Kryptonians try to terraform Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Instead of Earth, Zod and his minions arrive on Asgard instead and try to terraform it. Let's assume that the atmosphere in Asgard also gives the Kryptonians the same powers as Earth's atmosphere. Zod gets all the abilities he displayed in the movie, all other kryptonians still wear their helms and are limited to super strength, speed and durability. No Kal-el.

Can Zod and his minions terraform Asgard?

Lestov16
Yes.

Impediment
Yep.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lestov16
Yes.

Originally posted by Impediment
Yep.

NOPE big grin

Robtard
Why would Zod want to terraform Asgard? It's a total dump and about the size of Connecticut

Reflassshh
Yes.

Time Immemorial
Lol Asgard fell to a bunch of Dark Elves..and this time Loki didn't even help.

FrothByte
Well, let's say it's not a sneak attack like the elves did. Asgard has as much time to know about the incoming attack as Earth did in MOS.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well, let's say it's not a sneak attack like the elves did. Asgard has as much time to know about the incoming attack as Earth did in MOS.

If Thor was as powerful as people made him out to be he would have taken them ships down.

MoS just flew threw them like a hot knife through butter.

Psychotron
Kryptonians stomp. Asgard got worked by some homo elves with laser guns.

TheVaultDweller
Kryptonians are successful.

StealthRanger
Something that got owned by Dark Eldar-lites (massive empasis on the "lite" thing) vs massively hypersonic beings who bust skyscrapers with their attacks

I wonder.....

Werewolf582
Does Asgard have prep?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Werewolf582
Does Asgard have prep?

They have as much prep as the people of Earth had with the Kryptonians. The Asgardians see the kyrptonian ship arriving much like the people of Earth did.

wallman77
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
If Thor was as powerful as people made him out to be he would have taken them ships down.

MoS just flew threw them like a hot knife through butter.

Are you implying he couldnt have taken em down? because Heimdal took one down with a few daggers. Im not saying Asgard wins this fight. Just that its silly if you think thor couldnt fly through them easily.

jinXed by JaNx
Is THor and Zues in this fight?

TheGrat1
I don't think the World Engine and Black Zero would survive an Asgardian assault, what with the laser cannons and Thor flying around.

That being said, Faora and friends could easily kill every single Asgardian.

juggerman
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Is THor and Zues in this fight?

I think you mean Odin

FrothByte
Yes thor and odin are in the fight.

Genesis-Soldier
just looking at MOS and the dark world im pretty sure Faora and her lacky are the same if not stronger then thor in both fighting ability, damage soak, strength and what not.

the only possible advantage thor has is if he places mjolnir on zode like he did loki but even then i see the asgardians getting wooped

Shabazz916
No there is no yellow sun there and they get slaughter by magic

Psychotron
There's no magic in Asgard, it's super-science. Kryptonians STOMP.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by juggerman
I think you mean Odin

Yeah, that's what i meant laughing out loud

It's hard to say how this scenario transpires without knowing how effective Mjolnir is against Kryptonians. We also don't know exactly what, Odin is capable of. Mjolnir should be more than enough to easily dispatch any and all of the world engines, but being enough to drop a Kryptonian for the count...,i'm skeptical to say.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron

Says who? Jane Foster? Phil Coulson? No one ever confirms that there is no magic in Asgard. That's just a theory.

juggerman
Says who? Jane Foster? Phil Coulson? No one ever confirms that there is no magic in Asgard. That's just a theory.

Thor said something to the effect. Tho he didn't outright say "There's no magic"

Time Immemorial

Thor confirmed it..

juggerman
Thor said magic and science are on in the same

TH3_V01D
Kryptonians stomp. Asgard got worked by some homo elves with laser guns.

LOL, that was was funny.

Kryptonians stomps, because marvel studios did a horrible job with the asgardians, the weakest Kryptonian is Nam Ek, and he was a faster version of Kurse, put the other Kryptonians and this is a rape.

And his daddy said they are not gods.

Marvel Studios really dropped the ball with the Thor franchise

Psychotron

Well since science can't be magic, but super-advanced science can appear to be magic to primitive cultures it's pretty clear what Thor meant. Also, Odin said they're not gods, which is kind of funny because that's the opposite of what comic Odin would say.

juggerman
Well since science can't be magic, but super-advanced science can appear to be magic to primitive cultures it's pretty clear what Thor meant. Also, Odin said they're not gods, which is kind of funny because that's the opposite of what comic Odin would say.

Science can't be magic here, it can be there

KuRuPT Thanosi

No magic is Asgard LOL...

Kryptonians get curb stomped with utter ease by a gesture from Odin.

Silent Master
Given the actual definition of science, why can't magic be considered science?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/science

: knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation

: a particular area of scientific study (such as biology, physics, or chemistry) : a particular branch of science

: a subject that is formally studied in a college, university, etc.

ares834
Science explains the natural world, magic is the supernatural. They are pretty much opposites TBH.

FrothByte

To be fair, just because Thor considers what earthlings call "magic" to be just "science" to Asgardians doesn't mean that Asgardians don't consider other stuff magic.

Like I said, no Asgardian ever said that there was no magic or that they didn't use magic. The only thing he said was that what humans considered magic, they considered science.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

Odin was helpless to a bunch of weak elves. What is he gonna do to the kryptonians a more powerful and more advanced race then elves...lmao

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
Science explains the natural world, magic is the supernatural. They are pretty much opposites TBH.

Not according to the definition of science, what you are basically saying is forget what the word actually means, as it doesn't say what I want it to.

ares834
Originally posted by Silent Master
Not according to the definition of science, what you are basically saying is forget what the word actually means, as it doesn't say what I want it to.

Funny. Because I used the exact wording from your definition.

Silent Master
Funny. Because I used the exact wording from your definition.

No, you picked one part of a single definition, the other two don't mention anything about natural world or supernatural.

Tell me, what part of the following to definitions excludes the supernatural?

: a particular area of scientific study (such as biology, physics, or chemistry) : a particular branch of science

ares834
Well it meets neither of those two requirement so....

Heck, the definition of supernatural is that it can't be explained by science.

Silent Master
Well it meets neither of those two requirement so....

Heck, the definition of supernatural is that it can't be explained by science.

So you're arguing that magic doesn't fit either of those, Ok, Let's test that theory.

In Harry Potter magical kids go to school for 7 years and study magic.

That was easy.

BTW, as to the claim that the definition of supernatural being that it cannot be explained by science.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/supernatural

Here are two definitions that don't mention that at all

1: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe; especially : of or relating to God or a god, demigod, spirit, or devil
2a : departing from what is usual or normal especially so as to appear to transcend the laws of nature b : attributed to an invisible agent (as a ghost or spirit)

ares834
Hogwarts exist? Wow, learn something new everyday...

Plus stuff like Relegion can be taught at a school and that certainly isn't a science. So that definition alone isn't enough.

Silent Master
LOL!!!!! at the definition of the word not being enough to define what a word means.

ares834
So you're claiming religion is a science? Yeah...

Anyway, no respectable college or university formally trains people how to use magic so it's a moot point.

Silent Master
They do in fiction and since we are arguing about fictional universes. you're wrong.

ares834
We're arguing about the MCU not HP, so nope.

Plus, say whatever you want, but it takes more than being taught in school to be a science. Religion isn't a science, languages aren't sciences, etc...

Silent Master
We're arguing about the MCU not HP, so nope.

Plus, say whatever you want, but it takes more than being taught in school to be a science. Religion isn't a science, languages aren't sciences, etc...

Ok, then prove that magic can't be science in the MCU.

Psychotron
Science can't be magic here, it can be there

It's a moot point because Thor and Odin flatly refute that claim. Asgardians are 3rd rate Kryptonians in the MCU.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

Orly? Feats for Odin please, because all I remeber is him being unable to save his city, his wife, and even his own life.

Inhuman
Well how infinity gems/stones work in the MCU can't be all technology can they?

Psychotron
Originally posted by Inhuman
Well how infinity gems/stones work in the MCU can't be all technology can they?

All I've seen the gems do so far is release destructive power, no fine magic stuff like soul manipulation. And the argument is that Asgardians aren't magic, not that there is no magic in the MCU.

Also, all of this is irrelevant because Superman hasn't shown any vulnerability to magic at this point. We can't be sure he even has one.

ares834
Originally posted by Silent Master
Ok, then prove that magic can't be science in the MCU.

Prove a negative?

FrothByte
It's a moot point because Thor and Odin flatly refute that claim. Asgardians are 3rd rate Kryptonians in the MCU.

Orly? Feats for Odin please, because all I remeber is him being unable to save his city, his wife, and even his own life.

Thor and Odin did not refute that claim.

Inhuman
All I've seen the gems do so far is release destructive power, no fine magic stuff like soul manipulation. And the argument is that Asgardians aren't magic, not that there is no magic in the MCU.

Wrong.

They have shown to mind control, open portals, alter reality, augment strength, shoot energy beams, and in the upcoming movies time manipulation, perhaps granting super powers (the twins), and maybe crazy stuff with the soul gem with Adam warlock or strange.

Also As guardians are not on the top of the food chain in the MCU. Even Odin knew very little of the gems. We already seen celestials in gotg. The top of the food chain beings in the MCU could have more info on what is tech and magic. Also we will see once the Dr. Strange movie comes out

Psychotron

Except when Thor said what we call magic they call science. And when Odin said they're not gods.

Originally posted by Inhuman
Wrong.

They have shown to mind control, open portals, alter reality, augment strength, shoot energy beams, and in the upcoming movies time manipulation, perhaps granting super powers (the twins), and maybe crazy stuff with the soul gem with Adam warlock or strange.

A lot of that shit could be sci-fi in origin, not necessarily magic. And it has nothing to do with Asgardians.

Silent Master

True.

juggerman
Here's the quote:

As you can see Thor says they are one and the same. Magic AND Science

ares834
That's not exactly what he is saying. Rather he is saying what the norse called magic and what modern humans call science are actually the same thing.

juggerman
That's not exactly what he is saying. Rather he is saying what the norse called magic and what modern humans call science are actually the same thing.

That doesn't make sense. If it was just science there is no need to point out that modern humans call it that. It would have just been "what they called magic was just science"

ares834
Notice I never said he (Thor) called it science.

Robtard
Thor was saying that modern humans would call what Asgardians can do as "science", while our rube ancestors called in magic, due to a lack of understanding

Thor's saying there is no distinction between magic and science in Asgard. He's also the stereotypical dumb blonde, so who even knows if he knows what he's talking about

Of note, there's little of what the Asgardians do/create that couldn't be explained away by someone like Michio Kaku on an episode of Visions of The Future. eg Bifrost Bridge/instant space-time travel = a device that folds space-time so two points momentarily become as one and you pass through

FrothByte
Except when Thor said what we call magic they call science. And when Odin said they're not gods.

What Thor said was that what ancient men called magic and what modern men called science are too them (Asgardians) one and the same. Never has Thor or any Asgardians say that they don't have magic.

Odin said they weren't gods... that doesn't mean they can't do magic.

Odin himself was able to remove Thor's powers at a whim, put an incantation on Mjolnir that automatically gives Thor back his powers. Loki is able to change his appearance and create illusions. There was that Asgardian woman in AoS that can mindphuck men.

There is multiple evidence that Asgardians use both science and magic.

Psychotron
What Thor said was that what ancient men called magic and what modern men called science are too them (Asgardians) one and the same. Never has Thor or any Asgardians say that they don't have magic.

Odin said they weren't gods... that doesn't mean they can't do magic.

Odin himself was able to remove Thor's powers at a whim, put an incantation on Mjolnir that automatically gives Thor back his powers. Loki is able to change his appearance and create illusions. There was that Asgardian woman in AoS that can mindphuck men.

There is multiple evidence that Asgardians use both science and magic.

The point Thor was making is that their advanced science looked like magic to primitive humans, no need to spin this into some retarded magic science shit.

Marvel had him say that to show the viewer that they just very advanced beings, not magic gods.

A lot of that is explainable by comic science rather than magic.

Again, how does any of this matter? MoS has not shown a vulnerability to magic.

Time Immemorial
Froth has gone ultimate marvel fanboy in all threads.

Spawningpool
Kryptonians stomp....

FrothByte
The point Thor was making is that their advanced science looked like magic to primitive humans, no need to spin this into some retarded magic science shit.

Marvel had him say that to show the viewer that they just very advanced beings, not magic gods.

A lot of that is explainable by comic science rather than magic.

Again, how does any of this matter? MoS has not shown a vulnerability to magic.

I'm just interpreting what he said like it is. You're the ones trying to put a different spin on it. No one has ever said there is no magic in Asgard, just that what we consider magic is simply science to them.

But I agree that all this is moot since kryptonians havent been shown to be susceptible to magic.

FrothByte
Froth has gone ultimate marvel fanboy in all threads.

Yeah? Give me examples of me going all "Marvel Fanboy". Just because I have a different opinion from yours and can properly argue for it doesn't make one a fanboy. Resorting to namecalling will not make you look more credible... it just makes you look childish.

Time Immemorial
Yeah? Give me examples of me going all "Marvel Fanboy". Just because I have a different opinion from yours and can properly argue for it doesn't make one a fanboy. Resorting to namecalling will not make you look more credible... it just makes you look childish.

Over exaggerating all feats..

FrothByte
Over exaggerating all feats..

Just because someone debates against you doesn't make one a fanboy. I could just as easily claim you to be a MOS fanboy.

Besides, show me instances where I over exagerate feats.

Time Immemorial
Just because someone debates against you doesn't make one a fanboy. I could just as easily claim you to be a MOS fanboy.

Besides, show me instances where I over exagerate feats.

First off how does Asgard stop the threat?

Second, I don't over exaggerate MoS feats.

FrothByte
First off how does Asgard stop the threat?

Second, I don't over exaggerate MoS feats.

I never said Asgard stops the threat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.