Dark Side Tournament Round 1: Lord Starkiller vs Darth Revan Reborn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
The non-canon DS versions of game characters face off in a new series to crown the strongest as ultimate Dark Lord:

Lord Starkiller vs Darth Revan Reborn

Arena: Emperor's Throne Room, Second Death Star.

Incarnations:
Lord Starkiller from Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition.
Darth Revan Reborn from the Dark Side ending of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.

Tournament Rules:

1.All-out, no amps.
2.ONLY Dark Side choice related events count as valid topics of discussion, canon Light Side choice related events will not count towards the final decision.
3.I will personally act as the judge to declare a winner in each round, the decision will be made through the best arguments and supporting evidence.
4.The made-up names I will use are totes cool.

Full list of Tournament Participants:

Lord Starkiller(TFU:USE)
Dark Jedi Exile(KOTOR2:TSL)
Darth Revan Reborn(KOTOR)
Emperor Slayer(SWTOR)
Child Slayer(SWTOR)
Darth Vader(ROTS:VG)

DarthAnt66
Awesome tournament. I always got the impression that Darth Revan Reborn would be more powerful then his canonical redeemed incarnation.

Zenwolf
Interesting using Infinity characters, some are pretty powerful despite their short appearances.

Oh if it helps folks, I did make a respect thread for both Darth Starkiller and Dark Apprentice on CV.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-darth-starkiller-dark-apprentice-respect-1627390/

ILS
Nice thread.

FreshestSlice
The fact that Leia can TK anything at all, let alone the Dark Clone, as the equivalent of a gimped ESB Luke is all the proof I need that TFU is ridiculous.

Selenial
Dark Jedi Exile is basically Nihilus, kinda stomps to be honest.

As for this actual thread, dark Galen has some impressive feats. A dark enraged Luke Skywalker produced crimson lightning, which was kinda impressive. His raw potential would probably have made that close to Sidious level if not higher, so honestly if Marek can Tutaminis that he can take Revan.

I don't see Dark Revan as being much more powerful than his canon incarnation, where Galen surely is.

Selenial
Also I liked the Child Slayer name tbh.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Selenial

As for this actual thread, dark Galen has some impressive feats. A dark enraged Luke Skywalker produced crimson lightning, which was kinda impressive. His raw potential would probably have made that close to Sidious level if not higher, so honestly if Marek can Tutaminis that he can take Revan.

I don't see Dark Revan as being much more powerful than his canon incarnation, where Galen surely is.

Infinites Luke was pretty powerful, he was able to block/absorb Starkiller's Lighting, blocking and using saber throw, tear off a door with TK, Force Push Starkiller clear across the hanger, TK close a Blast Door like nothing. As Fallen Luke, he was able to Force Repulse 3 Snowtroopers and use Force Lighting as ya said.

He was also trained by Obi-Wan's spirit. So...yeah, even Infinities Luke was pretty powerful.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial

Not on his scale. DS Exile is stronger than the regular one, because she killed and drained the Masters but I don't imagine thats a massive difference.

AncientPower
Thank you everyone but if we can, let's debate the current battle.

Who has better saber abilities? Who has greater command of the Dark Side? Who survives to make it to the finale?

DarthAnt66
Revan.

FreshestSlice
I believe we're trying to establish power levels and reach a collective consensus. And it's actually pretty refreshing compared to what we usually do here, honestly.

AncientPower
Ant, Want to make any argument for that? After-all that's how I'm deciding the winner.

Freshest, I was more talking about Exile talk, power level debating is fine.

DarthAnt66
Better feats and hype.

AncientPower
Perhaps, we'll see.

Fated Xtasy
IMO. Lord Starkiller has the saber edge. I'm inclined to give him the force edge, but that's only because of Revan's lack of force showings during Kotor. Unless I'm forgetting something which is highly unlikely(coughbullshitcough). That's just my two cents tho. Looking forward to the rest of the tourney. Awesome start big grin

DarthAnt66
@AP: Not really.

AncientPower
Ant, I would put on serious mode if you want Revan to win this thing, Fated's opinion I can imagine will be most popular.

ares834
At that point Vader was already heavily damaged.

Lord Starkiller was ridiculous though. Even able to kill Spirit Kenobi (lol).

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
Ant, I would put on serious mode if you want Revan to win this thing, Fated's opinion I can imagine will be most popular.
My mere presence alone gives Revan a win.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
Even able to kill Spirit Kenobi (lol).
And Revan killed Ajunta Pall's Spirit. *shrugs*

Nephthys
No he didn't, he redeemed him.

DarthAnt66
:facepalm: This is Dark Side Tournament, broski.
Still love you though.

Nephthys
Pfft, I thought this was Darth Revan Reborn as in his recent Swtor self. In that case this isn't even a contest, he gets stomped by Starkiller.

DarthAnt66
I thought that at first too, the title was misleading. I suggest to refer to Dark Revan from SWTOR as Resurrected Revan, tbh.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Pfft, I thought this was Darth Revan Reborn as in his recent Swtor self. In that case this isn't even a contest, he gets stomped by Starkiller.
Starkiller and a more powerful version of him got TK'd by plebs, though.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Starkiller and a more powerful version of him got TK'd by plebs, though.

Starkiller faced a pleb?...Say wha?

Luke was shown to be pretty powerful ya know.

At any rate, I'm giving the Force edge and perhaps saber edge to, to Starkiller. I don't recall any of Darth Revan's feats, that would rival of holding the Millennium Falcon via TK as it was using it's full engine power to escape.

ares834
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
And Revan killed Ajunta Pall's Spirit. *shrugs*

Force ghosts seem to operate very differently than Sith Spirits though.

DarthAnt66

ares834
Nah. "More powerful than you can possibly imagine" and all that.

Anyway, I merely brought it up because its freakin ridiculous and basically shits all over the OT.

Zenwolf

Anyway, I merely brought it up because its freakin ridiculous and basically shits all over the OT.

Well it was an Infinities storyline, so I don't see how it really shits all over the OT. :P

DarthAnt66

They aren't referring to power in the terms of battle though with statements like that.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Starkiller faced a pleb?...Say wha?

Luke was shown to be pretty powerful ya know.

At any rate, I'm giving the Force edge and perhaps saber edge to, to Starkiller. I don't recall any of Darth Revan's feats, that would rival of holding the Millennium Falcon via TK as it was using it's full engine power to escape.
Luke isn't among the powerhouses by the time TFU happens, or in the time of ESB-RotJ when Darth Starkiller attacks Hoth, and neither is Leia. It's an exaggerated medium. That's the point. Kota can tear apart a space station, and yet gets smacked down by a pre-prime Marek.

ares834
Well it was an Infinities storyline, so I don't see how it really shits all over the OT. :P

Makes no sense.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Luke isn't among the powerhouses by the time TFU happens, or in the time of ESB-RotJ when Darth Starkiller attacks Hoth, and neither is Leia. It's an exaggerated medium. That's the point. Kota can tear apart a space station, and yet gets smacked down by a pre-prime Marek.

How do you know that? It's a different timeline and Luke was shown to be rather powerful, perhaps not a powerhouse by what you're thinking of, but he has some impressive showings.

Kota didn't really get smacked down at all really, they had kinda a nice fight.

FreshestSlice
How do you know that? It's a different timeline and Luke was shown to be rather powerful, perhaps not a powerhouse by what you're thinking of, but he has some impressive showings.

And for me, having showings without results means absolute shit, especially in the Forced Unleashed.

He got his shit stomped in, and it really doesn't matter. This is a Starkiller fresh out of training and well before his prime.

DarthAnt66
luv u freshest

Revanchiste
I don't like 3.0 Revan but Thiz Revan kick hiz azz !!!

AncientPower
So who would take a majority in a duel?

Fated Xtasy
Personally, I'd say Starkiller. If we look at lord Starkiller's feats, we see he beats ANH Obi-Wan, who contended on equal footing with Vader, he's beaten one of the most renowned and skilled duelist of the CW era(with difficulty. a friend of mine tells me SK had an advantage in this fight though) he beat Kota, Maris and Kazdan Paratus while the last two aren't that skilled their not below average. beating ANH Obi-Wan alone gives him a distinct edge.

If we were to look at Revan's best kills as of KoTOR. he has beaten, Uthar Wrynn(with Yuthura) then after that fight, he beat Yuthura, Calo Nord and two NPCs(with allies) Darth Bandon and two NPCs(with allies) Obviously his biggest feats as a duelist is taking down two Terantaktek and beating Malak. which is impressive, obviously.

But at the end of the day, If i had to choose and if you twisted my arm, threaten to delete my Xbox and PSN accounts, and took away my Nutella, I'd give the slight majority to Starkiller. But that's just my two cents

carthage
Do u think Revan cold beat Jaden and Depa?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Personally, I'd say Starkiller. If we look at lord Starkiller's feats, we see he beats ANH Obi-Wan, who contended on equal footing with Vader, he's beaten one of the most renowned and skilled duelist of the CW era(with difficulty. a friend of mine tells me SK had an advantage in this fight though) he beat Kota, Maris and Kazdan Paratus while the last two aren't that skilled their not below average. beating ANH Obi-Wan alone gives him a distinct edge.

If we were to look at Revan's best kills as of KoTOR. he has beaten, Uthar Wrynn(with Yuthura) then after that fight, he beat Yuthura, Calo Nord and two NPCs(with allies) Darth Bandon and two NPCs(with allies) Obviously his biggest feats as a duelist is taking down two Terantaktek and beating Malak. which is impressive, obviously.

But at the end of the day, If i had to choose and if you twisted my arm, threaten to delete my Xbox and PSN accounts, and took away my Nutella, I'd give the slight majority to Starkiller. But that's just my two cents

I could go with this for dueling, I was kinda in a similar line of thought after doing the respect thread.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
If we were to look at Revan's best kills as of KoTOR. he has beaten, Uthar Wrynn(with Yuthura) then after that fight, he beat Yuthura
Nope, TCSWE recognizes he kills them both at the same time.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by carthage
Do u think Revan cold beat Jaden and Depa?
Revan have the zame level of force protection than Jaden and even more... better light zaber zkill... And Thiz iz not the Revan who I like with the abilitiez to uze zimultananiouzly dark zide and light zide power in the zame time... I don't know f thiz zhitty verzion can but... That'z ztill an edge I know than Ztarforge Darth Revan iz able to... But 3.0...

AncientPower
Whom prevails in Force Power?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by AncientPower
Whom prevails in Force Power?

Probably Starkiller, at least TK wise, I don't recall anything for Kotor Darth Revan that matches holding the Falcon as it was using it's full engine power. Force Lighting won't really help, considering Starkiller could block it with his saber and or redirect it back to him, plus the lighting of his own.

AncientPower
Things don't seem to be going well for Lord Revan.

AncientPower
Given the lack of debating, I will simply end this round, the winner is:

LORD STARKILLER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.