ROTJ Luke Skywalker/Savage Opress vs. Asajj Ventress/TPM Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Battle takes place on neutral ground

Angelalex242
If Luke is assumed to be >= Vader, then team 1.
If Luke is assumed to be a half trained idiot, team 2.

The Merchant
Luke can't beat anyone on the Jedi Council and Vader held back. Combined with EU elements how Luke when he was getting rocked by Gethzerion and stated how if Vader was serious he would die, this gives us an idea of Luke's strength. This happened before Dark Empire BTW, so like a year after ROTJ I believe.

Angelalex242
While that argument has been made, there's also a lot of arguments for Luke>=Vader. So...

It all depends on how strong Luke is at this point in his life.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Angelalex242
While that argument has been made, there's also a lot of arguments for Luke>=Vader. So...

It all depends on how strong Luke is at this point in his life.

Depends how much people think the Novelization still holds up. And if people still include Lucas's comments as the highest authority when discussing Legends.

McP
^
I am. And it's the main reason, why I consider Vader as Anakin's shadow as duelist.

So, Vader was a shadow of Anakin as duelist. More then that, he was even holding himself back (intentionally or not). There was still a part of Anakin within him, that didn't want to hurt Luke.

But this moment when Luke is fully enraged and charges at Vader, it was the moment when Luke really overhelmed Vader.

NewGuy01
*Having technical issues

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by McP
^
I am. And it's the main reason, why I consider Vader as Anakin's shadow as duelist.

So, Vader was a shadow of Anakin as duelist. More then that, he was even holding himself back (intentionally or not). There was still a part of Anakin within him, that didn't want to hurt Luke.

But this moment when Luke is fully enraged and charges at Vader, it was the moment when Luke really overhelmed Vader.

Well apparently in the New Disney Canon Vader is going to be portrayed as close to the Emperor in Power. If so the idea of ROTJ Luke being a match for Vader would be even more ludicrous in the new Canon.

But have to wait for the novel "Lords of the Sith" out next year to get more info.

|King Joker|
Team 2.

Angelalex242
No canon wars please. Nobody ends up happy in those.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.