Ghost in the Shell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
Well we're getting some sweet ScarJo Sci-Fi, yo

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/scarlett-johansson-star-dreamworks-ghost-761118

BruceSkywalker
like scarjo but she is all wrong for the role... but her being hired isn't a major problem for me though

Impediment
She's good, but she's no spot on for the role of Motoko.

Robtard
J Lawrence, Gemma Arterton or Emilia Clarke would have been a better fit if they wanted a popular younger white actress for the role

Edit: Emmy Rossum is another; I'd have gone with her if it's got to be a white girl

marwash22
WWaLxFIVX1s

something i love and something i hate.

this is my nightmare.

Tzeentch
I actually thought of you and audibly "heh"d when I first heard about it.

Psychotron
Jesus, why is Hollywood so inept?

Kazenji
Thought they learnt their lesson when trying to adapt Akira, Guess not.

wakkawakkawakka
While I am not a fan for this decision at all, the the comment section of that article is pretty funny. Lets see how this turns out.

Mindship
Can't wait for the tank fight. Where's Halle Berry when ya need her?

vansonbee
Halle Berry as the Major? She couldn't handle Cat woman role right. Seem like I'm alone on being excited for this movie.

Tzeentch
How badass would it have been if they had cast a japanese actress in the role?

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch

I'm with you, but can you name one that can act within the age range?

marwash22
rhona Mitra. thumb up

meh, if this overrated chick gets naked, it'll all be worth it.

fappity fap fap fap.

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm with you, but can you name one that can act within the age range? Maggie Q. not Japanese, but at least she's Asian.

Robtard
^^That doesn't sound very Japanese-y to me

That'll do, pig, that'll do, even though she's a bit old for the physical aspects of the character

wakkawakkawakka
I'm with you, but can you name one that can act within the age range?

Asa Akira stick out tongue

But in all seriousness I'm not keen on anyone with significant acting ability.

Robtard
Rory McCann for Batou thumb up

marwash22
^^That doesn't sound very Japanese-y to me

That'll do, pig, that'll do, even though she's a bit old for the physical aspects of the character Maggie is not long off her "Nikita" role which was very physical.

There's Rinko Kikuchi (Pacific Rim), and of course there are plenty of other very good Japanese actresses... but they don't have a big name in the US and stuido's ain't putting money on an unknown lead.

marwash22
Rory McCann for Batou thumb up Batou is actually my favorite character. He'd be tough to cast, imo.

Mindship
Originally posted by vansonbee
Halle Berry as the Major? She couldn't handle Cat woman role right. Seem like I'm alone on being excited for this movie. I'm just feeling a bit apprehensive cuz the anime flick was so good.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
Maggie is not long off her "Nikita" role which was very physical.

There's Rinko Kikuchi (Pacific Rim), and of course there are plenty of other very good Japanese actresses... but they don't have a big name in the US and stuido's ain't putting money on an unknown lead. I meant physical looks, the Major is supposed to look like a woman in her early 20's due to having a synthetic body, though her mind is older, iirc. Maggie Q while gorgeous, is in her mid 30's

Rinko Kikuchi is perfect in looks, good call. Acting, she sucked dirty ass in Pacific Rim though and I can't recall seeing her in anything else off the top of my head

edit: Rinko Kikuchi is 34, lol. She didn't even look 30 in PR.

marwash22
laughing out loud

yeah, she wasn't great in Pacific Rim. Her imdb says she was in 47 Ronin, but that looked too terrible for me to watch so i don't know if she was any good in it.

wakkawakkawakka
Isn't Rinko also in her 30's? I think Maggie would've been a good choice despite having a more mature appearance.

marwash22
Josh Brolin for Batou.

marwash22
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Isn't Rinko also in her 30's? I think Maggie would've been a good choice despite having a more mature appearance. yup. she's only a year younger than Maggie.

Robtard
Batou is actually my favorite character. He'd be tough to cast, imo.

You'd need a large brooding no shit man who's bitter, but can crack the odd sarcastic joke here and there.

McCann's 6'6" and his take on Sandor Clegane was similar in personality.

Robtard
Josh Brolin for Batou.

Not bad, actually. Just way too short imo

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Tzeentch

laughing

Tzeentch
I'm with you, but can you name one that can act within the age range? Nope, but that's what auditions are for. Frankly, I'd prefer an unknown actress to play the role.

NemeBro
You'd need a large brooding no shit man who's bitter, but can crack the odd sarcastic joke here and there.

McCann's 6'6" and his take on Sandor Clegane was similar in personality. Batou isn't even 6'2".

What I'm saying is that Christian Bale should play him.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Batou isn't even 6'2".

What I'm saying is that Christian Bale should play him.

He always seemed much larger and imposing

Edit: Looking it up, seems he's 6'4" and 240lbs, you stupid dick. Bale is a good though

Tzeentch
Batou should be completely CGI, with Andy Serkis doing his movements and Mark Meer doing his voice. thumb up

NemeBro
He always seemed much larger and imposing

Edit: Looking it up, seems he's 6'4" and 240lbs, you stupid dick. Bale is a good though http://www.ntv.co.jp/kokaku-s/character/index.html

187 centimeters is just a bit shy of 6'2".

Cry about it *****.

Robtard
You and your silly weeaboo sites

TheGrat1
Eh, not excited by this news. I don't even care that she's white (The Major's body can look however she wants it to) but I just don't look forward to Scarlett in the role.

even though she's a bit old for the physical aspects of the character

That won't matter. Do you expect Scarlett to do her own stunts? LOL!

Stunt work is why I wish they could have found a hungry unknown. sad

Robtard
Originally posted by TheGrat1

That won't matter. Do you expect Scarlett to do her own stunts? LOL!

Stunt work is why I wish they could have found a hungry unknown. sad

My comment was in regards to Maggie Q and nothing to do with stunts. LoL?

marwash22
http://i.imgur.com/jMqqKmz.jpg

I'm boycotting this bullshit.

foh, man.

ewd2zwHrvRE

Inhuman

http://i.imgur.com/kxplYAR.gif

Kazenji
Better see some Tachikoma's/Fuchikoma's in this movie

wakkawakkawakka

uuL6cJPz3Nk

But in all seriousness this seems like a wasted opportunity more than anything else.

Patient_Leech
She looks like Charlize Theron from Aeon Flux.. and that's not really a good thing.

Kazenji
Different view from the Japanese

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/johanssons-controversial-ghost-shell-role-draws-different-reaction-overseas

Khazra Reborn
People sure are getting worked up about this one.

Inhuman
I get that people would want an Asian actress and thats cool with me too, but she doesnt look all that Asian to begin with.
Whatevs though, not a bid deal to me. I just want a good adaption. erm

http://i.imgur.com/IT3mNNK.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Qfg76Go.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by Inhuman
I get that people would want an Asian actress and thats cool with me too, but she doesnt look all that Asian to begin with.
Whatevs though, not a bid deal to me. I just want a good adaption. erm

So your judging the character on how she's shown/drawn?.......erm that's how they're normally are in Anime's

From the Japanese take on things in that link, The person says

"She has the cyberpunk feel. And we never imagined it would be a Japanese actress in the first place"

ares834
Originally posted by Kazenji
So your judging the character on how she's shown/drawn?.......erm

Well... Yeah.

Any way, I really don't care one way or the other.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ares834
Well... Yeah.

Any way, I really don't care one way or the other.

wakkawakkawakka
^ Idk if that's really the angle the director was going for then couldn't there have been anyone else cast as Motoko? Why not Olivia Munn or some other late 20-mid 30's actress.

For all this publicity this casting decision has created this adaptation better be awesome.

ares834

I know. So I'd think the same for most anime adaptations.

Kazenji
2DhoBuU1Dtc

Kazenji
HapT0SKcyfY

q7Tm73m0VZs

_6NJJ6pMKVY

wakkawakkawakka
Not as bad as I thought this casting was going to turn out, but still nothing that gets me excited to see it either.

Kazenji
I'm waiting for the trailer

not much to go on from teaser's.

Patient_Leech
I actually think the short little teaser things are kind of cool.

marwash22
HapT0SKcyfY

q7Tm73m0VZs

_6NJJ6pMKVY http://i.imgur.com/gvHlJfN.gif

The Nuul
goddammit, Scarlett Johansson actually looks like her anime counter part erm

i wanted to hate on this movie for white washing and i can't stand Scarlett

Batou is the best character and they better not fck him up

i will watch this online or something. no way in hell am i going to pay to see this

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Nuul
goddammit, Scarlett Johansson actually looks like her anime counter part erm

i wanted to hate on this movie for white washing and i can't stand Scarlett

Lol...as much as people in the west liked to complain about that, The Japanese aren't exactly loosing their shit over it, They're okay it

looks like its going to have some of the Lesbian love scenes like it does in the manga.

marwash22
like i said before, i Scarjos get naked and rips her arms off, my rage will be subsided.

The Nuul
it's listed on imdb that this guy is Batou

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNTEzMjUxODc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjkwMjgxNA@@._V1_UY317_CR31,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1561982/?ref_=tt_cl_i5

The Nuul
i also like Takeshi Kitano, he has done excellent work thumb up

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Nuul
it's listed on imdb that this guy is Batou

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNTEzMjUxODc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjkwMjgxNA@@._V1_UY317_CR31,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1561982/?ref_=tt_cl_i5

There's picture's of him in full costume

only missing the robotic implant eyes, Unless they're going to add that in later with SFX.

Basara
Very fine teasers. I look forward to true trailer and movie. Anime movie from 1995 was masterpiece.

Zack M
Wasn't there a teaser earlier?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack M
Wasn't there a teaser earlier?

Yeah there has been one released

from what's been shown and the info for the movie, They've basically remade the first GITS anime movie. Should'eve done a original story for the movie imo but that's too hard for Hollywood these days.

Dreampanther
Yeah... Something tells me I'll probably watch it.

http://www.thereelword.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/ghost-in-the-shell-scarlett-johannson.png

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Yeah... Something tells me I'll probably watch it.

I will be too

see what they change from the first anime movie.

Kazenji
4q9A0rA-kRU

jaden101
Really liked that trailer. Looks better than I thought it would.

TheOneFirestorm
Jack Reacher Never go back 6 out of 10
I don't think it was as great as the 1st movie but still a decent movie.

2nd movies the 1st sequel have a infamous problem of repeating most stuff from the 1st movie which is extremely lazy, uncreative, and very dumb.
This sequel doesn't do that as it has many separators. It's a entertaining good movie from start to finish.

quanchi112
Official trailer is up. Looks interesting. Never gotten into this story or these characters before so I'll be going in with fresh eyes. I'll keep my faithful posted when I see this.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by jaden101
Really liked that trailer. Looks better than I thought it would.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

marwash22
fck this movie.

carthage
Looks pretty cool

John Murdoch
Great trailer, and the cover remix of Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" by Ki:Theory just went on the iPhone.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, looks surprisingly good.

Aeon Flux, anyone?

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/57150141910584716f8bd13a-480/ghost-in-the-shell-paramount-copy.jpg

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Aeon-Flux-Movie-Charlize-Theron.jpg

Kazenji
Are you suggesting Ghost in the Shell ripped off Aeon Flux?

Patient_Leech
Are you suggesting Ghost in the Shell ripped off Aeon Flux?

No, just simply noting the similarities in the fashion styles. The hair styles are similar. I think it's just an anime thing.

Esau Cairn
Could possibly be just the same hair stylist was used for both films.

BruceSkywalker
4q9A0rA-kRU

looks good.. i'll be seeing

Dreampanther
For somebody who read William Gibson's Neuromancer long before The Matrix came out, and as a big fan of scifi, cyberpunk and anime this trailer looks pretty much like one of the greatest things I've seen in a long time.

wakkawakkawakka
4q9A0rA-kRU

Oddly enough if this movie were called any other thing I'd probably be excited for it.

Zack M
Meh

jinXed by JaNx
Looks like a good movie to look forward to for Netflix.

Inhuman

Kazenji
You going?

Flyattractor
meh. I can wait for Blu to see Yohansons bouncey robo titties.

Inhuman
You going?

Yes. Already reserved

John Murdoch
Have they released a trailer since the one that featured Ki:Theory's cover of "Enjoy the Silence"?

Inhuman
Fuq, had to pass on "Get Out" screening the same day erm

Nemesis X
tRkb1X9ovI4

The cringe is real.

I'm sorry but, to me, this looks so bad. This is a movie with the most cliched plot I've ever seen and I watched all The Expendables so far.

I also don't like Scarlet Johanson as Motoko. Give me another animated movie with her voiced by Mary Elizabeth or Alison Matthews anyday. They're the best.

carthage
First 5 minutes online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXuACzsPcw

Mindset
Originally posted by Nemesis X
tRkb1X9ovI4

The cringe is real.

I'm sorry but, to me, this looks so bad. This is a movie with the most cliched plot I've ever seen and I watched all The Expendables so far.

I also don't like Scarlet Johanson as Motoko. Give me another animated movie with her voiced by Mary Elizabeth or Alison Matthews anyday. They're the best. The source material came out in the early 90s, so of course it's cliche now, you dumb dildo.

TethAdamTheRock
Whats The Release Date?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage
First 5 minutes online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlXuACzsPcw

Looks cool as shit, but I don't know if there's substance behind the style or not. For now, though, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say it looks great.

StiltmanFTW
Scarlett looks great in that outfit.

TethAdamTheRock
Natasha Romanoff

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Whats The Release Date?

USE THE DAMN F%CKING INTERNET AND FIND OUT

HAHAHAHA

Kazenji
I'll be seeing the movie, screw the whiny bitches saying "Its been washed" etc

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Whats The Release Date?

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
USE THE DAMN F%CKING INTERNET AND FIND OUT

Yup. I'm sick of looking it up for you, brozilla. Do you even Internet, bro?

Patient_Leech
Well this comes out this weekend in the US.

It's about 50% on RT. Meh, I'll probably wait for a cheap showing.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_in_the_shell_2017

BruceSkywalker
don't give a rat's ass what fried black err rotten tomaoes says...

i saw this earlier.

i liked it..

marwash22
i hope this bs flops. like a Fan4stic flop.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

i liked it..

Christ balls, can we trouble you for a little more in-depth analysis?

Kazenji
Didn't even know the movie started here this week, I'll try and catch it.

Esau Cairn
Reviews here are positive.
Statements like if you're a fan of the original, you won't be disappointed by this adaptation.

Kazenji
Well i've watched Both of the movies from Mamoru Oshii & also own both season's of the tv series.

Darkstorm Zero
I must admit, I enjoyed this. I didn't mind some of the changes from the 1995 original anime film, but some of the changes.... as a friend of mine put it "killed the mystique" of the protagonist.

Robtard
Caught it yesterday, was fun. They stayed close to the source material in few aspects/scenes, which I enjoyed, it wasn't a GiTS in name only film which is what I feared. A few scenes were almost direct copies from the 1995 anime.

The Puppermaster/plot of the film was changed and simplified, which I don't see why, they could have followed that part of the script considering both this and the source anime are about the same length. That in turn also altered the Major's backstory; not for the better, imo.

Maybe it was just me, but the CGI seemed rather cheap at times and rather great at others, bit inconsistent there.

wakkawakkawakka
Caught it yesterday, was fun. They stayed close to the source material in few aspects/scenes, which I enjoyed, it wasn't a GiTS in name only film which is what I feared. A few scenes were almost direct copies from the 1995 anime.

that's good to hear as I was skeptical at first since the trailers did nothing to win me over. Ifs its a solid movie I'll check it out even though I would also be disappointed if it was a complete retread of the 1995 anime.

Maybe it was just me, but the CGI seemed rather cheap at times and rather great at others, bit inconsistent there.
That it not good to hear? Also how would you gauge ScarJo's performace in this movie? With all the marketing for this movie padding her name, I wonder if it wasn't just a blatant ploy to get people in seats: which isn't uncommon in selling movies but the transparency of the intent with this property bugs me.

Robtard
She does alright considering the role. At times her "Am I human?" looks and actions seem rather forced, but I also wasn't expecting Oscar-worthy performances out of this.

carthage
I can't speak for the critics as they didn't deter me in seeing this at all, but I left the theater in love with the film. Visually, it was enthralling and I found myself trying to analyze/take in all of the different aspects of the city. Highlights being the massive Koi fish, the giant astral humans, and the designs of the androids were all amazing to me. The plot didn't need to be as expansive at the 1995 animated film, even though they did touch on the nature of reality/Transhumanism but not as much as the anime. Its very clearly more of an analysis of Motoko's origins, and how her mind/Ghost still recalls things even in spite of being in a machine body. What the film did better than the anime was give Motoko far more character, she emotes with her conversations with Batou, has relationships with Kusei, is striving to learn her past with Dr. Oulet, and finds kindred spirits with Kusei/Batou. I felt like the writing really did her justice in having the plot center around learning about her, instead of intermingling with some of the philosophical Mind/body questions (Which are still addressed briefly) and with her arc throughout expand on her moreso than the anime. I don't actually recall much of her character in the anime as much, other than her relationship with Batou. So any chance in expanding her character is welcome, as I don't hold the anime in as high of esteem as Akira or Miyazaki's Major releases. While some might bemoan the lack of the Puppet Master, I felt that they incorporated enough of his influence to lead Motoko onto her path of self-discovery. The film incorporates a lot of the anime's influence so its not a loss at all (like Dragonball Evolution).

I'm honestly shocked that pieces of shit Social justice crybabies have to make a mess of her casting, and I have to disagree vehemently with the critics. I hope the box office picks up a bit, as I truly loved the story and would love nothing more than to see these characters again.

9/10

quanchi112
This film was boring, the action stunk, I didn't give a rats about ass about any of the characters, it was lame. Shit film. **** this film.

Flyattractor
and yet you loved Rogue One?

But seeing Scartron Robohanssen get "RoboNekkid" all the time didn't save it for you?

DellCurry
The reviews of the Boss baby are not very strong. But after the release, it beats The Ghost in the shell, which is excepted to earn huge on box office.

Patient_Leech
Hm... Stuckmann's review of this actually makes me a bit more interested in it. He gives it an A-

That and some of the footage I've seen of it is visually amazing...

89yKotapLFE

marwash22
this movie is on Magikarp mode.

big ol' flop.

hahahahahahahahahaha.

Kazenji
this movie is on Magikarp mode.

big ol' flop.

hahahahahahahahahaha.

Like that means anything

many other movies have flopped too, Doesn't mean that they're bad.

marwash22
where did i say it was bad?

i'm simply reveling in it's failure for my own personal reasons.

Kazenji

i'm simply reveling in it's failure for my own personal reasons.

because you have nothing better to do.

quanchi112
Like that means anything

many other movies have flopped too, Doesn't mean that they're bad. To me it was awful. Glad this pile of shit failed. Boring film. **** it. Huge failure.

TheGrat1
6/10 Decent.

They fundamentally changed the Major's character (for the worse, imo) when they decided to make her an amnesiac and the world's first full-cyborg, and forced her to join section 9.

The filmmakers made an honest attempt to incorporate as much of the original into this as they could and I appreciated it even though they made slight errors in doing so (Motoko not smiling when she jumped off the building either time, the interrogation of the ghost hacked garbage man, etc.)

They changed Kuze but I actually liked him. The first conversation he had with the Major was one of the best parts of the film.

Action was ok. Music was meh.

The '95 film is better than this in every way.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by TheGrat1

Action was ok. Music was meh.

I didn't know Clint Mansell did the score for this. He is a genius, so I suspect the music is amazing. Stuckmann raved about the music.

marwash22
because you have nothing better to do. lol. why are you mad tho?

wakkawakkawakka
So i just saw this movie and while the set pieces and the interpretation of Kuze are probably the best parts about the film, it is ultimately a letdown.

I see where the movie wanted to go by simplifying the GiTS mythos but it kind of makes is boring in addition to some of the action scenes looking akward and the CGI in other scenes left a lot to be desired. Scarjo's performance was servicable but I felt like the character that the Major was in this movie could've been played by just about any actress: which just confirms, to me at least, that it was just a gimmick to get people in theaters. Didn't care for the other villain in this film either and perhaps the worst part about it was the Spider tank fight somehow ended up being lame.

quanchi112
lol. why are you mad tho? thumb up

Kazenji
lol. why are you mad tho?

Not sure where your getting the "Mad" vibes from that last post

but okay, Fair enough.

John Murdoch
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostintheshell2017.htm

So is Ghost in the Shell this year's Watchmen? Both movies with budgets over $100 million that were/will be considered box office underperformers that are visually gorgeous but criticized for being style over substance and simple re-creations of what already came before (comic/manga, anime film)?

Also, both helmed by directors that do best with effects, cinematography, and adapting source material from books, novels, comics, and/or older movies (Snyder-vision and Rupert Sanders)?

Patient_Leech
^ Interesting comparison. I don't know much about the director for Ghost in the Shell, though. Looks like he hasn't done much else besides Snow White and the Huntsman, which was mediocre. I guess it was mostly bad because Kristen Stewart was poorly cast. Otherwise I don't remember there being much problem with the direction.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Interesting comparison. I don't know much about the director for Ghost in the Shell, though. Looks like he hasn't done much else besides Snow White and the Huntsman, which was mediocre. I guess it was mostly bad because Kristen Stewart was poorly cast. Otherwise I don't remember there being much problem with the direction.

Thanks Leech. Not quite an apples-to-apples comparison, I know.

Sanders has only been around the better part of this decade, whereas Snyder has gone on to get the higher-profile DCEU gigs and prove much more...divisive

Flyattractor
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Thanks Leech. Not quite an apples-to-apples comparison, I know.

Sanders has only been around the better part of this decade, whereas Snyder has gone on to get the higher-profile DCEU gigs and prove much more...divisive

Huh... I didn't know that the meaning of the word "divisive"
was another one for CRAP!

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Huh... I didn't know that the meaning of the word "divisive"
was another one for CRAP!

laughing out loud italics = sarcasm

Flyattractor
Originally posted by John Murdoch
laughing out loud italics = sarcasm

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/221/156/welcome-to-internet.jpg

CPT Space Bomb
This was not a bad film but I do feel it was probably a 7 out of 10 at best

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
This was not a bad film but I do feel it was probably a 7 out of 10 at best

Same.

Patient_Leech
(Just saw there is an Older Thread for this)

Anyway, just got back from this and rather enjoyed it (but then again I barely remember the original 1995 film). Found it quite mesmerizing. It's a shame it bombed at the box office because it seems like such a rich world with great potential. : (

(At least Fast 8 has made a billion+ dollars (Stupid humans). *smh*)

tkitna
I just watched the 95' cartoon and thought it sucked. Not sure i'm even going to watch the movie now. Probably wait until its on HBO or something.

StiltmanFTW
(At least Fast 8 has made a billion+ dollars (Stupid humans). *smh*)

Stupid humans indeed...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage
I'm honestly shocked that pieces of shit Social justice crybabies have to make a mess of her casting, and I have to disagree vehemently with the critics. I hope the box office picks up a bit, as I truly loved the story and would love nothing more than to see these characters again.

9/10

I enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting too. And it's a shame it bombed, because I think the world presented major potential. The world felt very Blade Runner. And Scar Jo nailed it, she was great in the role.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, no complaints about Scarlett in this movie.

Patient_Leech
bewbs...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f7iHsSjgr-M/WChdco_QWDI/AAAAAAAAx9c/GW6loYxSUlUSwRlQAQYIOC9DFb6DrahoQCLcB/s1600/Scarlett%2BJohanson%2BGhost%2Bin%2Bthe%2BShell.jpg

no bewbs...

http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NEpdJODR6Jq1sy_2_b.jpg

Robtard
Sucks it flopped, wouldn't have minded another GiTS animated film adapted to live action with the key cast members returning.

StiltmanFTW
bewbs...

thumb up

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f833541404ead0006fd92479bca3d9ba/tumblr_ogna96rH6Q1smxsioo1_500.gif

jaden101
bewbs...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f7iHsSjgr-M/WChdco_QWDI/AAAAAAAAx9c/GW6loYxSUlUSwRlQAQYIOC9DFb6DrahoQCLcB/s1600/Scarlett%2BJohanson%2BGhost%2Bin%2Bthe%2BShell.jpg

no bewbs...

http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NEpdJODR6Jq1sy_2_b.jpg

Just watch Under the Skin. Get to see her proper nekkit.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden101
Just watch Under the Skin. Get to see her proper nekkit.

Seen it. Liked it.

Patient_Leech
Watched this again and still liked it.

I wonder if it was just too weird to really grab a mass audience? It's a shame.

John Murdoch
Watched this again and still liked it.

I wonder if it was just too weird to really grab a mass audience? It's a shame.

Yep, it's one of my favorite films from 2017. Loved the soundtrack, the visuals and set design were beautiful, and plenty of plot and character development there for me.

Too bad, indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.