ROTJ Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angelalex242
It's coming up frequently, lately.

Are we considering Luke to be >= Vader?
Or are we considering Luke to be a half trained idiot?

The vs. threads may need to make a distinction between Novel ROTJ Luke and Disney ROTJ Luke.

Selenial
ROTJ Luke < Vader

NewGuy01
Neither. And the RotJ novel is part of Disney canon, so I'm not sure what the distinction is.

carthage
He is his equivalent as a duelist not as a force user, without plot convenience Vader kills him with TK

Angelalex242
The Plot Armor is strong with this one.

ILS
I have a theory that DARTHPOWER has the families of LucasFilms' story team tied up in his basement at gunpoint until Filoni and Lucas have released sufficient creator statements to nerf/boost the characters of his preference. So on those grounds Luke is Vader's equal as a duelist.

|King Joker|
LOL

DarthAnt66
LMFAO

DARTH POWER
Yes, very funny ILS. But the really funny thing is Luke IS one of my preferred characters.

However just like there's no shame in an Obi-Wan fan admitting TPM Kenobi < TPM Maul, similarly there's no shame in a Luke fan calling ROTJ Luke < ROTJ Vader.

Luke simply hadn't had enough training at that point to be >/= Vader. But bring up Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy Luke or Dark Empire Luke and it's a completely different story.

Lucas Post-Prequels has simply revamped the extent of ROTJ Luke's abilities given the amount of training Prequel era Jedi had.

He's half trained by ROTJ according to Lucas, but a Half-Trained Luke is still >/= a Fully Trained Obi-Wan for example. And the speed Luke progressed at to even be "Half Trained" by ROTJ is still Astonishing.

Also Angelalex242 what's with the Half Trained "idiot." Luke is not an idiot, not even with Zero training.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.