Darth Vader, Exar Kun, and Darth Malgus vs. Darth Bane, Darth Krayt, and Wrath II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Which team takes this?

carthage
Team 1 handily.

Bane is an inferior duelist to any of the three, and the power ratio is skewered heavily into team 1's favor as well.

Wrath would lose to any of team 1 as well. Krayt can't carry his team

The Merchant
What-if I switched Vader and Wrath around?

Emperordmb
If you switched Vader and Wrath around, I'd totally side with team two.

carthage
I'm not sure Bane could beat Wrath

Beating Baras is a better feat of skill than anything shown by Bane

Not sure though who'd win, Vader can defeat Kun in a brutal fight, but Malgus and Krayt I'm not sure about. Malgus or Kun would kill Bane without much difficulty via superior power and superior skill

I'd still lean team 1 at least 6/10

WildBantha88
Vader is the top dog here and wrath is the bottom. Bane and Krayt put up a good fight, but in the end, no dice

The Merchant
If you guys had to rank them from strongest to weakest, how would it look?

carthage
1. Darth Vader
2. Exar Kun
3. Darth Malgus/Darth Krayt

Not sure who'd win between Bane and Wrath.

AncientPower
Kun is the most powerful here, Vader is the most dominant here and Malgus is basically Vader with less skill but better Force powers.

Probably team 1 8/10.

Nephthys
Team 2. Krayt can beat Malgus and Vader, both of them have extensive injuries that make them very susceptible to Dark Transfer and both are slower than him and have been tagged by people slower than Krayt. He will get the hand on them and kill them. Bane can beat anyone and Wrath can give anyone a great fight (except maybe Malgus).

Orbalisk Bane rampages if he's here.

AncientPower
Vader has been susceptible to one person's lightning, even Starkiller's only damaged him temporarily so Krayt's Dark Transfer lightning isn't going to be as OP as you imply.

Bane has no feats off nexus that haven't been replicated by any of his opponents, take into account nexus feats and Bane is severely outstretched here.

Ol' Wrathy however is inferior evidently to Malgus and by extension either of Malgus' superior allies.

Nephthys
Dark Transfer isn't lightning, it pours Force into wounds and injuries and makes them shit out damage by dramatically worsening them. Vader is one of the most wounded, scarred people in star wars, he'd be dead instantly.

Yeah but he isn't so I stand by what I said.

I didn't say he wasn't. But he would give a decent fight. Also Malgus is superior to Vader and arguably close to equal to Kun.

AncientPower
Krayt's version is.

But he is, Vader and Kun when applied with nexus feats would semi-stomp him.

No, Vader is considerably more skilled, has greater telekinesis and can take many times the damage. Malgus' only advantages are Force Lightning and Maelstrom.

The_Tempest
This is pretty lopsided in favor of team 1 unless this is Krayt Reborn in which case he's still encumbered by dead weight in the form of Bane and Wrath.

Nephthys
Originally posted by AncientPower
Krayt's version is.

But he is, Vader and Kun when applied with nexus feats would semi-stomp him.

No, Vader is considerably more skilled, has greater telekinesis and can take many times the damage. Malgus' only advantages are Force Lightning and Maelstrom.

All version's resemble lightning. But the technique isn't lightning at all.

Ahahaha, yeah sure thing bro. Remind me, didn't most of Kun's best feats actually take place on nexuses as well? Hmmm.

His telekinesis isn't better than Malgus'. If anything it's worse. Plus he's much shittier at using it effectively against opponents, which is to say he doesn't. And Vader can still get his arm cut off by Tsui Choi and get effed up in general. If Vader needs his durability then that indicates inferiority to Malgus on it's own (you're exaggerating his durability advantage btw). I'd also challenge his supposed vast lead in skill. Like Vader, Malgus has dueled against and defeated some of the premier duelists of his time. And unlike Vader, he isn't hampered by his armor and injuries. Vader isn't beating Malgus in a duel before Malgus overcomes him with lightning.

NewGuy01
Pfft.

Sure. Say, you ever seen... Any one of the on-screen fight Malgus has been featured in?

I'm seeing like one Force push in each.

I wouldn't say so. It's ultimately what changed the tide in his fight with the Maul clone.

On the contrary, Magus won't take him down with lightning at all.

carthage
Originally posted by AncientPower
Kun is the most powerful here, Vader is the most dominant here and Malgus is basically Vader with less skill but better Force powers.

Probably team 1 8/10.

How is he less skilled than Bane? Bane hasn't beaten anyone other than one Sith trainee? Either three of them would stomp him in a duel. He isn't skilled enough to best any of them. Malgus is also vastly more powerful than non nexus Bane

Lmao no. He killed Odan Urr off a darkside paralyzed an entire senate off nexus, killed Vodo off nexus. Bane is the one who is virtually featless off a darkside world.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Pfft.

Sure. Say, you ever seen... Any one of the on-screen fight Malgus has been featured in?

I'm seeing like one Force push in each.

I wouldn't say so. It's ultimately what changed the tide in his fight with the Maul clone.

On the contrary, Magus won't take him down with lightning at all.

Vader is slightly overhyped in TK imo. I confess to having some part in promoting that impression. But I don't feel Vader is better than Malgus in that respect.

He uses the Force very effectively in his other fights. In Swtor, Deceived and the Third Lesson his Force powers are used decisively and well.

That was a contrived and special circumstance. I wouldn't think it adequate to argue the point of it's usefulness in a versus thread. However, I was more talking about how his durability compared to Malgus' is exaggerated. Malgus also tanked Malcolm's assualt cannon (said to match the firepower of an entire squad), a thermal detonator, Satele's Kamehameha and a cliff falling on top of him and was still able to go and stomp 2 Jedi in a fight afterwards. His armor can also turn aside lightsaber blows and isn't as restrictive as Vader's. So I don't see his durability as a large advantage over Malgus.

If he doesn't, it would at least weaken him significantly enough to beat him with other means.

carthage
facepalm

carthage
Malgus has brought down a Wroshyr tree and a massive hut, brought down an entire mining crane/mining unit, hasn't collapsed a cathedral, hasn't crushed massive droids, hasn't destroyed massive ships, blown a hole through durasteel, hasn't brought down a massive tree, hasn't choked out Starkiller/Galen Marek, and crushed a tie fighter mid flight.

Yeah, Vader's TK is overrated thumb up

But I rest my case, any of the three duelists would soundly destroy Bane in a duel and Krayt can't carry either Wrath or Bane

The_Tempest
Vader is an exceptionally powerful telekinetic. Whether or not he's overrated is up to debate, I guess, but he's certainly above lightweights like Nalani Dinn or Darth Nihilus.

carthage
Not getting how he's overrated, he's just that good. Malgus has some great feats, but he isn't more powerful than Vader.

Nephthys
thumb down

Nelani overpowered Lumiya in a duel, who matched Luke in a duel, who beat Caedus in a duel, who killed Nelani in a slaughter, proving that Nelani is > Vader and that powerscaling works 4 ever.

The_Tempest
mmm

Nephthys
Nelani overpowered Lumiya in TK. Has Luke overpowered Lumiya in TK?????????? Nope. Proving that Bane stomps. QED.

NewGuy01
You say this, it sounds reasonable, but the question is why?

Vader has brought down cathedrals, pinned Aurra Sing to the floor casually, crushed TIE fighters, thrown massive platforms, and has sent small armies flying with TK. He's of the highest plane of telekinetics.

What does Malgus have that's superior to any of that?

The same can be said for Vader, though. In some of his portrayals he uses the Force more freely and effectively than others; in some he tends to rely almost exclusively on his dueling prowess.

I'm not so sure it will ever hit him, but even if it does I'm not convinced it will weaken him so significantly; Starkiller's best didn't do him in without external damages to his suit, and a working knowledge of it.

Nephthys
You say this, it sounds reasonable, but the question is why?

Vader has brought down cathedrals, pinned Aurra Sing to the floor casually, crushed TIE fighters, thrown massive platforms, and has sent small armies flying with TK. He's of the highest plane of telekinetics.

What does Malgus have that's superior to any of that?

And Malgus has held up and blown away the rubble of two buildings then gone on to suggest he could easily out-TK the person who dropped them on him, toss around Satele, Zallow, Adraas and Leneer, held a shuttle in place against it's engines for a good while, Force Wave the Imperial Strike team and ragdoll 3 members of the team whilst fighting the 4th. Personally speaking I find most of the TOR Force classes to be very comparable to Vader so any of them getting ragdolled while fighting another is massively impressive. Nothing that you said is above what Malgus is capable of in my opinion.

And Vader is on the second highest plane of telekinetics at best. The highest level is made up of Nihilus, Hord, Sidious, Vitiate, Plagueis, Bane, Luke etc. Pinning Maul and Savage >>> Pinning Sing. Moving a capital ship >>> Moving a platform.

The same can be said for Vader, though. In some of his portrayals he uses the Force more freely and effectively than others; in some he tends to rely almost exclusively on his dueling prowess.

The curse of being overexposed. Vader is possibly more inconsistent than Luke.

I'm not so sure it will ever hit him, but even if it does I'm not convinced it will weaken him so significantly; Starkiller's best didn't do him in without external damages to his suit, and a working knowledge of it.

I don't recall Starkiller hitting him with it outside of when he beat him. If Vader had shrugged SKs lightning at one point, but I don't recall that occurring. And I didn't say do him in, I said weaken enough for him to lose. Malgus' lightning is above Starkiller's imo. It was capable of burning through flesh even after powering through a lightsaber defense, before Malgus' massive upgrade. It should be capable of (approaching at least) disintegration, I would argue.

Angelalex242
Vader is more egrigous then most because even within the OT alone, he uses TK on Bespin, but not at all on Death Star II.

Trocity
Originally posted by The_Tempest
This is pretty lopsided in favor of team 1 unless this is Krayt Reborn in which case he's still encumbered by dead weight in the form of Bane and Wrath.

WildBantha88
Vader is strong enough to toss Shuttles like they were loose pieces of debris, crush tie fighters casually, and clear large hangers. His Tk is not overrated, overall Vader is underated. Vader should be considered with the likes of Plageuis

carthage
Banes telekinetic showings are literally all nexus feats and Hord is featless. Sayin Vader is on a lower tier than them is hilarious

Trocity
How can you justify having Bane mentioned with Luke/Sidious? Even RoT Bane gets destroyed by either one, Bane's best feats don't even compare to Luke's/Sidious'

WildBantha88
Because Bane is powerful. And no his feats aren't all nexus. How about him shattering the bodies of mercenaries while he was in a highly weakened state. Or taking the focal point of a TK strike from Zannah that was strong enough that it carried on to reduce a bystander who was not even close to an unrecognizable mangle of flesh. Or that he was remembered by his fellow sith like he was some sort of deity.

Don't let Carthage's hatred of Bane fool you. He is fantastic

ILS
DC Bane would curb Darth Bane, tbh.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ILS
DC Bane would curb Darth Bane, tbh. I no longer recognize you as a person

ILS
Originally posted by WildBantha88
I no longer recognize you as a person Well, at least we're finally on even terms now.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ILS
Well, at least we're finally on even terms now. soooo we have something in common...does this mean we can be friends? smile smile smile

DarthAnt66
I no longer recognize you as a person
LMFAO

carthage
Because Bane is powerful. And no his feats aren't all nexus. How about him shattering the bodies of mercenaries while he was in a highly weakened state. Or taking the focal point of a TK strike from Zannah that was strong enough that it carried on to reduce a bystander who was not even close to an unrecognizable mangle of flesh. Or that he was remembered by his fellow sith like he was some sort of deity.

Killing guards and mercenaries are inferior showings to all that I listed for Vader, Malgus has superior showings as well. Destroying an entire cathedral/crushin a TOR fighter mid flight>>>>> killing guards. A car accident can mangle human bodies lol, Bane has mediocre TK showings and would get ragdolled by either Malgus or Vader

AncientPower
Originally posted by carthage
How is he less skilled than Bane? Bane hasn't beaten anyone other than one Sith trainee? Either three of them would stomp him in a duel. He isn't skilled enough to best any of them. Malgus is also vastly more powerful than non-nexus Bane

I never said he was less skilled than Bane, I said Vader.

NewGuy01

None of that puts him on Luke's or Sidious's level, though. erm

carthage
As brain damaged as Bantha's posting is, he didn't make the claim that Nexus Armor Bane compares with Luke or Sidious

NewGuy01
His post was in reference to Trocity asking how Bane could be mentioned alongside Luke/Sidious, tho.

carthage
That's Neph tier insanity

Stigma
Team 1 wins solidly.

Bane dies in the very first seconds of the fight.

Stigma
His post was in reference to Trocity asking how Bane could be mentioned alongside Luke/Sidious, tho.
He can, actually.

Sentences like: Luke/Sidious lolstomp Bane or
Bane is sh*t compared to Luke/Sidious, are all correct.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.