Borderlands Characters Vs Every Monsters from Resident Evil Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EmptyHearted
The characters from borderlands series Vs Every Monsters from Resident Evil. any monster from Games and movies.

http://i58.tinypic.com/n33lw8.jpg

Impediment
Borderlands gets f*cking annihilated.

EVERY single Resident Evil antagonist/mutation/monster/zombie/Bio-weapon/etc from the ENTIRE series against eight people?

Yeah, no.

KingD19
Well it's 14 if you count the Pre-Sequel and Tales from the Borderlands. Give them some hacked guns.

Kazenji
Borderlands wins with all their crazy guns & abilities.

Wei Phoenix
All zombie mobs get mowed down by turrets and Nisha. The monsters were always weak to rpgs and the team should have plenty of trying them.

pym-ftw
BL guns honestly suck, 99.9999....% can't kill an unarmored beastie with a full mag.

In all seriousness, Wesker infects the team with the T virus, and then takes them apart.

Wei Phoenix
Wesker isn't touching a Siren.

EmptyHearted
Originally posted by Kazenji
Borderlands wins with all their crazy guns & abilities.

me too

I mean my gosh. I believe cheacters have a great chance with their OP powers an skills

EmptyHearted
Originally posted by Impediment
Borderlands gets f*cking annihilated.

EVERY single Resident Evil antagonist/mutation/monster/zombie/Bio-weapon/etc from the ENTIRE series against eight people?

Yeah, no.

But BOSS. You must seen how powerful and skills the characters from Borderlands is

I mean you cant say they get annihilated.

EmptyHearted
by the way I forgot to mention

the monster within RE you may not have them all at the same time while facing character from Main character from BL

NemeBro
Brick can punch a world-destroying Eldritch Abomination to death with his bare hands.

He solos.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Wesker isn't touching a Siren. why? Fodder dub humans can kill them

Borderwank is strong, but has no way to deal with an airborne virus.

NemeBro
Are you referring to the Airborne virus that Chris and generic brown guy killed by shooting at it a bunch of times and electrocuting it in RE6?

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro
Brick can punch a world-destroying Eldritch Abomination to death with his bare hands.

He solos.

Is this a reference to an actual moment in the game or a game mechanic? I forget, and shit.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by pym-ftw
why? Fodder dub humans can kill them

Borderwank is strong, but has no way to deal with an airborne virus.

Except that Claptrap is a robot, Zer0 is possibly a robot but either way has a helmet that should block it, and Nisha, Wilhelm and Athena all have Oz kits that breathe for them so they wouldn't have to breathe in the airborne virus. I'm only including vault hunters in this battle though. You also have Krieg, Jack Clone and Gaige.

EmptyHearted
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Is this a reference to an actual moment in the game or a game mechanic? I forget, and shit.

I like you Sacred big grin

Sacred 117
Originally posted by EmptyHearted
I like you Sacred big grin

Thanks... but why?

Kazenji
BL guns honestly suck, 99.9999....% can't kill an unarmored beastie with a full mag.

Actually a BL can do it with a full mag, You're obviously aiming in the wrong spot.

EmptyHearted
Thanks... but why?
I think you cool smile

pym-ftw
Are you referring to the Airborne virus that Chris and generic brown guy killed by shooting at it a bunch of times and electrocuting it in RE6? ...are you talking about the bees? I'm not sure why you think the airborne viruses are only in RE6 which Wesker isn't in.

OZ tanks are worthless, they are limited in time they are active.

ArtificialGlory
Resident Evil's only hope is one of its viruses. Everybody else gets taken out with little trouble.

pym-ftw
How? What actual feats do BL characters have?

ArtificialGlory
How? What actual feats do BL characters have?

Superhuman abilities, futuristic weaponry that puts anything in RE to shame, personal shields, and a history of defeating huge, world-threatening alien baddies.

pym-ftw
Re monsters tank rockets to the face laughing, nope it's just a fancy paint job on standard munitions and Gyro munitions are slower than standard bullets. BL shields are shredded by native wildlife lickers would shred them, & BoW have destroyed countries with actual air and Naval support.

Wei Phoenix
I remember playing RE5 and every boss outside of Wesker gets oneshotted by rpgs.

You're arguing gameplay mechanics set to give difficulty to the game.

Vault Hunters have destroyed world destroyers like The Warrior.

ArtificialGlory
Re monsters tank rockets to the face laughing, nope it's just a fancy paint job on standard munitions and Gyro munitions are slower than standard bullets. BL shields are shredded by native wildlife lickers would shred them, & BoW have destroyed countries with actual air and Naval support.

No, they don't. The overwhelming majority of RE monsters are one-shot by a simple RPG.

Fancy paint job? Is the part where the guns electrocute, freeze, set fire to, slag, instantly melt down people, animals and even robots to green goop and fire several explosive rounds on full-auto also a paint job? Cause I bet the people in RE would kill for such a paint-job.

It's hard to say just how sturdy the shields are in BL, but Wei Phoenix has made a pretty good point about gameplay mechanics. If you go to a low level area with a high-level shield, the native wildlife(some of which puts most B.O.W.s to shame) will take quite a long time to shred your shield.

Which B.O.W.s have destroyed entire countries by themselves? Viruses don't count.

Wei Phoenix
The op says monsters, nothing about airborne viruses. The closest thing to that would be the gas emitting one in RE6 that I can think of and those things get murdered. Nisha with her skill would one shot headshot every zombie, Plazas and basic Manjini

pym-ftw
Wesker has the viruses on his person... They are here
Clone Ada has a Virus Grenade...
Literally getting bit will transfer the virus

Are you guys calling chainsaw Charlies bosses? And when did warrior destroy a planet, he didn't even destroy the area you fight him in, maximum wank/hyperbole.

...we as in the real world have fire, corrosive, shock & freezing weaponry... So yeah full auto wankage

If we reverse your scenario and put lvl 30 Vault hunters in lvl 51 area's they get insta killed, lol at arguing I'm exploiting game mechanics.

No one in BL has shown either the Speed or Durability to fight Wesker, arguably he solos

Wei Phoenix
Wesker has the viruses on his person... They are here
Clone Ada has a Virus Grenade...
Literally getting bit will transfer the virus

Are you guys calling chainsaw Charlies bosses? And when did warrior destroy a planet, he didn't even destroy the area you fight him in, maximum wank/hyperbole.

...we as in the real world have fire, corrosive, shock & freezing weaponry... So yeah full auto wankage

If we reverse your scenario and put lvl 30 Vault hunters in lvl 51 area's they get insta killed, lol at arguing I'm exploiting game mechanics.

No one in BL has shown either the Speed or Durability to fight Wesker, arguably he solos

Do you mean the virus that Wesker uses to keep himself stable?

Carla is a clone, not a monster, but sure add her, she still dies and that gas isn't going to spread across the world from a little grenade.

None of the vault hunters are getting bit.

Chainsaw guys are minibosses.

The Warrior didn't destroy a planet, but he was going to destroy the world if not checked, not blow up the planet. Everything on that planet would've been destroyed, all life if The Warrior wasn't checked.

You were the first one to argue game mechanics by saying that random wildlife can take down their shields.

I haven't seen any real life guns that shoots out corrosive bullets, bullets that can freeze someone or bullets that can electrocute someone.

Wesker, literally can not touch Lilith. She enters the phase and there is nothing he can do, he can not see her, he can not touch her.

KingD19

Wesker, literally can not touch Lilith. She enters the phase and there is nothing he can do, he can not see her, he can not touch her.

What he can do is long for some sweet, sweet, Siren lovin'. cool

pym-ftw
Per cut scenes the shield Roland was wearing wasn't able to stop jacks gun, Wesker has an Op magnum... Do you see where I'm going with this.

The warrior is a non point, Terramorphous would kill him with ease.

Wesker is so much faster than the vault hunters he makes the surveyors seem slow, good luck hitting him with E-tech.

Wei Phoenix
Per cut scenes the shield Roland was wearing wasn't able to stop jacks gun, Wesker has an Op magnum... Do you see where I'm going with this.

Wesker is so much faster than the vault hunters he makes the surveyors seem slow, good luck hitting him with E-tech.

Yes, Roland did die to Jack. Wesker in RE5 only carries his pistol though in the story mode, no magnum. Every time he attacks it's from his pistol, I can't recall a single fight or scene where he has a magnum. In the MP modes he has it though

So the Vault Hunters has killed a being stronger than The Warrior, good to know that they killed something else greater than Wesker.

Still have to prove that he's faster than Lilith. What is his answer to Lilith? IIRC Lilith teleported an entire city into orbit.

pym-ftw
So you agree it's on him?

Terramorphous is post game so it's questionable if canon

The context your leaving out/lying about is rediculous... First she was massively amped on eridium, secondly it wasn't orbit it was a couple hundred feat, thirdly the city had hover abilities.

Wesker is so fast he can stand around smiling after bullets are fired and grab RPGs out of the air.

NemeBro
Pym's a known idiot. Ignore him.

Brick solos. thumb up

Wei Phoenix
So you agree it's on him?

Terramorphous is post game so it's questionable if canon

The context your leaving out/lying about is rediculous... First she was massively amped on eridium, secondly it wasn't orbit it was a couple hundred feat, thirdly the city had hover abilities.

Wesker is so fast he can stand around smiling after bullets are fired and grab RPGs out of the air.

If Terramorphus is questionably canon then the magnum is questionably canon since it's only on him in MP modes and nowhere else.

You're probably right, I don't remember the exact distance that it traveled so it probably stayed in the planet's orbit. She has been jacked up on Eridium since BL2 and she's stronger, and more aggressive and volatile because of it. Why wouldn't she be on Eridium in this fight.

Wesker is fast, and he does dodge bullets but can you show me a cutscene of him dodging automatic fire from multiple directions? If he catches an RPG then why can't they shoot him or Phaselock him?

You still haven't told me what is his answer to Lilith's Phasewalk or how he counters Phaselock?

Sacred 117
Lol@ "a couple hundred feet". She moved it to a completely different region.

ArtificialGlory

Good observation, but that was right after a big fight with elite Hyperion forces. Roland's shield could have been depleted or damaged. At any rate, no one would bother with shields if they couldn't even stop a single shot from a handgun. Something was clearly amiss.

How is the Warrior a non-point? Even if Terramorphous is canon, it does not mean it's more powerful than the Warrior. Size isn't everything.

Wesker does indeed seem to be faster than the Vault Hunters(except perhaps for Lilith), but that's about the only advantage he's got. Even then, time and time again it was shown that Wesker is not infallible even when fighting baseline humans; he would be quickly overwhelmed.

NemeBro
To be fair, Chris at least has superhuman strength.

ArtificialGlory
To be fair, Chris at least has superhuman strength.

Do you mean the rock-punching scene?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Do you mean the rock-punching scene?

Rock punching, he smashes the heads of manjini who are wearing steel/bullet proof helmets with his stomps. His punches send Manjini flying.

ArtificialGlory
Rock punching, he smashes the heads of manjini who are wearing steel/bullet proof helmets with his stomps. His punches send Manjini flying.

Can't Sheva do that as well(except the rock-punching)? Seems to me a bit like a gameplay thing.

NemeBro
Do you mean the rock-punching scene? Yep, he sure punched the shit out of that boulder.

Wei Phoenix
Can't Sheva do that as well(except the rock-punching)? Seems to me a bit like a gameplay thing.

I thought so at first too but I do her head stab and it kills them but the head doesn't smash and melt like Chris's stomp.

ArtificialGlory
I thought so at first too but I do her head stab and it kills them but the head doesn't smash and melt like Chris's stomp.

I also remember Leon, Claire, Jill, and some other characters exploding or kicking off zombie heads.

NemeBro
Yep, and a lot of them are superhuman too. Chris is portrayed as the physically strongest, however.

ArtificialGlory
Yep, and a lot of them are superhuman too. Chris is portrayed as the physically strongest, however.

Leon and Claire didn't exactly give me superhuman vibes, especially not back in RE2. Either way, the series has suffered from some power creep and it indeed seems that most characters have became superhuman, but only just.

NemeBro
I'd agree. They're not on par with Brick, whose fists can crack a planet in half, judging by the way he manfought the Destroyer.

pym-ftw
When did Brick crack a planet? I haven't played BL1 but it sounds like nonsense predicated on lying/bs

NemeBro
It's easy. The Destroyer would have destroyed the world if it left the Vault. Brick's fist put it right back in that Vault. Brick would have had to exceed the Destroyer's force with his fist to have done so. Ergo, Brick can destroy a planet with his fists.

Simple physics.

ArtificialGlory
Ahem, I'm sure if Brick really was that awesome he wouldn't have had his ass handed to him by Wilhelm and then by Athena.

NemeBro
Powerscaling places them at multi-planet busting.

pym-ftw
Glad to know it's just BS.

The sheer number of Lickers alone drop this team.

Wei Phoenix

A number hasn't been defined but they die to Phaselock, can't touch Lilith, Nisha would solo an army of zombies and generic monsters. Turrets, turrets, deathtraps. You still haven't answered how Wesker touches Lilith. If Chris and Sheva can take on Lickers, then I'm sure a dual revolver wielding cowgirl with insane accuracy can down them all and keep the carnage coming.

ArtificialGlory

Just because Brick doesn't have Hulk-like strength doesn't mean he couldn't punch a Licker into a bloody mist. Lickers are not a threat.

ArtificialGlory
A number hasn't been defined but they die to Phaselock, can't touch Lilith, Nisha would solo an army of zombies and generic monsters. Turrets, turrets, deathtraps. You still haven't answered how Wesker touches Lilith. If Chris and Sheva can take on Lickers, then I'm sure a dual revolver wielding cowgirl with insane accuracy can down them all and keep the carnage coming.

Nisha is from the Pre-Sequel. I am not sure if this thread allows for Pre-Sequel characters, but if it does, then RE is well and truly ****ed. Wilhelm alone is a force of nature that could blow away anything and anyone RE can possibly throw at him.

pym-ftw
A number hasn't been defined but they die to Phaselock, can't touch Lilith, Nisha would solo an army of zombies and generic monsters. Turrets, turrets, deathtraps. You still haven't answered how Wesker touches Lilith. If Chris and Sheva can take on Lickers, then I'm sure a dual revolver wielding cowgirl with insane accuracy can down them all and keep the carnage coming. her time limit? Duh

Chris and Sheeva fought like 3 at a time, there are hundreds of Lickers alone and they are bullet sponges.

I haven't even brought up the Giant B.O.W which would be also able to crush the team.

This is literally billions vs 14.

Wei Phoenix
her time limit? Duh

Chris and Sheeva fought like 3 at a time, there are hundreds of Lickers alone and they are bullet sponges.

I haven't even brought up the Giant B.O.W which would be also able to crush the team.

This is literally billions vs 14.

What time limit? She followed Jack's Vault Hunters the whole time while in the phase when they were assaulting the alien's base.

Chris and Sheva fought more than three at a time. They die to cryo and RPGs pretty easily.

Which Giant B.O.W.?

pym-ftw
What's the longest time shown sustained in phase lock?

RE5 only has Lickers in groups of three, there are more overall but they don't get overwhelmed like this thread. BL has limited ammo and only a few characters are able to use Cryo ammo.

You don't know there are Giant BOW? Makes your stance make more sense... RE5 had a BOW the size of an Oil platform you also have 2 story tall trolls that are effectively bulletproof. There are plenty more.

ArtificialGlory

RE5 only has Lickers in groups of three, there are more overall but they don't get overwhelmed like this thread. BL has limited ammo and only a few characters are able to use Cryo ammo.

You don't know there are Giant BOW? Makes your stance make more sense... RE5 had a BOW the size of an Oil platform you also have 2 story tall trolls that are effectively bulletproof. There are plenty more.

It's difficult to determine the exact time it took Jack's mercenaries to reach the bottom of the Eridian base, but several hours is a decent estimate.

No, it doesn't. I distinctly remember fighting like a dozen Lickers all at once in the abandoned Umbrella lab. They can suck up a fair bit of ammo, but go down instantly to grenades. The Vault Hunters have guns that fire grenades on full auto. Lickers would be fodder.

Size isn't everything. The Vault Hunters have taken on all sort of huge baddies and avoided being crushed just fine. Bulletproof to what? Small arms fire from contemporary weapons. Any half-decent BL gun would shred these guys with ease. I mean, Kraggons(sp?) have skin made out of rock and they go down just like the rest of them.

Wei Phoenix

AG already answered that

5 people so far are able to use Cryo, Nisha is the only one that they need. AG also said that you get more than three on multiple occasions.

Did you miss the part where I said which one? Do you mean the Spider, El Gigante, The one from 6, Excella? Doesn't really matter because I think you're talking about Excella who was indeed not bullet proof, she also wasn't RPG proof.

pym-ftw
It's difficult to determine the exact time it took Jack's mercenaries to reach the bottom of the Eridian base, but several hours is a decent estimate.

No, it doesn't. I distinctly remember fighting like a dozen Lickers all at once in the abandoned Umbrella lab. They can suck up a fair bit of ammo, but go down instantly to grenades. The Vault Hunters have guns that fire grenades on full auto. Lickers would be fodder.

Size isn't everything. The Vault Hunters have taken on all sort of huge baddies and avoided being crushed just fine. Bulletproof to what? Small arms fire from contemporary weapons. Any half-decent BL gun would shred these guys with ease. I mean, Kraggons(sp?) have skin made out of rock and they go down just like the rest of them. Was she shown the entire time?

In re5? You have a Tricell area but again they come in rounds of 3 except during an optional fight at the elevator which has like 5-7 but in standard game you aren't taking them. Maybe on easy a grenade kills them but the same can be said for vault hunters on higher difficulties.

The BL guns are conventional weapons... I pointed this out already. So yes the trolls who tank anti airplane turrets like needle pricks. The explosive weapons in BL<grenades.

Sacred 117
The explosive weapons in BL<grenades.

haermm

pym-ftw
How many grenades have you thrown?

ArtificialGlory
Was she shown the entire time?

In re5? You have a Tricell area but again they come in rounds of 3 except during an optional fight at the elevator which has like 5-7 but in standard game you aren't taking them. Maybe on easy a grenade kills them but the same can be said for vault hunters on higher difficulties.

The BL guns are conventional weapons... I pointed this out already. So yes the trolls who tank anti airplane turrets like needle pricks. The explosive weapons in BL<grenades.

No, considering the fact that she was invisible.

Yea, the part where they break out of their cells. There's definitely no less than 10 of them. I was playing the game on one of the higher difficulties. I think it was called Veteran. Maybe, but a grenade in BL is not the same as a grenade in RE.

Yeah, most of them are conventional weapons, but they're conventional in the BL universe and by its standards. Most of them put modern-day weapons(that is, the guns used in RE) to shame. What makes you say that explosive weapons in BL are somehow inferior to modern-day grenades?

Wei Phoenix
They have shotguns that can shoot rockets.

KingD19
And grenades that turn into singularities and explode acid and electricity and slag...and I'm pretty sure other grenades.

pym-ftw
No, considering the fact that she was invisible.

Yea, the part where they break out of their cells. There's definitely no less than 10 of them. I was playing the game on one of the higher difficulties. I think it was called Veteran. Maybe, but a grenade in BL is not the same as a grenade in RE.

Yeah, most of them are conventional weapons, but they're conventional in the BL universe and by its standards. Most of them put modern-day weapons(that is, the guns used in RE) to shame. What makes you say that explosive weapons in BL are somehow inferior to modern-day grenades? So she could have teleported in like she does?

A real Grenade makes people into mist, the Unkemp Harold which is arguably the best gun in the game is not even knocking the limbs off people.

Unless your kiting lickers from spawn point to spawn point you only ever meat them in groups of two except in the ruins where they spawn a group of 3 but you can/supposed to run past them though.

KingD19
So how come all those people survive grenades? They do incredible damage, but it's not like grenades routinely turn people into red mist.

pym-ftw
??? Irl? You don't survive a grenade going off next to you

Wei Phoenix
So she could have teleported in like she does?

A real Grenade makes people into mist, the Unkemp Harold which is arguably the best gun in the game is not even knocking the limbs off people.

Unless your kiting lickers from spawn point to spawn point you only ever meat them in groups of two except in the ruins where they spawn a group of 3 but you can/supposed to run past them though.

Yes, she did Phasewalk in there, that's how she was able to follow them without anyone outside of the aliens knowing of her presence.

I don't think a real grenade turns people into mist, if I'm not mistaken then the shrapnel shouldn't just destroy an entire person's body.

You're trying to make a point that the guns are weak because they don't share the same amount of gore and maiming as Gears of War? In your opinion, who is physically stronger, Akuma/Gouki or Scorpion?

Wei Phoenix

Usually you don't, but a body can usually be retrieved.

KingD19

IRL people survive grenades going off pressed against their stomach.

Lek Kuen

Grenade damage in borderlands gameplay is weaker than storyline wise, same for all the guns. Everyone can take multiple shots during gameplay due to rpg elements and shit. But in storyline people die in one shot often. so looking at how things work within the engine doesn't work.

ArtificialGlory

It's a possibility, but it's stated in the game that she was following them while in her phase-thing.

Unless you swallow one, it doesn't. Yeah, because the game's engine doesn't allow for gibbing.

I don't remember kiting them. I was standing in this corridor, heard some glass break and in came a whole gaggle of Lickers.

pym-ftw
So no proof she can stay in it for prolonged times?

Lol what? I've physically seen the after effects of grenades on people, there are Gibbing in the engine so please don't lie

Ok

Sacred 117

How about the proof Wei asked for, regarding what Wesker (or anyone) plans to do about that?

Don't demand it and not provide it.

ArtificialGlory

Lol what? I've physically seen the after effects of grenades on people, there are Gibbing in the engine so please don't lie

Ok

It's not 100% conclusive proof, but it's pretty good proof nonetheless.

If you have, then you know that a grenade doesn't turn a person into red mist. There's gibbing? Can you show me an example?

Wei Phoenix

Ok

Lilith isn't a teleporter. She didn't just teleport in there, if she did the Jack would've noticed her. At the end you see her appearing out of thin air aka the phase and punching Jack. There is nothing to suggest that she teleported. When she phasewalks she goes invisible to human eyes and appears wherever she chooses to move towards. It looks like teleportation but she is actually moving. She moves faster when she phasewalks.

pym-ftw
How about the proof Wei asked for, regarding what Wesker (or anyone) plans to do about that?

Don't demand it and not provide it. honestly if you can't see my line of questioning leading toward a point your dumb

pym-ftw
It's not 100% conclusive proof, but it's pretty good proof nonetheless.

If you have, then you know that a grenade doesn't turn a person into red mist. There's gibbing? Can you show me an example? the robots can be gibbed & the Goliath can have his helm removed

Wei Phoenix
the robots can be gibbed & the Goliath can have his helm removed

So you're saying that the humans in the game are more durable than the robots that they fight?

pym-ftw
So you're saying that the humans in the game are more durable than the robots that they fight? by the fact they are? Yes

Are you not?

Sacred 117
honestly if you can't see my line of questioning leading toward a point your dumb

You're*

Not so dumb I can't answer a simple question instead of dodging it for lacking an answer, kinda like you've been doing.

I'm also not cherry picking game mechanics from Borderlands for the sake of downplaying it ("Wildlife can level their shields"wink while upscaling Resident Evil with it's own ("RE monsters tank RPGs"wink.

pym-ftw
Because if she can't remain intangible permanently it's a nonpoint...

I guess you are to busy being a grammar nazi to think that through, its ok

RE monsters tank things in cutscenes aswell, BL is only gameplay mechanics but don't let the truth get in the way of your biased diatribe.

pym-ftw
So? Do we all agree now that BL can't solo a billion+ monsters coming at them at once?

Sacred 117
Because if she can't remain intangible permanently it's a nonpoint...

I guess you are to busy being a grammar nazi to think that through, its ok

RE monsters tank things in cutscenes aswell, BL is only gameplay mechanics but don't let the truth get in the way of your biased diatribe.

Why would she have to? It's not like Wesker can live permanently.

That's right. Keep ducking by introducing irrelevancies.

You mean like the RPG that dealt with Wesker in RE5? (Even if he survived/regenerated/whatever, he still got f**king dealt with.)

Sacred 117
So? Do we all agree now that BL can't solo a billion+ monsters coming at them at once?

Who said that was the case?

by the way I forgot to mention

the monster within RE you may not have them all at the same time while facing character from Main character from BL

pym-ftw
Why would she have to? It's not like Wesker can live permanently.

That's right. Keep ducking by introducing irrelevancies.

You mean like the RPG that dealt with Wesker in RE5? (Even if he survived/regenerated/whatever, he still got f**king dealt with.) so you are dumb.

Wesker can "live" long enough for her to pass out from exhaustion

Dumbness =\= me dodging.

You mean the 2 RPGs after a plane crash into a Volcano that he was hinted at surviving? Dumbass.

pym-ftw
Who said that was the case? so your not arguing the actual thread of BL protagonists vs Every Monster in the RE universe. Makes sense.

ArtificialGlory
the robots can be gibbed & the Goliath can have his helm removed

I'm not sure if Goliaths' helmet even strictly counts as gibbing. Good point on the robots, but they're not human enemies. BL just doesn't have gibbing of human characters(unless you count Goliath's helmet). When I think of proper gibbing, I think of a game like Dead Island.

And since when does RE have a billion+ plus BOWs running around? Even then, the bulk of RE's forces would be near-useless zombies.

Sacred 117
This thread can be answered by the simple fact that a few paramilitary personnel (albeit slightly superhuman) have done what these decisively superior supermercenaries are being tasked with doing. Nevermind that fact that the latter have dealt with massively more threatening monstrosities than what they're presented with here.

Sacred 117
so you are dumb.

No. thumb up

Or he can get assblasted into oblivion while he waits on her, which he'll be doing while suspended in Phaselock. thumb up

That's cute. You think you're making a point. (Pro tip: Points are more effective when they make sense.)

Something I already said. Meanwhile, here you are asking for "proof" while depending on "hints".

Survival or not, it still proves he's been put away by less than what his opponents are packing.

Wei Phoenix
Please provide proof of Lilith's time limit of phaswalking. There is no definite number if there is one at all. How is he going to live long enough? Is Wesker going to just run around in hopes that she is nowhere near him at the time? He won't know that she's coming.

Kazenji
Please provide proof of Lilith's time limit of phaswalking. There is no definite number if there is one at all. How is he going to live long enough? Is Wesker going to just run around in hopes that she is nowhere near him at the time? He won't know that she's coming.

ArtificialGlory
That was back in Borderlands 1, before her powers increased + it's a game mechanic.

pym-ftw
Proof her powers increased?Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I'm not sure if Goliaths' helmet even strictly counts as gibbing. Good point on the robots, but they're not human enemies. BL just doesn't have gibbing of human characters(unless you count Goliath's helmet). When I think of proper gibbing, I think of a game like Dead Island.

And since when does RE have a billion+ plus BOWs running around? Even then, the bulk of RE's forces would be near-useless zombies. entire countries have fallen and the remaining nations formed the BSAA to fight them, it's thousands if not millions of people working in just the Military branch, not "a handful"
Even "fodder" Re4-6 "zombies" are really superhuman with legit superpowers that spawn on damage. Some mutations are immune to conventional rounds.

@Sacred

My point is Wesker can shoot Lilith once she breaks phaselock which no one has even gotten close to proving she can hold cloak more than a few minutes.

Sacred 117
@Sacred

My point is Wesker can shoot Lilith once she breaks phaselock which no one has even gotten close to proving she can hold cloak more than a few minutes.

Lilith doesn't Phaselock, Maya does, and Phasewalking (what Lilith does) isn't simply cloaking, but rather intangibility. She's basically in another dimension, where he can't sense or affect her in any way. Even less so if he's immobilized by Maya. Keep in mind, this is just two of them, and this is before factoring all of their wild-ass gear of imaginatively variable capability.

ArtificialGlory
Proof her powers increased? entire countries have fallen and the remaining nations formed the BSAA to fight them, it's thousands if not millions of people working in just the Military branch, not "a handful"
Even "fodder" Re4-6 "zombies" are really superhuman with legit superpowers that spawn on damage. Some mutations are immune to conventional rounds.

@Sacred

She says in one of the ECHO recordings in BL2 that after the Vault opened she has become more powerful, especially when using Eridium.

Maybe I missed something, but I can only recall cities, districts and some regions falling to the bio-terrorist attacks. My RE lore is a bit rusty, but I'm fairly certain that the BSAA was formed soon after and as a response to the Raccoon City incident(and Umbrella's general dickery), not because whole countries were infected. I also do not remember any statements about BSAA's manpower, so a source on that would be nice.

Those kind of zombies are so badly outmatched that none of their mutations would make a difference.

When Lilith breaks her Phase, it would be with something like an explosive or a corrosive round in the back of Wesker's head.

pym-ftw
She says in one of the ECHO recordings in BL2 that after the Vault opened she has become more powerful, especially when using Eridium.

Maybe I missed something, but I can only recall cities, districts and some regions falling to the bio-terrorist attacks. My RE lore is a bit rusty, but I'm fairly certain that the BSAA was formed soon after and as a response to the Raccoon City incident(and Umbrella's general dickery), not because whole countries were infected. I also do not remember any statements about BSAA's manpower, so a source on that would be nice.

Those kind of zombies are so badly outmatched that none of their mutations would make a difference.

When Lilith breaks her Phase, it would be with something like an explosive or a corrosive round in the back of Wesker's head. she needs Eridium Shards to amp up and they leave her worthless after a couple minutes or unless she is amped again. Also it's not standard gear for her so it's a non factor.

The BSAA is a UN funded paramilitary unit with atleast 8 different headquarters around the world.

Most of the civilized world in RE has fallen to either a) the monsters or B) black market warlords who buy BOW in order to rule their countries. Hell the U.S. president died in RE6

Wei Phoenix
We told you that she tracked them in an alien base while phasewalking and that she didn't exit until they destroyed the final boss and Jack saw the visions. That is way longer than a few minutes. You have to prove that she can't go longer or has a set limit. The time it took to track them is way more than enough time to phasewalk, get behind Wesker and cap him in the back of the head, especially if he's Phaselocked, he's getting sniped.

The only time Lilith needed Eridium was after expending so much power to kill all of those bandits that swarmed her hideout.

So let's go back to you saying that the Vault Hunters are more durable than the robots.

The robots are armored, they eat bullets for breakfast and are only weak to corrosive weaponry.

So if the VH's are more durable than that, what makes you think that a single shot from Wesker's pistol is going to do anything to them?

EmptyHearted
guys if normal people can take on the monster within RE

then I fail to see how BL Characters can be the same

some BL has some OP

Wei Phoenix
Are you allowing Pre Sequel vault hunters?

pym-ftw
We told you that she tracked them in an alien base while phasewalking and that she didn't exit until they destroyed the final boss and Jack saw the visions. That is way longer than a few minutes. You have to prove that she can't go longer or has a set limit. The time it took to track them is way more than enough time to phasewalk, get behind Wesker and cap him in the back of the head, especially if he's Phaselocked, he's getting sniped.

The only time Lilith needed Eridium was after expending so much power to kill all of those bandits that swarmed her hideout.

So let's go back to you saying that the Vault Hunters are more durable than the robots.

The robots are armored, they eat bullets for breakfast and are only weak to corrosive weaponry.

So if the VH's are more durable than that, what makes you think that a single shot from Wesker's pistol is going to do anything to them? I've literally gone over it like 5 times now, if we can't confirm she was, the burden of proving she wasn't isn't on me.

She also needed Eridium to teleport the pc after that part and again when she ported the city and it can be assumed she needed it for more as Roland was collecting it for her.

It can be explained that the bullets in the BL universe are weaker than real bullets, like if they lack hard metals which also explains why the robots suck so much.

pym-ftw
guys if normal people can take on the monster within RE

then I fail to see how BL Characters can be the same

some BL has some OP First and foremost the RE protagonists aren't "normal" by any means. They are all low level superhumans

Secondly only the BSAA based games are you really fighting the monsters, the other games you just try and escape to survive. Thirdly the BSAA based games you have massive support in everything from Intel to air support.

ArtificialGlory
she needs Eridium Shards to amp up and they leave her worthless after a couple minutes or unless she is amped again. Also it's not standard gear for her so it's a non factor.

The BSAA is a UN funded paramilitary unit with atleast 8 different headquarters around the world.

Most of the civilized world in RE has fallen to either a) the monsters or B) black market warlords who buy BOW in order to rule their countries. Hell the U.S. president died in RE6

She's even more powerful with Eridium, but she doesn't necessarily need it. She needs it if she wants to continuously spam her Siren abilities or for performing crazy feats like teleporting a whole city. I'd argue that it's more or less standard gear for her since she always seems to have some lying around.

Fair enough, but just because the BSAA has 8 HQs doesn't mean it has millions working for it.

Most of the civilized world? I really don't remember that. I can only remember isolated attacks against cities, towns, etc. Yeah, but the president died in a surprise bio-terrorist attack on a campus and its surrounding town. It's not like the terrorists successfully attacked the White House or something.

Wei Phoenix
I've literally gone over it like 5 times now, if we can't confirm she was, the burden of proving she wasn't isn't on me.

She also needed Eridium to teleport the pc after that part and again when she ported the city and it can be assumed she needed it for more as Roland was collecting it for her.

It can be explained that the bullets in the BL universe are weaker than real bullets, like if they lack hard metals which also explains why the robots suck so much.

But we have proved that she was phasewalking. Jack couldn't track or see her. Only the aliens were aware of her presence. She physically moves around when she enters the phase. She exits the phase and punches Jack. Her exiting the phase is proof enough that she Phasewalked.

So we can assume that but not that Lilith phasewalked?

Please prove how BL metals are inferior to real life metals?

ArtificialGlory
Really, I don't get why would he say that bullets/metals in BL are somehow "soft" or inferior when even basic bullets are effective against Kraggons, who have skin made out of rock.

pym-ftw
She's even more powerful with Eridium, but she doesn't necessarily need it. She needs it if she wants to continuously spam her Siren abilities or for performing crazy feats like teleporting a whole city. I'd argue that it's more or less standard gear for her since she always seems to have some lying around.

Fair enough, but just because the BSAA has 8 HQs doesn't mean it has millions working for it.

Most of the civilized world? I really don't remember that. I can only remember isolated attacks against cities, towns, etc. Yeah, but the president died in a surprise bio-terrorist attack on a campus and its surrounding town. It's not like the terrorists successfully attacked the White House or something. its not on her person though... Thus not standard gear

I said thousands if not millions but W/E

The attacks we have first hand (actually play) have shown that most of Eastern Europe, parts of Africa, Rural France, Japan,Hong Kong, multiple cities in the US and we are told multiple Arab and Asain countries have been attacked with most of the world living under martial law minus Western Europe and the U.S.

We also know that we have seen characters from many other nationalities and all have seen some form of attack so yeah I'd say it's global at this pointOriginally posted by Wei Phoenix
But we have proved that she was phasewalking. Jack couldn't track or see her. Only the aliens were aware of her presence. She physically moves around when she enters the phase. She exits the phase and punches Jack. Her exiting the phase is proof enough that she Phasewalked.

Please prove how BL metals are inferior to real life metals? 6th time; I Agree That she CAN Phasewalk BUT it's not PROVEN she can hold it long enough to outlast this hoard. Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

Please prove how BL metals are inferior to real life metals? Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Really, I don't get why would he say that bullets/metals in BL are somehow "soft" or inferior when even basic bullets are effective against Kraggons, who have skin made out of rock. they do more damage to Robots than Humans visually, if you can disprove this go ahead.

Sacred 117
They don't have to "disprove" anything. Again, you're demanding proof for one thing, but making baseless assumptions for another because you find it more convenient. That's not how this works. Proving the sudden notion that BL arms and armor are somehow Nerf quality ("made of lesser material"wink is your burden.

ArtificialGlory
its not on her person though... Thus not standard gear

I said thousands if not millions but W/E

The attacks we have first hand (actually play) have shown that most of Eastern Europe, parts of Africa, Rural France, Japan,Hong Kong, multiple cities in the US and we are told multiple Arab and Asain countries have been attacked with most of the world living under martial law minus Western Europe and the U.S.

We also know that we have seen characters from many other nationalities and all have seen some form of attack so yeah I'd say it's global at this point 6th time; I Agree That she CAN Phasewalk BUT it's not PROVEN she can hold it long enough to outlast this hoard. they do more damage to Robots than Humans visually, if you can disprove this go ahead.

Either way, we don't really have a number.

Most of Eastern Europe? You mean that one country that was undergoing a civil war which saw *some* use of BOWs? You mean Kijuju? Again, that wasn't even a country, but a region in some unnamed West African country. None of those are entire countries, but regions, towns, or cities.

Yes, bio-terrorism is a global threat, but so far the terrorists have not demonstrated the ability to take down a whole country. Lilith doesn't even have to outlast anyone in her Phasewalk, she only has to Phasewqalk long enough to take out high threats while avoiding damage.

Now this just reeks of shitpicking. A human enemy in BL can take an RPG to the face and not take any visible damage: limbs intact, no scorch marks, etc. Guns also don't leave bullet holes in enemies. The only thing this proves is that human enemies don't gib.

pym-ftw
If by region you mean vaguely Russia to Vaugely Germany

So your answer is the game is dumb and your right regardless of proof? Ok Originally posted by Sacred 117
They don't have to "disprove" anything. Again, you're demanding proof for one thing, but making baseless assumptions for another because you find it more convenient. That's not how this works. Proving the sudden notion that BL arms and armor are somehow Nerf quality ("made of lesser material"wink is your burden. i proposed evidence, they haven't thus they MUST retort or concede.

Dumbass.

ArtificialGlory
If by region you mean vaguely Russia to Vaugely Germany

So your answer is the game is dumb and your right regardless of proof? Ok i proposed evidence, they haven't thus they MUST retort or concede.

Dumbass.

Do you mean Edonia, the fictional country in Eastern Europe we visit in RE6? Cause that's not "vaguely Russia to vaguely Germany". Your average Eastern European country isn't even remotely that large. Not to mention, the country was enveloped in a generic civil war until one side decided to start using BOWs, then the BSAA got involved. It wasn't a country-wide Bio Hazard.

It's not that the game is dumb, it's that it obviously has some limitations. I guess the other option would be that BL weapons kill via magic, because they don't leave bullet entry wounds and a direct hit from a rocket inflicts zero visible injury to a person.

pym-ftw
You realize RE6 goes from where ever Wesker JR. is in (vaugely Russia) to Chris's (Vaugely German) and it took a plane for Jake to get across the mountains.

They have blood splatter, and concussive force can kill.

Sacred 117
i proposed evidence, they haven't thus they MUST retort or concede.

Dumbass.

Hey, genius... Yoohoo! Over here!

I'm the guy you're ironically accusing of being dumb, here to point out to you, my would-be accuser, how it's logically inaccurate to make a claim and demand it be disproven rather than validly proving it yourself.

Example: "We can simply ASSUME that BL has Super Soaker quality armaments, unless you can prove otherwise."

This fallacy is specifically referred to as (Shifting the) Burden of Proof. In other words, "I need not prove my claim; you must prove it false."

See the problem yet? You're asking them to prove a negative as opposed to presenting any actual evidence to reinforce your claim, and no, an admitted assumption does not pass for evidence, as it's founded entirely on nothing and was purported as nothing more than a convenient means of denial.

With that said, you should probably start digging for evidence now. Get to work, son! thumb up

ArtificialGlory
You realize RE6 goes from where ever Wesker JR. is in (vaugely Russia) to Chris's (Vaugely German) and it took a plane for Jake to get across the mountains.

They have blood splatter, and concussive force can kill.

You mean Edonia? Wasn't Jake captured and flown to China as a prisoner? When did he ever even go to Germany? I'm confused.

Yeah, being shot in the head and splattering blood all over the place doesn't make me think of concussive force. And even if it was concussive force, taking a direct hit from a rocket should leave a mark(even being killed by concussive force leaves identifiable injuries, especially if that force come from high explosives). I think the answer here is blatantly obvious.

pym-ftw

I'm the guy you're ironically accusing of being dumb, here to point out to you, my would-be accuser, how it's logically inaccurate to make a claim and demand it be disproven rather than validly proving it yourself.

Example: "We can simply ASSUME that BL has Super Soaker quality armaments, unless you can prove otherwise."

This fallacy is specifically referred to as (Shifting the) Burden of Proof. In other words, "I need not prove my claim; you must prove it false."

See the problem yet? You're asking them to prove a negative as opposed to presenting any actual evidence to reinforce your claim, and no, an admitted assumption does not pass for evidence, as it's founded entirely on nothing and was purported as nothing more than a convenient means of denial.

With that said, you should probably start digging for evidence now. Get to work, son! thumb up guns don't maim humans but maim robots

Thus

Human > Robots

Why?; my assertion is metal is weaker in BL.

It's a fair guess and if you want to make an argument against it you need to invalidate my point especially if your arguing BL guns > RE Guns

If you don't understand now don't bother replying because I won't reply to you.

pym-ftw
You mean Edonia? Wasn't Jake captured and flown to China as a prisoner? When did he ever even go to Germany? I'm confused.

Yeah, being shot in the head and splattering blood all over the place doesn't make me think of concussive force. And even if it was concussive force, taking a direct hit from a rocket should leave a mark(even being killed by concussive force leaves identifiable injuries, especially if that force come from high explosives). I think the answer here is blatantly obvious. He met up with Chris and together they fought some Giant Troll guys in the Vaugely German town.

Not really, an Airburst could kill without leaving a mark.

ArtificialGlory
He met up with Chris and together they fought some Giant Troll guys in the Vaugely German town.

Not really, an Airburst could kill without leaving a mark.

I am pretty sure you're talking about Edonia Republic, which is in Eastern Europe.

Not if the airburst originates 1 inch away from you and is coming from a high explosive. That would almost certainly dismember a person.

Sacred 117
guns don't maim humans but maim robots

Thus

Human > Robots

Why?; my assertion is metal is weaker in BL.

It's a fair guess and if you want to make an argument against it you need to invalidate my point especially if your arguing BL guns > RE Guns

If you don't understand now don't bother replying because I won't reply to you.

Do I really have to repeat myself? "Assertion" is not proof. You can't simply speculate that BL weaponry is lesser built and expect your claim to be held to an absolute, and you're only claiming it as a means to further lowball your opposition in a fearful, desperate attempt to rectify your stance.

No one needs to invalidate your opinionated "guess" (your words) because guessing =/= evidence. If you say "BL materials are inferior," you have to actually prove it.

Seriously, before you say "you need to prove me wrong" again, search 'burden of proof fallacy', and try not telling me I don't understand if I clearly have a better grasp of this than you.

Wei Phoenix
Loaders and more Hyperion mechs are shot from the main base in space and onto the planet. They come crashing down and they are fully intact.

ArtificialGlory
Loaders and more Hyperion mechs are shot from the main base in space and onto the planet. They come crashing down and they are fully intact.

Can't believe I forgot that one.

EDIT: Anyway, now that that's over with, I'd like to know what the format of the fight is supposed to be* and whether the characters from the Pre-Sequel are allowed? OP?

*Everyone vs. everyone all at once? In waves? 1v1? 2v2?, etc.

Wei Phoenix
Can't believe I forgot that one.

EDIT: Anyway, now that that's over with, I'd like to know what the format of the fight is supposed to be* and whether the characters from the Pre-Sequel are allowed? OP?

*Everyone vs. everyone all at once? In waves? 1v1? 2v2?, etc.

So if humans are more durable than the robots, bullets can gib robots but not humans (Which there is an actual reason to why that canbe explained) robots can survive entry into the planet's orbit and crash land on Pandora then that would make the humans and vault hunters durable enough to eat bullets from the RE crew. Do I got that right Pym?

pym-ftw
Loaders and more Hyperion mechs are shot from the main base in space and onto the planet. They come crashing down and they are fully intact. BL has teleporting technology, you use it to go everywhere.

3 people sucking each other off couldn't think of this...

Wei Phoenix
BL has teleporting technology, you use it to go everywhere.

But the loaders aren't teleported, they are literally shot out of the Hyperion base and onto the planet, this is further shown in the Pre Sequel. They are not teleported, they are shot out of a canon. The robots survive with no damage done.

ArtificialGlory
BL has teleporting technology, you use it to go everywhere.

Except that most of the time the robots are fired out of Helios Station's cannon to the planet's surface and survive the crash just fine.

pym-ftw
So assuming that's impressive in a game with no fall damage, don't they also fold up during transport?

Wei Phoenix
There is fall damage in the game but that is a game mechanic and a silly one to be argued.

ArtificialGlory
So assuming that's impressive in a game with no fall damage, don't they also fold up during transport?

Or there's no fall damage because everyone's real tough? Could just be a game mechanic, though. What does it matter if they fold up during transport? If the Loaders were made of modern-day materials, they would not survive the fall.

pym-ftw
Because you shoot their joints off... Have you forgotten the argument.

There is no fall damage, there are non accessible areas which kill you (game mechanic) but literally nothing in the game takes fall damage.

ArtificialGlory
Because you shoot their joints off... Have you forgotten the argument.

There is no fall damage, there are non accessible areas which kill you (game mechanic) but literally nothing in the game takes fall damage.

So? That just means that guns in BL are very powerful, which was my argument from the beginning.

Yeah, cause everyone is just that tough and durable. Or, you know, it could be a game mechanic.

Wei Phoenix
But there is fall damage in BL2

ArtificialGlory
But there is fall damage in BL2

There is? You mean like jumping off of the edge of the map?

Wei Phoenix
Jack also shot a human out of the cannonand they died.

ArtificialGlory
Jack also shot a human out of the cannonand they died.

Oh yeah, that's true. The player character in the Pre-Sequel is fired out of the same cannon to the surface and gets kinda banged up, but obviously survives the ordeal.

Wei Phoenix
He shoots another as well that you have to find on the moon and they're dead. I think it was during the retaking of the base.

There is? You mean like jumping off of the edge of the map?

I thought there was but I will check when I get home.

Wei Phoenix
I was wrong. No fall damage due to not wanting to punish players and speed up exploration and getting to the fight faster.

ArtificialGlory
So no fall damage for player characters is a game mechanic.

pym-ftw
It's nice you get to pick and choose lore vs game mechanics.

I'm done with you guys.

ArtificialGlory

I'm done with you guys.

Well, we have examples of fall damage in lore, but not really in gameplay. How else do you explain it?

Sacred 117

I'm done with you guys.

Because that's how it works. Lore is canon, mechanical inconsistency is not. Otherwise, you could argue Cloud has to wait his turn before striking, or that Sonic isn't actually above supersonic because the player can react.

Funny way of saying "I give up."

link-rape

Wei Phoenix
The post where Sacred 117 became Slayer 117 and earned a lifetime of my respect.

With that said, you should probably start digging for evidence now. Get to work, son! thumb up

Ether'd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.