Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) vs Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Star Wars Insider 106 gave the edge to Luke Skywalker and said he would be the victor... what are your thoughts on this?

Bigblue442
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Star Wars Insider 106 gave the edge to Luke Skywalker and said he would be the victor... what are your thoughts on this?

That whoever writes for Star Wars Insider wears a bicycle helmet on his head.

And not while he's riding a bike.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Bigblue442
That whoever writes for Star Wars Insider wears a bicycle helmet on his head.

And not while he's riding a bike.

You sure you're not confusing it with that other VS series? The Head to Head ones?

Cause the insider VS ones, seem better and make sense in what happens.

Bigblue442
Originally posted by Zenwolf
You sure you're not confusing it with that other VS series? The Head to Head ones?

Cause the insider VS ones, seem better and make sense in what happens.

I didn't read the issue.

But Luke Skywalker doesn't have any chance against Galen Marek.

Not as of Return of the Jedi, anyway.

Give him about ten years.

Zenwolf
I think he does tbh.

Bigblue442
Although if there are new sources that demonstrate impressive feats for Luke during that time period, I'd be interested to see that.

Angelalex242
For that to make any sense at all, he'd have to be one of those guys who thinks Luke >= Vader.

Bigblue442
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I think he does tbh.
Years after Return of the Jedi, Luke couldn't handle a few mook-clones of himself and another Jedi, and they barely had any training.

So no, Galen would swat him like a fly.

I'm interested though, why did Star Wars Insider think he could win? smokin'

Bigblue442
Originally posted by Angelalex242
For that to make any sense at all, he'd have to be one of those guys who thinks Luke >= Vader.
The Courtship of Princess Leia indicated that Vader went easy on him and could've killed him. smokin'

AncientPower
Originally posted by Bigblue442
The Courtship of Princess Leia indicated that Vader went easy on him and could've killed him. smokin'

Numerous other sources state the opposite, including Return of the Jedi's novelisation.

Angelalex242
Right.

So if this guy read the novelization of ROTJ, but never read Courtship, he might be under the opinion Luke >= Vader.

If he was under such an opinion, he might think Luke would win.

There will, of course, come a point in Luke's life where he indisputably passes Marek up, but I personally don't think he's reached it...yet.

Nalaniel
I think Galen's force powers are too much to handle for Luke, so I'll go with Galen.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nalaniel
I think Galen's force powers are too much to handle for Luke, so I'll go with Galen. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too.

Angelalex242
I don't think Luke needs too many more years under his belt to take this...I'd say he's got it by 10 ABY or so, but 4 ABY just isn't there yet.

NewGuy01
You and Power keep saying that, but honestly some of Luke's best pre-DE feats are between ESB and 6 months after RotJ, as far as I know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.