Air Asia flight missing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Air Asia flight QZ 8501 is missing.
The route it was taking was from Surabaya airport to Singapore.

Sources say pilot asked to change route because of weather.

KidRock
Never flying in Southeast Asia. Jesus.

riv6672
Damn.

Stoic
Maybe they were abducted by Aliens. Kidding.... I can only imagine the family members, and how torn up they are over this. I would be a wreck.

vansonbee
So the theories of why the plane is missing are aliens or religion of peace?

Stoic
Originally posted by vansonbee
So the theories of why the plane is missing are aliens or religion of peace?

I don't believe in aliens. I can only guess what most people have been saying. They ran into horrible weather. Since nothing has been heard by anyone from the Pilot, my guess is that the plane took a dive into the ocean. Could anyone still be alive? I really hope so, but you never can tell.

As for religion?
Jesus please help them.

Time Immemorial
You would think people would learn, then again people build the same house year after year after it gets destroyed by floods, hurricanes and tornados.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
You would think people would learn, then again people build the same house year after year after it gets destroyed by floods, hurricanes and tornados.
Learn what?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Learn what?

Quick flying in the south pacific, ur bound to end up missing or dead, or both.

Omega Vision
That's statistically inaccurate. Every day there are hundreds of flights over the region that go without a hitch.

For another thing, while there were two Malaysia Airlines accidents this year (and this one from Air Asia), one of them occurred over Eastern Ukraine and the other happened in the Indian Ocean, not the pacific. There was also another air crash this year, which happened in West Africa. You can't derive from that that it's somehow hazardous to fly over southeast asia anymore than you could say that you're bound to die if you fly period.

I think the most we can get from these incidents is that Malaysia has horrible luck this year and that air traffic control in the region sucks.

AsbestosFlaygon
Probably crashed in the ocean or a mountain.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Omega Vision
That's statistically inaccurate. Every day there are hundreds of flights over the region that go without a hitch.

For another thing, while there were two Malaysia Airlines accidents this year (and this one from Air Asia), one of them occurred over Eastern Ukraine and the other happened in the Indian Ocean, not the pacific. There was also another air crash this year, which happened in West Africa. You can't derive from that that it's somehow hazardous to fly over southeast asia anymore than you could say that you're bound to die if you fly period.

I think the most we can get from these incidents is that Malaysia has horrible luck this year and that air traffic control in the region sucks.

There was more then two from Malaysia and Air Asia, at least 1-2 more went down.

Esau Cairn
Strange statistic an article mentioned was that 23 passengers who booked flights didn't board the plane...

Omega Vision
There was more then two from Malaysia and Air Asia, at least 1-2 more went down.
Even if that's true, it's still a tiny sliver of the pie of all flights over the region, or even of all flights run by those two airlines. Malaysia Airlines are less safe than most airlines, and that's about all you can say.

Robtard
Quick flying in the south pacific, ur bound to end up missing or dead, or both.

If you're going to condemn a certain jet airline due to crashes happening, then you're only left with Qantas Airlines.

(Thank you, Raymond Babbitt)

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
If you're going to condemn a certain jet airline due to crashes happening, then you're only left with Qantas Airlines.

(Thank you, Raymond Babbitt)

Quantas is the bomb.

Omega Vision
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/12/29/despite-high-profile-tragedies-2014-was-the-safest-year-on-record-for-flying/

So apparently 2014 was the safest year on record for flying. I think the reason it seems otherwise is that the few crashes and accidents that happened were so spectacular (one shot down over a warzone, another lost in a storm, and the two in Australasia which just disappeared)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.