Merry Christmas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angelalex242
Posted in this forum because it's SOMEBODY'S birthday.

I like having my kids sing 'Happy Birthday' along with more traditional carols. Drives home that Christmas is really a giant Birthday Party for the King of Kings.

Star428
Originally posted by Angelalex242
Posted in this forum because it's SOMEBODY'S birthday.

I like having my kids sing 'Happy Birthday' along with more traditional carols. Drives home that Christmas is really a giant Birthday Party for the King of Kings.

thumb up

Agreed.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Time Immemorial
King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

dyajeep
belated Merry Christmas... however, i do believe that Christmas is not about the date but about Christ Himself... He is our peace (Ephesians 2:14)... smile

Star428
I agree that it's not about the date but about celebrating the day that He was born into this world in human form. I don't think anyone knows for sure which day of the month is really His birthday but the 25th is pretty close, I think.

dyajeep
Originally posted by Star428
I agree that it's not about the date but about celebrating the day that He was born into this world in human form. I don't think anyone knows for sure which day of the month is really His birthday but the 25th is pretty close, I think.

it's actually around October... wink

Star428
Originally posted by dyajeep
it's actually around October... wink

Really? What's your source? I've always heard that it is a few days give or take around winter solstice.

dyajeep
"There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zechariah, of the division of Abijah. His wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth."
Luke 1:5

Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist, is assigned in the division of Abijah... the schedule of service of Abijah in OT is in the eighth (I Chronicles 24:6-19) which is in the month of Tammuz (first part is of Hakkoz, second part is of Abijah)... Tammuz is mid-June to mid-July...

so after Zechariah received the news from angel Gabriel, and after his service, he went home (Luke 1:23), which is mid-July...

Elizabeth, who is 6-month pregnant with John (January), marks Mary being conceived by the Holy Spirit with Jesus' human form... so this marks John's birthmonth around April, and Jesus' birthmonth around October... that is, considering both mothers (Elizabeth and Mary) delivering a normal 9-month pregnancy... smile

Jesus' birth will never be winter... it's not logical for Augustus Caesar to decree a census for all people under his authority to register in the time of winter (Luke 2:1-2)... and if it's winter, there should be no country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night (Luke 2:8)...

in Jerusalem,

winter is December to March
spring is March to May
summer is June to September
autumn is September to November

Time Immemorial
This was proven long ago. But yea another made up idea by religious non sense. Its good however to celebrate it rather then forget.

dyajeep
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
This was proven long ago. But yea another made up idea by religious non sense. Its good however to celebrate it rather then forget.

thumb up

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I thought my ears were burning.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I thought my ears were burning.

It was ur spirit stirring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.