it happened in MA 11.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
Mighty Avengers #12. Elemental super-vampire that used a person's water as a conduit to enthrall a victim. A younger Blue Marvel powered through it.

TY.
thumb up

krisblaze
Originally posted by ODG

Mighty Avengers sounds exactly like the trash I expected it to be thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.