Anti Moniter vs Celestial

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Mid Range Celestial

Neutralverse on a unbreakable planet.

TheLordofMurder
What level is the Anti Monitor at?

His power level will vary greatly pending what point in time he is being used at...

Afterall, he's ranged from being damaged by Supergirl to being strong enough to fight a greatly amped Spectre at the Dawn of Time...

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
What level is the Anti Monitor at?

His power level will vary greatly pending what point in time he is being used at...

COIE.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
COIE.

See my above edit...

In that arc his power varied greatly...

Time Immemorial
Ok post crisis then.

TheLordofMurder
Well at his weakest, he was at best in the Herald range...so a Celestial would eat him alive without effort.

At his strongest, he would crush the 4th Celestial Host; Scathan would be needed to face him...

TheLordofMurder
Ok post crisis then.

Post Crisis...

Gotta think about that one...

My gut thought is the Celestial will win, but the Celestials are being written down lower and lower nowadays...

Time Immemorial
Well at his weakest, he was at best in the Herald range...so a Celestial would eat him alive without effort.

At his strongest, he would crush the 4th Celestial Host; Scathan would be needed to face him...

Lets go with some of his stronger points then, and Scathan is fine. Seems like a good matchup.

Lets go with Scathan vs Anti Monitor CSW showings.

Time Immemorial
But the Celestials are being written down lower and lower nowadays...

Celestials are bad ass, I dunno what marvel is thinking by doing this.

TheLordofMurder
Lets go with some of his stronger points then, and Scathan is fine. Seems like a good matchup.

Lets go with Scathan vs Anti Monitor CSW showings.

Scathan vs Dawn of Time Anti Monitor would be an excellent fight IMHO...

Scathan was beyond the Living Tribunal; Spectre is basically DC's version of the Tribunal...

But Spectre had a huge amp and the Anti Monitor withstood the Creation Blast better than Spectre did...

Anyway, I think you could reasonably debate for either and be able to provide a solid argument...

TheLordofMurder
Celestials are bad ass, I dunno what marvel is thinking by doing this.

Completely agree...

Giving Odin a Celestial killing spell was stupid beyond stupid; especially given the events in Thor 300...

Whoever thought that up should be fired...

Prof. T.C McAbe
COiE AM wins, Sinestro Corps AM loses.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

This.

operator616
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

Why would SCW AM lose against an average Celestial?

Edit:

What?

Golgo13
Originally posted by operator616

Edit:

What?

I don't recall anything impressive on SC AM.

operator616
Originally posted by Golgo13
I don't recall anything impressive on SC AM.

He was tapping into the power of all the 52 Earths and began to destroy the multiverse. Nekron also used him as a power source to power up his Central Black power Battery which supplies power to all Black Lanterns - numbered in countless thousands.

It took a galaxy-busting attack + Guardians (who, individually may not be impressive but their collective showings have been pretty uber) + Prime.

Don't know about you, but id call that impressive.

Golgo13
Well, when you put it like that. stick out tongue

TheLordofMurder
He was tapping into the power of all the 52 Earths and began to destroy the multiverse. Nekron also used him as a power source to power up his Central Black power Battery which supplies power to all Black Lanterns - numbered in countless thousands.

It took a galaxy-busting attack + Guardians (who, individually may not be impressive but their collective showings have been pretty uber) + Prime.

Don't know about you, but id call that impressive.

Thing is, Odin is capable of Galaxy Busting attacks and he (along with 2 other High Skyfathers) were completely unable to do anything to a lone Celestial...

Of course that was prior to the progressive writting down the Celestials have undergone throughout the decades...

At current my gut still tells me Celestial, but they arent portrayed as uber as they once were and their weaknesses just keep adding up; SC Anti Monitor has a real chance of victory as a result...

TheLordofMurder

Edit:

What?

Do you remember when Supergirl was busting him up during COIE? Before she turned her attention away from him (which allowed him to recover and kill her), she had the upper hand against him; he was forced to retreat to repair his armor afterwards...

Surely he was no greater than a Herald at that point in time...

TheLordofMurder
You remember this dont you operator616?

TheLordofMurder
Dam...

That scan reminds me of how awesome a read COIE was...

I think I'm going to read it all over again soon...

smile

operator616
You really should go re-read it. Coz calling COIE AM herald level is, well....

Thing is, Odin is capable of Galaxy Busting attacks and he (along with 2 other High Skyfathers) were completely unable to do anything to a lone Celestial...

Of course that was prior to the progressive writting down the Celestials have undergone throughout the decades...

At current my gut still tells me Celestial, but they arent portrayed as uber as they once were and their weaknesses just keep adding up; SC Anti Monitor has a real chance of victory as a result...

You're talking about a high level Celestial, Arishem, not a normal one. And even then, Thor damaging Exitar (albeit with the belt f strength) didn't happen that far off.

But ok, consider this: The Guardians once contained all the magic in the entire universe, saved a galaxy, and contained a galactic-level reality warper. The CPB which they created is capable of destroying the entire universe and they were the suppliers of Volthoom's power.

Yet, they weren't that effective against SCW AM. And it required their power + galaxy-busting attack + Prime to put him down.

Do you remember when Supergirl was busting him up during COIE? Before she turned her attention away from him (which allowed him to recover and kill her), she had the upper hand against him; he was forced to retreat to repair his armor afterwards...

Surely he was no greater than a Herald at that point in time...

This is just plain wrong. You realize that at that point, AM had the power of countless universes inside him? And you call that herald level?

Sure, Supergirl did damage him - the same way she doing against Blackstarr at that same time period despite Blackstarr being a universal power, every super-hero gets to shine once in a while - but you gotta realize something: The writers intended that to be Supergirl's death after all these years that she has been appearing in, so they had to depict Supergirl's death with her, y'know, actually doing something with great impact, and that impact was: Supergirl damaging AM.

Also, this is PC Supergirl, so a PC kryptonite going all out (and not average depiction) is pretty scary. Regular PC Superman/Supergirl have self-imposed inhibitions. I could give examples.

TheLordofMurder
You know, calling him a Herald at the time maybe isnt really fair given how powerful he was supposed to be at the time and what you said is completely correct...

But that said a sub Superman level character was taking it to him...

Yes this is precrisis and their highs were incredibly high, but what people forget is their lows were incredibly low...on average I'd still say she was herald.

IMHO, he was getting it taken to him by a Herald; at the very least he had Herald level durability...

Golgo13
Pre-Crisis Supergirl is low trans. Not herlad.

zopzop
You know, calling him a Herald at the time maybe isnt really fair given how powerful he was supposed to be at the time and what you said is completely correct...

Yes this is precrisis and their highs were incredibly high, but what people forget is their lows were incredibly low...on average I'd still say she was herald.

IMHO, he was getting it taken to him by a Herald; at the very least he had Herald level durability...
Dude you see the latest Celestial humiliation from Marvel?

A F-lister meta level being tanked an attack from that cursed Celestial killing axe. sick

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop

A F-lister meta level being tanked an attack from that cursed Celestial killing axe. sick

Who?

operator616

Yeah, calling him a herald is definitely wrong. Many cosmic characters get damaged by lower characters. It happens all the time and that instance was no different.

Kara was going all-out, it was even mentioned that she didn't care about what's going to happen to her, she just unleashed herself on AM with all her fury. I agree on the average part. In fact, i myself have argued in the past against PC Superman being a skyfather based on his average showings when all people did were consider his highest only. But that still doesn't change the fact that that was Supergirl at her highest: She was going all out, without any inhibitions.

Superman #322 is an example of what a PC Kryptonian can do going all-out and NOT AVERAGE.

We use Average showings when debating vs battles, but that's an entirely different matter, because SG was actually at her highest when fighting AM.

That's not even mentioning that Supergirl actually destroyed AM's shell only and not AM himself.

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who?
Power Man. Galan posted the scans in the Ownage Thread.

TheLordofMurder

Oh god, I haven't seen that..

Dam Marvel...dam them...well atleast their comicbook movies have been good...

TheLordofMurder
Yeah, calling him a herald is definitely wrong. Many cosmic characters get damaged by lower characters. It happens all the time and that instance was no different.

Kara was going all-out, it was even mentioned that she didn't care about what's going to happen to her, she just unleashed herself on AM with all her fury. I agree on the average part. In fact, i myself have argued in the past against PC Superman being a skyfather based on his average showings when all people did were consider his highest only. But that still doesn't change the fact that that was Supergirl at her highest: She was going all out, without any inhibitions.

Superman #322 is an example of what a PC Kryptonian can do going all-out and NOT AVERAGE.

We use Average showings when debating vs battles, but that's an entirely different matter, because SG was actually at her highest when fighting AM.

That's not even mentioning that Supergirl actually destroyed AM's shell only and not AM himself.

I gotta give you credit; your argument is strong... thumb up

I retract my statement about him only being Herald level at the time...

That said, considering that the Anti Monitor had absorbed the power of a near infinite number of universes, dont you think that (even at her best) Kara shouldnt have been able to weaken him? I mean unless Kara at her best is an Eternity+ character, this should have been completely impossible...

Was that instance a case of the Anti Monitor jobbing, DC sending Kara out on a high note, or a combination of both?

quanchi112
Celestial wins.

Golgo13

That said, considering that the Anti Monitor had absorbed the power of a near infinite number of universes, dont you think that (even at her best) Kara shouldnt have been able to weaken him? I mean unless Kara at her best is an Eternity+ character, this should have been completely impossible...

Was that instance a case of the Anti Monitor jobbing, DC sending Kara out on a high note, or a combination of both?

thumb up Operator, FTW.

ares834

The axe, though, is specifically enchanted to be able to cleave through Celestials, it's presumably their "kryptonite" in a sense.

zopzop
Originally posted by ares834
The axe, though, is specifically enchanted to be able to cleave through Celestials, it's presumably their "kryptonite" in a sense.
Yes, but it's still and indestructible axe being swung by an angry CL100 being.

Golgo13
Yes, but it's still and indestructible axe being swung by an angry CL100 being.

Yeah, pretty pathetic.

quanchi112
Yes, but it's still and indestructible axe being swung by an angry CL100 being. So ??

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
So ??
So he should have cleaved Power Man in two. Yet PM blocked the attack without any harm to himself.

Power Man had a better showing against that axe than at least a dozen Celestials! sick

krisblaze
So he should have cleaved Power Man in two. Yet PM blocked the attack without any harm to himself.

Power Man had a better showing against that axe than at least a dozen Celestials! sick

B-b-but the enchantment!

quanchi112

Power Man had a better showing against that axe than at least a dozen Celestials! sick Knite. It's like saying surfer shows no problems against knite but look at Superman's knees bend.

operator616

thumb up

Pretty much of both. Of course, an all-out Kara, even if she is above the herald tier, still shouldn't be anywhere near a being who absorbed nigh-infinite universes...but jobbing on AM's part along with sending Kara out on a high note allowed that to happen, like we agreed. Even if it is completely nonsensical.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.