Creepiest moments in gaming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reflassshh
Creepy or weird moments you've experienced in any game, remember this isn't limited to horror games smile

Zack Fair
The first 5 minutes of the original Silent Hill will always stand out to me. Something about the noise and getting trapped and murdered by killer toddlers ****ed me uo

Wei Phoenix
Everything in this game to be honest.

_05U975Ft5U

NemeBro
That time when the president of the United States grabs your crotch in Metal Gear Solid 2.

Impediment
Slender Man made me very unnerved and on edge the first time I played through it.

Also, I agree with Zack about Silent Hill's first infamous scene. It creeped me out a lot.

Reflassshh
@Zack, same here. SH and RE3 screwed my childhood laughing out loud

@Wei, people either hate or love that game,would you recommend it to a lover of survival horrors?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Reflassshh
@Zack, same here. SH and RE3 screwed my childhood laughing out loud

@Wei, people either hate or love that game,would you recommend it to a lover of survival horrors?

Only if you're a fan of playing shitty games with shitty controls. It's a bad game, but it's so bad that it's good and hilarious. It being bad is why it's so popular. If you are looking for a serious survival horror feel and scare then this isn't for you. It's filled with tons of awkward and hilarious moments though.

Smasandian
Probably the first time I played FEAR, especially the first when you first get into the main building.

Or Condemned. Game ****ing scared the shit out of me, especially the school and dept store level.

Bentley
I'm going to go unconventional and chose a 16 bit era game in which you might not see the creepiness coming.

Super Mario World, after beating the Special World. You've faced some challenging stages and now the palette of the overworld has swapped, weird of course, but not unsettling... Until you run into a turtle wearing a Mario mask. That's just. Eh.

no expression

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Zack Fair
The first 5 minutes of the original Silent Hill will always stand out to me. Something about the noise and getting trapped and murdered by killer toddlers ****ed me uo This. Every Silent Hill game had its moments, and 1-4 were perfect.

Seeing Pyramid head for the first time in Silent Hill 2 on the other side of the iron bars just staring at you was pretty unnerving.

The reflection room in Silent Hill 3 were Heather sees her self getting all bloody along with the room was pretty ****ed.

The random room in SH4 that had Eileen with the twitchy eyes that followed you stood out too.

Scarlet in Homecoming stands as one of the scariest bosses in the entire game. The soundtrack that played while you fought her had me shitting bricks.

SH always delivered on the scary/weird. The PT demo was also pretty rough.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro
That time when the president of the United States grabs your crotch in Metal Gear Solid 2.

"You're... a mam??"

laughing out loud

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Only if you're a fan of playing shitty games with shitty controls. It's a bad game, but it's so bad that it's good and hilarious. It being bad is why it's so popular. If you are looking for a serious survival horror feel and scare then this isn't for you. It's filled with tons of awkward and hilarious moments though. Then it's worth a try.

Now to people mentioning Metal Gear, wasn't it a little weird when you revisited shadow moses in MGS4? You know, "ghost" and shit, it felt a little creepy.

Smasandian
Yeah, I never played any Metal Gears but I thought that was a really cool idea for a level. It really worked.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This. Every Silent Hill game had its moments, and 1-4 were perfect.

Seeing Pyramid head for the first time in Silent Hill 2 on the other side of the iron bars just staring at you was pretty unnerving.

The reflection room in Silent Hill 3 were Heather sees her self getting all bloody along with the room was pretty ****ed.

The random room in SH4 that had Eileen with the twitchy eyes that followed you stood out too.

Scarlet in Homecoming stands as one of the scariest bosses in the entire game. The soundtrack that played while you fought her had me shitting bricks.

SH always delivered on the scary/weird. The PT demo was also pretty rough. Agreed.

Exploring the blue creek apartaments was very unnerving to me, the cries, voices and whatnot would creep the shit out of me.

In SH3 those cocodrile-like monster were scary too, with that weird sound the make while crawling at you.
In fact Silent hill 3 stands to me as the weirdest of the entire series, with only Downpour coming close to it mainly due to it's story being weird in itself.

Tzeentch
Romancing Jacob.

NemeBro
Then it's worth a try.

Now to people mentioning Metal Gear, wasn't it a little weird when you revisited shadow moses in MGS4? You know, "ghost" and shit, it felt a little creepy. Still not nearly as creepy as a middle-aged man (who happens to be commander in chief over the United States) nonchalantly grabbing your crotch and then seeming disappointed that you turned out to be a man.

--OWqmrTwbs

Impediment
Neverending Nightmares had some pretty creepy as shit moments.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by NemeBro
Still not nearly as creepy as a middle-aged man (who happens to be commander in chief over the United States) nonchalantly grabbing your crotch and then seeming disappointed that you turned out to be a man.
Agreed.

@Impediment I've seen some videos about that game but that's it, seems to be very disturbing, did you finish it?

Nephthys
Fallout 3 - The Dunwich Building.

Spec Ops the Line - The Mannequin hallucination and a ton of other shit.

Bioshock - Sander Cohen.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - Ocean House.

Nemesis X
The sewer level in Shadows of the Empire.

The haunted orphanage in Dragon Age Origins.

The school bus you come across in Prey.

The Rachel boss fight in Resident Evil Revelations.

Impediment
@Impediment I've seen some videos about that game but that's it, seems to be very disturbing, did you finish it?

It's not the best game I've ever played, but it's very, very creepy, indeed. There are three possible endings, depending on how you play the game.

Spawningpool
I was playing crash bandicoot and crashes head was at a 180 degree angle so the whole level crashes head was staring at me with the creepy as hell smile... Weirdest glitch of my life

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Impediment
It's not the best game I've ever played, but it's very, very creepy, indeed. There are three possible endings, depending on how you play the game. I'll give it a try!

Originally posted by Spawningpool
I was playing crash bandicoot and crashes head was at a 180 degree angle so the whole level crashes head was staring at me with the creepy as hell smile... Weirdest glitch of my life That's ****ed up man no

BackFire
Silent Hill school level will always be the top for me. Extremely creepy.

jinXed by JaNx
Creepiest moments in gaming go to silent hill. Nothing else needs to be said. The first silent hill, and The suffering have proven to be the creepiest games ive ever played.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BackFire
Silent Hill school level will always be the top for me. Extremely creepy.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Creepiest moments in gaming go to silent hill. Nothing else needs to be said. The first silent hill, and The suffering have proven to be the creepiest games ive ever played.

Damn straight people. gunsmilie

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The sewer level in Shadows of the Empire.

There's no way you're old enough to have played that level. I remember it well, it actually was pretty scary as a kid.

Nemesis X
That level felt so out of place. Like I entered the lair of Cthulhu. The boss in that is more creepy than that droid you fight in the junkyard.

Ridley_Prime
IG-88? He was creepy in that game too, unnecessarily. Good times.

Quincy
I in particular always get creeped out when my character has to swim or go in water

Newjak
I'm going to nominate the Nightmare levels from Max Payne 1.

I don't know if I would call it terrifying but I definitely remember it being unnerving. Walking through a maze of blood where you can fall off into a dark abyss of nothing. All the while you hear a child crying every so often. Definitely had me on edge for the level.

I also think the fact it just came out of nowhere in that game helped make the level and atmosphere stand out more.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Quincy
I in particular always get creeped out when my character has to swim or go in water Dino Crisis 2 says hello thumb up

Quincy
Dino Crisis 2 says hello thumb up

Oh god let's not

Digi
Creepy or terrifying? The sensations are quite different to me.

I can't think of many instances of the former. Perhaps I have a hard time getting creeped out by games. Terror, however, games are good at. Stupidly enough, the scariest thing that ever happened to me was probably in Thief 2. I was playing at about 2am, in darkness, and had yet to discover that the game contained both undead AND spiders. I discovered this within the span of about 7 terrifying seconds in a panic-induced sprint that caused me to fall down a mine shaft. I promptly turned the game off and went to bed.

Also, Sonic 2. Water level. **** that place.

Quincy
The entirety of Dead Space is up there too

Spawningpool
The part in the game "the suffering" where you walk into a security room and you hear a deep and slow voice say. "Been....waiting...for you.

Reflassshh
@Digi can be both, it can be either a game designed to creep you out, successfully or a game that's not intended to scare you but manages to do it anyway. Like lavender town's creepy song in Pokemon R/G/B.

@Quincy thumb up

And you also like Fables!

Jmanghan
The baby bowser boss fight in Yoshi's Island.

Impediment
Dead Space 1, the level where you can hear a woman offscreen eerily singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the lobby is full of dead bodies and lit candles.

Quincy
@Digi can be both, it can be either a game designed to creep you out, successfully or a game that's not intended to scare you but manages to do it anyway. Like lavender town's creepy song in Pokemon R/G/B.

@Quincy thumb up

And you also like Fables!

*Power fist*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.