Paris Rampage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/07/paris-terror-attack-what-we-know-so-far

Crazy

Time Immemorial
All in the name of Allah the words biggest false religion.

Robtard
1) That's terrible

2) Wasn't aware that Kalashnikovs came in a "pump-action" variant, so learned something new

3) TI, you come off sounding like a complete assclown when you say things like "biggest false religion"

Quincy
There are religions that are more false than others?

Bentley
This is a pretty disgusting happening. It's as if the terrorists and the nationalists were feeding each other.

Originally posted by Quincy
There are religions that are more false than others?

Good question, I guess they stop being religions if not even their followers believe what they preach. So, maybe?

Newjak
This is a sad moment.

ArtificialGlory
The Religion of Peace(tm) strikes again. Yipee...

Bentley
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The Religion of Peace(tm) strikes again. Yipee...

The religion of peace isn't a few dudes with guns.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
1) That's terrible

2) Wasn't aware that Kalashnikovs came in a "pump-action" variant, so learned something new

3) TI, you come off sounding like a complete assclown when you say things like "biggest false religion"

You generally are an ass clown. No offense.

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
You generally are an ass clown. No offense.

I assumed you'd be upset over what I said, so expected. None taken.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Bentley
The religion of peace isn't a few dudes with guns.

You're right. It's entire Theocracies like Saudi Arabia who use their considerable wealth push this medieval garbage on people.

Robtard
Hate to turn this thread into yet another "Muslims are evil/not evil" thread, but it seems like it's too late.

Fact: There are 1.6 billion (yes, with a B) Muslims in the world, a little over a 6th of the human population.

So if Islam is indeed all about shooting and beheading people as some of you seem to believe, then 99+% of them are doing an awful job at being Muslim.

Quincy
Well maybe they aren't PRACTICING Muslims?

Bentley
You're right. It's entire Theocracies like Saudi Arabia who use their considerable wealth push this medieval garbage on people.

Criminal governments exist. They are the norm, not the exception. But you don't need to be in a government to abuse hate and bias, some people will do anything to have power.

ArtificialGlory
Hate to turn this thread into yet another "Muslims are evil/not evil" thread, but it seems like it's too late.

Fact: There are 1.6 billion (yes, with a B) Muslims in the world, a little over a 6th of the human population.

So if Islam is indeed all about shooting and beheading people as some of you seem to believe, then 99+% of them are doing an awful job at being Muslim.

And how many of them treat women like 2nd class citizens and children as property?

Islam is indeed not all about shooting, but the Quran is not shy about telling people to force, at sword point, conversions to Islam. Like Quincy said, most of them are not practicing Muslims and thank ****ing Zeus for that.

Robtard
And how many of them treat women like 2nd class citizens and children as property?

Islam is indeed not all about shooting, but the Quran is not shy about telling people to force, at sword point, conversions to Islam. Like Quincy said, most of them are not practicing Muslims and thank ****ing Zeus for that.

No idea, how many?

Good thing swords are out of fashion then. But you should probably swing that judgmental pendulum upon the other religions too. eg Slavery and murdering your daughter if she doesn't obey you like the piece of property she is A-Okay in the Bible/Torah.

Robtard
dp

Bentley
No idea, how many?

Good thing swords are out of fashion then. But you should probably turn that judgemental pendulum upon the other religions too. eg Slavery and murdering your daughter is she doesn't obey you like the piece of property she is, A-Ok in the Bible/Torah

I'd appreciate if you didn't feed that discussion.

And let's not make the amalgam muslim/terrorist, that's the goal of every hatemonger in the world and I, for one, won't conceed them even a thought on that regard.

ArtificialGlory
No idea, how many?

Good thing swords are out of fashion then. But you should probably turn that judgemental pendulum upon the other religions too. eg Slavery and murdering your daughter is she doesn't obey you like the piece of property she is, A-Ok in the Bible/Torah

Way too goddamn many.

Absolutely. Christianity and Judaism are awful as well, but at least they've been reformed into something at least slightly less disgusting. Islam has never seen a reformation and it desperately needs one.

Quincy
It's not the religion that's the problem. It's the nutbars involved in the psycho acts like this.

ArtificialGlory
It's not the religion that's the problem. It's the nutbars involved in the psycho acts like this.

If only it was that simple. Islam is, by a country mile, the most terrorism and extremism-prone religion on the planet.

Newjak
If only it was that simple. Islam is, by a country mile, the most terrorism and extremism-prone religion on the planet. Where are your statistics to support this claim?

Omega Vision
The thing to take from this horrible attack isn't that "Muslims are evil" but that "ideologies that are intolerant of opposition are evil."

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Newjak
Where are your statistics to support this claim?

Statistics? Seriously? 9/11 alone would be enough to put Islam on the top of the list of terrorist acts for half a decade.

Quincy
Megs has a decent point

Bentley
Where are your statistics to support this claim?

It's a huge religion and it reigns in countries with poor population. The perfect set up for random hate and blindness.

That said, this just isn't about religion.

Newjak
Megs has a decent point He does. I would say it is an great point.

Statistics? Seriously? 9/11 alone would be enough to put Islam on the top of the list of terrorist acts for half a decade. So in short you don't have any. You just think because of that they should be. Got it.

ArtificialGlory
He does. I would say it is an great point.

So in short you don't have any. You just think because of that they should be. Got it.

3000 people died in an Islamist attack on 9/11. Now go and find me some statistics of Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, whatever terrorists that can even remotely match that. Hell, make it over a period of 5 years just to make it easier. Go on, chop chop.

ArtificialGlory
It's a huge religion and it reigns in countries with poor population. The perfect set up for random hate and blindness.

That said, this just isn't about religion.

India is a poor country. How many Hindu terrorists do you see flying planes into buildings?

Bentley
India is a poor country. How many Hindu terrorists do you see flying planes into buildings?

I'm not going to further devolve this thread into a discussion about religion. Bump a thread about India and terrorism if you want to and we can have that discussion over there.

Newjak
3000 people died in an Islamist attack on 9/11. Now go and find me some statistics of Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, whatever terrorists that can even remotely match that. Hell, make it over a period of 5 years just to make it easier. Go on, chop chop. In Northern Ireland's conflict alone over 3,000 people have died. Now that has been since 1969 but it is still ongoing.

More terrorism attacks in the US have happened by self-proclaimed Christians than Muslims. You are more likely to be killed by a self labeled Christian in the US than any other religious demographic.

Now the whole notion of terrorism itself is odd to me. For instance what makes something terrorism compared to a school shooting, or someone shooting people from a guard tower?

Quincy
It's considered terrorism if they are brown people. Otherwise, it's just "a crazy guy!"

ArtificialGlory
In Northern Ireland's conflict alone over 3,000 people have died. Now that has been since 1969 but it is still ongoing.

More terrorism attacks in the US have happened by self-proclaimed Christians than Muslims. You are more likely to be killed by a self labeled Christian in the US than any other religious demographic.

Now the whole notion of terrorism itself is odd to me. For instance what makes something terrorism compared to a school shooting, or someone shooting people from a guard tower?

Well, I said over 5 years, not 45 years, but it's still a good illustration. What Christian terrorists do over 45 years, Islamic terrorists can do in a day.

I think that has something to do with the fact that 78.5% of Americans are Christian while only 0.6% are Muslim.

What makes someone a terrorist is in whose name they perpetrate an attack. If the stated purpose of the attack is Islamic(Allah, Muhammed, some theocratic Caliphate, etc.), then it's an Islamic terrorist attack. The same thing apples to Christian terrorism, just replace Allah, etc. with Jesus, the Bible or whatever.

EDIT: Mind you, if someone just goes batshit crazy and kills a bunch of people, then that can still be called terrorism, but what I am talking about specifically is religious terrorism.

ArtificialGlory
Oh, and for those who desperately want statistics: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-30080914 Enjooooooy.

Newjak
Well, I said over 5 years, not 45 years, but it's still a good illustration. What Christian terrorists do over 45 years, Islamic terrorists can do in a day.

I think that has something to do with the fact that 78.5% of Americans are Christian while only 0.6% are Muslim.

What makes someone a terrorist is in whose name they perpetrate an attack. If the stated purpose of the attack is Islamic(Allah, Muhammed, some theocratic Caliphate, etc.), then it's an Islamic terrorist attack. The same thing apples to Christian terrorism, just replace Allah, etc. with Jesus, the Bible or whatever.

EDIT: Mind you, if someone just goes batshit crazy and kills a bunch of people, then that can still be called terrorism, but what I am talking about specifically is religious terrorism. I'm not quite sure what your statement is supposed to convey. Are you trying to say Islamic terrorists are more competent then Christian ones?

Because any Christian terrorist group could have done the same thing. It's not like the Islamic group that did 9/11 was special. I mean the second largest terrorist attack on US soil was the Oklahoma City Bombing. Does that mean that Christianity auto defaults as the second place winner?

Everything you described just sounds killers to me. I'm still not sure what the difference is other than you think they have to believe in something which is still just weird to me.

Newjak
Oh, and for those who desperately want statistics: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-30080914 Enjooooooy. Where is the similar chart for Christian terrorism attacks? Is it more likely Christian terrorism attacks are less likely to be classified as such?

EDIT: here I can post a link as well http://www.commdiginews.com/world-news/in-tragic-twist-anti-balaka-christian-terror-groups-attack-african-muslims-9691/

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The thing to take from this horrible attack isn't that "Muslims are evil" but that "ideologies that are intolerant of opposition are evil."

thumb up

Whether theological or otherwise.

ArtificialGlory
I'm not quite sure what your statement is supposed to convey. Are you trying to say Islamic terrorists are more competent then Christian ones?

Because any Christian terrorist group could have done the same thing. It's not like the Islamic group that did 9/11 was special. I mean the second largest terrorist attack on US soil was the Oklahoma City Bombing. Does that mean that Christianity auto defaults as the second place winner?

Everything you described just sounds killers to me. I'm still not sure what the difference is other than you think they have to believe in something which is still just weird to me.

Not necessarily. There's just far, far, FAR more of them and they're orders of magnitude more bloodthirsty and determined.

Could have. All of the thousands of deadly Islamist attacks that followed and preceded 9/11 also could have been Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, etc... but they weren't. Starting to see a pattern?

Christianity probably is the second place winner, it's just that Islam is leading by a country mile.

The difference is motive. I guess that we could pretend that all killings are the same, regardless of what motivated the killers, but I think we'd be burying our heads in the sand.

Bentley
The difference is motive. I guess that we could pretend that all killings are the same, regardless of what motivated the killers, but I think we'd be burying our heads in the sand.

Yes, just like we could duly pretend this is about religion, when it's clearly about politics and the current state of unease between moderate islam populations and Europe.

ArtificialGlory
Where is the similar chart for Christian terrorism attacks? Is it more likely Christian terrorism attacks are less likely to be classified as such?

EDIT: here I can post a link as well http://www.commdiginews.com/world-news/in-tragic-twist-anti-balaka-christian-terror-groups-attack-african-muslims-9691/

I don't know, feel free to go and find one. That very well might be the case, but somehow I seriously doubt that any missing reports could even begin to bridge the gap. Is there even a Christian equivalent of ISIS or Al-Qaeda, or Taliban?

That's horrible, but that doesn't even begin to approach the magnitude of Islamic terrorism. It caused 10k people to flee? Islamists are causing millions to flee.

Newjak
Not necessarily. There's just far, far, FAR more of them and they're orders of magnitude more bloodthirsty and determined.

Could have. All of the thousands of deadly Islamist attacks that followed and preceded 9/11 also could have been Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, etc... but they weren't. Starting to see a pattern?

Christianity probably is the second place winner, it's just that Islam is leading by a country mile.

The difference is motive. I guess that we could pretend that all killings are the same, regardless of what motivated the killers, but I think we'd be burying our heads in the sand. Where are you getting this data though. All you did was post 9/11(over a decade old event) had 3000 deaths as to your reason that Islam is by the far the worst religion.

Now you're saying they are the most common? What supports this? I've posted a link showing where a Christian organization is displacing tens of thousands of people.

So you're saying it is terrorism only the case if done as an ideology. Well in that case there so many Christian terrorist organizations in Eastern Europe killing so many other Christians for not being like them.

Like I said you don't really know what you are talking about. You have no actual statistics to support Islam being the worst by a country mile.

I normally wouldn't even acknowledge such a waste of time except it is this kind of rhetoric that breeds uninformed and dangerous people who want blood. It should not be encouraged. Most of Islam is the same as most of Christianity. They don't really care.

And the one poster had it right. A religion isn't to blame it is an ideology that hates and destroys opposition on the grounds of being different that is.

Seriously though this event is horrible and shouldn't happen. I hate sullying such a sad event with a needless debate because you want to make uninformed claims.

ArtificialGlory
Yes, just like we could duly pretend this is about religion, when it's clearly about politics and the current state of unease between moderate islam populations and Europe.

A lot of this is about religion, a religion called Islam. Not all of it, of course not, and I don't want anyone to think that it's 100% about Islam, but it's a very significant factor.

You said it yourself: "unease between moderate Islam populations and Europe". If this isn't about religion, then why are you even pointing this out?

Newjak
A lot of this is about religion, a religion called Islam. Not all of it, of course not, and I don't want anyone to think that it's 100% about Islam, but it's a very significant factor.

You said it yourself: "unease between moderate Islam populations and Europe". If this isn't about religion, then why are you even pointing this out? Most likely because people are trying to make it a factor, which breeds fear, which breeds animosity, which breeds bad blood between groups, which makes things harder to deal with.

Bentley

You said it yourself: "unease between moderate Islam populations and Europe". If this isn't about religion, then why are you even pointing this out?

This is obvious, why pretend these attacks are about religion (they aren't) if the religion angle can't be used at all. The perpetrators claim it's about religion as they could claim it was about race, about a nation, ecology or freedom. It isn't about religion in any true sense of the word, they want to divide the population and it has to be done at some level.

ArtificialGlory
Where are you getting this data though. All you did was post 9/11(over a decade old event) had 3000 deaths as to your reason that Islam is by the far the worst religion.

Now you're saying they are the most common? What supports this? I've posted a link showing where a Christian organization is displacing tens of thousands of people.

So you're saying it is terrorism only the case if done as an ideology. Well in that case there so many Christian terrorist organizations in Eastern Europe killing so many other Christians for not being like them.

Like I said you don't really know what you are talking about. You have no actual statistics to support Islam being the worst by a country mile.

I normally wouldn't even acknowledge such a waste of time except it is this kind of rhetoric that breeds uninformed and dangerous people who want blood. It should not be encouraged. Most of Islam is the same as most of Christianity. They don't really care.

And the one poster had it right. A religion isn't to blame it is an ideology that hates and destroys opposition on the grounds of being different that is.

Seriously though this event is horrible and shouldn't happen. I hate sullying such a sad event with a needless debate because you want to make uninformed claims.

I said 9/11 alone resulted in 3000 deaths. The website I linked actually tracked 5000 deaths resulting from Islamist attacks in a single month(!).

Yea, and Islamists are displacing millions. Hell, ISIS alone has probably displaced hundreds of thousands. Have you read my previous post?

Perhaps you would like to give some names and links? If you mean the Kosovo cluster****, then yes, it's bad, but it's got a long way to go if it wants to match the Islamists.

I just provided you with statistics. Don't like it, leave it. Provide some of your own.

Yeah, most of Muslims, like Christians, don't really care and yet the adherents of one of them commit far more atrocities than the other.

Yep, religions tend to be those kind of ideologies. One, in particular, is especially bad.

MF DELPH
http://youtu.be/raVW9mvJtp8

Impediment
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/jesusandmo_zps75190889.png

Jesus and Mo.

ArtificialGlory
This is obvious, why pretend these attacks are about religion (they aren't) if the religion angle can't be used at all. The perpetrators claim it's about religion as they could claim it was about race, about a nation, ecology or freedom. It isn't about religion in any true sense of the word, they want to divide the population and it has to be done at some level.

What are you trying to say? Can you read their minds if you say that it wasn't about religion?

Bentley
What are you trying to say? Can you read their minds if you say that it wasn't about religion?

We are at war. I'd be an idiot if I was to take the propaganda spout by the enemy at face value.

When you communicate, is not only about the message you send, but also to choose the topic that must be discussed. Recently the terrorists have chosen to call themselves an Islamic State, because they want to enforce the idea of Islam fighting the West. They are making noise to control the opinion we have on them.

I can't help but to give a comicbook example. In Earth X, the terrorist organization that Magneto leads is called the Brotherhood of Evil mutants. Magneto explains that by calling his side evil, the other side is forced to get the higher moral ground and assume the "good" side of the battle. This is just silly entertainment for young adults, but they figured out already the kind of propaganda these terrorist use. They are the Islamic side so the other side has to be the anti-islamic side.

I won't buy into their lies.

MF DELPH
Wait...

So you don't believe that they (they as in Jihadists and Extreme Theocratic Sharia Parties, i.e. ISIS, not every Muslim) are really trying to create a theocratic caliphate, and believe it's all lip service? They don't really want to impose "God's Law" as they claim (and in some cases, actually do)?

Bentley
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Wait...

So you don't believe that they (they as in Jihadists and Extreme Theocratic Sharia Parties, i.e. ISIS, not every Muslim) are really trying to create a theocratic caliphate, and believe it's all lip service? They don't really want to impose "God's Law" as they claim (and in some cases, actually do)?

Did Stalin really want to establish a Socialist world government with equality for the working class in every region on Earth? Maybe that was the case but very likely that wasn't the point at all. Ideology helps to you get a tight grip on power and to rally the lower classes into a helpless battle. Bottomline, the difference never mattered.

There is also the fact that terrorists don't have what it takes to build any kind of government, they thrive in the lack of stability on their region, so fighting a battle that is impossible to win fuel their endless pursuit of power.

BackFire

ArtificialGlory
Wow... the numbers are actually worse than I suspected. Religion of Peace(tm) roughly half of whose adherents support terrorism. ****in' A.

Time Immemorial
Lol @ everyone here defending Islam as usual.

AG is the only one here who has any clue, the rest is just trying to be politically correct.

And talking about India Terrorism. Gimmie a fcking break, since that is really an issue and what we are talking about in this thread.

Is India's "terrorism" running rampet through London streets with guns and the middle east?

Back ass liberal thinking.

Blame everyone but the people responsible.

Be ashamed.

ArtificialGlory
It's disheartening to see normally intelligent people like Robtard suffering from selective blindness when it comes to Islam.

MF DELPH
Any religion or ideology can be used as a weapon. Today's establishment of a Caliphate was yesterday's Reich, or the Inquisition before that and so on. I just draw the line at special pleading for religious ideologies being exempt from responsibility for the atrocities they inspire. If you can blame nationalism, socialism, communism, or tribalism you can blame theism. As Ras Kass spit, "Racism, sexism, every ism is a schism".

Robtard
It's disheartening to see normally intelligent people like Robtard suffering from selective blindness when it comes to Islam.

What exactly did I post here that showed "selective blindness"?

ArtificialGlory
What exactly did I post here that showed "selective blindness"?

You actually attempted to mount a defense of this horrid religion and its followers(of whom an absolutely appalling number support terrorism).

Robtard
You actually attempted to mount a defense of this horrid religion and its followers(of whom an absolutely appalling number support terrorism).

Pointing out errors/false claims/statistics doesn't automatically mean "defending". I don't care for Islam anymore than I do any other religion.

Robtard
Lol @ everyone here defending Islam as usual.

AG is the only one here who has any clue, the rest is just trying to be politically correct.

And talking about India Terrorism. Gimmie a fcking break, since that is really an issue and what we are talking about in this thread.

Is India's "terrorism" running rampet through London streets with guns and the middle east?

Back ass liberal thinking.

Blame everyone but the people responsible.

Be ashamed.

Can you name a single person here who hasn't blamed the two gunmen and condemned their actions?

ArtificialGlory
Pointing out errors/false claims/statistics doesn't automatically mean "defending". I don't care for Islam anymore than I do any other religion.

Maybe it's my shitty mood, but to me it came across as you trying to absolve Islam and Muslims from any kind of responsibility. Now it turns out that out of those 1.6 billion Muslims roughly 800 million are cool with terrorism.

Robtard
Maybe it's my shitty mood, but to me it came across as you trying to absolve Islam and Muslims from any kind of responsibility.

Now it turns out that out of those 1.6 billion Muslims roughly 800 million are cool with terrorism.

I don't blame the many for the actions of the few and I certainly don't excuse the actions of these two.

Seems like a BS number on the surface and I'd be curious which specific groups of Muslims those polls asked. But you know how the saying goes, 'ones man's terrorist is another's freedom-fighter'.

BackFire
Some great responses from cartoonists around the world to this slaughter by the followers of a crazed pedophile.

http://imgur.com/a/X2dT5

Robtard
The Twin Towers reference, too soon, man, too soon

ArtificialGlory
I don't blame the many for the actions of the few and I certainly don't excuse the actions of these two.

Seems like a BS number on the surface and I'd be curious which specific groups of Muslims those polls asked. But you know how the saying goes, 'ones man's terrorist is another's freedom-fighter'.

Maybe you can't blame them directly, but when hundreds of millions of your comrades support this sort of thing, it sure becomes easier for the few to pull shit like this off.

I have no reason to doubt the numbers. Here's another saying: 'If fire-fighters fight fires and crime-fighters fight crime, then what do freedom-fighters fight?'

Time Immemorial
Can you name a single person here who hasn't blamed the two gunmen and condemned their actions?

You want to blame individuals ok, blame them, but the religion that condones this behavior is equally to blame. I don't care how you want to peel it and serve it out as politically correct. Liberal agenda does not suit you Rob, I refuse to believe you are this blind to Islamic groups such as Al Queda, ISIS, Taliban and the many others in existence that constantly condone this behavior.

Again Lol at Bently for trying to talk about "Indian Terrosirst"

Last time I checked since when has that even come up and what does that have to do with Paris Rampage...

Pathetic

Time Immemorial
Maybe it's my shitty mood, but to me it came across as you trying to absolve Islam and Muslims from any kind of responsibility. Now it turns out that out of those 1.6 billion Muslims roughly 800 million are cool with terrorism.

I see no problem with your mood, you on point as usual.

Robtard
Maybe you can't blame them directly, but when hundreds of millions of your comrades support this sort of thing, it sure becomes easier for the few to pull shit like this off.

I have no reason to doubt the numbers. Here's another saying: 'If fire-fighters fight fires and crime-fighters fight crime, then what do freedom-fighters fight?'

Possible. Lack of support doesn't stop terrorist acts though. eg McVeigh probably didn't have millions of supporters

Ahhh, freedom? George Washington was a freedom fighter.

Robtard
You want to blame individuals ok, blame them, but the religion that condones this behavior is equally to blame. I don't care how you want to peel it and serve it out as politically correct. Liberal agenda does not suit you Rob, I refuse to believe you are this blind to Islamic groups such as Al Queda, ISIS, Taliban and the many others in existence that constantly condone this behavior.

I do blame them. These three gunmen are awful.

I'm not in favor of any organized religion, at least the three I'm more familiar with. eg I don't know a whole lot about Shinto, so I won't knock them just yet.

When I have denied that Al Qaeda, ISIS and the Taliban exist or are not a bunch of extremist asshates?

BackFire
Gunmen captured.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-magazine-attack/paris-attack-suspect-dead-two-custody-u-s-officials-say-n281761

Lestov16
I refuse to believe you are this blind to Islamic groups such as Al Queda, ISIS, Taliban and the many others in existence that constantly condone this behavior

1. Many of those groups, especially ISIS are condemned by major Islamic leaders just like homosexuality is allowed by the Pope even though the Bible strictly forbids it.

2. Those groups supposedly practice a form of Islam called Salafist Jihadism, which by no means represents the entirety of the Islamic community. My dad is a Sufi Muslim and condemns Islamic terrorism.

That being stated, I do hate Islam because of it's embrace of horrific human rights atrocities without any shame. At least the Pope and many moderate Christian leaders have denounced the earlier homophobia and misogyny of the Bible and allowed it to be more subjective interpretative so nowadays it is palatable with a modernist, humanist society. With Islam, it's a whole different ball game. While I did complement leaders of the Islamic community for condemning terrorism, they are totalitarian theocrats who fully embrace misogyny on a level of sexual slavery, scientific ignorance, strict dogmas, and homophobia, and condemn those who disobey to horrible deaths such as whipping and stoning.

The only reason this is able to persist IMO is that Middle East just happens to be sitting on top of a cornucopia of fossil fuels.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
The only reason this is able to persist IMO is that Middle East just happens to be sitting on top of a cornucopia of fossil fuels.

If there was no oil, America still wouldn't care that Saudi Arabia is the leader in human rights violations.

Lestov16
True, but at least the POTUS could condemn its human rights violations without fear of messing up geopolitical relations.

Omega Vision
America's foreign policy priorities in the Middle East are as follows:

1) Ensuring Israel is surrounded by governments that are either friendly or at least non-aggressive toward Israel.
2) Ensuring that global oil prices are not effected by political instability.
3) Protecting human rights.

The first two generally trump the third.

Lestov16
1. So it's ultimately Hitler's fault
2. Why aren't solar/electric/ alternative energies being used in place of fossil fuels on a mass scale?

Lestov16
To gauge another topic, between this and The Interview, it is interesting to see how Free speech is being attacked recently. This reminded me of the South Park/Family Guy controversy where Muhammad's picture was eventually censored. The ability to limit free speech is the ability to promote ignorance and primitive social stagnation. What are the limits of free speech, and what must be done it protect it?

ArtificialGlory
Possible. Lack of support doesn't stop terrorist acts though. eg McVeigh probably didn't have millions of supporters

Ahhh, freedom? George Washington was a freedom fighter.

No, it doesn't, but it sure as hell helps not to have it. Speaking of McVeigh, his motives were not religious, were they?

George Washington was vindicated by history. I'm not so sure whether people who callously kill unarmed, innocent people will ever be remembered in a positive light.

Bentley

Newjak

Again Lol at Bently for trying to talk about "Indian Terrosirst"

Last time I checked since when has that even come up and what does that have to do with Paris Rampage...

Pathetic My problem with this statement is that you think people are excusing the actions of Islamic extremists and condoning the actions of Al Queda, ISIS, Taliban.

All most people are trying to say is look at yourself before you cast an entire stone on such a large group of people. The group of people being those who worship Islam.

Christians have Army of God, KKK, Neo-Nazis and there are Christian tyrants in places like Africa that condone groups murdering other groups based on Ethnic/Religious backgrounds.

Condone the actions of the groups but don't generalize the whole of Islam based on those groups. That kind of baseless, uneducated talk is to blame for a lot of problems between people.

Quincy
Are those polls basically stating that there are islamics who are saying "Oh yes I agree with the men with the guns they should shoot everybody"

or are they saying "Yeah we believe in the same things save for the fact that you shouldn't shoot everybody about it."

Newjak
Are those polls basically stating that there are islamics who are saying "Oh yes I agree with the men with the guns they should shoot everybody"

or are they saying "Yeah we believe in the same things save for the fact that you shouldn't shoot everybody about it." It could be those.

It could also be "Yeah we live in poor lands where most of you could give two sh*ts about us unless you're trying to take something from us. At least these groups are pretending to care about us and trying to offer something better." It is surprising how often that happens in history.

Time Immemorial
My problem with this statement is that you think people are excusing the actions of Islamic extremists and condoning the actions of Al Queda, ISIS, Taliban.

All most people are trying to say is look at yourself before you cast an entire stone on such a large group of people. The group of people being those who worship Islam.

Christians have Army of God, KKK, Neo-Nazis and there are Christian tyrants in places like Africa that condone groups murdering other groups based on Ethnic/Religious backgrounds.

Condone the actions of the groups but don't generalize the whole of Islam based on those groups. That kind of baseless, uneducated talk is to blame for a lot of problems between people.

I find it funny that whenever terrorists run through streets in Paris, throw planes into buildings and beheads reporters in the name of Allah, someone finds relevance talking about "Christian Army of God in Africa"

As anyone from Africa knows. God left Africa long time ago.

This has been like the fifth discussion where we are discussing somone killing in the name of Allah and someone wants to talk about Christians in Africa.

Get on point.

Time Immemorial

Robtard
My apologies, whoever brought that up is throwing a prayer trying to derail subject and find common issue.

It was Rob. I should have known. He's always defending Islam as usual. I think he is Muslim. I can't see such defense in the name of a religion that acts like this.

Your alrightsmile

Incorrect. I didn't mention India either.

Time Immemorial
Incorrect. I didn't mention India either.

Yes and the people bringing up Africa didn't being that up either. While we at it, let's talk about Columbia drug cartels and those killings..

Robtard
Yes and the people bringing up Africa didn't being that up either. While we at it, let's talk about Columbia drug cartels and those killings..

No, I didn't mention India in here. Go back and read if you have to.

Omega Vision
I find it funny that whenever terrorists run through streets in Paris, throw planes into buildings and beheads reporters in the name of Allah, someone finds relevance talking about "Christian Army of God in Africa"

This has been like the fifth discussion where we are discussing somone killing in the name of Allah and someone wants to talk about Christians in Africa.

This is an absolutely ridiculous argument, on par with Bill O'Reilly's "tide comes in, tide goes out" defense of Intelligent Design.

You could make the same argument that "as everyone knows, God left the Middle East a long time ago" to dismiss any mention of Muslim extremism in the Middle East.

Robtard
Somewhat of a "No True Scotsman"

Newjak

Get on point. Technically the Army of God I was talking about is American based.

Regardless the reason people bring up the Christian groups that support injuring or murdering other people is to counter certain arguments. Mostly people that come in and make broad sweeping remarks on all Islamic people or groups. The point of bringing up the Christian bad groups is to draw parallels between the two. So that people may understand that making such broad non-backed statements is not productive.

Basically you are judging Islam on the actions of a few groups, yet you can do the same to those you claim to be Christians. You can do it with basically any grouping whether by nationality, ethnicity, religion, or favorite sports team. Most people choose to bring up Christianity is because it is often most relatable as a topic to people making the claim of Islam is all or the worst by showing hey you guys have no right to make such claims.

I can spell it out for you though.

The are many groups that identify as Islamic that are not good and need to be dealt with. But much like most groups, simply trying to demonize the whole of Islam based on the few often just leads to bad blood among the numerous groups that identify as Islamic that either would side with us, or just don't care. You've now would have alienated those friendly or could be friendly groups so I'm glad you are not running our responses on these matters.

Time Immemorial
Technically the Army of God I was talking about is American based.

Regardless the reason people bring up the Christian groups that support injuring or murdering other people is to counter certain arguments. Mostly people that come in and make broad sweeping remarks on all Islamic people or groups. The point of bringing up the Christian bad groups is to draw parallels between the two. So that people may understand that making such broad non-backed statements is not productive.

Basically you are judging Islam on the actions of a few groups, yet you can do the same to those you claim to be Christians. You can do it with basically any grouping whether by nationality, ethnicity, religion, or favorite sports team. Most people choose to bring up Christianity is because it is often most relatable as a topic to people making the claim of Islam is all or the worst by showing hey you guys have no right to make such claims.

I can spell it out for you though.

The are many groups that identify as Islamic that are not good and need to be dealt with. But much like most groups, simply trying to demonize the whole of Islam based on the few often just leads to bad blood among the numerous groups that identify as Islamic that either would side with us, or just don't care. You've now would have alienated those friendly or could be friendly groups so I'm glad you are not running our responses on these matters.

The constant and consist downplaying of ISIS, Al Queda, Taliban and the lesser known factions are the reason we are in this mess in the first place.

Just 6 months ago ISIS according to people here was "not even a threat"

Look where we are today, now they are completely taking over the middle east.

I don't call that a small group. You know we are talking about these extremist groups and their following, to infere that I have over generalized is incorrect.

I know exactly what I am talking about and I have fought and engaged these people in the front lines in both theaters over there.

Time Immemorial
This is an absolutely ridiculous argument, on par with Bill O'Reilly's "tide comes in, tide goes out" defense of Intelligent Design.

You could make the same argument that "as everyone knows, God left the Middle East a long time ago" to dismiss any mention of Muslim extremism in the Middle East.

Obviously God did not leave the middle east because they are killing in his name.

I have not watched O'Reilly's in ages, it sounds like you are watching him more then me.

Omega Vision
Obviously God did not leave the middle east because they are killing in his name.

I have not watched O'Reilly's in ages, it sounds like you are watching him more then me.
I didn't say you watched Bill O'Reilly. I was likening your argument to one of his. I actually find Bill O'Reilly to be the only sane person on FOX, certainly one of the few people on that network for whom I have any respect.

And obviously God hasn't left Africa because Africans are killing people in his name...

Time Immemorial

And obviously God hasn't left Africa because Africans are killing people in his name...

No you stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
...I have not watched O'Reilly's in ages, it sounds like you are watching him more then me.

He's never watched O'Reilly's show. He's just repeating some lie he read on the internet.

AsbestosFlaygon
Let's be realistic here.
If you read the Quran in its entirety, you will find out that such actions are highly favorable. It's called Jihad, where adherents should oppose anything non-Muslim and are rewarded with worldly pleasures in heaven.

The fact is, the Quran is a book filled with ideologies of hatred and fear-mongering.
Every Surah has a negative view of non-adherrents, and it keeps repeating the same shit over and over again, forcing the reader that everything written is right and justifiable.
It is the opposite of Christianity's Bible, where hope and love are the main focal points.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
It is the opposite of Christianity's Bible, where hope and love are the main focal points.

Wow! You've never read all of the bible. eek!

Time Immemorial
Let's be realistic here.
If you read the Quran in its entirety, you will find out that such actions are highly favorable. It's called Jihad, where adherents should oppose anything non-Muslim and are rewarded with worldly pleasures in heaven.

The fact is, the Quran is a book filled with ideologies of hatred and fear-mongering.
Every Surah has a negative view of non-adherrents, and it keeps repeating the same shit over and over again, forcing the reader that everything written is right and justifiable.

People like Rob and Omega ignore this though.

Robtard
Let's be realistic here.

Have you read the Qur'an first to last page?

I feel as if you read the Bible (I have read it, btw), you ignored a lot of it, predominately the Old Testament where it can be better described as Murder Inc., but there's some nice death threats and damnation in the NT as well. Matthew 11:20-24 is a nice one.

Time Immemorial
Have you read the Qur'an first to last page?

I feel as if you read the Bible (I have read it, btw), you ignored a lot of it, predominately the Old Testament where it can be better described as Murder Inc., but there's some nice death threats and damnation in the NT as well.

Where does the bible it teach to kill and murder one another, I'm pretty sure that's against the ten commandments.

Robtard
People like Rob and Omega ignore this though.

What exactly have I "ignored" now? Because I feel you're attribution thoughts/actions to me which I do and/or did not ever express again.

Time Immemorial
What exactly have I "ignored" now? Because I feel you're attribution thoughts/actions to me which I do and/or did not ever express again.

You have said numerous times that Islam is not a violent culture...

Robtard
Where does the bible it teach to kill and murder one another, I'm pretty sure that's against the ten commandments.

Really?

How about we go with Leviticus, since it is brought up often and is one of the better known/quoted sections of the Bible:

Leviticus 20:9 (KJV) aka "Death for insulting your parents"

For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Leviticus 20:10 (KJV) aka "Death to cheaters"

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13 (KJV) aka "Kill All Queers!"

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 20:27 (KJV) aka "Death to fortunetellers"

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 24:16 (KJV) aka "Blasphemy, oh no"

And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.

Robtard
You have said numerous times that Islam is not a violent culture...

IIRC, I have not. My issues with what you say generally comes from you blanketing all Muslims for the actions of the few

Time Immemorial
IIRC, I have not. My issues with what you say generally comes from you blanketing all Muslims for the actions of the few

Where did I blanket all Muslims and accuse them all of Jihad.

Fact is Muslim extremists commit more terrorism and death then any other religion.

Robtard
Yeah, extremist are pretty bad. Guess we can agree on that thumb up

Shakyamunison

What?! Dude, read the OT.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What?! Dude, read the OT.

There is stories of people dying and wars, but thats the story of earth. I remember God punishes murders.

Time Immemorial
The terrorists continue their rampage today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/01/09/paris-hostage-supermarket/21489449/

Shakyamunison
There is stories of people dying and wars, but thats the story of earth. I remember God punishes murders.

How about god ordering every man, woman, child and beast to be killed?

Time Immemorial
How about god ordering every man, woman, child and beast to be killed?

The flood?

Shakyamunison
The flood?

Later when the Israelites were entering into the land of Canaan. However, I don't believe that these war stories are real. I think they were popular fiction of the day.

Robtard
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/GFO106/Levit13-14-15.jpg

Time Immemorial
Later when the Israelites were entering into the land of Canaan. However, I don't believe that these war stories are real. I think they were popular fiction of the day.

The cannaites.. I believe they were descendants of Nephlim the race of giants that were very evil. One of the reasons God brought the flood about. The were a pestilence to mankind and they killed men.

Quincy
The cannaites.. I believe they were descendants of Nephlim the race of giants that were very evil. One of the reasons God brought the flood about. The were a pestilence to mankind and they killed men.

You're thinking of the Frost Giants of Jotunheim

Robtard

thumb up

Shakyamunison

And that is why they are just stories. You don't actually believe they really happened?

MF DELPH
Not to mention that's inaccurate per the Bible (Genesis 7:21-23). The Flood killed every human and every land animal save the occupants of the Ark per the story. Every human alive today, per that story, is a descendant of Noah and his 3 sons and their wives.

Lestov16
Not to mention that's inaccurate per the Bible (Genesis 7:21-23). The Flood killed every human and every land animal save the occupants of the Ark per the story. Every human alive today, per that story, is a descendant of Noah and his 3 sons and their wives.

thumb up

During the Middle Ages, Europeans classified race based on the Great Chain of Being, a hierarchy based on closeness to God. They believed all living humans were descendants of the 3 sons of Noah, Shem (ancestor to the Semetic, or Asiatic, race), Japeth (ancestor to the Japethic, or Indo-European, race) and Ham (who supposed due to sinfulness was punished with the Hamitic, or African, race, who were cursed with dark skin and degeneracy, according to the Babylonian Talmud). They believed themselves to be the closest to God and said their epitomic form was a female skull found in the Caucasus Mountains, hence the term Caucasian.

Time Immemorial

It mentions that the Nephlim existed in the flood and after due to breeding of fallen angels who took mortal women to be their wives and a race of giants was created and that they existed after as well. David well fought one called Goliath.

Time Immemorial

Marvel and DC get many ideas from the Bible.

Robtard
Now sure if Jotenheim was in the Bible

Robtard
It mentions that the Nephlim existed in the flood and after due to breeding of fallen angels who took mortal women to be their wives and a race of giants was created and that they existed after as well. David well fought one called Goliath.

David was a giant Philistine, ie a giant of a man.

Giants did exist after the flood:

Genesis 6:4 (KJV)

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

But the ones that were alive before the flood died apparently:

Genesis 7:23 (KJV)

And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

So we can assume that after the flood, Angels continued having sexy-time with human women creating giants

The giants were EXTREMELY large apparently:

Numbers 13:33 (KJV)

And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Quincy
Lady Sificus 23: Yay and God said to his only begotten son, "Your brother Loki is a dick."

Omega Vision
Umm, not to be a pedant, but in Norse Mythology, Thor and Loki weren't brothers. Loki was blood brother to Odin, he just hung around Thor because Thor was useful muscle and sometimes a source of amusement.

Quincy
I'm talking real life stuff not your D and D Gobots bullshit

Quincy
Nah im just playing around sorry

Time Immemorial
David was a giant Philistine, ie a giant of a man.

Giants did exist after the flood:

Genesis 6:4 (KJV)

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

But the ones that were alive before the flood died apparently:

Genesis 7:23 (KJV)

And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

So we can assume that after the flood, Angels continued having sexy-time with human women creating giants

The giants were EXTREMELY large apparently:

Numbers 13:33 (KJV)

And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Glad we agree, but I don't think David was a Philistine. Goliath was one for sure, a giant of Nephlim origin most likely.

In the book of Enoch it talks about how bad God punished the Fallen for breeding with the humans not many wanted to do so after. Im guessing that's why the Nephlim did not take the earth back over in a massive degree again.

MF DELPH
That's still inaccurate. Canaanites are descendants of Noah (Ham's son Canaan, Noah's grandson), not the Nephilim. Canaan, per Biblical canon, is one of Ham's four sons whose offspring founded tribes in what we now call Egypt, Chad, Sudan, Jordan, and Ethiopia (Genesis 10). Later God commanded the descendants of Noah's son Shem (the line that leads to Abraham) to conquer and slaughter their cousins, the descendants of Noah's son Ham (Caananites, Hittites, Amorites, Zemarites, etc. which all descend from Ham), as post flood all humans descended from Noah (per the book).

*Edit

I might add I don't believe this to be more than myth, but that's the canon of the story.

Robtard
Glad we agree, but I don't think David was a Philistine. Goliath was one for sure, a giant of Nephlim origin most likely.

In the book of Enoch it talks about how bad God punished the Fallen for breeding with the humans not many wanted to do so after. Im guessing that's why the Nephlim did not take the earth back over in a massive degree again.

Meant to say "Goliath", had the story of D & G on my mind.

Well no, if Goliath actually existed, he was just a tall/large man, but it's very possible the story is just a parable of God's will overcoming all. But even in the stories he wasn't supernatural in origin.

AsbestosFlaygon
The terrorists continue their rampage today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/01/09/paris-hostage-supermarket/21489449/
According to that article, the gunman (Coulibaly) is in cahoots with the Kouachi brothers.

This leads me to think that Al-Qaeda may now be affiliated, if not assimilated, with ISIS.

krisblaze
They're intensifying the chase after the girlfriend of one of the terrorists.

For those of you who can read the divine language

My teacher in Jap.lit keeps posting these articles that condemn people who make and publicize caricatures...smh
Newjak spreading some truth.

Omega Vision

Well no, if Goliath actually existed, he was just a tall/large man, but it's very possible the story is just a parable of God's will overcoming all. But even in the stories he wasn't supernatural in origin.
Goliath is described in the Bible as four cubits and a span, about 6'9", which would be the equivalent of a man being 7'5" today--truly giant in human terms, but not kaiju sized.

Tzeentch
There seems to be some debate about that, as the majority of translations for that scripture put him at 6 cubits, while a few put him at 4.

6 cubits and a span would be almost 10 feet tall, iirc.

krisblaze
^who gives a ****?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Tzeentch
There seems to be some debate about that, as the majority of translations for that scripture put him at 6 cubits, while a few put him at 4.

6 cubits and a span would be almost 10 feet tall, iirc.
Whether 7' or 10', we can agree that most depictions of Goliath in culture don't reflect his Biblical billing(s).

Tzeentch
For sure, I'm just a pedantic clown who likes making people feel small.

Time Immemorial

The giants where not supernatural because the angles bred with humans, they just game out to be large giant humanoids.

Something like this size.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FC8wWsBKc88/maxresdefault.jpg

Shakyamunison
So, they were creations of photoshop?

Ushgarak
Alright, has anyone got anything on-topic to say? If not, I will close.

Lestov16
To gauge another topic, between this and The Interview, it is interesting to see how Free speech is being attacked recently. This reminded me of the South Park/Family Guy controversy where Muhammad's picture was eventually censored. The ability to limit free speech is the ability to promote ignorance and primitive social stagnation. What are the limits of free speech, and what must be done it protect it?

Time Immemorial

Im quiet suprised sony wanted to cancel the showing of the interview, you think they made the film for a reason.

Robtard
The giants where not supernatural because the angles bred with humans, they just game out to be large giant humanoids.

Something like this size.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FC8wWsBKc88/maxresdefault.jpg

Biblical angels to me would be supernatural, so their building sized half-breed offspring would also be supernatural in origin

I don't believe these stories to be true though, so if Goliath actually existed and was over seven feet tall, he was probably some guy inflicted with acromegaly

Time Immemorial
Biblical angels to me would be supernatural, so their building sized half-breed offspring would also be supernatural in origin

I don't believe these stories to be true though, so if Goliath actually existed and was over seven feet tall, he was probably some guy inflicted with acromegaly

Well have to talk about this somewhere else, Shark said its off topic.

AsbestosFlaygon
I shouldn't have mentioned the Bible in this thread.

Back on topic:
Latest reports say the gunman's GF/wife, Hayat Boumeddiene, fled to Syria.

Bentley
Hey guys, I noticed that several of the foreign newspapers that covered the massacre of the journal actually censored their cartoons. The french media was a bit surprised that they'd censor themselves when the attack was essentially on freedom of speech.

I wondered what did you think about this?

AsbestosFlaygon
They're afraid of ISIS/Al-Qaeda.

This can happen again if any publishing company dared to mock Muhammad and/or Allah, at any given time and place.

It's sad that these fear-mongering tactics are actually working against freedom of speech.

BackFire
Lot of News Agencies in America censored them as well.

Robtard
well that's a shame

Time Immemorial
4 million people gathered for a walk of freedom in Paris.

Omega Vision
4 million people gathered for a walk of freedom in Paris.
It's more like 1.6 million in Paris, while the total across all of France is close to 4 million. Still the biggest such event in French history.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>