Jaina Solo vs Mara Jade Skywalker vs Obi Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Primes for everyone!!

carthage
Jaina Solo

NewGuy01
Jaina's probably the most skilled/powerful but least experienced, whilst Mara is the most experienced and versatile whilst the least skilled/powerful, and Obi-Wan's somewhere in the middle of that equation.

Ultimately I'd say Jaina's the strongest player on the field, with Mara and Kenobi being more or less evenly matched in their own rights.

WildBantha88
Kenobi

carthage
dies to Jaina

Angelalex242
Mara wins on tactics, letting Jaina fight ObiWan as much as possible till she can stab Jaina in the back.

WildBantha88
Jaina is good, no doubt. But she couldn't beat a one armed dying Caedus with BM. On the contrary Kenobi has gone head to head with Dooku multiple times and his defensive soresu style will allow him to outlast the competition

NewGuy01
She didn't have BM, Caedus was not dying, and she did win.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by NewGuy01
She didn't have BM, Caedus was not dying, and she did win. perhaps that was her first battle. He was really ****ed up. And barely

NewGuy01
In their first battle she doesn't have BM, she's disguised as Luke; Caedus thinks he's fighting Luke, which speaks for Jaina's level of ability since he didn't notice vast disparity in skill. Also, in their first battle Caedus's only injury is his arm.

In their second battle Caedus's only disadvantage is his mutilated arm, and a stab wound. Which is obviously significant, but then again, he's notorious for being able to fight through grievous injuries.

Nephthys
Jaina was amped in the 1st battle and Jacen was handicapped in the second plus Jaina tapped into reserves she'd never experienced before.

NewGuy01
The text doesn't suggest at all that she was amped, and you're the only one who's been suggesting otherwise to my knowledge.

carthage
She was assisted by Luke in the first fight either way *shrug.

I still maintain she'd lose to him without any sort of assistance, and if they were both in prime condition on neutral ground.

WildBantha88

In their second battle Caedus's only disadvantage is his mutilated arm, and a stab wound. Which is obviously significant, but then again, he's notorious for being able to fight through grievous injuries. kinda like Depa and Mace :mmm:

Nephthys
The text doesn't suggest at all that she was amped, and you're the only one who's been suggesting otherwise to my knowledge.

Other than it directly stating she's operating above her normal capabilities and that she's never felt as powerful as she did in that fight (which I assume includes other times shes been amped)?

NewGuy01
Yep, except Jaina wasn't amped like Depa, and Caedus was doing more than defending.

Fated Xtasy
Yep, except Jaina wasn't amped like Depa, and Caedus was doing more than defending.

Yeah, true. except that was because he thought he was fighting Luke, not Jaina. In their second fight all he does is defend and Jaina notes that he could have killed her if he wanted to.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yeah, true. except that was because he thought he was fighting Luke, not Jaina. In their second fight all he does is defend and Jaina notes that he could have killed her if he wanted to.

1.) I'm not sure what this changes, maybe it'd make him more cautious? But then again, he'd have less reservations about killing Luke than Jaina, too.

2.) To some degree, yes, but there is still an obvious and significant difference in the descriptions of Caedus and Mace in Invincible and Shatterpoint respectively.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage

I still maintain she'd lose to him without any sort of assistance, and if they were both in prime condition on neutral ground.

I don't think anyone is questioning that.

Angelalex242
Regardless, in this fight, she's the worst tactician of the 3. Jaina might actually drop first, as Mara will generally want to stay out of the way as much as possible, and Obi Wan is generally content to let his opponents beat futilely on Soresu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.