Superman and Faora vs The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reflassshh
No environmental weakness for faora, because it's stupid.

Who wins?

Placidity
Man of Steel, same as the other thread.

Only Thor and Hulk matter.

Time Immemorial
Avengers die a horrible death.

quanchi112
Hulk solos despite the Butthurt dc fanboy's pain.

Impediment
Kryptonians stomp.

FrothByte
Why do you guys keep making threads like these? Superman alone is powerful enough fir the Avengers.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FrothByte
Why do you guys keep making threads like these? Superman alone is powerful enough fir the Avengers.

thumb up

Robtard
Avengers end up with broken necks

https://24.media.tumblr.com/f8148f5e1dbacd9e5ab7e50c24b4f583/tumblr_mx4kfvYHiQ1sgnkono10_400.gif

Angelalex242
Kryptonians stomp, taking 0 damage except for the one lucky shot Thor gets in with Mjolnir, which still counts as magic damage. Sadly, that then establishes him as a threat, and he gets ripped apart.

Arachnid1
Either Kryptonian solos

Again

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk solos despite the Butthurt dc fanboy's pain.

Too much kool-aid for Christmas, huh?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Placidity
Man of Steel, same as the other thread.

Only Thor and Hulk matter.

IYO who did Thor or Hulk beat even remotely close to Kryptonian levels?

Carver has had trouble understanding this.

FrothByte
Hulk and Thor have better striking feats and power output than the kryptonians. Doesn't mean they can beat them, just that I'm pretty sure they can hurt them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Too much kool-aid for Christmas, huh? Quit bringing your troubles onto the forum, nerd. Hulk solos.

Time Immemorial
Hulk and Thor have better striking feats and power output than the kryptonians. Doesn't mean they can beat them, just that I'm pretty sure they can hurt them.

Which of Thors striking feats in particular? Him against Ironman, Loki and Hulk?

StealthRanger
Superman or Faora solos

quanchi112
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Superman or Faora solos Cannot wait to rub it in after Batman beats that ass.

Placidity
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
IYO who did Thor or Hulk beat even remotely close to Kryptonian levels?

No one.

But Malekith with the Aether is respectable.

David Banner is also very powerful.

StealthRanger
Cannot wait to rub it in after Batman beats that ass.

Love how you count your chickens before they hatch

quanchi112
Love how you count your chickens before they hatch One human taking on Superman. Sad times are in for Superman fans. He's the sidekick in Batman vs. superman as it is already.

StealthRanger
Love how you count your chickens before they hatch

quanchi112
I'll be there on this glorious day when a mere human takes Superman on to rub it the **** in.

laughing out loud

FrothByte
Which of Thors striking feats in particular? Him against Ironman, Loki and Hulk?

Thor's Jotunheim buster or his lightning strike against multiple chitauri. Hulk's leviathan punch. I don't recall any single attack from the kryptonians that could match the damage output of these.

Tattoos N Scars
I'll be there on this glorious day when a mere human takes Superman on to rub it the **** in.

laughing out loud

And I'll be there on that glorious day when Hulk gives Thanos the Loki treatment on screen.

Psychotron
Thor's Jotunheim buster or his lightning strike against multiple chitauri. Hulk's leviathan punch. I don't recall any single attack from the kryptonians that could match the damage output of these.

Every one of Superman and Zod's punches was making shokwaves, their attacks were collapsing skyscrapers, a big chunk of the city was wrecked due to them. In comparison Hulk and Thor couldn't even seriously damage the Helicarrier they were fighting on. Superman also punched Namek with enough force to send him flying for hundreds meters and explode a train composition.

Then there's durability, Hulk was pinned down by Chitauri lasers (the same ones that couldn't even kill Captain America with a clean shot), while Superman was crashing through mountains and tanking locomotives uninjured.

I don't think we have to discuss speed.

Superman and Faora stomp.

Cannot wait to rub it in after Batman beats that ass.

You're gonna be waiting a long time then. Snyder laughed at the idea.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
Every one of Superman and Zod's punches was making shokwaves, their attacks were collapsing skyscrapers, a big chunk of the city was wrecked due to them. In comparison Hulk and Thor couldn't even seriously damage the Helicarrier they were fighting on. Superman also punched Namek with enough force to send him flying for hundreds meters and explode a train composition.

Then there's durability, Hulk was pinned down by Chitauri lasers (the same ones that couldn't even kill Captain America with a clean shot), while Superman was crashing through mountains and tanking locomotives uninjured.

I don't think we have to discuss speed.

Superman and Faora stomp.

You're gonna be waiting a long time then. Snyder laughed at the idea.

Speed, durablity and overall power I think are pretty clearly in the kryptonian's favor.

But simply making shockwaves from punches doesn't compare to Hulk punching a leviathan or Thor decimating a whole landscape. Superman and Zod collapsed buildings but they didn't do so from single hits. They blasted through them repeatedly before the buildings collapsed. Again, that's nothing compared to Thor one-shotting multiple leviathans... leviathans that had no problem smashing through buildings themselves.

My point in saying this is not to argue that the Avengers can win this fight. They can't. I'm merely pointing out that Hulk and Thor can definitely hurt the kryptonians if they're able to land hits.

P.S. - the chitauri lasers that pinned Hulk were not the same ones that Cap was shot with. Everyone knows this.

Robtard
One of Zod's most powerful single-punches was sending Superman flying from ground level all the way up past a skyscraper's roofline

FrothByte
Yeah, they're good at punching each other and sending each other flying. Still doesn't show much destructive capabilities rivaling the leviathan punch and jotuheim buster.

80sBaby
Everyone of Superman and Zod's punches did NOT cause shockwaves. In fact, only one punch did. The biggest shockwave was when they flew/lept at each other and collided. But that had momentum behind it.

Thor showed greater striking power when he hit Malekeith in London and the shockwave blew out windows several yards away.

Robtard
Yeah, they're good at punching each other and sending each other flying. Still doesn't show much destructive capabilities rivaling the leviathan punch and jotuheim buster.

Not long after that Zod punch I mentioned, Kal and Zod punch each other and the shockwave alone is strong enough to shatter and tear down a very large portion off the side of a skyscraper. Not hard to imagine that either Kryptonian could one-shot a leviathan ship same as Hulk.

Robtard
Originally posted by 80sBaby
Everyone of Superman and Zod's punches did NOT cause shockwaves. In fact, only one punch did. The biggest shockwave was when they flew/lept at each other and collided. But that had momentum behind it.

Thor showed greater striking power when he hit Malekeith in London and the shockwave blew out windows several yards away.

Psychotron might have been a little overzealous in his claim, but just about every single punch exchanged that connected in that final battle created a visible shockwave. The none shockwaves ones are when Zod hits Kal with the I-beam and the up close face punches when they're reentering Earth's atmosphere.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Not long after that Zod punch I mentioned, Kal and Zod punch each other and the shockwave alone is strong enough to shatter and tear down a very large portion off the side of a skyscraper. Not hard to imagine that either Kryptonian could one-shot a leviathan ship same as Hulk.

Let me make myself clear. I am not belittling the punching strength of Superman or Zod or any kryptonian. All I'm saying is that none of them have striking feats that compare to what Hulk and especially Thor did... at least in terms of destructive force.

Shattering glass and cracking concrete with shockwaves is impressive but not quite as impressive as taking down acres of iced land. And as was previously mentioned, the shockwave Thor produce when he struck Malekith was even more destructive.

All I'm saying is that Hulk and especially Thor are very capable of hurting Kryptonians.

80sBaby
Psychotron might have been a little overzealous in his claim, but just about every single punch exchanged that connected in that final battle created a visible shockwave. The none shockwaves ones are when Zod hits Kal with the I-beam and the up close face punches when they're reentering Earth's atmosphere.

Yeah, I think you're remembering it incorrectly. I watched this movie a couple of days ago and there was actually only one shockwave from punches. It's right when Superman dodges the tanker. Any other shockwaves were due to collisions not just punches.

But as to the fight, I think it's close but I can see the Avengers taking a slim majority. Ironman is actually the wildcard. His weaponry is may be capable of distracting the kryptonians, if not outright damaging the armor. He can't put them down, of course, but a good dhot at the right moment can make a difference.

Tattoos N Scars
Hulk had trouble landing hits on Thor. He couldn't land a hit on Blonsky until Blonsky allowed himself to be kicked.

Supes and Faora are much faster than either one of those guys. Hulk gets KO'd or BFR'd quickly, leaving Thor alone with two Kryptonians. Since Thor had trouble putting away Iron Man, I don't like his chances.

Psychotron

Not every one, but the ones that connected usually did. Small shockwaves, not like the big ones like when they collided.

Speed, durablity and overall power I think are pretty clearly in the kryptonian's favor.

But simply making shockwaves from punches doesn't compare to Hulk punching a leviathan or Thor decimating a whole landscape. Superman and Zod collapsed buildings but they didn't do so from single hits. They blasted through them repeatedly before the buildings collapsed. Again, that's nothing compared to Thor one-shotting multiple leviathans... leviathans that had no problem smashing through buildings themselves.

My point in saying this is not to argue that the Avengers can win this fight. They can't. I'm merely pointing out that Hulk and Thor can definitely hurt the kryptonians if they're able to land hits.

P.S. - the chitauri lasers that pinned Hulk were not the same ones that Cap was shot with. Everyone knows this.

Well, maybe, but I still think Superman's strength feats are better. Overpowering the gravity beam that was flattening skyscrapers, while weakened, and overpowering the singularity are better than Hulk's Leviathan feat IMO or Thor's Icebuster. Heck, the singularity feat might as well be pulled straight from a comic, it's really cheesy.

Eh, I don't remember the details about the lasers, I only saw the movie once.

FrothByte

Well, maybe, but I still think Superman's strength feats are better. Overpowering the gravity beam that was flattening skyscrapers, while weakened, and overpowering the singularity are better than Hulk's Leviathan feat IMO or Thor's Icebuster. Heck, the singularity feat might as well be pulled straight from a comic, it's really cheesy.

Eh, I don't remember the details about the lasers, I only saw the movie once.

As I said previously, I agree that the kryptonians are overall more powerful/stronger. That's where Superman's gravity beam feat comes in.

Robtard
Yeah, I think you're remembering it incorrectly. I watched this movie a couple of days ago and there was actually only one shockwave from punches. It's right when Superman dodges the tanker. Any other shockwaves were due to collisions not just punches.

But as to the fight, I think it's close but I can see the Avengers taking a slim majority. Ironman is actually the wildcard. His weaponry is may be capable of distracting the kryptonians, if not outright damaging the armor. He can't put them down, of course, but a good dhot at the right moment can make a difference.

I don't think I am.

rWyTY6T_h90

From 00:59 to 01:06 alone there are five visible shockwaves created from punches.

Even when Zod misses a 01:08 due to Kal ducking, the speed of Zod's punch still creates a visible wave

80sBaby
I don't think I am.

rWyTY6T_h90

From 00:59 to 01:06 alone there are five visible shockwaves created from punches.

Even when Zod misses a 01:08 due to Kal ducking, the speed of Zod's punch still creates a visible wave

Apologies, I stand corrected. I honestly didn't even see those until looking on my phone. Although my point about Thor's having better striking feats still stands.

Psychotron
I don't think I am.

rWyTY6T_h90

Yes, this is what I was talking about. Compare that to Thor vs. Hulk, it looks far more brutal.

Time Immemorial
Yes, this is what I was talking about. Compare that to Thor vs. Hulk, it looks far more brutal.

Thor vs Hulk looked like Dolls playing honestly. That fight was horrid.

Psychotron
Thor vs Hulk looked like Dolls playing honestly. That fight was horrid.

Yeah, there was one good hit in the entire fight when Thor nailed a charging Hulk with Mjolnir. Everything else was pretty dull, and the fight was too short. Zod vs. Superman looked like a titanic battle.

relentless1
Superman solos, the Avengers aren't in the same league power wise as the Kryptonians

FrothByte

Have to agree with you on this one. The fights in Avengers were good, better than most cbms, but they lacked the... oomph... of the fights in MOS. Lacked the impact. There are things I dislike about MOS, but the action scenes were not one of them.

That said, I'd say the fights between Cap and Winter Soldier were even more brutal.

meep-meep
Kryptonians with out much difficulty. Honestly just one of them could solo.

Time Immemorial
As we know Krptonians go for the neck snap.

Thor would be the first casualty.

FrothByte
Thor snaps necks like a boss compared to Superman. Just saying...

Placidity
Whose neck did Thor snap?

Time Immemorial

Some unnamed cannon fodder trying to flee the prison. laughing

Remember anything Thor does is astronomically stronger based on him being Thor.

FrothByte
Didn't say he was stronger. Just that he does it better... without the whining.

Time Immemorial

Snapping a unnamed prisoners neck is doing it better? Cmon now. How was that such a epic neck snap in your eyes?

Oh wait you were trolling, nvm.

meep-meep

His own. Like those models do to taunt impressionable females with their hair. Pantene Pro-V yo.

StealthRanger
Some unnamed cannon fodder trying to flee the prison. laughing

Remember anything Thor does is astronomically stronger based on him being Thor.

100% like a boss compared to Supes, ofc

Time Immemorial

Lol funny, since it was Thor's whining got him banished in the first place.

BWmlWA_jb7w

Based
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Either Kryptonian solos

Again

Psychotron
Have to agree with you on this one. The fights in Avengers were good, better than most cbms, but they lacked the... oomph... of the fights in MOS. Lacked the impact. There are things I dislike about MOS, but the action scenes were not one of them.

That said, I'd say the fights between Cap and Winter Soldier were even more brutal.

Cap 2 relied on more martial arts and less on CGI. But Snyder is just better at this than Joss Whedon.

TheVaultDweller
Kryptonians win again

FrothByte
Lol funny, since it was Thor's whining got him banished in the first place.

BWmlWA_jb7w

You're taking my comment way too seriously.

Time Immemorial
100% like a boss compared to Supes, ofc

laughing out loud

You're taking my comment way too seriously.

Possibly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.