Zeus (marvel) vs Despero and Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reflassshh
God or team?

tkitna
Zeus

CatL18
Originally posted by tkitna
Zeus
Did Zeus comepete with Hulk?
Off course, I know it is low feat. But Does he have feat to counter them?

Time Immemorial
Team

tkitna
Originally posted by CatL18
Did Zeus comepete with Hulk?
Off course, I know it is low feat. But Does he have feat to counter them?

Compete? Zeus physically beat the crap out of the Hulk. One of the worst ravagings I've ever seen the Hulk take.

As for feats, I don't have all of Zeus's showings, but I put him on the same level as Odin and skyfathers of that ilk. Zeus is to versatile for these guys.

Time Immemorial
Hulk went there to die, not to win..he was not trying.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Hulk went there to die, not to win..he was not trying. Zeus wasnt trying either no expression

DarkSaint85
Team.

Thanos alone was a good fight for Odin, the top sky father. I'd put Zeus below him.

Insane Titan
Team wins.

Hulk wanted to fight Zeus but once he realized he was outclassed he then gave up

tkitna
Hulk went there to die, not to win..he was not trying.

And you feel that would have made a difference?

tkitna
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Team.

Thanos alone was a good fight for Odin, the top sky father. I'd put Zeus below him.

I feel that Odin would have easily destroyed Thanos once the kid gloves came off and he realized he couldn't screw around with him.

In another words, Odin seemed to be gradually building up against Thanos. I believe Odin underestimated him. If Odin came out of the gate wanting to destroy him and using the resources he has, that fight wouldn't have been very long.

Insane Titan
Compete? Zeus physically beat the crap out of the Hulk. One of the worst ravagings I've ever seen the Hulk take.

As for feats, I don't have all of Zeus's showings, but I put him on the same level as Odin and skyfathers of that ilk. Zeus is to versatile for these guys. Zeus is only on Odins lvl by stature, not feats .

What versatility does he really hsve

zom1967
I admit I am not an expert when it comes to Despero,But Thanos has at least a shot at beating Zeus.With even Spiderman helping Thanos Zeus goes down!

tkitna
Originally posted by Insane Titan

Come on man, I know your just kicking the hornets nest here but damn. Zeus is a magical skyfather. There's probably no telling of how many things he can do. My point is, he's got more going for him then just super strength and telepathy like the characters he's fighting here. (Guess you can include Thanos's cosmic blasts, but the point still stands)

tkitna
Originally posted by zom1967
I admit I am not an expert when it comes to Despero,But Thanos has at least a shot at beating Zeus.With even Spiderman helping Thanos Zeus goes down!

Why would you say this? Couldn't be because of the fight Thanos had with Odin in which Odin was never in danger of losing, could it?

quanchi112
Thanos doesn't need any help. Thanos wins.

Insane Titan
Come on man, I know your just kicking the hornets nest here but damn. Zeus is a magical skyfather. There's probably no telling of how many things he can do. My point is, he's got more going for him then just super strength and telepathy like the characters he's fighting here. (Guess you can include Thanos's cosmic blasts, but the point still stands) you haven't named any versatility still what he's actually done on panel.

Lol at your assumption of Thanos only having the powers you named

zopzop
Zeus is only on Odins lvl by stature, not feats .

You know I'm on the fence concerning Zeus.

On paper, he's Odin's peer. In practice, it's a different story.

He has a slew of humiliating showings. The two most egregious were a) being capture by Titans and needing to be saved by Thing and Herc (I thought this story was just a tall tale Thing was telling Franklin, but a forum member posted something from the Handbooks that confirms it really happened on panel), and b) being impaled by a run of the mill spear. There's probably more but it's late and I'm tired.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by zopzop

He has a slew of humiliating showings. The two most egregious were a) being capture by Titans and needing to be saved by Thing and Herc (I thought this story was just a tall tale Thing was telling Franklin, but a forum member posted something from the Handbooks that confirms it really happened on panel), and b) being impaled by a run of the mill spear. There's probably more but it's late and I'm tired. I agree on paper he's Odins equal , but some his showing aren't odin lvl at all.

tkitna
I admit Zeus does have some humiliating showings. *sigh* I wonder why they wrote him like that? You never see Odin being wrote in such a 2nd rate manner. Should we take that as a norm though?

Prof. T.C McAbe
I admit Zeus does have some humiliating showings. *sigh* I wonder why they wrote him like that? You never see Odin being wrote in such a 2nd rate manner. Should we take that as a norm though?

*cough Odin *cough failing to lift *cough Mjolnir...

While everyone and Zeus did it with ease.

DTM
Wasnt Thanos beaten by cops, or was that Darkseid, and Thanos was mugged or something? I guess my point is sure Zeus has one or two extremely low showings, but so does Thanos. Clearly we can discount such putrid events and focus on these characters as they are most often portrayed.

That said, Ill support Zeus to win in the end, but it would be a fight.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DTM
Wasnt Thanos beaten by cops, or was that Darkseid, and Thanos was mugged or something? I guess my point is sure Zeus has one or two extremely low showings, but so does Thanos. Clearly we can discount such putrid events and focus on these characters as they are most often portrayed.

That said, Ill support Zeus to win in the end, but it would be a fight. you're using a non cannon example though, so that's pure fail.

DTM
Well I didnt even know what issue the Thanos handling was, so I cant fully comment on canon or non, just saying every BIG character has showings that make you go WTF, Zeus and Thanos among them.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DTM
Well I didnt even know what issue the Thanos handling was, so I cant fully comment on canon or non, just saying every BIG character has showings that make you go WTF, Zeus and Thanos among them. thing is all Thanos moments have some context to them though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I feel that Odin would have easily destroyed Thanos once the kid gloves came off and he realized he couldn't screw around with him.

In another words, Odin seemed to be gradually building up against Thanos. I believe Odin underestimated him. If Odin came out of the gate wanting to destroy him and using the resources he has, that fight wouldn't have been very long.

that's nice and all that you shared your speculation and conjecture, but I'll go ahead and go with the narration and odin's own words. He was trying and thought Thanos was a worthy foe

KuRuPT Thanosi
IMO the team wins and pretty comfortably. Zuras was able to compete with Zeus, and I think Thanos is every bit as powerful if not more so than Zuras. Despero is just another Trans heavy hitter that tips the scales.

Estacado
Possibly team.

Time Immemorial
Come on man, I know your just kicking the hornets nest here but damn. Zeus is a magical skyfather. There's probably no telling of how many things he can do. My point is, he's got more going for him then just super strength and telepathy like the characters he's fighting here. (Guess you can include Thanos's cosmic blasts, but the point still stands)

You underestimate Thano's devient gene's and his ability to convert energy.

leonidas
purely depends on how you want to view zeus in comparison to odin. despero isn't adding much here imo and would be taken out pretty easily. despite some of his poor showings (odin has some too) i think zeus will prove to be a high level skyfather like odin (in fear itself we saw a brief skirmish) so i'd still take zeus, but it is a tough stance to defend.

Golgo13
Team.

psycho gundam
Hulk went there to die, not to win..he was not trying. Thank you

Team wins.

Hulk wanted to fight Zeus but once he realized he was outclassed he then gave up FUC* you

Sin I AM
Zeus is only on Odins lvl by stature, not feats .

psycho gundam
Originally posted by zopzop

He has a slew of humiliating showings. The two most egregious were a) being capture by Titans and needing to be saved by Thing and Herc (I thought this story was just a tall tale Thing was telling Franklin, but a forum member posted something from the Handbooks that confirms it really happened on panel), and b) being impaled by a run of the mill spear. There's probably more but it's late and I'm tired. This is the reason that Zeus was so pissed at Hulk when the latter went to mount Olympus to sacrifice himself for his team, of course this comic was sourced during Zeus' monologue:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk/u_zps0bfd0224.jpg

Then this happened:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulk/h_zpsb85ab58c.jpg

Insane Titan
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Thank you

FUC* you truth hurts, Jimmy savile.

psycho gundam
Try reading for once in your life

Insane Titan
Try reading for once in your life did read it, just not a bias fanboy like you and all Hulk fans

psycho gundam
So.... you read it and then your brain went against what the simple story was handing to you cause what now?

Is it cause your screen name, avatar and sig are Thanos inspired?

What on Earth are you actually attempting to say?

Insane Titan
So.... you read it and then your brain went against what the simple story was handing to you cause what now?

Is it cause your screen name, avatar and sig are Thanos inspired?

What on Earth are you actually attempting to say? whaa! whaa! typical Hulk fan can't accept that Hulk got destroyed and gave up after he knew he was easily outclassed.

psycho gundam
He went up there to get destroyed. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

I have nothing left to say or argue about here after that, anything farther is just me indulging your masochistic want for abuse on the internet.

Insane Titan
He went there to fight and got humiliated and gave up when knew he couldn't win. Give whatever excuse gives you comfort. And as for abuse etc you started it when you quoted me because you didn't like what I said. You should think before you type kiddo.

quanchi112
Try reading for once in your life He is clearly illiterate. Look at his awful sentence structure.

psycho gundam
Chromosomal structure is probable worse

He can make the battlezone thread if he wants to stand by his idiocy any farther

Insane Titan
I see the little doggie Quan is still yapping because he's wounded.

Don't cry Gundam if you can't except the truth and because you have been called out on the very thing you're acting the victim about.

carver9
@Gundam...

Trust me, he will not battlezone you because he doesn't believe in what he is saying. He Is just trolling.

Insane Titan
Carver shut up , you constantly have avoided a BZ with me.

And it's shown in the comic Hulk wanted to fight and then gave up when he was getting ass raped

DarkSaint85
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/11111/111113173/3924200-02-10-11+01+15.jpg

Insane Titan
Again that is only after he knows he can't win and had gone there to fight

psycho gundam
http://replygif.net/i/1516.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.