Physical Strength Contest: Superman VS Kurse VS Thor VS The Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danielgamer
Speed equalized, who is Physical Stronger amoung these 4 characters: Superman from Man Of Steel, Thor (Marvel Cinematic Universe) and Kurse and The Hulk (both from MCU)

Psychotron
Superman > Kurse > Thor/Hulk.

juggerman
Pretty much tho I'd put Hulk above Thor

relentless1
Superman easy, all three at the same time

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, during the Thor/Hulk fight, Thor needed to use both his arms to block/restrain one of Hulk's (allowing Hulk to cheap shot him with his free hand), so Hulk is definitely above Thor in terms of brute strength.

I'd put Clark first, then, based on consistent showings, Kurse then Hulk and then Thor.

Psychotron
To be fair, he initially blocked it with one arm, then he added the second, so there wasn't much of a strength difference between them. Also, Hulk was rampaging before that so he probably amped himself a bit before the Thor fight.

Theoretically Hulk could become stronger than anyone on the list given enough time, but I don't see that happening in practice.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Psychotron
Superman > Kurse > Thor/Hulk.

carver9
It depends on how you're viewing this.

Hulk> Superman> Kurse> Thor

By the way, Hulk was man handling Thor and like Banner said, Hulk is always angry so his rampage before facing Thor is irrelevant.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9

By the way, Hulk was man handling Thor and like Banner said, Hulk is always angry so his rampage before facing Thor is irrelevant.

Hulk has zero feats to suggest he is stronger then Superman.

Quit being stupid

relentless1
Lol carver strikes again, hey carver,let's try to narrow this down, who CANT hulk beat in your warped biased brain?

FrothByte
Thing is, I believe Superman's strength was greatly enhanced by his speed and flight. When you look at his greatest strength feats, it was either aided by flight (gravity beam feat) or by speed (punching and charging at the kryptonians). Now if we were to remove his speed and flight then I believe Kurse and Hulk are actually pretty close to him in strength.

As for Kurse and Hulk, many people put Kurse above Hulk due to his impressive showing against Thor. But he didn't beat Thor due to an overwhelming strength advantage but due to a combination of skill, strength and most of all durability. That said, I believe Hulk and Kurse are close to each other in strength. Might even give the strength advantage to Hulk.

NemeBro
Superman>=Kurse>=Hulk>Thor

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Thing is, I believe Superman's strength was greatly enhanced by his speed and flight. When you look at his greatest strength feats, it was either aided by flight (gravity beam feat) or by speed (punching and charging at the kryptonians). Now if we were to remove his speed and flight then I believe Kurse and Hulk are actually pretty close to him in strength.

As for Kurse and Hulk, many people put Kurse above Hulk due to his impressive showing against Thor. But he didn't beat Thor due to an overwhelming strength advantage but due to a combination of skill, strength and most of all durability. That said, I believe Hulk and Kurse are close to each other in strength. Might even give the strength advantage to Hulk.

Kurse beat hulk by straight up gangsta strength.

He flat put pounded him into submission.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Kurse beat hulk by straight up gangsta strength.

He flat put pounded him into submission.

Kurse never fought Hulk. If what you meant was Thor, then Kurse beat Thor because he was fast and skilled enough to swat Mjolnir away and then was durable enough to tank Thor's best shots without even flinching... which then allowed him to swing away at Thor.

If Hulk had been allowed to pound away at Thor like Kurse did then I don't see why he couldn't beat up Thor the same way, probably would have beat him up faster. The reason why Hulk couldn't do it wasn't because he wasn't as strong as Kurse but because

a. He wasn't fast or skilled enough to avoid Mjolnir
b. He wasn't durable enough to completely tank Thor's hits like Kurse was doing (a cross punch from Thor sent Hulk turning 360)
c. And he wasn't fast enough to land all of his hits like Kurse did

Psychotron
Originally posted by carver9

Lol, here we go. Do explain how Hulk's feats are better than overpowering a skyscraper-crushin gravity beam while depowered, and overpowering the singularity. Or how Kurse didn't outperform Hulk when he fought Thor.

Kryptonian flight is pretty much = Kryptonian strength. Remember when Zod and Superman charged each other? Superman was flying while Zod was running, and still Zod managed to overpower Superman in that clash. Also, you forgot the Black hole feat which shits on anything Hulk has ever done.

Kurse definitely performed better against Thor than Hulk did. That nigga just swatted Mjolnir away while Hulk was sent flying when he tried to catch it.

Reflassshh
Superman would manhandle them at the same time.

FrothByte

Kryptonian flight is pretty much = Kryptonian strength. Remember when Zod and Superman charged each other? Superman was flying while Zod was running, and still Zod managed to overpower Superman in that clash. Also, you forgot the Black hole feat which shits on anything Hulk has ever done.

Kurse definitely performed better against Thor than Hulk did. That nigga just swatted Mjolnir away while Hulk was sent flying when he tried to catch it.

Flight and speed gives added momentum though, plus we're not sure exactly how their physics work in relation to flying. Flying away from the blackhole pull is a crappy example of strength considering that Lois Lane was still falling and wasn't being pulled. So if a blackhole isn't strong enough to pull in a 130 pound or so woman then it's not really a great feat for Superman's strength.

I'm not saying Kurse didn't perform better than Hulk against Thor, what I'm saying is that he performed better against Thor not due to strength alone but a combination of other aspects like speed and durability. Swatting away Mjolnir wasn't a sign of strength but rather of reaction speed.

KingD19

I'm not saying Kurse didn't perform better than Hulk against Thor, what I'm saying is that he performed better against Thor not due to strength alone but a combination of other aspects like speed and durability. Swatting away Mjolnir wasn't a sign of strength but rather of reaction speed.

He can react fast as he wants, but without the strength/durability it would have been meaningless. Cap could probably swat Mjolnir aside, but it would break his hand. Even without any speed advantage whatsoever, Kurse would have beat Thor down all the same.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
He can react fast as he wants, but without the strength/durability it would have been meaningless. Cap could probably swat Mjolnir aside, but it would break his hand. Even without any speed advantage whatsoever, Kurse would have beat Thor down all the same.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying you don't need superstrength. What I'm trying to say is that Kurse did not swat mjolnir away because he had so much more strength than Hulk. Hulk had just as much strength if not more so to swat mjolnir aside. What he was lacking was reaction speed.

Hulk's punches hurt Thor just as much if not moreso than Kurse's punches. The difference is that Hulk could only land 1 punch whereas Kurse landed multiple.

KingD19
Ah. Agreed. And even though it was a joke scene, Hulks sucker punch sent Thor flying off screen. I guess that should count for something.

NemeBro
It means he is strong enough to move a 220 pound man several feet.

Whoopty doo.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
It means he is strong enough to move a 220 pound man several feet.

Whoopty doo.

Unless Thor maintains his Asgardian density like he does in comics, in which he'll be around 650 lbs. Still, no big deal there.

Then again, same can be said about Superman. Knocking Namek a kilometer away... how heavy is Namek? 500-700 lbs?

Robtard
LOL, no. Nam-Ek is composed partially of helium, being 9'3" and only weighing 395lbs

Though I assume that's an error that slipped by and they meant "595"; if not "695": http://dccinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Nam-Ek

FrothByte
LOL. 9 ft tall and 400 lbs eh? Yeah, that doesn't add up. If that's the case then Superman should be 50-80 lbs. No wonder they jump so high. Pro basketball genes right there.

Robtard
I do think it's a typo, as the other Kryptonians listed are within reason with their height/build to weight ratio.

Zod: 6'3" 215lbs

Kal: 6'1" 205lbs

Faora: 5'10" 125lbs

Jor-El: 6'0" 205lbs

Time Immemorial
Lol, here we go. Do explain how Hulk's feats are better than overpowering a skyscraper-crushin gravity beam while depowered, and overpowering the singularity. Or how Kurse didn't outperform Hulk when he fought Thor.

Carver cant prove shit as usual.

meep-meep
Originally posted by juggerman
Pretty much tho I'd put Hulk above Thor

This seems accurate.

Psychotron
Flight and speed gives added momentum though, plus we're not sure exactly how their physics work in relation to flying. Flying away from the blackhole pull is a crappy example of strength considering that Lois Lane was still falling and wasn't being pulled. So if a blackhole isn't strong enough to pull in a 130 pound or so woman then it's not really a great feat for Superman's strength.

Yeah, but flight doesn't neccessarily add speed or momentum. Faora was fighting those soldiers at super speed without flight, Zod appeared to be moving at the same speed as Superman without flight, Namek caught a flying Superman twice without flight, etc. If you re-watch the black hole scene, you'll notice only Kryptonians were affected by the Singularity. Superman was visibly affected by it, and it seriously strained to break free, but Lois was not. Maybe she was just an inch outside of the event horizon or something, I don't know, but that's how it happened.

I just re-watched the fight, Kurse didn't demonstrate any skill or speed feats aside from swatting Mjolnir away. The whole fight was him just beating down Thor like a mongrel. In fact, Kurse casually swatted away a flying Thor, I'd like to see Hulk try that.

wakkawakkawakka
Yeah, but flight doesn't neccessarily add speed or momentum. Faora was fighting those soldiers at super speed without flight, Zod appeared to be moving at the same speed as Superman without flight, Namek caught a flying Superman twice without flight, etc. If you re-watch the black hole scene, you'll notice only Kryptonians were affected by the Singularity. Superman was visibly affected by it, and it seriously strained to break free, but Lois was not. Maybe she was just an inch outside of the event horizon or something, I don't know, but that's how it happened.

I'd like to point out that Lois was probably the only person not affected by the singularity as cars and debris were also being sucked in. Why? I don't know maybe she's made of "dark matter" no expression

Spawningpool
Superman shreks

Reflassshh
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I'd like to point out that Lois was probably the only person not affected by the singularity as cars and debris were also being sucked in. Why? I don't know maybe she's made of "dark matter" no expression Did the singularity suck other human being?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I'd like to point out that Lois was probably the only person not affected by the singularity as cars and debris were also being sucked in. Why? I don't know maybe she's made of "dark matter" no expression

She was plot device and no other humans went in. So its suspect that A. Plot device is immune or B. Humans were in affected.

relentless1
doc hamilton was also sucked in so Lois = plot device

Psychotron
It's a plot hole.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did someone even mention this blackhole as a feat of strength for superman LOL... That was a low end feat. The gravity beam was a meh feat and had little to do with strength and more to do with durability and flight. His best strength feats were his fights with the Kryptonians or the Oil rig feat.. Which by the way is the only kinda calculable feat of strength for him, one of which I might add, he failed to hold up. I see no reason why he's first on this list.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Did someone even mention this blackhole as a feat of strength for superman LOL... That was a low end feat. The gravity beam was a meh feat and had little to do with strength and more to do with durability and flight. His best strength feats were his fights with the Kryptonians or the Oil rig feat.. Which by the way is the only kinda calculable feat of strength for him, one of which I might add, he failed to hold up. I see no reason why he's first on this list.

Agreed. Give Hulk or Kurse a kyrptonian's speed and flight and I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to replicate Superman's feats.

Psychotron

The rig gave in, there was nothing Superman, who hadn't even fully discovered his powers at that point, could do about it.

Inhuman
didnt supes struggle a bit with an oil rig and then got KO'ed by it

any how "Kill-El" should be 1 or 2 based on showings i guess.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Inhuman
didnt supes struggle a bit with an oil rig and then got KO'ed by it

Yeah, if you didn't watch the movie and you listened to Quan.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The rig gave in, there was nothing Superman, who hadn't even fully discovered his powers at that point, could do about it.

Ummm he clearly had discovered his powers, that is beyond question. He just wasn't fully aware of what he was capable of. Point is, he was CLEARLY and visibly struggling. Of that there can be no question. You can see support beams appear to bend some, but he was visibly struggling. Even if the beam remained totally rigid, wouldn't change his visible struggle with the weight. A weight, when all is said and done is his only quantifiable feat, and one he was struggling with. Hardly what I would call no. 1 impressive.

Time Immemorial
Regardless Kryptonians strength is greater then Kurse or Hulk.

Psychotron
Ummm he clearly had discovered his powers, that is beyond question. He just wasn't fully aware of what he was capable of. Point is, he was CLEARLY and visibly struggling. Of that there can be no question. You can see support beams appear to bend some, but he was visibly struggling. Even if the beam remained totally rigid, wouldn't change his visible struggle with the weight. A weight, when all is said and done is his only quantifiable feat, and one he was struggling with. Hardly what I would call no. 1 impressive.

It's not a good example because Superman hadn't fully tested his limits yet, he couldn't even fly. His later feats are on a completely different level. Kurse was destroyed by a mini-singularity, while Supes overpowered a much larger one.

TheGrat1
Ka-El>The Kurse>=The Incredible Hulk>The Mighty Thor.

I took all of that into account but remember his mountain leaping before he learned to fly? That craps all over any jumping feats Hulk ever showed. His best was leaping to the top of Stark tower which (assuming he jumped from the street below) would be about 800-900 feet at best (it is considerably shorter than the nearby Chrysler building (1,046 feet)). Kal was well over a mile above his jumping points, especially on the last leap.

Also, concerning the World Engine, before he started flying the strength necessary to simply stand upright under a beam that was flattening skyscrapers (something a falling leviathan couldn't do) has to be considerable.

And let us never forget the oil derrick. That thing was huge.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheGrat1
Ka-El>The Kurse>=The Incredible Hulk>The Mighty Thor.

I took all of that into account but remember his mountain leaping before he learned to fly? That craps all over any jumping feats Hulk ever showed. His best was leaping to the top of Stark tower which (assuming he jumped from the street below) would be about 800-900 feet at best (it is considerably shorter than the nearby Chrysler building (1,046 feet)). Kal was well over a mile above his jumping points, especially on the last leap.

Also, concerning the World Engine, before he started flying the strength necessary to simply stand upright under a beam that was flattening skyscrapers (something a falling leviathan couldn't do) has to be considerable.

And let us never forget the oil derrick. That thing was huge.

Regarding jumping feats, I'm going to quote something that Robtard mentioned about Hulk's jumping in Incredible Hulk:

As for the World Engine, IIRC it wasn't exactly flattening buildings with one or two shots. It took repeated pulses to eventually destroy the buildings. The leviathans were casually tearing up buildings by brushing against them. Falling unto a building is not quite the same as flying into it with intent. I have no doubt that had a leviathan flown straight down into a building that it'd have no trouble decimating the whole thing.

Then for that oil rig... let's be honest, Clark was seriously struggling with that one. You could see his strain. Even if the platform didn't collapse I seriously doubt he could have maintained keeping that tower aloft. Plus, the leviathan does look bigger and denser than that oil tower.

Psychotron
The Leviathan was one-shotted by Stark's missile, it can't be very tough.

Silent Master
The Leviathan was one-shotted by Stark's missile, it can't be very tough.

Actually the Leviathan's armor was stated to be so tough that Iron-man could drain his battery dry before getting through it, the only time a missile of his had any effect was after the Hulk punched one and caused some of the armor to fall off.

Psychotron
That doesn't even make sense, the armor practically fell off on its own.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The simple reality is this guys... Superman displayed no quantifiable feats that were remotely even impressive. The gravitational beam feat is meh and unquantifiable. It was mostly a durability and flight feat, much more than a strength one.

FrothByte

Hulk punched it so hard that its body structure was compromised. That's why the armor fell off. In any case, IM's arsenal had zero effect on its armor. Hulk punching that leviathan was a better feat than Superman struggling with that oil rig.

Robtard
I would rank Hulk's punk as greater, but Oil Rig scene was a Superman not at full potential though

Psychotron
Hulk punched it so hard that its body structure was compromised. That's why the armor fell off. In any case, IM's arsenal had zero effect on its armor. Hulk punching that leviathan was a better feat than Superman struggling with that oil rig.

Well yeah, if you use Hulk's highest feat against Superman's lowest then Hulk wins.

Silent Master

After the Hulk's mega-punch and the leviathan started to flip over, before then Iron-man couldn't even scratch them...the movie flat out stated Iron-man didn't have the power to get through their armor.

FrothByte
Well yeah, if you use Hulk's highest feat against Superman's lowest then Hulk wins.

Yeah but like I said, name me a better strength feat of Superman that doesn't have him utilizing flight or speed?

This is not me dissing Superman or anything, I know it's unfair to ask a feat where he doesn't use flight and speed as these are very natural to him. However, we also can't just assume that his highest end feats directly show his strength when his flight and speed were a big part of it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The simple could hard facts are that Superman didn't have a great, good or really decent quantifiable strength feat in the entire movie. we can try and pretend like that isn't so, but it is.

Lestov16
The simple could hard facts are that Superman didn't have a great, good or really decent quantifiable strength feat in the entire movie. we can try and pretend like that isn't so, but it is.

Are you joking? Nam, who is weaker than Kal, was capable of tossing entire trains, which Supes tanked. Zod, also weaker, was moving satellites. A collision between Zod and Kal created an crater in a skyscraper from the shockwave. Supes is definitely the strongest out of all listed here.

Inhuman
Yeah, if you didn't watch the movie and you listened to Quan.

I did watch the movie and what I said happened. What movie were you watching? I do realize he was learning his power (that was one of the many dumb points/parts in the movie btw)

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Man-of-Steel-Trailer-Images-Clark-Kent-in-Water.jpg

Time Immemorial
Regarding jumping feats, I'm going to quote something that Robtard mentioned about Hulk's jumping in Incredible Hulk:

As for the World Engine, IIRC it wasn't exactly flattening buildings with one or two shots. It took repeated pulses to eventually destroy the buildings. The leviathans were casually tearing up buildings by brushing against them. Falling unto a building is not quite the same as flying into it with intent. I have no doubt that had a leviathan flown straight down into a building that it'd have no trouble decimating the whole thing.

Then for that oil rig... let's be honest, Clark was seriously struggling with that one. You could see his strain. Even if the platform didn't collapse I seriously doubt he could have maintained keeping that tower aloft. Plus, the leviathan does look bigger and denser than that oil tower.

Actually as soon as the world engine hit it completely disintegrated the building right in its beam, which would be considered ground zero. Then the expanding gravity was crushing the larger area around ground zero.

A large flying mass flying through buildings crashing through buildings to you is more powerful then the world engine, or equal in power? That actually makes zero sense..So then a small object such as Clark flying through the world engine and building would be much more impressive.

So basically what you are saying is a beam of light that took out part of the city with basically gravity is less impressive and powerful then the leviathan flying around through buildings and somehow the leviathan is more powerful now?

Clarks struggling versus what? Are you taking Quan's stance now?
The oil rig scene proves nothing more then that was his first test of strength and he saved the people and the frame gave way beneath his feat.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Inhuman
I did watch the movie and what I said happened. What movie were you watching? I do realize he was learning his power (that was one of the many dumb points/parts in the movie btw)

There's context there, Superman still hadn't mastered his powers, and the whole platform gave in.

Yeah but like I said, name me a better strength feat of Superman that doesn't have him utilizing flight or speed?

This is not me dissing Superman or anything, I know it's unfair to ask a feat where he doesn't use flight and speed as these are very natural to him. However, we also can't just assume that his highest end feats directly show his strength when his flight and speed were a big part of it.

He still has his striking feats, but I don't see why flight is a big deal. Like I said before a flightless Zod managed to overpower a flying Superman. It just doesn't seem like flight adds any strength. Also, Superman still had to stand up in the gravity beam before flying up, so that counts.

Time Immemorial
The simple reality is this guys... Superman displayed no quantifiable feats that were remotely even impressive. The gravitational beam feat is meh and unquantifiable. It was mostly a durability and flight feat, much more than a strength one.

And which quantifiable feats did Thor or Hulk possess. You have no idea the weight of the leviathan and since it was under anti gravity, it makes it essentially weightless. On the other hand you have a gravity engine that has so much power by amplifying gravity it crushed the city and was going to turn earth into krypton. Hows that for quantifiable. laughing

Time Immemorial
IIRR Thor had to get saved from being crushed by a space ship, which had that not happened he would not be getting up from that measuring how screwed up he was after Kurse tossed a boulder on him. Clark on the other hand was having trains, gravity beams, oil rigs, and other Kryptonians beat down on him without so much as drawing blood.

Robtard
Leviathan wasn't "weightless", it had weight and force behind it when it smashed through buildings. Hulk's feat is akin to stopping a slow moving submarine

FrothByte
IIRR Thor had to get saved from being crushed by a space ship, which had that not happened he would not be getting up from that measuring how screwed up he was after Kurse tossed a boulder on him. Clark on the other hand was having trains, gravity beams, oil rigs, and other Kryptonians beat down on him without so much as drawing blood.

Those are durability feats, not strength feats.

Star428
Durability is closely tied to strength. I know that durability and strength are considered distinctly different attributes on this forum but in real world physics they are very closely related. I don't usually use "real world physics" when debating these forum battles but since you and others used the "flight/speed affects Superman's strength feats" argument it's only fair if I use something similar... I don't see how this is even remotely a contest. Superman MoS is by far stronger than anyone on the list.

Nuff said...

FrothByte
Originally posted by Star428
Durability is closely tied to strength. I know that durability and strength are considered distinctly different attributes on this forum but in real world physics they are very closely related. I don't usually use "real world physics" when debating these forum battles but since you and others used the "flight/speed affects Superman's strength feats" argument it's only fair if I use something similar... I don't see how this is even remotely a contest. Superman MoS is by far stronger than anyone on the list.

Nuff said...

In the real world, durability is called toughness and it's different from strength. It's true that a lot of strong people are also tough, but that's because the training they do to become strong also makes them tough. That doesn't mean though that stength is directly proportional to stength. A world champion strongman can be stronger than most athletes but does that mean he can take more punches than a heavyweight boxer?

Flight affects strength feats because it gives you the advantage of more options for leverage. Speed is a big factor because velocity and momentum can greatly affect the amount of force.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Lestov16
Are you joking? Nam, who is weaker than Kal, was capable of tossing entire trains, which Supes tanked. Zod, also weaker, was moving satellites. A collision between Zod and Kal created an crater in a skyscraper from the shockwave. Supes is definitely the strongest out of all listed here.

I'm trying to figure out why you think the feats you listed are even the least bit impressive. They aren't. Further, there is nothing to suggest that Supes is stronger than Nam or even Zod for that matter. Nam at various points was trying Superman like a feeb. At one point he even KO"d him. I wouldn't bring up Zod in any superman argument. He was able to adapt to his powers significantly faster, which MUCH less Yellow Sun exposure than superman, and yet still, he was able to compete with superman physically in every way. The reality is this... superman didn't have any really impressive feats

KuRuPT Thanosi
And which quantifiable feats did Thor or Hulk possess. You have no idea the weight of the leviathan and since it was under anti gravity, it makes it essentially weightless. On the other hand you have a gravity engine that has so much power by amplifying gravity it crushed the city and was going to turn earth into krypton. Hows that for quantifiable. laughing

It was SLOWLY destroying the city... VERY slowly at that. The beat wasn't impressive in the least. I never said they had a lot or even good feats themselves. What I am saying is, neither did Superman

Psychotron
Superman overpowered Nam-Ek quite casually when he wasn't dealing with Faora and him at the same time. And he overpowered Zod at the end.

Whatever else you might say, you have to agree that overpowering a black hole was extremely impressive, especially since a smaller one killed a being that was >> Thor.

Time Immemorial
It was SLOWLY destroying the city... VERY slowly at that. The beat wasn't impressive in the least. I never said they had a lot or even good feats themselves. What I am saying is, neither did Superman

Slowly destroying the city? You mean it took 20-30 minutes? How fast did the leviathans destroy the city?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Slowly destroying the city? You mean it took 20-30 minutes? How fast did the leviathans destroy the city?

Who knows how long it would take the beam since it didn't even destroy it the time it was on the screen. THAT is how slow it was. As I said... it wasn't impressive.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Superman overpowered Nam-Ek quite casually when he wasn't dealing with Faora and him at the same time. And he overpowered Zod at the end.

Whatever else you might say, you have to agree that overpowering a black hole was extremely impressive, especially since a smaller one killed a being that was >> Thor.

This couldn't be further from the Truth.. he didn't casually do anything to Nam, and certainly nothing casually. In fact, much like Zod... he wasn't absorbing the yellow sun because of his suit preventing that. As you'll notice he never got exposed to the sun and the environment like Faora and Zod and we see how they are effected. He wasn't exposed and yet was treating superman like a feeb at certain points... KO'd superman at one point and was generally keeping up with him. Superman had exposure his entire life and still couldn't overpower people who weren't exposed for nearly as long. Again mentioning Zod doesn't end well with superman fans. He was keeping up with superman and in many ways surpassing him in his ability to adapt and pick up powers faster. And again, he wasn't exposed for nearly as long.

Time Immemorial
Who knows how long it would take the beam since it didn't even destroy it the time it was on the screen. THAT is how slow it was. As I said... it wasn't impressive. Wut?

It was not designed to destroy the city. It was designed to make the planet Krypton.. The destruction of man made structures was a secondary effect. As Zod stated Krypton was going to be built on the ashes of earth...the city was being turned to ash.

Robtard
This is correct, the gravity pulse was going to increase the Earth's gravity to match Krypton's, while all the smoke/black shit coming out of the World Engine was going to change the composition of the Earth's environment. Buildings being flattened and all terrestrial life killed was a side effect

Psychotron
This couldn't be further from the Truth.. he didn't casually do anything to Nam, and certainly nothing casually. In fact, much like Zod... he wasn't absorbing the yellow sun because of his suit preventing that. As you'll notice he never got exposed to the sun and the environment like Faora and Zod and we see how they are effected. He wasn't exposed and yet was treating superman like a feeb at certain points... KO'd superman at one point and was generally keeping up with him. Superman had exposure his entire life and still couldn't overpower people who weren't exposed for nearly as long. Again mentioning Zod doesn't end well with superman fans. He was keeping up with superman and in many ways surpassing him in his ability to adapt and pick up powers faster. And again, he wasn't exposed for nearly as long.

They were clearly exposed on some level, otherwise they wouldn't have had super strength and speed. Also, there's no proof that prolonged exposure to sunlight gradually increases the powers of Kryptonians like it does in the comics. Even if it does, we know Superman holds back a lot. Oh, so Superman didn't casually knock Nam-Ek into a train taking him out of the fight for a few minutes? Gotcha. Zod was a warrior who had spent his entire life training and fighting, Superman was a farmboy, and he still defeated him.

Robtard
The Kryptonian battle-suits did nothing to stop solar radiation absorption by all appearances

Arguably, neither did the structure of Zod's flag-ship, as once the environment was turned to match Earth's, Clark and the other Krptonians on board regained their powers

So it seems the only way to lose powers is being inside a ship, that is in space and has Kryptonian life-support running

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Robtard
The Kryptonian battle-suits did nothing to stop solar radiation absorption by all appearances

Arguably, neither did the structure of Zod's flag-ship, as once the environment was turned to match Earth's, Clark and the other Krptonians on board regained their powers

So it seems the only way to lose powers is being inside a ship, that is in space and has Kryptonian life-support running

Were you even watching the movie? Of course it was stopping it.. Why do you think they were just fine.. until they were exposed... Then Faora and Zod both experienced serious issues and couldn't keep all of it out. So yes, their suit was preventing a lot, if not all exposure to them. This is further illustrated by Zod getting powers once he was exposed... Learning to fly.. HV vision etc etc. That was a direct result of being exposed

KuRuPT Thanosi
They were clearly exposed on some level, otherwise they wouldn't have had super strength and speed. Also, there's no proof that prolonged exposure to sunlight gradually increases the powers of Kryptonians like it does in the comics. Even if it does, we know Superman holds back a lot. Oh, so Superman didn't casually knock Nam-Ek into a train taking him out of the fight for a few minutes? Gotcha. Zod was a warrior who had spent his entire life training and fighting, Superman was a farmboy, and he still defeated him.

You act like Kryptonians are human level unless on earth. They aren't and they aren't even close to that level. You seem to forget that they were on Krypton which was essentially a red sun and thus they were far far weaker than they could be. It's explained that the Council feared what Kryptonians were capable of under a yellow sun and feared they would abuse their powers. Thus, they were okay being on Krypton and being weaker than they should be. Once Zod and Faora were removed from that situation powers would've returned. They could clearly do all the things they tired as if it was nothing special and they knew they could... The Jumping... speed acts etc etc... They didn't have that look of surprise or exclamation Zod did when he learned he could fly and HV. Faora... Zod.. and Nam performed things before exposure like they knew they already could.

Of course it does... Superman's father goes out of his way to explain this... He mentions superman being stronger than he ever could've imagined. He even mentions the YEARS of being exposed to the sun has strengthened and hardened his muscles. So yes, long term exposure was clearly beneficial to him and this is made clear by the conversation with his dad.

Know he didn't casually do anything. should I bring up how Faora was casually treating superman like a weak feeb before Nam did? Faora was treating superman like a feeb much more so than Superman ever did to Nam. Yeah superman briefly took nam out o fthe fight... but did you miss the part right before where they were battling back and further to a near standstill? Did you miss the part where Nam then "casually" takes superman out with the train? Did you miss the part where Nam KO'd superman ? Nothing about that fight was casual... unless you're referring to the kryptonians and what they did to Kal

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wut?

It was not designed to destroy the city. It was designed to make the planet Krypton.. The destruction of man made structures was a secondary effect. As Zod stated Krypton was going to be built on the ashes of earth...the city was being turned to ash.

YOU mentioned the city being destroyed as if it was the least bit impressive. I'm pointing out it wasn't impressive, nor was the city destroyed. Simple.

Robtard

KuRuPT Thanosi

Robtard
That post didn't refute what I said.

Edit: It should also be noted that the only time any of the Kryptonians lost their powers (while in our solar system) was while they were under an artificial red sun, inside Zod's flagship.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Of course it did... Faora.. Zod and Nam were all doing stuff they KNEW they could do.. They weren't surprised in the least they could. The director went out of his way to explain when things were a surprised and didn't think they could do. This is shown with Superman and Zod... he clearly knows how to illustrate this point. Faora and Nam.. Jumping and speed were already present this did them casually as if they knew they could. Which of course makes sense since we know Kryptonians naturally have super powers.. not just when on earth like you seem to believe.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Edit: It should also be noted that the only time any of the Kryptonians lost their powers (while in our solar system) was while they were under an artificial red sun, inside Zod's flagship.

Which should further clue you in... Once they are removed from a red sun they ALREADY HAVE ABILITIES AND POWERS. Period. This is why they seemed human level on Krypton.. because it was a near a red sun. once they were sent to the phantom zone and removed from the situation and set out on their quest for Kal... Their powers would've returned and abilities gained back. This is indisputable. They simply would've gotten more powers being near a younger yellow sun.

Robtard
Of course it did... Faora.. Zod and Nam were all doing stuff they KNEW they could do.. They weren't surprised in the least they could. The director went out of his way to explain when things were a surprised and didn't think they could do. This is shown with Superman and Zod... he clearly knows how to illustrate this point. Faora and Nam.. Jumping and speed were already present this did them casually as if they knew they could. Which of course makes sense since we know Kryptonians naturally have super powers.. not just when on earth like you seem to believe.

I feel like you're arguing against something I'm not saying here. I know Kryptonians were (at least some of them, eg Jor-El for certain) aware that their bodies possess massive potential due to their biology/solar cells

Which should further clue you in... Once they are removed from a red sun they ALREADY HAVE ABILITIES AND POWERS. Period. This is why they seemed human level on Krypton.. because it was a near a red sun. once they were sent to the phantom zone and removed from the situation and set out on their quest for Kal... Their powers would've returned and abilities gained back. This is indisputable. They simply would've gotten more powers being near a younger yellow sun.

Again, feel like you're arguing against something I'm not saying. But it's clear that being under a yellow sun is what fuels them. If they're out in space and have no direct contact to yellow sun radiation, no powers to be had. It seems like you're looking at it from a: "they always have powers unless under a red sun", which isn't the case, yellow sun radiation is the key; film Wiki supports this.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I feel like you're arguing against something I'm not saying here. I know Kryptonians were (at least some of them, eg Jor-El for certain) aware that their bodies possess massive potential due to their biology/solar cells

Again, feel like you're arguing against something I'm not saying. But it's clear that being under a yellow sun is what fuels them. If they're out in space and have no direct contact to yellow sun radiation, no powers to be had. It seems like you're looking at it from a: "they always have powers unless under a red sun", which isn't the case, yellow sun radiation is the key; film Wiki supports this.

Of course they have powers without being near a yellow sun.. Their powers are just enhanced under a yellow sun. You think when superman travels all over the solar system he's always in contact with a yellow sun? Not in the least.. but that doesn't stop him from Flying or doing things beyond our comprehension. He's just further enhanced with prolonged exposure. Point is, the director went out of his way to show the situation where they were surprised they could do something. He illustrated them. With Faora speed.. jumping along with Nam strength etc etc.. The directed clearly showed us they weren't the least bit surprised they could do them and it had nothing to do with being near a yellow sun. Their suits were protecting them from exposure. Something the director also went out of his way to present. I'm just confused how you could miss these clearly presentations that are slapping you in the face.

Time Immemorial
I swear people don't understand the movies the watch.

Robtard
You're looking at it from a comic angle now, Clark keeps his powers when not in direct contact to yellow sun radiation since his body can store the energy like a battery, but he will eventually need to recharge.

Film version, they need to be in direct contact to yellow sun radiation (YSR), at least from what we've seen. I wouldn't be surprised if Clark becomes a solar-battery like his comic counterpart in future films

Again, Zod and crew weren't surprised YSR gave them powers since it was knowledge Krypton previously had and Zod being general of the planet would likely have been privy to that knowledge. Jor-El comments to his wife "how?", when she mentions that humans would tried and kill Kal out of fear. Meaning Jor-El knew what YSR would do to Kal's biology

The suits did nothing to prevent solar radiation absorption, this is why they were powered, it did prevent sensory overload though

Here:

"Kryptonians within their natural environment are known to be as weak as a Human and are known to live within an atmosphere that would kill any Human, unless that Human is wearing a Breather. Kryptonians are also known to possess natural solar cells that allow them to process solar energy, which is what fuels their powers."

&

Under their native Red sun, Kryptonians possess physical attributes similar to normal Humans. However, when exposed to solar radiation from a Yellow sun, Kryptonians gain superhuman abilities that greatly surpass those of humans and even most superhumans: DC Film Wiki

Notice it doesn't say: "Kryptonians have powers everywhere except under a red sun", as you seem to think

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're looking at it from a comic angle now, Clark keeps his powers when not in direct contact to yellow sun radiation since his body can store the energy like a battery, but he will eventually need to recharge.

Film version, they need to be in direct contact to yellow sun radiation (YSR), at least from what we've seen. I wouldn't be surprised if Clark becomes a solar-battery like his comic counterpart in future films

Again, Zod and crew weren't surprised YSR gave them powers since it was knowledge Krypton previously had and Zod being general of the planet would likely have been privy to that knowledge. Jor-El comments to his wife "how?", when she mentions that humans would tried and kill Kal out of fear. Meaning Jor-El knew what YSR would do to Kal's biology

The suits did nothing to prevent solar radiation absorption, this is why they were powered, it did prevent sensory overload though

Here:

"Kryptonians within their natural environment are known to be as weak as a Human and are known to live within an atmosphere that would kill any Human, unless that Human is wearing a Breather. Kryptonians are also known to possess natural solar cells that allow them to process solar energy, which is what fuels their powers."

&

Under their native Red sun, Kryptonians possess physical attributes similar to normal Humans. However, when exposed to solar radiation from a Yellow sun, Kryptonians gain superhuman abilities that greatly surpass those of humans and even most superhumans: DC Film Wiki

Notice it doesn't say: "Kryptonians have powers everywhere except under a red sun", as you seem to think

The comic books are what these characters are based on... That is THE medium to look to when understanding their nature and history. no they don't have to be directly near a yellow sun to have those powers. They get MORE powers being near a yellow sun and it enhances them further. I'm not disputing this. You seem to believe they are weak without a yellow sun and that just isn't so. Look at what you just posted.. a red sun WEAKENS THEM... If you get weakened you obviously and clearly were stronger before the weakening took place. If they were just naturally this way than a red sun wouldn't have a negative effect at all. Yet it clearly does. Thus illustrating the point that the red sun is what weakened them.. once they are removed from that environment they will naturally be stronger and have abilities that aren't be suppressed. Obviously a yellow sun will give them more powers, but the red sun is what weakened them to that level, they are just normally that way.

You literally have NO basis or proof to say the suits didn't prevent this. It goes against the CLEAR presentation of the director. He clearly showed that the suits were protecting them. You believe it only protected them from exposure.. You have nothing to base this on. Do tell me how they were getting exposure and radiation to their cells when ever inch of their body was covered with a battle suit. Once the top part of their suit was compromised.. they were getting all the exposure. Prior to that you have no proof in the least that they were gaining solar radiation while totally covered in a battle suit.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I swear people don't understand the movies the watch.

Funny enough, you should pay more attention to the movie you're watching.. Good call Time

Robtard
The comic books are what these characters are based on... That is THE medium to look to when understanding their nature and history. no they don't have to be directly near a yellow sun to have those powers. They get MORE powers being near a yellow sun and it enhances them further. I'm not disputing this. You seem to believe they are weak without a yellow sun and that just isn't so. Look at what you just posted.. a red sun WEAKENS THEM... If you get weakened you obviously and clearly were stronger before the weakening took place. If they were just naturally this way than a red sun wouldn't have a negative effect at all. Yet it clearly does. Thus illustrating the point that the red sun is what weakened them.. once they are removed from that environment they will naturally be stronger and have abilities that aren't be suppressed. Obviously a yellow sun will give them more powers, but the red sun is what weakened them to that level, they are just normally that way.

You literally have NO basis or proof to say the suits didn't prevent this. It goes against the CLEAR presentation of the director. He clearly showed that the suits were protecting them. You believe it only protected them from exposure.. You have nothing to base this on. Do tell me how they were getting exposure and radiation to their cells when ever inch of their body was covered with a battle suit. Once the top part of their suit was compromised.. they were getting all the exposure. Prior to that you have no proof in the least that they were gaining solar radiation while totally covered in a battle suit.

The comics support that YSR is what gives Superman his powers too and if denied access to YSR, he will slowly lose his powers. But movies don't always strictly follow the comics

They're "weak as humans" on Krypton due to not having access to any YSR. This is very direct: "when exposed to solar radiation from a Yellow sun, Kryptonians gain superhuman abilities" & "possess natural solar cells that allow them to process solar energy, which is what fuels their powers." it's clear YSR is the key

I do, the film. They're wearing suits and when they're exposed to YSR, they gain powers regardless of the suit.

Mindset
Honestly, I would win.

But with just the people in this thread, I'll go with whoever Robtard said.

Time Immemorial
Funny enough, you should pay more attention to the movie you're watching.. Good call Time

Considering you think the suits directly stop them from absorbing solar energy when the movie directly contradicts this, you need to watch it again.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Considering you think the suits directly stop them from absorbing solar energy when the movie directly contradicts this, you need to watch it again.

Do tell when this was directly contradicted.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The comics support that YSR is what gives Superman his powers too and if denied access to YSR, he will slowly lose his powers. But movies don't always strictly follow the comics

They're "weak as humans" on Krypton due to not having access to any YSR. This is very direct: "when exposed to solar radiation from a Yellow sun, Kryptonians gain superhuman abilities" & "possess natural solar cells that allow them to process solar energy, which is what fuels their powers." it's clear YSR is the key

I do, the film. They're wearing suits and when they're exposed to YSR, they gain powers regardless of the suit.

I'm curious... Do you NOT know that Red sun weakens kryptonians? Are you not aware of this fact. So them having human level of powers on their NATIVE world (which is near a red sun) is BECAUSE of the red sun. That is EXACTLY why they are weakened. I'm starting to think you don't some basic facts about kryptonians. Once you remove them from what's is weakening them... they would naturally gain back power and strength.. are you denying this fact?

Robtard
I'm curious... Do you NOT know that Red sun weakens kryptonians? Are you not aware of this fact. So them having human level of powers on their NATIVE world (which is near a red sun) is BECAUSE of the red sun. That is EXACTLY why they are weakened. I'm starting to think you don't some basic facts about kryptonians. Once you remove them from what's is weakening them... they would naturally gain back power and strength.. are you denying this fact?

Let me make sure I am understanding you correctly: You think that Krptonians are naturally super-powered and that Red Solar radiation robs them of these inherent powers?

Instead of: They're non-powered beings, but gain powers when they absorb yellow solar radiation

KuRuPT Thanosi
Let me make sure I am understanding you correctly: You think that Krptonians are naturally super-powered and that Red Solar radiation robs them of these inherent powers?

Instead of: They're non-powered beings, but gain powers when they absorb yellow solar radiation

Kinda, what I'm saying is... growing up under a red sun their ENTIRE lives has naturally and rightly so weakened them. Red sun is bad for them. I would be like us living near a nuclear waste land our entire lives... making us weaker and more vulnerable to things in such a state. Same thing here. If they were at a place NOT being weakened constantly they would have super powers and be able to do things well beyond what a human could do. However, when near a younger yellow sun... they will gain even more powers and become even more powerful.

Time Immemorial
Do tell when this was directly contradicted.

It was not, the gained powers as soon as they entered our solar system. Regardless of the suits.

Robtard
Kinda, what I'm saying is... growing up under a red sun their ENTIRE lives has naturally and rightly so weakened them. Red sun is bad for them. I would be like us living near a nuclear waste land our entire lives... making us weaker and more vulnerable to things in such a state. Same thing here. If they were at a place NOT being weakened constantly they would have super powers and be able to do things well beyond what a human could do. However, when near a younger yellow sun... they will gain even more powers and become even more powerful.

This isn't supported by the comics, while Superman's powers and the source of his powers have changed since the very beginning, for many decades now its been canon that "yellow solar radiation" is what powers him; without it, he is powerless. Red Solar radiation isn't "bad" for Kryptonians, it just doesn't grant them abilities.

Regular Superman wiki:

The source of Superman's powers has changed subtly over the course of his history. It was originally stated that Superman's abilities derived from his Kryptonian heritage, which made him eons more evolved than humans. This was soon amended, with the source for the powers now based upon the establishment of Krypton's gravity as having been stronger than that of the Earth. This situation mirrors that of Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter. As Superman's powers increased, the implication that all Kryptonians had possessed the same abilities became problematic for writers, making it doubtful that a race of such beings could have been wiped out by something as trifling as an exploding planet. In part to counter this, the Superman writers established that Kryptonians, whose native star Rao had been red, possessed superpowers only under the light of a yellow sun.

DC Comic Wikia:

Wanting him to reclaim the fullness in life denied him by the sterility of Kryptonian culture, his parents sent him to Earth, where exposure to the yellow sunlight would charge his cells into living solar batteries and gift him with incredible powers.

Superman Wikia:

When the Superman character was revised by John Byrne shortly after Crisis on Infinite Earths, it was decided to place restrictions on his abilities. This was designed to make it easier for writers to come up with suitable challenges for the hero, and to eliminate or reduce those powers that had become too sensational or unbelievable for modern audiences. Emphasis was placed on yellow sun energy as a source for the character's powers. Superman's origin story was altered so that his powers developed gradually as his body absorbed yellow sunlight, and stories such as the Final Night series depicted the character gradually losing his powers when deprived of the sun's energy. When Superman's reserves of solar energy were depleted, as in Infinite Crisis or the Death of Superman story arcs, he required an extended period of time under a yellow sun, or some type of artificial solar enhancement in order to recharge.

The film MoS follows this for the most part.

Psychotron
Were you even watching the movie? Of course it was stopping it.. Why do you think they were just fine.. until they were exposed... Then Faora and Zod both experienced serious issues and couldn't keep all of it out. So yes, their suit was preventing a lot, if not all exposure to them. This is further illustrated by Zod getting powers once he was exposed... Learning to fly.. HV vision etc etc. That was a direct result of being exposed

Jesus Christ, are you serious? Did you even pay attention? Their suits were filtering out the atmosphere, not sun light. Sun light gave them their strength and speed, the air gave them the rest. They even made a point of showing Superman being depowered by Kryptonian atmosphere on the ship.

TheGrat1

Rio De Janeiro to even the Southern border of Guatemala is around 3,800-3,900 miles. Hulk to have done that trip in a single night means his long jumps are many, many miles long.

That doesn't relate to jumping strength. I don't remember exactly, but did they show Hulk jumping all night? Let alone miles at a time? All Rob's quote shows us is that Hulk can traverse 3,800-3,900 miles in, what?, 7 hours? That means he can maintain an Average velocity of 557 miles per hour. It tells us nothing about his jumping distance. Hell, he could have been running half the time. And considering he has never done anything close to that in either IH or Avengers, "many, many miles long" jumps is (pardon the pun) a huge leap. If he was really capable of that, why bother parkouring your way out of Harlem, or jump off of other buildings to reach rooftops?

Like I said: Hulk's best on screen vertical jumping feat is gaining 800-900 feet of altitude, whilst Kal was well over a mile. Mile = 5,280 feet.

The leviathans were casually tearing up buildings by brushing against them. Falling unto a building is not quite the same as flying into it with intent. I have no doubt that had a leviathan flown straight down into a building that it'd have no trouble decimating the whole thing.

I do. Skyscrapers are meant to bear weight vertically, not horizontally. Extra compression from the top would have to overload the structures ability to bear it. The best speed we saw from a levy was 40-50 mph. The falling levy was 35-40, and the building held. Just a few hits from the World Engine collapsed buildings, and those were the spread out waves. Kal was being hit with a concentrated version those pulses dozens of times per second (you can see the ripples on his face), and was still strong enough to stay on his feet. All while being weakened no less.

ares834
thumb up

Superman merely standing up under the World Engine is a better strength feat then Hulk ever performed. It's also worth noting that the Engine didn't merely tear down the building, but those at ground zero were completely crushed into a flat.

TheGrat1
Let me clear all this bullshit about exposure and powers up:

Where the abilities come from: They only get superkryptonian abilities from exposure to a young star (yellow, and presumably, blue/whatever color gives the super powers in the comics). Even on board Black Zero they had them. Evidence: Exhibit A: Kryptonians were being shot by Lois (with the same gun that killed a council member earlier) and hit hard by doors, yet they were fine later.

The Armor: The armor limits little, if any exposure to solar radiation. It's the mask that is the key to them being limited. The mask keeps them breathing an artificial version of native Kryptonian atmosphere, which is "less nourishing" than Earth's. Essentially: Krypton's harsh air inhibits super powers, whereas Earth's nurtures them. Evidence: Exhibit A: Kal-EL being weaker/completely depowered around kryptonian atmosphere, because he wasn't used to it. Exhibit B: Zod's initial exposure to our atmosphere left him overwhelmed by heightened senses that seemed to be activating on their own. It is easier to go from Krypton to Earth than vice versa. The native Kryptonians were not inhibited by their atmosphere simply because they had adapted to it. When Zod discarded his mask and mentally managed his exposure to our atmosphere, our air immediately began to nurture two underdeveloped abilities: heat vision and flight.

Kal-El's prolonged exposure: It is true that Kal was absorbing solar radiation for longer than the others, and it is likely due to that that he possesses such a physique despite likely doing no exercise or pushing himself, and his ability to fight them despite being untrained (he was more familiar his abilities). However, it is flawed to think that longer exposure automatically = more power. A Kryptonian's body, as I understand it, is like a solar battery. After a while a battery simply cannot be safely charged any further (sans sun-dipping, which we don't even know if MoS Kal is capable of yet). Zod's soldiers were within Earth's orbit for at least 20 hours before Faora took custody of Kal. They were being charged this entire time. It is reasonable to assume they were approaching Kal's level of pound-for-pound strength and speed this entire time, even under their atmosphere.

theTANTALIZER
Hulk never beat Thor in a fight. Even Hulk's strongest punches never even bruised Goldilocks's face in Avengers. As in durability Hulk and Thor can can hand with Supes.

Time Immemorial
Jesus Christ, are you serious? Did you even pay attention? Their suits were filtering out the atmosphere, not sun light. Sun light gave them their strength and speed, the air gave them the rest. They even made a point of showing Superman being depowered by Kryptonian atmosphere on the ship.

KT missed the part where Jor El told him how earhs sun and atmosphere and gravity all gave him his powers.

KT is under the impression that its just the sun that gave him his powers and thinks the suits blocked them. When actually they did not, trolling at its finest unless he did not understand the movie at all.

TheGrat1
Originally posted by theTANTALIZER
Hulk never beat Thor in a fight. Even Hulk's strongest punches never even bruised Goldilocks's face in Avengers. As in durability Hulk and Thor can can hand with Supes.

The first punch Hulk landed on Thor gave him a bloody nose.

Time Immemorial
The first punch Hulk landed on Thor gave him a bloody nose.

Was there even blood?

Min 1:34

4EVpy_2s73Y

ares834
Yes. Right before he wipes his nose we clearly see blood.

Robtard
Thor wipes the blood, looks at it on his hand and smiles, basically thinking "ah, a real fight".

Time Immemorial
Thor wipes the blood, looks at it on his hand and smiles, basically thinking "ah, a worthy foe".

Go figure they make it less bloody.

Robtard
Thor's extremely durable, makes sense Hulk wouldn't crack open his face with a single punch

KuRuPT Thanosi
Let me clear all this bullshit about exposure and powers up:

Where the abilities come from: They only get superkryptonian abilities from exposure to a young star (yellow, and presumably, blue/whatever color gives the super powers in the comics). Even on board Black Zero they had them. Evidence: Exhibit A: Kryptonians were being shot by Lois (with the same gun that killed a council member earlier) and hit hard by doors, yet they were fine later.

The Armor: The armor limits little, if any exposure to solar radiation. It's the mask that is the key to them being limited. The mask keeps them breathing an artificial version of native Kryptonian atmosphere, which is "less nourishing" than Earth's. Essentially: Krypton's harsh air inhibits super powers, whereas Earth's nurtures them. Evidence: Exhibit A: Kal-EL being weaker/completely depowered around kryptonian atmosphere, because he wasn't used to it. Exhibit B: Zod's initial exposure to our atmosphere left him overwhelmed by heightened senses that seemed to be activating on their own. It is easier to go from Krypton to Earth than vice versa. The native Kryptonians were not inhibited by their atmosphere simply because they had adapted to it. When Zod discarded his mask and mentally managed his exposure to our atmosphere, our air immediately began to nurture two underdeveloped abilities: heat vision and flight.

Kal-El's prolonged exposure: It is true that Kal was absorbing solar radiation for longer than the others, and it is likely due to that that he possesses such a physique despite likely doing no exercise or pushing himself, and his ability to fight them despite being untrained (he was more familiar his abilities). However, it is flawed to think that longer exposure automatically = more power. A Kryptonian's body, as I understand it, is like a solar battery. After a while a battery simply cannot be safely charged any further (sans sun-dipping, which we don't even know if MoS Kal is capable of yet). Zod's soldiers were within Earth's orbit for at least 20 hours before Faora took custody of Kal. They were being charged this entire time. It is reasonable to assume they were approaching Kal's level of pound-for-pound strength and speed this entire time, even under their atmosphere.

Point is... the suits and masks were liming their exposure to earth benefits and yet they were still able to keep up with superman who had been absorbing them since a young child.

Jor-El goes out of his way to say that the PROLONGED exposure has benefited Kal and he'd become stronger than he could ever imagine. He even says the YEARS. So yes, prolonged exposure has benefited him

Psychotron
I don't remember Jor-El saying anything like that. All he said was "Earth's sun is much younger, your cells have have drunken it's radiation" or something like that.

Time Immemorial
Point is... the suits and masks were liming their exposure to earth benefits and yet they were still able to keep up with superman who had been absorbing them since a young child.

Jor-El goes out of his way to say that the PROLONGED exposure has benefited Kal and he'd become stronger than he could ever imagine. He even says the YEARS. So yes, prolonged exposure has benefited him

He never said that. Quit lying..

Robtard
Lines from the film:

"Earth's sun is younger and brighter than Krypton's was. Your cells have drunk in its radiation, strengthening your muscles, your skin, your senses. Earth's gravity is weaker, yet its atmosphere is more nourishing. You've grown stronger here than I ever could have imagined. The only way to know how strong, is to keep testing your limits." - Jor-El MoS

Khazra Reborn
Thor and Hulk seemed pretty damn close, Kurse is definitely above both of them, and Superman is the strongest.

Time Immemorial
Lines from the film:

"Earth's sun is younger and brighter than Krypton's was. Your cells have drunk in its radiation, strengthening your muscles, your skin, your senses. Earth's gravity is weaker, yet its atmosphere is more nourishing. You've grown stronger here than I ever could have imagined. The only way to know how strong, is to keep testing your limits." - Jor-El MoS

KT likes to lie and misrepresent characters.

KuRuPT Thanosi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k

He says he's grown stronger than he ever could've imagined. He mentions his cells drinking the sun's radiation. He doesn't say years, but we know he's been here for years.. so that is undoubtedly true.

Robtard
And despite having 33 years of exposure, he only learned to fly/full potential a couple days before Zod.

So in MoS, it has more to do with learning how to master the energy/powers than it has time exposed (which the suits do nothing to stop YSR exposure). Zod pretty much confirms just this when he monologues:

"I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train? ON A FARM?" -Zod

Time Immemorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlINHSnUx9k

He says he's grown stronger than he ever could've imagined. He mentions his cells drinking the sun's radiation. He doesn't say years, but we know he's been here for years.. so that is undoubtedly true.

So he didn't say which you claim. And your assuming something that he never said..

KuRuPT Thanosi
So he didn't say which you claim. And your assuming something that he never said..

Ummm he said exactly what I said... the stronger than I could've possible imagined... etc etc.. He just didn't say years... He doesn't have 2... he's been there for years.. that's a given

KuRuPT Thanosi
And despite having 33 years of exposure, he only learned to fly/full potential a couple days before Zod.

So in MoS, it has more to do with learning how to master the energy/powers than it has time exposed (which the suits do nothing to stop YSR exposure). Zod pretty much confirms just this when he monologues:

"I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train? ON A FARM?" -Zod

The suits and mask had EVERYTHING to do with stopping exposure. Like the post on the top of the page illustrates. The suits and masks were preventing exposure. The director went out of his way to illustrate this point and showing Zod and Faora exposed and what that looked like for the first time. He oouldn't have been more clear. Just like he was clear when Zod learned he could do something new... i.e. HV vision and flying. All the stuff prior... speed... strength.. jumping were not shown to be a surprise in anyway. They were a given.. they were expected once they were removed from an environment making them weaker. Once you're removed from an environment constantly making you weaker... you get stronger... common sense and logic dictates that.

Time Immemorial
The suits and mask had EVERYTHING to do with stopping exposure. Like the post on the top of the page illustrates. The suits and masks were preventing exposure. The director went out of his way to illustrate this point and showing Zod and Faora exposed and what that looked like for the first time. He oouldn't have been more clear. Just like he was clear when Zod learned he could do something new... i.e. HV vision and flying. All the stuff prior... speed... strength.. jumping were not shown to be a surprise in anyway. They were a given.. they were expected once they were removed from an environment making them weaker. Once you're removed from an environment constantly making you weaker... you get stronger... common sense and logic dictates that.

Zod learned how to access his heat vision anti gravity powers before he took his suit off. Watch the movie..

Robtard

Time Immemorial

KuRuPT Thanosi
Zod learned how to access his heat vision anti gravity powers before he took his suit off. Watch the movie..

Yes once he had his mask off for a sustained period of time... So he was no doubt absorbing radiation by that point. My contention is that when they had their mask on and armor... it wasn't coming through. did you watch the movie?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Psychotron
You have ZERO proof for your claims.. Like literally NONE. Prove they were powered up for the brief time they left their ship. Prove that the suit and mask weren't keep YSR out. You have zero proof for each of those claims

What we know is this

1. The suits were designed to keep out earth atmosphere.. The Atmosphere that Jor_El was going on about how important it was and how he's stronger than he could've ever imagined.

2. The director showed us what it was like once they removed their protection.. He went out of his way to slap us in the face with that

3. He also went out of his way to slap us with what it was like to learn new powers and to experience them for the first time. We see this with Zod and Superman. If he felt like the strength, speed and jumping Faora and Nam did were new he could've done so.. he didn't.

Lastly, and there is no getting around this proof it was the atmosphere that was nourishing. When superman was on his ship.. he couldn't even break free from the restraints. The RED SUN environment made him as weak as a human. Once the ATMOSPHERE was changed.. he broke free easily. YET HE WAS EXPOSED TO NO SUNLIGHT AT ALL. Let me say that again.. AT ALL. Yet he easily then broke free once he breathed a nourishing atmosphere. Proving how important the masks were and how it gave them powers when not using it. More powers. I'll accept your concession on this point now.

Jor-El directly stated on screen that it was the Sun's radiation that was strengthening Superman's muscles, not the atmosphere. The suits were preventing exposure to the foreign atmosphere, not the light. Once Zod learned how to focus his sense he had no trouble with the atmosphere.

Superman was depowered because his body had never adapted to the Kryptonian air, he was coughing violently and spitting blood ffs.

Robtard
You have ZERO proof for your claims.. Like literally NONE. Prove they were powered up for the brief time they left their ship. Prove that the suit and mask weren't keep YSR out. You have zero proof for each of those claims

What we know is this

1. The suits were designed to keep out earth atmosphere.. The Atmosphere that Jor_El was going on about how important it was and how he's stronger than he could've ever imagined.

2. The director showed us what it was like once they removed their protection.. He went out of his way to slap us in the face with that

3. He also went out of his way to slap us with what it was like to learn new powers and to experience them for the first time. We see this with Zod and Superman. If he felt like the strength, speed and jumping Faora and Nam did were new he could've done so.. he didn't.

Lastly, and there is no getting around this proof it was the atmosphere that was nourishing. When superman was on his ship.. he couldn't even break free from the restraints. The RED SUN environment made him as weak as a human. Once the ATMOSPHERE was changed.. he broke free easily. YET HE WAS EXPOSED TO NO SUNLIGHT AT ALL. Let me say that again.. AT ALL. Yet he easily then broke free once he breathed a nourishing atmosphere. Proving how important the masks were and how it gave them powers when not using it. More powers. I'll accept your concession on this point now.

Like talking to a brick wall. Asking for proof of what we explicitly are shown. We'll, let us see. They leave Zod's ship where they are not powered up, land on Earth, are here for a short time and Nam-Ek and Faora are powerful enough to trade blows with Superman, who has been on Earth for 33 years. <--- Proven for a 3rd time now btw

The proof is that YSR is what gives them powers(This is basic Superman knowledge btw. which I showed you). So if the suits blocked YSR, they wouldn't be super-powered. This is not a hard thing to grasp.

Radiation can pass through solid objects. Explain how Superman/Zod have powers in outer space if Earth's environment is what empowers them and not YSR?

I do hope you're just trollololing and really are not this stubborn irl.

Time Immemorial
Yes once he had his mask off for a sustained period of time... So he was no doubt absorbing radiation by that point. My contention is that when they had their mask on and armor... it wasn't coming through. did you watch the movie?

Except it was coming through. Obviously Zod wasn't gonna be an idiot and shoot HV through his mask..common sense.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Like talking to a brick wall. Asking for proof of what we explicitly are shown. We'll, let us see. They leave Zod's ship where they are not powered up, land on Earth, are here for a short time and Nam-Ek and Faora are powerful enough to trade blows with Superman, who has been on Earth for 33 years. <--- Proven for a 3rd time now btw

The proof is that YSR is what gives them powers(This is basic Superman knowledge btw. which I showed you). So if the suits blocked YSR, they wouldn't be super-powered. This is not a hard thing to grasp.

Radiation can pass through solid objects. Explain how Superman/Zod have powers in outer space if Earth's environment is what empowers them and not YSR?

I do hope you're just trollololing and really are not this stubborn irl.

You totally and completely didn't address how superman was totally depowered being in contact with a red sun atmosphere.. then after experiencing earth atmosphere and WITH NO SUNLIGHT.. he was immediately able to break the cuffs. That proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the atmosphere plays a HUGE role in the nourishment and giving them powers. He got NO sunlight AT ALL and yet was powered back up instantly once he breathed earth atmosphere.

You have ZERO proof they weren't powered up... That is a total and complete lie. You have ZERO proof that they couldn't jump and use their speed normally just as that. All you saw of them before that were other kryptonians IN A WEAKENED STATE on Krypton. You saying they weren't able to do those things before ISN'T PROOF. We see beyond a shadow of a doubt they get powered up via the atmosphere... just like superman did once he breathed earth's air.

You have no idea about basic superman knowledge AT ALL. If you did, you would know that all kryptonians as originally written all had powers. Them being rectonned over the years is just that a rectonned that can continue to change. As originally written they all have powers JUST LIKE I SAID and clearly you were unaware of

These aren't just solid objects though are they. They are suits developed by an advanced civilization to keep out other atmospheres and the environment. Yet, you think keep YSR was beyond them to keep out.. Please.

Now either address the first paragraph or I'll accept your concession. Superman was depowered totally and unable to free himself because he was weakened via Red Sun.. Once he breathed earth's atmosphere he was able to INSTATNLY break free and yet had no yellow sun to absorb. That is what you call proof... you haven't listed one thing yet that is actual proof.. only your opinion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Jor-El directly stated on screen that it was the Sun's radiation that was strengthening Superman's muscles, not the atmosphere. The suits were preventing exposure to the foreign atmosphere, not the light. Once Zod learned how to focus his sense he had no trouble with the atmosphere.

Superman was depowered because his body had never adapted to the Kryptonian air, he was coughing violently and spitting blood ffs.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Jor-El EXPLICTLY states that the earth atmosphere is nourishing. he wasn't exposed to ANY sunlight ONLY earth atmosphere and INSANTLY broke free. That proves it had more to do with atmosphere, or at the very least, a lot to do with atmosphere. It couldn't be any more clear. To deny that scene is just being obtuse to be obtuse. The atmosphere had a great deal to do with their powers. Guess what.. they were wearing masks the entire time and still able to do stuff. ONLY after Zod was without a mask and breathing the earth atmosphere was he able to get even more powers.

FrothByte
How about that. I leave this discussion for a few days and now it's completely derailed. Not worth getting back in to the debate.

Robtard

KuRuPT Thanosi

Time Immemorial

Robtard
Ha, I said "Louis" and not "Lois".

KuRuPT Thanosi
He wont address the points he just keeps making up his own claims that don't represent movie facts.

I'm the only one who has given proof... There is no getting around the atmosphere scene on Zod's ship. The director couldn't have been more clear. The atmosphere plays a HUGE rule in their powers As soon as he breathed earth's air... He broke free.. Before that.. the Red Sun Environment completely weakened him to human levels. Which is just as I said... Kryptonians were weakened on Krypton and constantly in an environment the opposite of nurturing.. it was weakening

Time Immemorial
I'm the only one who has given proof... There is no getting around the atmosphere scene on Zod's ship. The director couldn't have been more clear. The atmosphere plays a HUGE rule in their powers As soon as he breathed earth's air... He broke free.. Before that.. the Red Sun Environment completely weakened him to human levels. Which is just as I said... Kryptonians were weakened on Krypton and constantly in an environment the opposite of nurturing.. it was weakening

Ok so what you are saying is that they were strong race and the red sun was weakening them on their home world? Also when was he exposed to the red sun?

Psychotron
This couldn't be further from the truth. Jor-El EXPLICTLY states that the earth atmosphere is nourishing. he wasn't exposed to ANY sunlight ONLY earth atmosphere and INSANTLY broke free. That proves it had more to do with atmosphere, or at the very least, a lot to do with atmosphere. It couldn't be any more clear. To deny that scene is just being obtuse to be obtuse. The atmosphere had a great deal to do with their powers. Guess what.. they were wearing masks the entire time and still able to do stuff. ONLY after Zod was without a mask and breathing the earth atmosphere was he able to get even more powers.

Yes, it's nourishing, but before that he clearly states sun light is what gives Clark his physical strength, this is perfectly in-line with the comics. Superman's body is like a solar battery, he doesn't need to have constant sunlight, he doesn't lose his powers at night. No one's arguing that the Kryptonian atmosphere wasn't poisoning him, but it doesn't rob him of his powers fully. He smashed the World Engine despite breathing Kryptonian air, and the other Kryptonians weren't weakened by it at all. Superman's weakness is because his body never adapted to the shitty Kryptonian atmosphere, Zod makes that pretty clear. Superman wasn't wearing a mask, and yet it took him 33 years to learn how to fly, it didn't have anything to do with the air, it was a matter of skill and focus, the movie makes that painfully obvious.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes, it's nourishing, but before that he clearly states sun light is what gives Clark his physical strength, this is perfectly in-line with the comics. Superman's body is like a solar battery, he doesn't need to have constant sunlight, he doesn't lose his powers at night. No one's arguing that the Kryptonian atmosphere wasn't poisoning him, but it doesn't rob him of his powers fully. He smashed the World Engine despite breathing Kryptonian air, and the other Kryptonians weren't weakened by it at all. Superman's weakness is because his body never adapted to the shitty Kryptonian atmosphere, Zod makes that pretty clear. Superman wasn't wearing a mask, and yet it took him 33 years to learn how to fly, it didn't have anything to do with the air, it was a matter of skill and focus, the movie makes that painfully obvious.

that is totally and completely your pure conjecture. It CLEARLY does.. He couldn't break the handcuffs at all. He was as strong as a normal human. If he still had solar power... it would've been combating the Red Sun and he would've been able to break free of mere restraints. He couldn't. He was clearly severely weakened under a red sun atmosphere. AS SOON AS.. He breathed earth Atmosphere.... he instantly broke free.

Further, not one time in the movie was it mentioned that Superman is a solar battery. That is a comic book thing. So to use speculation about why something happened.. and base that on something that was never even said in the movies is a HUGE stretch.

It didn't take him 33 years to fly... He couldn't flown well before then.. He just never wanted to test his limits or feared to do so.

That's where you're totally wrong.. The world engine feat proves my point further. It was merely making the earth atmosphere likeKrypton.. but it clearly had a long way to go. He was obviously coughing and struggling with it.. but luckily he still had solar power to draw on.. The sun was still out. This shows that some clear atmosphere and solar power can combat Red Sun atmosphere poisoning. He was able to get the job done. When he had no solar energy to draw on or semi clear atmosphere to nourish him.. He couldn't even break free of cuffs.

Time Immemorial
He didn't have handcuffs on the ship, watch the movie...also he was never exposed to red sun.. You have literally shown you have no clue what you are talking about. Lmaolaughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi
He didn't have handcuffs on the ship, watch the movie...also he was never exposed to red sun.. You have literally shown you have no clue what you are talking about. Lmaolaughing out loud

He was restrained to the table by metal handcuff looking things. Did you even watch the movie? I said very clearly he was exposed to Red Sun atmosphere.. which he was... the Doctor even comments that on the ship he's as powerful as a human. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how important the atmosphere is and how much strength just that can give a kryptonian. He was INSTANTLY able to break free once he breathed earth's air.

Time Immemorial
He was restrained to the table by metal handcuff looking things. Did you even watch the movie? I said very clearly he was exposed to Red Sun atmosphere.. which he was... the Doctor even comments that on the ship he's as powerful as a human. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how important the atmosphere is and how much strength just that can give a kryptonian. He was INSTANTLY able to break free once he breathed earth's air.

Clearly. He was handcuffed on earth. With handcuffs. He was restrained on a table.

Anyways. The point I think you are trying to get across is Krptonians were very powerful people as far as DNA and genetics. However their environment weakened them to the strength of humans. On earth their genetics come out of hiding from our atmosphere, sun and gravity giving them god like powers.

We agree on that part.

Robtard
This is incorrect, they're not "weakened" on Krypton, they're just normal/without powers since their solar cells can't utilize/convert Red Solar Radiation to super-powers.

But as far as being on Zod's ship:

"You're wasting your efforts. The strength you derived from your exposure to the earth's sun has been neutralized on our ship. Here, in this environment, you're as weak as a human." -Jax-Ur

Not sure why the fact that Superman gains his powers from Yellow Solar Radiation is a hard thing to grasp.

KuRuPT Thanosi
This is incorrect, they're not "weakened" on Krypton, they're just normal/without powers since their solar cells can't utilize/convert Red Solar Radiation to super-powers.

But as far as being on Zod's ship:

"You're wasting your efforts. The strength you derived from your exposure to the earth's sun has been neutralized on our ship. Here, in this environment, you're as weak as a human." -Jax-Ur

Not sure why the fact that Superman gains his powers from Yellow Solar Radiation is a hard thing to grasp.

I've read vastly more superman comics than you even knew existed. Please spare me any talk about what I know about the character. I've never claimed he doesn't get power from the Sun. Show me any post where I say otherwise. What I'm saying is, Earth atmosphere is also very key to his strength. In a red sun atmosphere... He couldn't even break free and was as WEAK as a human. Upon breathing Earth atmosphere his strength INSTANTLY returned with NO exposure to Yellow Sun. There is NO getting around this canon fact. None.

You seem to be under the impression that unless a Kryptonian in near a yellow sun he's a basic human level. This couldn't be further from the truth, nor is that how the character was originated. The are weak as human on Krypton because of the atmosphere is severely limiting them. They can derive strength and power from an atmosphere alone as we see with Superman on Zod's ship. They don't need to be near a Yellow sun to have any powers. Atmosphere alone can grant them some. They just don't get their super super powers with Yellow Sun radiation. Kryptonians are naturally human level. They are human level LIVING under a red sun.. Why this is so hard to grasp is beyond me.

Robtard
Oh lordy, the "I've read more comics" rant(you clearly haven't). Jor-El said he would change the ship atmospherics to that of a humans, do you think that wouldn't include switching off the Red Solar Radiation so Kal would get his powers back when he previously told Kal how the Earth's sun empowered him?

We've already covered this, you were wrong then and you're wrong now. Yellow Solar Radiation is the key to their powers and has been canon for a very long time:

This isn't supported by the comics, while Superman's powers and the source of his powers have changed since the very beginning, for many decades now its been canon that "yellow solar radiation" is what powers him; without it, he is powerless. Red Solar radiation isn't "bad" for Kryptonians, it just doesn't grant them abilities.

Regular Superman wiki:

The source of Superman's powers has changed subtly over the course of his history. It was originally stated that Superman's abilities derived from his Kryptonian heritage, which made him eons more evolved than humans. This was soon amended, with the source for the powers now based upon the establishment of Krypton's gravity as having been stronger than that of the Earth. This situation mirrors that of Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter. As Superman's powers increased, the implication that all Kryptonians had possessed the same abilities became problematic for writers, making it doubtful that a race of such beings could have been wiped out by something as trifling as an exploding planet. In part to counter this, the Superman writers established that Kryptonians, whose native star Rao had been red, possessed superpowers only under the light of a yellow sun.

DC Comic Wikia:

Wanting him to reclaim the fullness in life denied him by the sterility of Kryptonian culture, his parents sent him to Earth, where exposure to the yellow sunlight would charge his cells into living solar batteries and gift him with incredible powers.

Superman Wikia:

When the Superman character was revised by John Byrne shortly after Crisis on Infinite Earths, it was decided to place restrictions on his abilities. This was designed to make it easier for writers to come up with suitable challenges for the hero, and to eliminate or reduce those powers that had become too sensational or unbelievable for modern audiences. Emphasis was placed on yellow sun energy as a source for the character's powers. Superman's origin story was altered so that his powers developed gradually as his body absorbed yellow sunlight, and stories such as the Final Night series depicted the character gradually losing his powers when deprived of the sun's energy. When Superman's reserves of solar energy were depleted, as in Infinite Crisis or the Death of Superman story arcs, he required an extended period of time under a yellow sun, or some type of artificial solar enhancement in order to recharge.

The film MoS follows this for the most part.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Oh lordy, the "I've read more comics" rant(you clearly haven't). Jor-El said he would change the ship atmospherics to that of a humans, do you think that wouldn't include switching off the Red Solar Radiation so Kal would get his powers back?

We've already covered this, you're wrong, Yellow Solar Radiation is the key to their powers and has been canon for a very long time:

This is movies only.. and we're talking about ReBoot Superman movie here. Now please post the passage in the movie that states Superman is like a Solar Battery?

HUH? What in the hell did you even say that made any kind of sense. He made the atmosphere like earth's .. and switched it from Krypton's. That's exactly what he did and why we KNOW atmosphere is a key to their strength and powers. This was made clear by the director slapping us in the face with that scene. Under a Red Sun Atmosphere he's like a human... with earth atmosphere (with no exposure to YSR) he immediately broke free. That's how key the atmosphere is to Superman. In case you didn't know... we're using the movie only.

Why are you bringing up the facts I ORIGINALLY brought up. you didn't even know Kryptonians were originally conceived. I brought that up. You going to confirm this and other rectons doesn't change the fact that I brought it up.

Time Immemorial
The yellow star is key to their powers the point is they have the power but it is dormant and inactive on their home world. Earths atmosphere, gravity and sun gives their body what it requires to become powerful. I think Jor El made it clear on earth he will be a god. Without his kryptonian genetics earths benefits would be useless.

Robtard
This is movies only..

LoL, dude. You're the one that brought in the comics:

Of course they have powers without being near a yellow sun.. Their powers are just enhanced under a yellow sun.

The comic books are what these characters are based on... That is THE medium to look to when understanding their nature and history

See, you did.

Now please post the passage in the movie that states Superman is like a Solar Battery?

LOL, already covered that too:

"Kryptonians are also known to possess natural solar cells that allow them to process solar energy, which is what fuels their powers."

"Under their native Red sun, Kryptonians possess physical attributes similar to normal Humans. However, when exposed to solar radiation from a Yellow sun, Kryptonians gain superhuman abilities that greatly surpass those of humans and even most superhumans: Link

HUH? What in the hell did you even say that made any kind of sense. He made the atmosphere like earth's .. and switched it from Krypton's. That's exactly what he did and why we KNOW atmosphere is a key to their strength and powers. This was made clear by the director slapping us in the face with that scene. Under a Red Sun Atmosphere he's like a human... with earth atmosphere (with no exposure to YSR) he immediately broke free. That's how key the atmosphere is to Superman. In case you didn't know... we're using the movie only.

Why are you bringing up the facts I ORIGINALLY brought up. you didn't even know Kryptonians were originally conceived. I brought that up. You going to confirm this and other rectons doesn't change the fact that I brought it up.

Because we know Kal/Krptonians under a Red Sun do not have powers; why Kal could be restrained.

LoL, pretending like I didn't know and you did. Lousy tactics.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course I brought it up.. Because I've always disagreed with the notion that comics or other mediums are totally thrown out the window and it's movies only. I've been very clear on this point. That said, I've been routinely overruled on this point time and time again. So I figured I would play by the rules and ask when this was stated in the movie wink Now please show the line.

You posting wiki quotes isn't proof. I'm asking for the line in the movie that states he's like a solar battery

Lastly, there is no getting around the indisputable evidence that atmosphere ALSO plays a key role in strength and powers of a kryptonian. As soon as he took a breath of earth atmosphere (while totally away from YSR) he instantly broke free. The scene couldn't be any more clear. YSR gives them even more powers i.e. HV.. sun dipping and strength etc.. However, via the movies earth atmosphere plays a key role as well.

Robtard
LoL, dude.

Blatantly ignoring that I posted direct movie quotes from Jor-El and Jax-Ur before and above. LoL

Already covered that above too. Unless you think Kal can have powers while under Red Solar Radiation (the ship) if he can breath in Earth's atmosphere? Which is another lol.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>