Frikkin' selfies. Older than i thought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Russian Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna at the age of 13 was one of the first teenagers to take her own picture using a mirror to send to a friend in 1914. In the letter that accompanied the photograph, she wrote, "I took this picture of myself looking at the mirror. It was very hard as my hands were trembling."

http://romanovpalace.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/anst8.jpg

First use of the term selfie...

The earliest usage of the word selfie has been traced to 2002 when it first appeared in an Australian internet forum (ABC Online) on 13 September in a comment written by Nathan Hope: "Um, drunk at a mates 21st, I tripped ofer and landed lip first (with front teeth coming a very close second) on a set of steps. I had a hole about 1cm long right through my bottom lip. And sorry about the focus, it was a selfie."

Time Immemorial
Post a pic of your mom you lame ass, not of your crushes of 13 year old girls, sicko.

riv6672
World's first photobomber!
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/creepypasta/images/b/bd/Slender_in_background.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110428131924

Time Immemorial
More crushes on teenage women..

riv6672
Guess no one's into selfies?
Coulda sworn everyone took them these days! stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by riv6672
Russian Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna at the age of 13 was one of the first teenagers to take her own picture using a mirror to send to a friend in 1914. In the letter that accompanied the photograph, she wrote, "I took this picture of myself looking at the mirror. It was very hard as my hands were trembling."

http://romanovpalace.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/anst8.jpg

First use of the term selfie...

The earliest usage of the word selfie has been traced to 2002 when it first appeared in an Australian internet forum (ABC Online) on 13 September in a comment written by Nathan Hope: "Um, drunk at a mates 21st, I tripped ofer and landed lip first (with front teeth coming a very close second) on a set of steps. I had a hole about 1cm long right through my bottom lip. And sorry about the focus, it was a selfie."

I was going to call bulshit, but it appears the first camera timer was patented in 1902.

Begs the question, why did she use the mirror then?

riv6672
No idea!
I thought it was a neat factoid though. Thought selfies would be waaay more recent.

And, you been busy? Havent seen you in ages...

Time Immemorial
No idea!
I thought it was a neat factoid though. Thought selfies would be waaay more recent.

You are below Rob, quit trying to be his friend.

Robtard
No idea!

Just saving the world

riv6672
Ah, i'm glad you young guys have taken over for me...thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.