Weakest vs CISLESS Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who is the weakest being that can beat a CIS off Surfer for the majority? No bfring in this match and the contestants have CIS off as well.

TheLordofMurder
I honestly think Collector could do it, but he jobs from time to time, so it doesnt seem like he could do the job...

Runner could take him for sure; I honestly cant think of anyone weaker who could do it...

TheLordofMurder
Just noticed CIS off...

In that case I can go lower than Runner and Collector...

Henshaw could do it in the right environment; he'd be unkillable and would just wear down Surfer until Surfer falls......

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Just noticed CIS off...

In that case I can go lower than Runner and Collector...

Henshaw could do it in the right environment; he'd be unkillable and would just wear down Surfer until Surfer falls......

Wouldn't that fall in a prep category? And what type of environment because Surfer can probably manipulate that environment and change it into something else.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Wouldn't that fall in a prep category? And what type of environment because Surfer can probably manipulate that environment and change it into something else.
This.

The Surfer has a ridiculous amount of powers he's displayed on at least a planetary scale on multiple occasions : TP, matter manip, time travel, soul phuckery, space manip (ie creating black holes INSIDE enemies), etc..

CISLESS Surfer is easily a Trans Tier being.

You would need nothing less than Runner or Thanos written at their best to take him down.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
This.

The Surfer has a ridiculous amount of powers he's displayed on at least a planetary scale on multiple occasions : TP, matter manip, time travel, soul phuckery, space manip (ie creating black holes INSIDE enemies), etc..

CISLESS Surfer is easily a Trans Tier being.

You would need nothing less than Runner or Thanos written at their best to take him down.

No doubt, Surfer is beast...

But heres the thing:

1) CISless doesnt mean bloodlusted; he'll still fight in character, but wont do anything stupid that comicbook storylines force him into doing (or prevent him from doing)...

2) Its not common knowledge that Henshaw is a technopath; Surfer wouldnt start to transmute an environment just for the sake of doing so. By the time Surfer realizes hes dealing with a high end technopath, it may be too late...

3) Henshaw is a beast in a techology rich environment; look at his fight against Doomsday. It didnt take too long for Henshaw to do enough damage to kill Doomsday; its possible that he could do the same to Surfer before he realizes what he's dealing with...

4) Its in Henshaws nature to go for the kill; its not in Surfers...

5) The Black Hole inside his body wouldnt stop Henshaw in a technology rich environment; his consciousness would simply seize the tech at hand and reconstruct his body...which he can do very rapidly.

With those things said, in a technology rich environment, I believe a CISless Henshaw is fully capable of taking a majority against a CISless Surfer (in a neutral environment, I'd pick Surfer 10/10 under these conditions though)...

Now if Surfer was fully bloodlusted and fighting out of character, then I fully agree with you that he would be Trans and no one short of Runner or Thanos could put him down...

abhilegend
Superman.

Reflassshh
^ thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Not sure if Hank can resist mental/soul attacks. Likewise I'm not sure what Hank does to injure someone who can fight inside black holes and suns, etc. Also what will he be able to do once his body is destroyed? Isn't he just sort of..sentient energy when he has no physical form?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Surtur
Not sure if Hank can resist mental/soul attacks. Likewise I'm not sure what Hank does to injure someone who can fight inside black holes and suns, etc. Also what will he be able to do once his body is destroyed? Isn't he just sort of..sentient energy when he has no physical form?
How is surfer going to harm cyborg then? Because cyborg has entered black holes too. And he has oneshotted beings who can casually travel through black holes, GLs.

Digi
My answer would be a CIS-less version of the others who occupy the top herald slots. Thor, Superman, Henshaw was mentioned and is a decent pick too, etc. We could throw in a few more heralds and a few from the lower ends of Trans. to round out the group.

Thanos has donkey-punched Surfer with ease in each of their meetings. I realize he wasn't necessarily fighting to potential, but the idea that we need to go that high to find someone is a bit silly. Everyone's best feats are a tier or two higher than their average. So at that point, saying something like "Surfer belongs in Trans" is cherry picking both his and others' feats to make the argument.

Surtur
Originally posted by abhilegend
How is surfer going to harm cyborg then? Because cyborg has entered black holes too. And he has oneshotted beings who can casually travel through black holes, GLs.

Once he destroys his body he is kind of screwed. He needs tech and stuff nearby, otherwise he'd just be sentient energy that can't do a damn thing. Technically alive, but that's not much of a victory. Unless I've forgotten something and he can somehow attack without a body.

Then again, I see no reason why a soul attack wouldn't work.

abhilegend
Once he destroys his body he is kind of screwed. He needs tech and stuff nearby, otherwise he'd just be sentient energy that can't do a damn thing. Technically alive, but that's not much of a victory. Unless I've forgotten something and he can somehow attack without a body.

Then again, I see no reason why a soul attack wouldn't work.
Who says surfer can destroy his body? Even a galaxy busting attack couldn't fully destroy his body.

Because surfer has never done that to a top tier being?

Reflassshh
Cisless mexican guys would punk him.

Surtur
Who says surfer can destroy his body? Even a galaxy busting attack couldn't fully destroy his body.

You truly feel being able to survive galaxy busters is a consistent portrayal of his durability? How did Darkseid manage to destroy his body? How has Superman ever so much as scratched the dude?

Do we have any reason to believe his resistance to soul attacks is greater then an ordinary person?

carver9
SMH at a lot of things being said here.

abhilegend
You truly feel being able to survive galaxy busters is a consistent portrayal of his durability? How did Darkseid manage to destroy his body? How has Superman ever so much as scratched the dude?

Do we have any reason to believe his resistance to soul attacks is greater then an ordinary person?
What does consistent durability even mean here? And superman was able to beat him near death in the very same arc because it's what Superman does. Beating the shit out of everyone he fights. He is not puny silver surfer.

Yeah, it's not like he is a sentient energy form with much better control on his own form? Otherwise it's just a no limit fallacy.

Surtur
What does consistent durability even mean here? And superman was able to beat him near death in the very same arc because it's what Superman does. Beating the shit out of everyone he fights. He is not puny silver surfer.

Consistent durability means..consistent durability. Like if 99% of his durability feats show he can be hurt by far less then galaxy busting force..it's probably not the best feat to cite. You also did not answer my question: how did post crisis Darkseid destroy a guy with galaxy busting durability?

Yet on the other hand if you are going to claim he is immune to a power you usually need proof. Hank is not so ungodly powerful we can say he is immune just because. He's not skyfather level or anything.

abhilegend
Consistent durability means..consistent durability. Like if 99% of his durability feats show he can be hurt by far less then galaxy busting force..it's probably not the best feat to cite. You also did not answer my question: how did post crisis Darkseid destroy a guy with galaxy busting durability?

Yet on the other hand if you are going to claim he is immune to a power you usually need proof. Hank is not so ungodly powerful we can say he is immune just because. He's not skyfather level or anything.
So it's just another way of saying "I don't like it, so it didn't happen." I wonder why CBR doesn't do that with Gladiator or surfer? Anyway, it happened. Deal with it.

Omega beams stunned HP doomsday in the very same story and burned Superman while not even touching him. And why is it looking like you're trying to use Darkseid as if he is someone weak? He gave enough power to destroy 1/5th of a reality after all.

But opposite is true for silver surfer, right? He can beat anyone short of skyfather just because............
. Well nothing.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Who is the weakest being that can beat a CIS off Surfer for the majority? No bfring in this match and the contestants have CIS off as well.

If I'm understanding the question properly, the most obvious thing to write is that it would take someone above the Surfer's station. Thanos, or DS Sentry come to mind. Any character that can bathe in, or absorb his cosmic might are certain to beat him. Annihilus as he was seen during Annihilation, would probably be a perfect jailor for the Surfer. This does not always mean that it takes a character that is more powerful than the Surfer, a powerful telepath with pitiful physical abilities may also be able to lock him down. Tony Stark with prep, and tech may be able to turn him into a puppet, but prep may not be what you were looking for.

Board Walker
Cisless lusted surfer is not trans, he would be a high end herald but not trans.

Insane gennis, Thanos, Voidtry, those are Trans tier beings.

No matter how cisless and blood lusted surfer is, he would be unable to hang with solid trans tier characters due to their massive difference in raw power and scope of influence.

A trans tier being is someone who can fight skyfather level beings dor an extended duration, Surfer no matter how angry does not possess the durability and or survivability to achieve this.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Cisless mexican guys would punk him.
BUENO! He's bound.

Stoic
Originally posted by Board Walker
Cisless lusted surfer is not trans, he would be a high end herald but not trans.

Insane gennis, Thanos, Voidtry, those are Trans tier beings.

No matter how cisless and blood lusted surfer is, he would be unable to hang with solid trans tier characters due to their massive difference in raw power and scope of influence.

A trans tier being is someone who can fight skyfather level beings dor an extended duration, Surfer no matter how angry does not possess the durability and or survivability to achieve this.

It doesn't always work out like that. Versatility does win out some of the times. The Surfer could take a trans level being, but it would depend on their power set, experience, and ability to actually fight. Look at the Starbrand for example. The weapon is as great as the users imagination, but at this time, it's being wielded by a newbie. Give that puppy to the Beast, Forge, or Kang, and you would see a character that would probably be able to crush the Surfer.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Stoic
It doesn't always work out like that. Versatility does win out some of the times. The Surfer could take a trans level being, but it would depend on their power set, experience, and ability to actually fight. Look at the Starbrand for example. The weapon is as great as the users imagination, but at this time, it's being wielded by a newbie. Give that puppy to the Beast, Forge, or Kang, and you would see a character that would probably be able to crush the Surfer.

I agree that the starbrand in the hands of the right user could make them a trans level beinf, however this has nothing to do with the fact that surfer is not a trans level being.

Surfer's main strength ia his versatility, but it is not enough to give ghe majority over a trans level being.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.