General opinions; more powerful universe; Dragon Age or Witcher 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Well ??

KingD19
Dragon Age easily. Not only are there a sh*t ton of dragons, but demons, spirits, powerful mages, warriors, and even beings worshipped as Gods.

quanchi112
I never played through Witcher 2. Got bored and put it down. I might though.

Do you feel that Dragon Age would also shitstomp Hyrule ?

Utrigita
What King said, it's worth mentioning though that most of the mentioned Witcher 2 has in abundance as well, the main difference simply being the powerlevel when you compare them pound for pound, but also the difference between the higher levels (Dragons are stronger in Dragon Age then in Witcher as a example) Another example are that the Mages in Dragon Age would get shitstomped by Witcher mages, however there are like 30-40 mages in Witcher, and in Dragon Age that is like the population of a single circle.

KingD19
The top Mages in Witcher aren't above or beyond the top mages in Dragon Age. They just have different types of magic.

Look what Warden Commander Clarel did Corypheus' dragon for example, or how Alexius on accident created time travel and sent the Warden a year into the future. Etc... Then you've got hax stuff like Knight Enchanter when put in a forum fight would just be unfair, and so on.

Also I think 30-40 mages would comprise a very small circle. They usually seem much bigger.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by KingD19
The top Mages in Witcher aren't above or beyond the top mages in Dragon Age. They just have different types of magic.

Look what Warden Commander Clarel did Corypheus' dragon for example, or how Alexius on accident created time travel and sent the Warden a year into the future. Etc... Then you've got hax stuff like Knight Enchanter when put in a forum fight would just be unfair, and so on.

Also I think 30-40 mages would comprise a very small circle. They usually seem much bigger.

He sent the Inquisitor into the future, noob.

KingD19
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He sent the Inquisitor into the future, noob.

You know what I meant brah.

Utrigita

I wasn't refering to the top mages, I was refering to my general impression, take a average mage from Withcer and throw him against a average mage from Dragon Age and the Witcher mage imo will win. That however doesn't change the circumstances as I also pointed out that Dragon Age has a much larger amount of mages then Witcher. I will say though that top mages in both universes seems alike in terms of power.

KingD19
Originally posted by Utrigita
I wasn't refering to the top mages, I was refering to my general impression, take a average mage from Withcer and throw him against a average mage from Dragon Age and the Wticher mage imo will win. That however doesn't change the circumstances as I also pointed out that Dragon Age has a much larger amount of mages then Witcher. I will say though that top mages in both universes seems alike in terms of power.

Oh yeah. Well, I don't think we've seen any "average" mages in Witcher. Or I should say, none of the average mages in Witcher are actually considered average. Since there are so few of them, everyone they've shown has been decently powerful in their own right and with their own powers/skills. So yeah, a mage from Witcher would take down a normal mage from DA.

Utrigita
Oh yeah. Well, I don't think we've seen any "average" mages in Witcher. Or I should say, none of the average mages in Witcher are actually considered average. Since there are so few of them, everyone they've shown has been decently powerful in their own right and with their own powers/skills. So yeah, a mage from Witcher would take down a normal mage from DA.

Hence "average" stick out tongue

KingD19
Agreed.

Does anybody know how many dragons are left in Witcher-verse? I know the girl from Witcher 2 is one, and her dad is a golden dragon. But I haven't seen or heard from any other ones.

Utrigita
Agreed.

Does anybody know how many dragons are left in Witcher-verse? I know the girl from Witcher 2 is one, and her dad is a golden dragon. But I haven't seen or heard from any other ones.

They are presented in the game as close to extinct, in the books it was never something that Sapkowski really dwelled on in his stories, the RPG on the other hand makes the dragon pretty common place so...

ares834
What are Witcher mages capable of? I've never read the books but I wasn't overly impressed by their power in the games.

Utrigita
Originally posted by ares834
What are Witcher mages capable of? I've never read the books but I wasn't overly impressed by their power in the games.

They are presented very differently in the books then in the game. The books I've read makes the mages in the Witcher game look like firecrackers compared to the mages in the books. They travel across dimensions with ease, can destroy armies singlehandedly, can mindread and other shit. The major difference is also that in the books there are like 30-40 mages at the max in the entire world, in the game you run into a sorcerer almost around every cornor.

NemeBro
Keep in mind quan is comparing Dragon Age to the games, not the books. He hasn't read them.

trexalfa
The codex states Pride Demons are planetary threats, and Solas/Fen'Harel and Flemeth/Mythal are the heaviest hitters in my opinion in the Dragon Age side. What's the Witcher got?

ares834
Pride Demons are powerful but they clearly aren't planetary threats. Lol

Edit: found the codex entry in question, it specifies "greater pride demon". Beyond that it specifies that Pride Demons would bring other demons with it. So it seems to be speaking about how the Pride Demon will get an army of demons not the demon itself taking on the world solo.

KingD19
Dragon Age also has a much more massive amount of soldiers per army as well as simply having more armies as well. Humans as a whole, Dalish Elves, Dwarves, Army of the Dead, Qunari, Mages, Templars, Red Templars, Seekers, Grey Wardens, Darkspawn, etc...

ares834
There are massive armies in the Witcher games as well. So far we've only dealt with the smaller northern Kingdoms (which there are over a dozen of). By contrast, the Nilfgaardian Empire is huge.

Now I don't know how numbers actually compare, but I doubt they are quite as lopsided as you seem to be implying.

Utrigita
Originally posted by trexalfa
The codex states Pride Demons are planetary threats, and Solas/Fen'Harel and Flemeth/Mythal are the heaviest hitters in my opinion in the Dragon Age side. What's the Witcher got?

The wild hunt, the two leading elves are basically (again in books) conquerors of multiple other dimensions, on their own.

It would help to know though if we are discussing game vs game or if lore from the outside is allowed.

KingD19
It would, since in the game the Wild Hunt hasn't done much yet and when they show up seem to be a big threat but nothing DA universe can't handle since Geralt and his friend were fighting off multiple Hunters at once while surrounded.

Utrigita
It would, since in the game the Wild Hunt hasn't done much yet and when they show up seem to be a big threat but nothing DA universe can't handle since Geralt and his friend were fighting off multiple Hunters at once while surrounded.

Agreed, but I take that more as a statement to the Witchers abilities then I take it a sign of the Wild Hunts soldiers being easy mode that the Witchers fend them off.

KingD19
Originally posted by Utrigita
Agreed, but I take that more as a statement to the Witchers abilities then I take it a sign of the Wild Hunts soldiers being easy mode that the Witchers fend them off.

Was that guy with him in the trailer a Witcher as well? There's a lot of stuff that doesn't fully make sense without the full explanation after the transition from Witcher 2 to Witcher 3. Although Geralt is boosted beyond even Witcher levels so him fighting off Wild Hunters is to be expected.

Utrigita
Was that guy with him in the trailer a Witcher as well? There's a lot of stuff that doesn't fully make sense without the full explanation after the transition from Witcher 2 to Witcher 3. Although Geralt is boosted beyond even Witcher levels so him fighting off Wild Hunters is to be expected.

Yes that would be, if I'm not mistaken Lambert, one of the witchers from Kaer Morhen. Witchers in general are pretty doped in the witcher universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.