Vader (ROTS) vs. Vader (ROTJ)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angelalex242
Your standard Unsuited Vader vs. Suited Vader fight. ROTJ version of suited Vader chosen to give him the maximum possible experience edge over his younger self.

When is Vader really at his peak?

Trocity
ROTJ Vader with high difficulty

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Trocity
ROTJ Vader with high difficulty

ILS
Vader has a fair edge in that he was/is Anakin, whereas Anakin doesn't know anything about Vader. Not sure who is better outside of that.

NewGuy01
Vader wins.

WildBantha88
Jedi Vader. It could be argued that Sith Vader is the better duelist but Jedi Vader has a far better command of the force and has his insain durability. Jedi Vader is a nice step up from Sith Vader

DARTH POWER
Who the heck is Jedi Vader?

Anyway this is probably a split. They both have major advantages and disadvantages against each other. Both at their peak in their respective SW Trilogy.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Who the heck is Jedi Vader? Return of the Jedi Vader.

McP
ROTS Vader:
- is faster and much more agile
- is far more durable
- has advantage in saber technique
- has superior raw power in the Force

ROTJ Vader:
- has perfect knowledge over his younger self
- is far more skilled at using the Force
- is far stronger mentally

Anyway, if Anakin will charge at Vader the same way he charged at Count Dooku, Vader will be doomed.
Vader was unable to protect hisemfl against Luke, who wasn't as strong as Anakin in both categries - physical and in the Force, who wasn't as fast as Anakin, and who wasn't technically as good as Anakin.

WildBantha88
Lol at rots Vader being more durable and have more power.

Rots Vader had more potential, not power

Emperordmb
ROTJ Vader is also smarter.

ares834
"When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

The "real" Vader takes this.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Rots Vader had more potential, not power

Blatantly incorrect.

FreshestSlice
That Furnace Heart bs might comeback to burn Vader here, but as far as feats go heavily leaning RotJ.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Blatantly incorrect. prove me wrong. Because suited Vader has better feats

ares834
In the upcoming Vader novel, Vader feels to be far more powerful then ever before. Not sure if it counts being nuEU and all though.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
In the upcoming Vader novel, Vader feels to be far more powerful then ever before. Not sure if it counts being nuEU and all though. Really? Can you provide the quote/excerpt?

Zenwolf
In the upcoming Vader novel, Vader feels to be far more powerful then ever before. Not sure if it counts being nuEU and all though.

Why wouldn't it count?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by WildBantha88
prove me wrong.

Sure.

"It is in this blazing moment that you finally understand the trap of the dark side, the final cruelty of the Sith-Because now your self is all you will ever have.

And you rage and scream and reach through the Force to crush the shadow who has destroyed you, but you are so far less now that when you were, you are more than half machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you can remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only a memory, and so with all your world-destroying fury it is only droids around you that implode, and equipment, and the table on which you were strapped shatters, and in the end you cannot touch the shadow.

In the end, you do not even want to."

-Revenge of the Sith

Say all you want about Vader having a greater mastery or control of the Force than Anakin, but he will never be more powerful. In terms of raw force strength, no one really is. Not until Luke comes around, anyway.

ares834
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Really? Can you provide the quote/excerpt?

It's from amazons sampler. Not at home right now so I can't provide it, although it suggest Disney is taking a very large change from the old EU when it pertains to Anakin and Vader.

DARTH POWER

Then that would also make Old Ben far more powerful than his ROTS Counterpart.

I'll be interested in the NuEU's take on OT Vader and Kenobi. Always hated Lucas's "They're both slow because they're old" take on them.

However I should note ROTS Anakin felt more Powerful when he turned to the Dark Side. But I wouldn't say he necessarily was more powerful just because he felt himself to be. Also will have to read the whole thing because he may feel more powerful in the Force but still more useless in terms of his mobility.

Hopefully the novel will make it all clear though.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why wouldn't it count?

Because All Legends material is Non-Canon to the NuEU, and it will completely ignore Legends continuity going forward.

So you either follow Legends rules or the NuEU rules when discussing versus threads. But you can't mix and match them together, because then we're basically making our own canon.

DarthAnt66
Lords of the Sith summary implied Vader is near Sidious in power.

Zenwolf
Because All Legends material is Non-Canon to the NuEU, and it will completely ignore Legends continuity going forward.

So you either follow Legends rules or the NuEU rules when discussing versus threads. But you can't mix and match them together, because then we're basically making our own canon.

Right...but I mean, why can't you count the NEU here?

You said

So why can't it be counted because it's NEU?

carthage
Even split or slight majority to ROTS Vader due to superior speed and maybe slightly superior skill.

DARTH POWER
Right...but I mean, why can't you count the NEU here?

You said

So why can't it be counted because it's NEU?

Ares said that, not me. But I agree with his questioning of whether it belongs here yet.

As more NuEU novels and material appear, I think we will need a separate board/threads to discuss that specific canon.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lords of the Sith summary implied Vader is near Sidious in power.

Cool, will find out for sure when the novel comes out. But Filoni's also been talking about Vader being very powerful.

My question is how powerful would that make Kenobi for pretty much stalemating him. I'd guess Dooku level at least. But we'll see as we get more NuEU info.

Of course he can't be too close to Sidious in Power, otherwise he would have challenged him already, and not needed to wait for Luke.

Zenwolf
Ares said that, not me. But I agree with his questioning of whether it belongs here yet.

As more NuEU novels and material appear, I think we will need a separate board/threads to discuss that specific canon.

Oh whoops lol sorry.

?....A whole separate boards/threads to discuss the NEU?...Since when was all this SW stuff just geared towards the old?

A whole separate just seems like too much work and seems pointless, when we could just discuss it on these boards.

DARTH POWER
Oh whoops lol sorry.

?....A whole separate boards/threads to discuss the NEU?...Since when was all this SW stuff just geared towards the old?

A whole separate just seems like too much work and seems pointless, when we could just discuss it on these boards.

We could discuss it here. Yeah sure. There's just the likely risk people would keep mixing up Proofs from Legends with Evidences from the Nu Canon. But it's very clear their continuities are completely separate.

There's actually 3 separate SW Universes now:

1. Lucas's- which is just the existing 6 movies and TCW Animation.
2. Legends- which is all Lucas's world plus the majority of comics and novels that came Pre-Rebels.
3. Disney's- which is again Lucas's plus Rebels plus any new movies, animation, comics and novels not under the Legends banner.

These 3 are all completely separate continuities with very separate rules, so it's pretty important to know which continuity we're discussing, which is why IMO it might make more sense to have different boards for each. Well at least for Disney Canon and Legends. It's unlikely anyone's going to discuss Versus threads under the banner of just "Lucas Canon."

Also IMO Disney Canon is the most important, as pretty much everything new coming will be Disney Canon, which will eventually render Legends kind of Obsolete.

But for now there's just not that much EU material in terms of Disney Canon for people to be discussing that as part of versus threads daily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.