WM Thor vs V&V Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reflassshh
God or dictator?

Stoic
There are two reasons that i think that Thor would be able to resist Despero's mind takeover. 1. He was so enraged that TP assault may have been off the books. My reasoning; Why didn't Thanos try this on him?

2. Thor is mystically protected, and even while operating while not being enraged to the point of foaming at the mouth, he has natural TP resistances.

I think that this would come down to a purely physical confrontation. Arguing for Despero; Thor was so enraged, that he fought like a hammer wielding brick that had seemingly forsaken his more exotic abilities.

That being said, It's anyone's guess who would win a mostly physical confrontation between the two.

carver9
Imagine a 10 times more powerful Thor doing this with his hammer.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120870/2595906-despero2.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9

I can't low-ball the scene, even though I thoroughly disliked it. I mean look at how the heroes seemed to have forgotten that they had more powers than their fists. Look at Hourman SMH. However Despero did good against them (can't take that away). Also it was stated that Thor wasn't truly in Warrior Madness mode, so there's that to think on.

LordofBrooklyn

The Blonde whore can't replicate that scene.

Don't make me destroy you before the year is over!

Stoic
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
The Blonde whore can't replicate that scene.

Don't make me destroy you before the year is over!

I think he was talking about the hit Despero took from Hawkman. Despero wasn't invincible, and if Hawkman could hurt him, Thor would surely be able to as well.

-K-M-
He hit him when Despero was physically manhandling Superman and Captain Marvel at the same time no expression

Stoic
True but Thor is much stronger than Hawkman, and out of his mind with rage. Do you really believe that Despero would have beaten that team down if they used their abilities? no expression

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
I can't low-ball the scene, even though I thoroughly disliked it. I mean look at how the heroes seemed to have forgotten that they had more powers than their fists. Look at Hourman SMH. However Despero did good against them (can't take that away). Also it was stated that Thor wasn't truly in Warrior Madness mode, so there's that to think on.

Looking at the battle scene Despero used TP the entire time which is the reason he gained the advantage. Looking at the scan above, he used TP during that scene as well (the glow above his head). It was much more than a physical brawl imo. Think he gained the advantage against them via TP.

-K-M-
True but Thor is much stronger than Hawkman, and out of his mind with rage. Do you really believe that Despero would have beaten that team down if they used their abilities? no expression

and? Nth metal controls the 4 fundamentals of the universe and has hurt other class 100 characters.

Apparently not as they didn't do it. You can't argue PIS for one character and not the other. You guys literally looked at one panel and ignored the rest. That's low balling.

Stoic
Originally posted by -K-M-
and? Nth metal controls the 4 fundamentals of the universe and has hurt other class 100 characters.

Apparently not as they didn't do it. You can't argue PIS for one character and not the other. You guys literally looked at one panel and ignored the rest. That's low balling.

No it really isn't. Thor was looked at as a hero, while Despero is a known and hated villain. The Surfer, and Bill weren't going to go Killer clown on a friend, even one out of his mind with rage. What happened to the DC heroes wasn't the same thing as what happened to the Marvel heroes. Then again Carver may have just bridged the gap that I hadn't immediately realized when he wrote this.

Looking at the battle scene Despero used TP the entire time which is the reason he gained the advantage. Looking at the scan above, he used TP during that scene as well (the glow above his head). It was much more than a physical brawl imo. Think he gained the advantage against them via TP.

Good point Carver.

-K-M-
No it really isn't. Thor was looked at as a hero, while Despero is a known and hated villain. The Surfer, and Bill weren't going to go Killer clown on a friend, even one out of his mind with rage. What happened to the DC heroes wasn't the same thing as what happened to the Marvel heroes. Then again Carver may have just bridged the gap that I hadn't immediately realized when he wrote this.

Yes you literally based your entire argument because Hawkman hurt him and ignored everything else. That's the very definition of low balling erm

Except the people have HIGH level of TP resistance including Superman.

Stoic
Yes you literally based your entire argument because Hawkman hurt him and ignored everything else. That's the very definition of low balling erm

Except the people have HIGH level of TP resistance including Superman.

Is that what I wrote? No. I wrote what I literally thought. Don't interpret what I meant, read what I wrote. I have no reason to lie about something like this. The Marvel heroes did not fight Thor like they would fight a hated enemy, thus there was no PIS, but insted it was CIS. Thor is stronger than Hawkman by quite a bit, so my thinking was that if Hawkman with an Nth metal weapon could hurt Despero the way that he did, Thor would be able to hurt him as badly if not more with his magical mallet, backed by his greater hitting power.

Then Carver made a good point in saying that Despero was probably using his TP against them, which may or may not have stopped them from operating at their best. Those were my thoughts.

-K-M-
Is that what I wrote? No. I wrote what I literally thought. Don't interpret what I meant, read what I wrote. I have no reason to lie about something like this. The Marvel heroes did not fight Thor like they would fight a hated enemy, thus there was no PIS, but insted it was CIS. Thor is stronger than Hawkman by quite a bit, so my thinking was that if Hawkman with an Nth metal weapon could hurt Despero the way that he did, Thor would be able to hurt him as badly if not more with his magical mallet, backed by his greater hitting power.

Then Carver made a good point in saying that Despero was probably using his TP against them, which may or may not have stopped them from operating at their best. Those were my thoughts.

Carver did and then you went with it. Despero also has taken hits from people stronger then Hawkman as well and was completely fine. Hence, why going by just that showing is faulty and low-balling.

Show me proof he was using telepathy on them directly then. They have HIGH level of telepathy resistance. If he somehow was then why are we assuming Thor would be completely immune?

Stoic
Carver did and then you went with it. Despero also has taken hits from people stronger then Hawkman as well and was completely fine. Hence, why going by just that showing is faulty and low-balling.

Show me proof he was using telepathy on them directly then. They have HIGH level of telepathy resistance. If he somehow was then why are we assuming Thor would be completely immune?

The scan that Carver presented shows the same visual effects of Despero using his powers against Superman, and Captain Marvel, as they do when he clearly uses them against Hawkman. The yellowish lightning looking effects shown in the scan. This was what I looked at when coming to the conclusion that I did. What other reason was there for Superman and the other heroes failing to use more than their faces against his fists? I've always seen that particular encounter as dubious at best, and one of the poorest showings that a team of that caliber could show, when I believe that Superman alone could beat Despero if he really dug into his ass.

-K-M-
The scan that Carver presented shows the same visual effects of Despero using his powers against Superman, and Captain Marvel, as they do when he clearly uses them against Hawkman. The yellowish lightning looking effects shown in the scan. This was what I looked at when coming to the conclusion that I did. What other reason was there for Superman and the other heroes failing to use more than their faces against his fists? I've always seen that particular encounter as dubious at best, and one of the poorest showings that a team of that caliber could show, when I believe that Superman alone could beat Despero if he really dug into his ass.

and? that's not proof. He could be doing it on anyone or anything. Superman and Marvel and others have HIGH level of telepathy resistance. If he was controlling them why would he be physically manhandling? You guys have made some faulty statements and large assumptions

Except this isn't the first time Despero and Superman fought. You are making lots more assumptions again.

Hell his head went yellow when he blasted power girl as seen below. Clearly you can see he didn't do it on everyone. The yellow is not around superman and Marvel it's around despero's head just like the scan below. When Despero did it to Hawkman and others the yellow was all around then. Except once again was not around Superman or Marvel just around Despero's head
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119238/3154812-2595903-despero.jpg

Stoic
and? that's not proof. He could be doing it on anyone or anything. Superman and Marvel and others have HIGH level of telepathy resistance. If he was controlling them why would he be physically manhandling? You guys have made some faulty statements and large assumptions

Except this isn't the first time Despero and Superman fought. You are making lots more assumptions again.

Hell his head went yellow when he blasted power girl as seen below. Clearly you can see he didn't do it on everyone. The yellow is not around superman and Marvel it's around despero's head just like the scan below. When Despero did it to Hawkman and others the yellow was all around then. Except once again was not around Superman or Marvel just around Despero's head
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119238/3154812-2595903-despero.jpg

I clearly see him using it on more than just Hawkman in that scan that Carver posted. Look at the way they are all grabbing their heads. This isn't some uneducated assumption that you would like to convince yourself of. It is what I saw in the scan.

We aren't talking about the other times that Superman fought Despero, but the V&V version of Despero. I understand that something else may have been sketched in another scan of the same story, but I was taking my opinion from the scan presented by Carver. I can't remember every single scene from every book that I've read, nor should anyone ever have to. LOB said that the Blond Whore couldn't replicate that scene, and I disagreed. I think that Thor could hurt Despero. I never once said who would win as can be read from my very first statement in this very same thread.

You took that as low balling, while I am telling you that I wasn't. Now are you going to argue with me about the thoughts in my head? I told you my thoughts brother.

DarkSaint85
I'd argue it was TK.

Look at Sandman's mask. It's being blown off. A TP assault shouldn't do that.

-K-M-
I clearly see him using it on more than just Hawkman in that scan that Carver posted. Look at the way they are all grabbing their heads. This isn't some uneducated assumption that you would like to convince yourself of. It is what I saw in the scan.

We aren't talking about the other times that Superman fought Despero, but the V&V version of Despero. I understand that something else may have been sketched in another scan of the same story, but I was taking my opinion from the scan presented by Carver. I can't remember every single scene from every book that I've read, nor should anyone ever have to. LOB said that the Blond Whore couldn't replicate that scene, and I disagreed. I think that Thor could hurt Despero. I never once said who would win as can be read from my very first statement in this very same thread.

Yeah he used it on Sand, Wildcat, Hawkman as clearly indicated by the yellow around them. No such yellow was around Superman and Marvel

I was referring to V&V. Again the scan by carver is out of context and then he made a faulty assumption that he was using his telepathy on marvel and superman which clearly wasn't the case just going by the "special effects" which he tried to use

I think Thor can most definitely hurt Despero, but Carver once again fails. Never ever follow suit with what he says. He made a faulty assumption and low balled just going by one scan

Stoic
Yeah he used it on Sand, Wildcat, Hawkman as clearly indicated by the yellow around them. No such yellow was around Superman and Marvel

I was referring to V&V. Again the scan by carver is out of context and then he made a faulty assumption that he was using his telepathy on marvel and superman which clearly wasn't the case just going by the "special effects" which he tried to use

I think Thor can most definitely hurt Despero, but Carver once again fails. Never ever follow suit with what he says. He made a faulty assumption and low balled just going by one scan

Yes it was. Look above his head while he clutches Superman and Marvel. In the scan that you presented you see his 3rd eye glowing as well.

carver9
He used TP throughout the fight. TP or TK..whatever it was. Look at the scan KM provided. He's using TP there as well. It wasn't a brawl and even if you have some form of resistance against TP, that doesn't mean it doesn't affect you at all. Especially against someone of Despero caliber. He clearly used it during that fight to gain an advantage.

-K-M-
Yes it was. Look above his head while he clutches Superman and Marvel. In the scan that you presented you see his 3rd eye glowing as well.

How do you figure? There is literally no yellow around them. Also the powergirl scan and hawkman are a continuation. That yellow around his head same size and diameter is very likely due to he just sent power girl flying in the previous page. Did you read the comic?

-K-M-
He used TP throughout the fight. TP or TK..whatever it was. Look at the scan KM provided. He's using TP there as well. It wasn't a brawl and even if you have some form of resistance against TP, that doesn't mean it doesn't affect you at all. Especially against someone of Despero caliber. He clearly used it during that fight to gain an advantage.

Which was clearly shown when he was using it yellow went around people. Nothing was around superman or marvel. Once again you fail to grasp basic things

carver9
Which was clearly shown when he was using it yellow went around people. Nothing was around superman or marvel. Once again you fail to grasp basic things

Makes sense. We see TP usage over his head for decoration.

thumb up

-K-M-
Makes sense. We see TP usage over his head for decoration.

thumb up

Honestly you are the worst poster here. Notice in the scans his head goes yellow and if he is using his telepathy or tk yellow goes around the people he targeted.

The TK blast he sent Power girl with had it on her and on his head. Then he next scene he still has the yellow color which was a continuation from his attack on power girl (keep her at bay or literally still from the original attack). Basic story telling. When he used his powers again on Hawkman, Sandman, Wildcat oh yellow around the people he targeted. So from a basic story telling the writer was clearly showing when he was or wasn't using his tk or telepathy. notice NOTHING was around Superman or Marvel

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/despero2_zpsb05941d9.png

carver9
He is head crushing them...of course you will not see it but we do see him using it. Also, your last scan, look at the guy on the far right...Nothing over his head but he is still feeling the TP blast.

-K-M-
He is head crushing them...of course you will not see it but we do see him using it. Also, your last scan, look at the guy on the fat right...Nothing over his head but he is still feeling the TP blast.

Like I said you're the worst poster. So his hands are covering the yellow energy which was large and clearly visible for everyone else. roll eyes (sarcastic) Hell you can even clearly see Marvel's head NOT covered by his hands.

You do realize he hit Sand with a TK blast right? His gun blew apart erm Telepathy doesn't do that. Even the ground had a shock wave under it. He was the only one that didn't get a telepathy blast hence why he was the only one still standing and continued to fight while everyone else were gone.

carver9
So when he was TP blasting while attacking Supes and Marvel, who was he using it against?

-K-M-
So when he was TP blasting while attacking Supes and Marvel, who was he using it against?

Power Girl most likely. As the panel shows him blasting Power Girl with TK (he has the yellow around his head) and then the next panel yellow is still around his head and same size as the previous panel and he was trying to push her away. He was doing it long enough so she wouldn't come back instantly. Hence why he screamed "AWAY" and she didn't return until much later

Writer clearly showed multiple times when he was using his powers. So as I said every time he used his powers on someone yellow was around someone. This is so basic. No yellow around Superman or Marvel? no powers on them.

celeyhyga17
Despero used tp/tk throughout the fight, but he didn't use them EVERY single time. He did use it often.

-K-M-
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Despero used tp/tk throughout the fight, but he didn't use them EVERY single time. He did use it often.

thumb up

Yep and we knew when he did it (Yellow energy)

celeyhyga17
thumb up

Yep and we knew when he did it (Yellow energy)
thumb up

-K-M-
thumb up

thumb up

celeyhyga17
thumb up
thumb down

-K-M-
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7hu22giDp1rqxe4o.jpg

celeyhyga17
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7hu22giDp1rqxe4o.jpg
Ure face when US beats Canada in the next Winter Olympics(hockey).

heisetx
So let me get this straight.... tk/tp, fine, cool. yawn

WM Thor would win, he has all the tools necessary to defeat despero.

krisblaze
Ure face when US beats Canada in the next Winter Olympics(hockey).
Haha, when you pigs fly.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by krisblaze
Haha, when you pigs fly.
Our time!

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-pigs-flying/0032.gif

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by heisetx
So let me get this straight.... tk/tp, fine, cool. yawn

WM Thor would win, he has all the tools necessary to defeat despero.

Warrior Madness Thor would lose EVERY single time against Despero.

Thor under Warrior Madness only has an amp to his strength. While a 10 fold increase in strength is impressive, brute strength against Despero, especially V&V Despero will not be enough.

There is the factor of TP resistance that, Stoic, (ACOLYTE OF CARVER :coolsmile brought up. That is dubious but even if you grant it, Thor would fall.

Regular Thor has a better chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.