Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
June 8th 2018, the king of monsters returns

3 things I want from this film

1: more screen time for the titular character Godzilla

2: no cutting away from the Godzilla fight/s

3: mecha Godzilla!!!!

Kazenji
I know the director has teased Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah of possibly using them.

BruceSkywalker
As far as I know its Rodan and Mothra in the sequel

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Kazenji
I know the director has teased Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah of possibly using them.

You told us the last one was going to be good and look what happened, it was a complete blunder from down under.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
You told us the last one was going to be good and look what happened, it was a complete blunder from down under.

Piss off dickhead..get a life.

Time Immemorial
Piss off dickhead..get a life.

You are my life. I live to please.

Kazenji
You are my life. I live to please.

Keep it up

and you've got another thing coming.

Time Immemorial
Keep it up

and you've got another thing coming.

I'm glad we are friends big grin

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
As far as I know its Rodan and Mothra in the sequel

Well at least they're using some classic monsters

Badabing
Originally posted by steverules_2
June 8th 2018, the king of monsters returns

3 things I want from this film

1: more screen time for the titular character Godzilla

2: no cutting away from the Godzilla fight/s

3: mecha Godzilla!!!! You are a fan of reptiles. This is an improvement. thumb up

Impediment
As much as I'd LOVE to see Ghidora, it seems a little far fetched.

Mothra seems an appropriate foe.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Badabing
You are a fan of reptiles. This is an improvement. thumb up

The raptor bada isn't on the list of favourite reptiles uhuh

BruceSkywalker
Well at least they're using some classic monsters

yup.. I do want MechoGodzilla for Godzilla 3 though ..

Originally posted by Impediment
As much as I'd LOVE to see Ghidora, it seems a little far fetched.

Mothra seems an appropriate foe.

King Ghidora can and could work.. Perhaps also have a Gamora cameo big grin

Esau Cairn
Not gonna bother spending the next 2 years listening to all the hype...

steverules_2
yup.. I do want MechoGodzilla for Godzilla 3 though ..

Probably yeah

Tzeentch
I want likable humans.

Stoic
I have a feeling that I know exactly what will happen to this movie. Pacific Rim 2 will come out several months before it, and people will have been so impressed by PR2 that Godzilla 2 will be eclipsed like the first one was when PR1 eclipsed Godzilla. Will history repeat itself? I'm almost betting that it will. Pacific Rim knew exactly how to treat giant monster battles, and they delivered in ways that you expected Godzilla to, but instead fell short by instead giving us a story about a boring little man, and his emotionless son.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Stoic
I have a feeling that I know exactly what will happen to this movie. Pacific Rim 2 will come out several months before it, and people will have been so impressed by PR2 that Godzilla 2 will be eclipsed like the first one was when PR1 eclipsed Godzilla. Will history repeat itself? I'm almost betting that it will. Pacific Rim knew exactly how to treat giant monster battles, and they delivered in ways that you expected Godzilla to, but instead fell short by instead giving us a story about a boring little man, and his emotionless son.

Yeah the sons acting was awful, they chose the worst child actor to play him

jinXed by JaNx

must have seen a different movie

Kazenji
Just ignore that clown

being stupid about things, Likes to blame his failures on other people.

Flyattractor
2018?? What that long?

Kazenji
The movie has been delayed until 2019

meanwhile Godzilla vs. Kong Gets Release Date...........May 29, 2020

https://www.scified.com/news/godzilla-2-delayed-to-2019-godzilla-vs-kong-gets-release-date

steverules_2
How come we gotta wait so long for the sequel but the third film we're getting pretty fast? Oh well

Kazenji
Gareth Edwards reportedly is no longer doing the sequel

https://www.scified.com/news/gareth-edwards-reportedly-no-longer-directing-godzilla-2

Kazenji
Movie has started production, Other Kaiju are confirmed

http://www.superherohype.com/news/399321-godzilla-sequel-begins-production-rodan-mothra-and-ghidorah-confirmed

vansonbee
I don't all the monsters crammed into one single movie and no word about King Kong in all of this? Is he and Godzilla suppose to team up or something against these kaiju?

Kazenji
Originally posted by vansonbee
I don't all the monsters crammed into one single movie and no word about King Kong in all of this? Is he and Godzilla suppose to team up or something against these kaiju?

They've only mentioned Mothra, Rodan & King Ghidorah. So its not really all of them.

Kazenji
They've released a video to do with King Ghidorah

basically he was found in the ice in the Antarctic.

Kazenji
Oxygen Destroyer teased by the director

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/godzilla-2-oxygen-destroyer-prop-teased-director

Kazenji
The sequel to be more like Kong: Skull Island

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/godzilla-sequel-more-like-kong-skull-island-than-2014-original-early-reactions-claim

playa1258
One of my most anticipated of 2019. Hope they can improve even more from Kong.

Khazra Reborn
The sequel to be more like Kong: Skull Island

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/godzilla-sequel-more-like-kong-skull-island-than-2014-original-early-reactions-claim

Oh thank goodness. Happy Dance

ShadowFyre
I can't wait to see this movie. I hope it's amazing

steverules_2
I hope Godzilla is actually in it instead of a cameo appearance

Bashar Teg
and those elephant feet need to GO

Kazenji
I hope Godzilla is actually in it instead of a cameo appearance

Yeah because the older movies were nothing like that at all.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules_2

Kazenji
Obviously i meant the Toho ones.

steverules_2
Obviously

Impediment
Looks good. Looks damn good.

Let's just hope that the monsters get more than 8 minutes of screen time this go around.

wVDtmouV9kM

Zack M
Solid trailer.

playa1258
Amazing trailer. Kong has no chance against any of these monsters right now.

BruceSkywalker
looks really good

carthage
This is going to be a great film
Amazing CGI

tkitna
Finally, a great trailer today.

steverules_2
So glad Godzilla is taking on some classic monsters

Darth Thor
Meh

Needed better than that after how bad the first one was IMO.

BruceSkywalker
I've watched his trailer 5 times already

steverules_2
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Meh

Needed better than that after how bad the first one was IMO.

Was it any worse than the 1998 one?

Arachnid1
Holy fuk, I'm so hyped to see King Ghidorah in 2019

Darth Thor
Was it any worse than the 1998 one?

Urm no. That one was the Batman&Robin of Godzilla films.

BruceSkywalker
this was without any doubt the best trailer WB put out, ALL the rest was SHIT...SHIT and more dogshit

Flyattractor
Looks good. Looks damn good.

Let's just hope that the monsters get more than 8 minutes of screen time this go around.

wVDtmouV9kM

Oh Please dont let this turn out to be another Garth Edwards Phuking Snore Fest!!!

Kazenji
Meh

don't like the tone that they went with for the trailer, Probably still going to see the movie itself.

Inhuman

ares834
"Long live the King." laughing out loud

They hired Dance just so he could deliver that line.

steverules_2
Urm no. That one was the Batman&Robin of Godzilla films.

Yes it was

The animated series we got from it though was pretty good

Flyattractor
Yes it was

The animated series we got from it though was pretty good

This is True.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ares834
"Long live the King." laughing out loud

They hired Dance just so he could deliver that line. Honestly they're gonna have to be more specific anyways lol. Godzilla: King of Monsters? King Ghidorah? King Kong?

playa1258
The way the teased the monsters without completely revealing them was good.

quanchi112
Looks great.

Kong is going to **** him up. Take the crown, Kong.

steverules_2
Not sure he's in this, maybe a post credit scene? They'll save him Godzilla vs Kong

quanchi112
Kong is waiting for him in the sequel. He will grow and beat the beast.

Flyattractor
They need to get rid of the real monster of this series. Gareth Edwards. He is a Horrible Director. He has the amazing ability to make something that should be IMPOSSIBLE to make boring...EXTREMELY BORING!

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Your Winning Personality should be made the model for the Disney Corp. The Mighty Shill Boy!

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Well I just like to WATCH Movies. I don't have to give them anal probings into every detail about them like Some Fans. But Yes. I just investigagted it and found out that Gareth (The Big Snore) Edwards is NOT Directing this movie. SO I have HOPE now that this movie will Actually be FUN To Watch! Unlike Gary's Snooze Fests like G2014 and Rogue 1. God How do you make Big Movies like that SO DULL AND SLOW!?

Gary found a way tho. So yes. Hopefully GKOTM will be a Rocking Good Time Now.

Oh and I would say " You can Go Suck a Cartoon Mouse Dick You Angry Little Shill Boy" but we already know you are surgically attached to that appendage already.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
You first.

quanchi112

Arachnid1
Originally posted by quanchi112
Looks great.

Kong is going to **** him up. Take the crown, Kong. Personally, I'm rooting for Godzilla yet again this time around. The old film ended with Kong winning which I always thought was bullsh*t. No fkn way.

That said, King Ghidorah reigns supreme. He is just on another level from the other Kaiju. IF he's beaten in this movie, it sure as hell wont be in a 1v1 vs any of the other monsters, including Godzilla unless there are outside factors.

Josh_Alexander
Man that movie trailer was ****ED up!! Looking forward for this.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Personally, I'm rooting for Godzilla yet again this time around. The old film ended with Kong winning which I always thought was bullsh*t. No fkn way.

That said, King Ghidorah reigns supreme. He is just on another level from the other Kaiju. IF he's beaten in this movie, it sure as hell wont be in a 1v1 vs any of the other monsters, including Godzilla unless there are outside factors.

I can bet this will be a part 1 of a long fight. Ghidorah looks amazing.

quanchi112

Arachnid1

Arachnid1
double post edited

quanchi112

Patient_Leech
Hm.. I thought the trailer looked like shit. Even in 1080 I couldn't make out shit in those dark-ass visual effects shots.

That was a cool shot of monsters circling Washington, but it definitely doesn't look nearly as fun as Kong Skull Island. Looks too much like Stranger Things now, heh. That girl is a good little actress, but she's not going to increase the fun factor. She's going to create a depression factor.

So is this another reboot of Godzilla because no one liked the last one?

quanchi112

Patient_Leech
Sorry, "THAKOS" laughing out loud

quanchi112

Patient_Leech
quanch...

perpetually #triggered

quanchi112
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
quanch...

perpetually #triggered Complainers, whiners, etc. they disgust me. You sicken me.

juggernaut74
Just saw the trailer and it looks like a solid movie.

I don't know how Kong is going to fit into this or compete with these monsters. I guess he's going to be much bigger than he was in Skull Island and that took place 45 years or so before this movie.

quanchi112

juggernaut74

quanchi112

juggernaut74
My opinion is that Kong and Godzilla will fight, then they will form a team to F#ck sh!t up.

Sh!t is going to be epic if done right.

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggernaut74
My opinion is that Kong and Godzilla will fight, then they will form a team to F#ck sh!t up.

Sh!t is going to be epic if done right. I believe that too but we might have a winner prior to that taking place. My initial thoughts were a fight with each having good moments before teaming up to not alienate either fan base.

playa1258
The Oxygen Destroyer could be a nice opponent in GVK.

juggernaut74
Kong - King of Skull Island
Godzilla - King of Monsters

Isn't it obvious who's going to win?

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Kong - King of Skull Island
Godzilla - King of Monsters

Isn't it obvious who's going to win?

At best it will be a Draw. Or they could leave it ambiguous like in the first movie.

juggernaut74
I'm calling it now, Godzilla will NEVER be allowed to lose against Kong.

Anyways there is some new info about how big the new monsters are in the new movie.

Rodan: 154ft.

Ghidorah: 521ft.

Mothra: 52ft.

Now if Kong was 100ft. tall in Skill Island I'm assuming he's going to be much larger in Kong vs Godzilla. Kong will be larger than Mothra and as big or bigger than Rodan.

steverules_2

juggernaut74
I watched a YouTube video the other day and for some reason I can't find it again but apparently there is a 4 issue comic called Birth of Kong that takes place in 1995 some 20 plus years after Skull Island and the guy doing the video shows a pic of Kongs head compared to a human in the comic and compared it to Kongs head in the movie and there is quite a bit of difference almost twice as big it looked so going by that Kong in 1995 was around 200ft tall. So in two years when Kong vs Godzilla comes out Kong may be almost as big as Godzilla.

playa1258
Both Rodan and Mothra also have wingspans over 800 ft each along with highly destructive abilities.

Ghidorah is basically a flying extinction event.

juggernaut74
Here is the video I was talking about. Kong is going to be a monster by the time we see him next.

https://youtu.be/_3d35IY6XeI

Flyattractor
Oh Please don't let them make this movie into a Snore Fest like 2014...

Darth Thor
^ Oh God that film was boring AF.

Kong was wayyyyy better.

Impediment
I hate to admit it, but the 2014 Godzilla film was kinda boring.

Less than 8 minutes of screen time of the titular character.

I sure do hope that this sequel improves.

Robtard
I watched a YouTube video the other day and for some reason I can't find it again but apparently there is a 4 issue comic called Birth of Kong that takes place in 1995 some 20 plus years after Skull Island and the guy doing the video shows a pic of Kongs head compared to a human in the comic and compared it to Kongs head in the movie and there is quite a bit of difference almost twice as big it looked so going by that Kong in 1995 was around 200ft tall. So in two years when Kong vs Godzilla comes out Kong may be almost as big as Godzilla.

It was basically spelled out for us that Kong was going to be much larger in future films, John C. Reilly's character specifically says Kong's young and "he's still growing".

They might not make him equal size as Godzilla, but he'll be close enough to make a conceivable fight, before they team up for a monster smashing session.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
It was basically spelled out for us that Kong was going to be much larger in future films, John C. Reilly's character specifically says Kong's young and "he's still growing".

They might not make him equal size as Godzilla, but he'll be close enough to make a conceivable fight, before they team up for a monster smashing session.

but will they stop fighting because of Martha

Inhuman

"Mothra"

Robtard

Lolz, there's no way Godzilla Vs Kong will be as shitty as BvS.

Kazenji

Less than 8 minutes of screen time of the titular character.

I sure do hope that this sequel improves.

That's no different to some of the old Toho Godzilla movies.

dynamix
I'm calling it now, Godzilla will NEVER be allowed to lose against Kong.

Anyways there is some new info about how big the new monsters are in the new movie.

Rodan: 154ft.

Ghidorah: 521ft.

Mothra: 52ft.

Now if Kong was 100ft. tall in Skill Island I'm assuming he's going to be much larger in Kong vs Godzilla. Kong will be larger than Mothra and as big or bigger than Rodan.

mothra 52 feet? no way. she looks huge in the trailer.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Lolz, there's no way Godzilla Vs Kong will be as shitty as BvS.

I agree i thnk its goung to be leaps and bounds better than BVS

Originally posted by Inhuman
"Mothra"

eek! evil face

Inhuman
eek! evil face

https://i.imgur.com/fzzvr9F.jpg

Kazenji
Mothra is no pushover, If that's what that meme is saying that Mothra is weak.

Flyattractor
That's no different to some of the old Toho Godzilla movies.

But those old movies weren't over 2 hours long and had a Fraction of the Budget when compared.

G14 was just Artsy Fartsy BullCrap!

Kazenji
Still he was very little in some of those older movies.

Flyattractor
They had their reasonable excuses. Like having little to no money.. New Movies...Nope.

Kazenji
Bring up whatever excuses you want

Still he was seen very little in some of those older movies.

Flyattractor
No Excuses for Poor Writing and Directing.

Darth Thor
Theres no excuse for the lack of Godzilla in a Godzilla film. The fact that we all noticed shows the film was too long and the character story arcs were not interesting enough.

That film was boring AF as a result.

Kazenji
Theres no excuse for the lack of Godzilla in a Godzilla film. The fact that we all noticed shows the film was too long and the character story arcs were not interesting enough.

sounds to me that you haven't watched those older films in a while

Godzilla screentime with the 2014 movie wasn't the problem, It was more to do with what it focused it.

Inhuman
https://i.imgur.com/ghUlROO.png

steverules_2
The reality is Kong giving Godzilla a hand job

Robtard
Godzilla's female, so he's way off his mark there.

steverules_2

Flyattractor
Robbie is just using the Alex Jones Gay Frogs Logic.

Kazenji
Well in the older films Godzilla and all the other monsters are referred to with gender-neutral pronouns equivalent to "it"

the creator's wanted to be more gender neutral basically.

Robtard

steverules_2
Oh that, phuck that was awful

Robtard
I've seen better film on teeth

Kazenji
Godzilla was such a bastard parent in that movie.

Robtard
Tough love isn't a thing in Australia? I thought you people were some of the toughest lot on the planet.

ShadowFyre
The trailer for this is badass and I have extremely high hopes for this movie. Easily most anticipated movie for next year.

playa1258
Yeah it's a great trailer. Screenings have been saying for a while that this film has the best monster action ever.

ShadowFyre
Maybe somebody could help me out with this. I suck at math.

If a 90,000 ton object were to get dropped from say 100,000 feet in the air how much force would it be impacting the earth with?

I know its a weird question but there's a reason for it.

ShadowFyre
King ghidorah

ShadowFyre
Rodan

ShadowFyre
Mothra

ShadowFyre
These are SH Monster arts lineup for King of the Monsters. The official designs revealed.

They stayed true to the classic designs with some updates. I love them. This movie is going to be so bad ass.

I am more hyped for Godzilla than I am for Avengers 4. This movie is gonna be beautiful. Mark my words.

And if anyone wants the plot leak just pm me

playa1258
Great designs and the plot has been leaked for a while now and screenings have been happening.

It's confirmed the movie is very good with the best monster action ever seen in a film.

Flyattractor
Lol at the Plot of a Giant Monster Movie getting Leaked. Like no one could possibly GUESS at what it could be! And seeing as how BORING the last Big G Movie was...Any Action will be a VAST Improvement.

Kazenji
The last Godzilla movie wasn't boring, The one before that sorta was.

Flyattractor
If by "Last Godzilla Movie" you mean Kong: Skull Island... then yes... You would be Correct.

Kazenji
I guess if we're only including the Hollywood movies.

starting to find Gareth Edwards is terrible at character's but he's good at doing action scenes when it happens.

Flyattractor
The ToHo Movies are Always Fun...even when they are crappy!!!!

Kazenji
Yeah..Even Godzilla Resurgence was better then his film.

Flyattractor
Watcing a Sanil Race is more fun then a Gareth Edwards take on a Franchise.

ShadowFyre
I didn't think 2014 was horrible, but it definitely had some problems. King of the Monsters seems to be correcting that mistake. I think this movies gonna be pretty good.

playa1258
Kong corrected those mistakes and KOTM seems like its doing it too.

Darth Thor
The 2014 one was a risk so on a limited budget. Thats why Godzillas Screen time was limited.

That said better character story and development would have helped keep interest in the film. Also was a bad idea to put the limits on Godzilla screen time in our faces, by starting an action scene then purposefully changing scenes. And they did that a few times.

steverules_2
That was annoying

Flyattractor
They could have had MORE Godzilla in the Film if they had cut down on the Boring Human Crap. Giant Monster Movies Do NOT NEED to be Over 2 hours Long!!!!!!!

ShadowFyre
https://youtu.be/B12REtkl2KY

Trailer 2

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>