Game Battles: Kingdom Hearts vs Final Fantasy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Is the spin-off series funner then it's own original vintage?

Which product of Square Enix is funner between the two.

Round 1: Graphics.

Round 2: Gameplay.

Round 3: Fun Factor.

Round 4: Sales.

Round 5: Critical Acclaim.

Round 6: Story.

Round 7: Origin of Creation.

Round 8: Upcoming Titles.

Which is the better series?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Jmanghan

Round 1: Graphics.

Final Fantasy, judging both by their most recent games, but that's hardly fair. Compared to games that came out at the same time, it's fairly even. I prefer KH's aesthetic during that period for the most part, however (only a few monsters like Anima call that into question).

KH.

Depends on the game. KH has been more fun than the most recent FF games though.

FF has sold over five times as many games, but then it also has more games to its name.

However, both FF X and XII sold more copies than KH I and II, with both being sold on the same console. So FF wins.

Both are pretty acclaimed, but some of the FF games went beyond simply being critically acclaimed and became icons. So FF wins.

Depends on which FF you're talking about.

KH has a better story than XIII, but a worse one than Tactics, for example. I'd also argue VIII's story was better, as was IX's and VII's.

Not sure what this means.

Don't know. They're not out yet. I'm not particularly excited for either.

KH is more consistent, but FF's highs are above KH's, and similarly its lows dip far below KH's. So it depends.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NemeBro
Final Fantasy, judging both by their most recent games, but that's hardly fair. Compared to games that came out at the same time, it's fairly even. I prefer KH's aesthetic during that period for the most part, however (only a few monsters like Anima call that into question).

KH.

Depends on the game. KH has been more fun than the most recent FF games though.

FF has sold over five times as many games, but then it also has more games to its name.

However, both FF X and XII sold more copies than KH I and II, with both being sold on the same console. So FF wins.

Both are pretty acclaimed, but some of the FF games went beyond simply being critically acclaimed and became icons. So FF wins.

Depends on which FF you're talking about.

KH has a better story than XIII, but a worse one than Tactics, for example. I'd also argue VIII's story was better, as was IX's and VII's.

Not sure what this means.

Don't know. They're not out yet. I'm not particularly excited for either.

KH is more consistent, but FF's highs are above KH's, and similarly its lows dip far below KH's. So it depends. Origin of Creation basically means, why the developers decided to create it.

You're telling me that you aren't excited for KH3? The final battle against Xehanort? Fighting alongside Terra, Aqua, and Ven?

NotAllThatEvil
one has Disney and anime the other only has anime. kh just has more per capita.

Jmanghan
I NEED TO KNOW!

Bentley
Pretty much what Nemebro said. Personally I don't like the gameplay in KH, but I agree it's preferable to that of recent FF games.

DQ is the Superior SE RPG series anyways.

Quincy
Yeah dq

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bentley
Pretty much what Nemebro said. Personally I don't like the gameplay in KH, but I agree it's preferable to that of recent FF games.

DQ is the Superior SE RPG series anyways. How come no one knows who Loto is and everyone knows who Cloud is, then? Why isnt it more popular?

Quincy
Because awareness doesn't equate greatness.

Depending on where you are changes what's relevant.

Bentley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.