Could Reed Richards out think the Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Classic Richards. DCnu Barry Allen.

Both characters are locked in a room with unlimited pencils and paper (old school!). They are given a 10 question math test designed by Brainiac 5. They have to show their work.
Can Flash's speed out do Reed's knowledge?

1. Who finishes first
2. Who gets the better grade

DarkSaint85
Depends on the level of maths.

Does Barry know of it before the test? For example, he has a degree in forensics, which would imply a college level understanding of basic maths, at least. No astrophysics equations etc, though.

So if the question is in a realm of maths he has no idea about, giving him all the time in the world won't help, and Reeds would win it. Unless Barry prepped by speedreading textbooks.

However, if there are 10 questions but all on multiplications etc, then Barry wins.

riv6672
Just Barry's basic knowledge is what i was thinking. So, you figure even going over the problems a zillion times wouldnt matter here?
This is what i was hoping to find out, thanks.

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
Classic Richards. DCnu Barry Allen.

Both characters are locked in a room with unlimited pencils and paper (old school!). They are given a 10 question math test designed by Brainiac 5. They have to show their work.
Can Flash's speed out do Reed's knowledge?

1. Who finishes first
2. Who gets the better grade

Barry wins.

Board Walker
Barry has as much time as he needs to recreate the field of mathematics from scratch.

psycho gundam
^ IIRC Reed has actually done that when he recreated existence with the Nullifier

riv6672
Well here he has a pencil and paper...

psycho gundam
Sure but the entirety of mathematics as well as the other branches of knowledge were replicated by Reed's memory of them. If Flash simply doesn't know the answer to a question no matter how fast he is he cannot figure it out, but Reed being able to remake existence from memory might

Sin I AM
While Barry is fumbling with equations reed will just waltz to his closest and pull out the un

psycho gundam
I don't think that is in play smh

Sin I AM
Meh. Even if it was it wouldn't be relevant. Attosecond reaction time and all

psycho gundam
The UN fires a bubble that spreads out all over. Nobody in their right mind would touch a UN user, not even Galactus tried it

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam
The UN fires a bubble that spreads out all over. Nobody in their right mind would touch a UN user, not even Galactus tried it
Attosecond

psycho gundam
Nullification

krisblaze
Def Richards

Board Walker
Flash operates on the attosecond level, Flash has all the time in existence to recreated mathematics from scratch. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know the answer, he has an infinite amount of time to recreate every formula and theory of mathematics from the basics up.

psycho gundam
So he shows Braniac these answers faster than he can process them also? This speed blitz shit is even self defeating these days

Board Walker
Originally posted by psycho gundam
So he shows Braniac these answers faster than he can process them also? This speed blitz shit is even self defeating these days

Barry has an infinite amount of time to recreate mathematics from the ground up, he doesn't need anyone else. He would recreate all the theories, laws, and practices of mathematics in his infinite amount of time.

abhilegend
Wally outsmarted the smartest supercomputer in existence in DC one million by simply being too fast.

erm

psycho gundam
DC one million had a super Batman Originally posted by Board Walker
Barry has an infinite amount of time to recreate mathematics from the ground up, he doesn't need anyone else. He would recreate all the theories, laws, and practices of mathematics in his infinite amount of time. Concession accepted

riv6672
Yes he did, and the UN isnt in this. Thought that was pretty clear. erm

psycho gundam
^ I was just illustrating how Reed has vast knowledge when I brought up the nullifier.

Flash is faster than Reed but he still has to turn his work in to Braniac who then has to read it over for his assessment so Reed is still in the game.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Wally outsmarted the smartest supercomputer in existence in DC one million by simply being too fast.

erm

1. That was Wally
2. That was DCU
3. Most importantly, it showed the limits of Flash speed. Even Wally did not account for unknown variables, and was just as surprised as anyone else when the knight fragment came out.

IOW, if you gave a chess set to a Flash, and he knew the moves, sure, in time, he will formulate unbeatable strategies. If he didn't know what chess was, how the pieces moved, the rules etc? Yeah, no, he's not doing jack from basic principles.

riv6672
Thats why i had B5 administer the test.
I figured a 5th level intellect'd come up with questions Reed couldnt easily answer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.